Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

,mm would be better if we did config roulette with each others settings

I second this idea. we should do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

,mm would be better if we did config roulette with each others settings

Getting FetalDave's config would be akin to hitting Bankrupt on Wheel of Fortune

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Getting FetalDave's config would be akin to hitting Bankrupt on Wheel of Fortune

More like being that guy in Fallout New Vegas who's fuckin stoked about winning the Legion death lottery but thinks he's just become rich as hell.

illezt
Mar 1, 2005

Xenaero posted:

I honestly don't even think that would be the worst config to get. I think Ephedra's config with inverted + left hand would be way harder. Hell, even just inverted.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
sants also plays inverted iirc

the only things i've got bound differently than the standard binds are: mic -> spacebar, jump -> mwheeldown, he -> mwheelup, mbutton4/5 -> flash/smoke

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

yeah its quite hard. you can also try a looser fingertip grip, it should give smoother control while still being familiar.

then it becomes all flick and theres no tracking when you have to make fine adjustments, especially at close range. at least in my experience. i use a fingertip/palm mix with my thumb+pinky for gripping the mouse though god look at me what am i writing
:angel:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Sitting Bull posted:

mbutton4/5 -> flash/smoke

I also rebound smoke and flash and I love it, especially for the latter. Makes those quick flashes so much more intuitive, it feels like

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Valve dropping source 2 into dota 2 within the next month, maybe we'll see it integrated into csgo and fix some of the retarded rear end hitboxes

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Luna Was Here posted:

maybe we'll see it integrated into csgo and fix some of the retarded rear end hitboxes

lol

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Luna Was Here posted:

Valve dropping source 2 into dota 2 within the next month, maybe we'll see it integrated into csgo and fix some of the retarded rear end hitboxes

lol

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

It like a thought bubble from the little puppy.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Luna Was Here posted:

naive
[nah-eev]

adjective
1. having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
2. having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.
3. having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique:
valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.
4. not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I hate the new grinding needed just to play match making, casual loving sucks and is an entirely different game compared to the 5 on 5 and I'm only getting like 75 exp per game.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

ColoradoCleric posted:

I hate the new grinding needed just to play match making, casual loving sucks and is an entirely different game compared to the 5 on 5 and I'm only getting like 75 exp per game.

Don't grind casual for Gods sake. its agony. Gun game or DM instead.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

bpower posted:

Shoot chickens too. It's like a free 3xp per chicken.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

bpower posted:

True say. It's like, an opportunity to practice principles.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Unbound posted:

Shoot chickens too. It's like a free 3xp per chicken.

Well now, this changes everything!!!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
New vac wave, check your lists and see how many you got

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
k, taking suggestions, every few rounds I'll fire a weapon and it'll instantly drop my fps to 30ish. What do I do other than constant restarts

About to

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 13, 2015

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

uninstall

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Xenaero posted:

k, taking suggestions, every few rounds I'll fire a weapon and it'll instantly drop my fps to 30ish. What do I do other than constant restarts
turn all the settings to bad and lower your res

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Xenaero posted:

About to

Have you reinstalled recently? Whenever I reinstall a game my computer wants to run it off of my integrated card and not my dedicated, try that?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

lmao thats the worst thing ive written in my entire life

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jun 13, 2015

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Crain posted:

Is there a setting I have to turn on or off to actually get the graphics to stretch? I was trying to get it to work on my laptop last night but it only have me the corrected resolution with black bars.

It should be a setting in your graphics card driver options. With Nvidia, it's in Display -> Adjust desktop size and position -> Select a scaling mode -> Full screen.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

bpower posted:

It like a thought bubble from the little puppy.

Turk February posted:

naive
[nah-eev]

adjective
1. having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
2. having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.
3. having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique:
valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.
4. not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal.

since that didn't register i shall append this to my post

/s, otherwise meaning end sarcasm

seriously tho gently caress this game l m a o

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

We should totally have an FPS off between the cs crowd and the tf2 crowd. Play some like 10 v 10 TF2 then do like 2 games of 5v5 or some poo poo in CS.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

Kwilty posted:

We should totally have an FPS off between the cs crowd and the tf2 crowd. Play some like 10 v 10 TF2 then do like 2 games of 5v5 or some poo poo in CS.

why would you do that with 2 ded games

heh

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Kwilty posted:

I've got a fair amount of time from TF2 in the days before hats.

I believe the word for the size of the dump the CS players would be taking on the Hat Sim guys is "monumental"

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I used too much wrist so I got one of those wrist braces meant for wrist injuries. It forced me to use my arm and now it feels good.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

One of my classmates got VAC banned yesterday. So that's how he rose from Silver Elite Master to MG so fast lol.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

has anyone else got really bad stuttering and framerate issues seemingly out of nowhere today?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^

StabMasterArson posted:

has anyone else got really bad stuttering and framerate issues seemingly out of nowhere today?

With the every new patch comes new performance issues

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

StabMasterArson posted:

Maybe the same thing that has happened to Xen, and there's a couple of posts on reddit about similar sudden issues. seems likely that something performance-wise was broken for some people in the most recent patch

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
  • hit em in the head
  • use both the wrist and the arm instead of one or the other
  • get good
  • shameless edit :twisted: 1v1 me
  • lists

Carol Pizzamom fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 14, 2015

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Kwilty posted:

As someone who was pretty competent at TF2 back in the day I like this idea

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

Maybe the same thing that has happened to Xen, and there's a couple of posts on reddit about similar sudden issues. seems likely that something performance-wise was broken for some people in the most recent patch

I got 980 but i cant get stable frames like what the gently caress, my 144hz screen is useless

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Necc0 posted:

As someone who was pretty competent at TF2 back in the day I like this idea

I never understood TF2.. Something about it was just absurdly weird. The gameplay felt like nothing you did matter, because all the servers were 12v12, and everything revolved around capture points ie stand in a circle which has very little depth so it was essentially TDM

I did once join a 5v5 server though and it was a much better game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The best way to get good at aiming, is to get comfortable, and then learn to deal with it like someone who doesn't have brain AIDS.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

The best way to get good at aiming, is to get comfortable, and then learn to deal with it like someone who doesn't have brain AIDS.

you monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Crain posted:

Is there a setting I have to turn on or off to actually get the graphics to stretch? I was trying to get it to work on my laptop last night but it only have me the corrected resolution with black bars.

I had a hard time figuring it out on my laptop too. They way it worked for me was to change my desktop resolution to 4:3 (with an option to stretch winged off?) in the intel HR graphics control panel thingy and launch the game. I was then able to go back to my normal desktop resolution and the stretching stayed in cs. If that makes any sense.

• Locked thread