Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I see your shelf is lifted a bit there. How much taller than a regular Detolf space is he?

And what did you use for that? I just realized I have three extra detolf shelves and I could maximize my Superman cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Aphrodite posted:

I see your shelf is lifted a bit there. How much taller than a regular Detolf space is he?

Its about 1/2 inch too tall with the stand.Without the stand, the tip of his head is barely too tall. It could be displayed without raising the shelf if you didn't use the stand, and the knees were bent. I raised the shelf by an inch or so.

Rhyno posted:

And what did you use for that? I just realized I have three extra detolf shelves and I could maximize my Superman cases.

Wire clamp 3/16in

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That should be fine then. Bending his knees a bit makes for more of an angry pose anyway, since I want to do the Rocket on his shoulder pose.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone had issues with the IKEA lights not staying attached to the mounting tape they come with? I have one that continuously keeps falling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Has anyone had issues with the IKEA lights not staying attached to the mounting tape they come with? I have one that continuously keeps falling.

Yeah it's not great. Go buy some 3M mounting squares and cut them to fit your needs.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was so happy looking at the thumbnail and almost pre ordered, but holy gently caress that is an ugly hat.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Guardians. (minus Drax obviously)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jealous as gently caress. Those look fantastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just paint a WWE Batista figure green and red. Close enough.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Just paint a WWE Batista figure green and red. Close enough.

There is no 12" Batista figure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ryback, then. Same thing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

None of them either.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

therealjon_ posted:

There is no 12" Batista figure.

I think Jakks did a 12" Batista at one point but I can't remember what that line was called. I have a bitchin Undertaker from that line.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I think Jakks did a 12" Batista at one point but I can't remember what that line was called. I have a bitchin Undertaker from that line.

There's the Ring Giants Batista, which is weird and exaggerated. They never made a Batista in the more realistically sculpted Maximum Agression line.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Joe Fisto posted:

The Guardians. (minus Drax obviously)

I like the inquisitive head tilt three of the four have, they're pretty badass.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Throw some more dynamic poses in. Use the Hot Toys range of movement to your advantage! :)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My Star Lord is in a dancing pose.

The Avengers are all serious in combat poses and stuff, but that felt wrong for him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Today's get

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

His belt buckle looks like one of those microchips or whatever they are on a debit card.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
So I never even thought about this, because I've only ever bought "Normal" toys before, but are accessories like Cap's shield made out of metal and stuff? I'm so accustomed to cheap bendy Safety plastic, I never even thought about what happens when you get a two hundred dollar Thor figure.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

WeX Majors posted:

So I never even thought about this, because I've only ever bought "Normal" toys before, but are accessories like Cap's shield made out of metal and stuff? I'm so accustomed to cheap bendy Safety plastic, I never even thought about what happens when you get a two hundred dollar Thor figure.

They're metal (the last few anyway). This one has magnetic hands so the shield can attach magnetically like in the movie. Thor's hammer is metal too. (not real Uru)

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 13, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that AoU Cap? That's out already?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Is that AoU Cap? That's out already?

Yup. Came in stock on Tuesday. Have AOU Iron Man and War Machine as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Huh. I didn't realize those ones were so far ahead of the others. I thought they were all like Fall and later.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Cool! Shipping on 2 Figma Thinkers came out to like 13$.

I was worried about that. Can't wait to get em in!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Huh. I didn't realize those ones were so far ahead of the others. I thought they were all like Fall and later.

Hawkeye, Hulk, Scarlett Witch, Vision, Black Widow and Ultron should be out by the end of the year. Ultron Mk1, Iron Legion, HulkBuster, Iron Man Mk45 are slated for next year. No word on Thor or Quicksilver.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I only got Ultron Mk1 from Age of Ultron because it's the only cool design.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Are we posting pictures of our recent Hot Toys Dollies? This came for me earlier this week. I need to come up with a better pose for him, but I'm hoping I can get off my butt and 3D print either the front end of a delorean or make a lil clock tower diorama thing for him.

Also, love that the flyer (doesnt stay in his hand very well flattened out) has the number Jennifer wrote on the back.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
God I can't even remotely justify spending that much on a glorified doll, I have no idea how you guys do it, especially having to explain how much you just spent to your SO.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

God I can't even remotely justify spending that much on a glorified doll, I have no idea how you guys do it, especially having to explain how much you just spent to your SO.

Who the hell needs a girlfriend/boyfriend when you have plastic Chris Evans?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Think of all the Hot Toys you could have bought instead of jerky

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Louisgod posted:

I was waiting for the hall to open at SDCC one year and talking to a guy who was into large polystones. He talked about how as his collection grew, so did the price of what he was buying. Pretty soon he was getting massively expensive pieces and trying to figure out how to explain the cost to his wife. He finally came up with just telling her that it cost $50 in cases where it became really expensive. He figured $50 was enough to account for a piece that looks expensive but not so much his wife would get ultra pissed at him. It seemed like a pretty decent idea with 2 problems.

1) With inflation and everything, there'll come a point quickly where $50 is no longer a good enough price, but as long as you push it up a little after a while, you should be ok, except for problem 2.

2) His wife showed up just in time to hear all this.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Rage posted:

Think of all the Hot Toys you could have bought instead of jerky

It'd be like five

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

You don't have to when they buy a lot of silly toys too.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Louisgod posted:

I used to think the same thing - then I spent 300 dollars on Soul of Chogokin GaoGaiGar. Totally worth it. :smugbert:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

My wife doesn't care. She buys a shitload of dresses and shoes, I buy fancy dolls. She actually bought me my first one and started this whole thing.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

God help me, I just preordered the Hot Toys Darth Vader.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

All of their Star Wars stuff looks so good.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

That's too much money for a guy from a Disney movie.....

is what I'm telling myself to try and resist the urge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Taint Reaper posted:

That's too much money for a guy from a Disney movie.....

is what I'm telling myself to try and resist the urge.

It's also a guy from the Star Wars prequels. Does that help? :v: