Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minrad posted:

I haven't played FF15 and don't plan to unless it makes it to PC a decade down the line, so the post was literally just nonsense. I read it through twice because I thought he was posting here instead of the Witcher thread or something. I just thought it was weird how completely foreign every concept in that sentence is except "troopers" to every other Final Fantasy game, excepting the MMOs, I guess.

FF15 is probably going to launch on PC .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Minrad posted:

I haven't played FF15 and don't plan to unless it makes it to PC a decade down the line, so the post was literally just nonsense. I read it through twice because I thought he was posting here instead of the Witcher thread or something. I just thought it was weird how completely foreign every concept in that sentence is except "troopers" to every other Final Fantasy game, excepting the MMOs, I guess.

FF15 does not have "random battles" but the 1.0 version of the demo did have troops arrive by drop ship continuously over a time interval. This was complained about due to the frequency that it occurred. The game also has "side quests" because SE decided to adopt some of the more popular open world features of today's RPGs. Cooking is in the game but not in the style of an MMO where you basically create tons of stuff at a crafting station. Instead, you camp out a lot and have dinner. That dinner is based on the ingredients which you have accumulated so far and it provides buffs that last throughout the following day. If you don't have ingredients then you eat toast which means you don't get buffed.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Minrad posted:

If you didn't understand what he said, you have brain problems. There is no technical language in that post at all. Do you really not understand what quest markers are or food buffs? Staples of games for decades?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Levantine posted:

If you didn't understand what he said, you have brain problems. There is no technical language in that post at all. Do you really not understand what quest markers are or food buffs? Staples of games for decades?

:thumbsup: Not what I said.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minrad posted:

:thumbsup: Not what I said.

Yes you did. You said you have no idea what a side quest meant or what percentages were.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

He said those things were foreign to FF games. Not to himself. Come on guys...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Xavier434 posted:

You don't understand, FF15's honor had been besmirched!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Kyrosiris posted:

lol you're precious

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Xavier434 posted:

Haha, expecting people to read before getting their sick burns on.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Levantine posted:

It's pretty clearly that he meant FF is not known for having any of those

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I apologize for trolling...I haven't had my coffee yet.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
YIKES! Stay Gooned poverty ghosts.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
My only concern now is just what the lore reason is for Noctis being able to Summon at all, and if there will be Summon monster battles to obtain new ones, or Summon vs Summon battles with full scale character models.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Kyrosiris posted:

Final Fantasy XV is serious business. So serious in fact, that Yochi Wada lied to investors about the troubled state of the game's development as Versus XIII.

Too bad he fell on his sword to save face over some stupid vaporware vanity project. He and his career would've been better off publically cancelling the game and giving the money to Eidos instead of the blast furnace that is Square Enix Tokyo.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Is weird that ff explorers no english

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Is weird that ff explorers no english

explorers bad

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Motto posted:

explorers bad

still weird, also weird ff1 3ds no english

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Make another ffta you japanese bitches

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Sunning posted:

Final Fantasy XV is serious business. So serious in fact, that Yochi Wada lied to investors about the troubled state of the game's development as Versus XIII.

Too bad he fell on his sword to save face over some stupid vaporware vanity project. He and his career would've been better off publically cancelling the game and giving the money to Eidos instead of the blast furnace that is Square Enix Tokyo.

They did not technically "lie". They withheld embarrassing information which is still pretty bad, but let's face it. Tons of companies, both successful and clusterfucks, withhold information from stockholders to maintain their stock's value all of the time.

This is not my "apology post" for SE's decision in this matter. I just think that it is worth pointing out that this sort of thing is more common than any company would like to admit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

corn in the bible posted:

Make another ffta you japanese bitches

How about instead of another terrible FFTA game they make another good FFT instead? Put this one a few hundred years earlier with Demon Jesus.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Szurumbur posted:

My only concern now is just what the lore reason is for Noctis being able to Summon at all, and if there will be Summon monster battles to obtain new ones, or Summon vs Summon battles with full scale character models.

Why does the lore reason matter? It will be:
A) the special power of the royal family
B) bestowed on him because he's a [l'cie]
C) a pilgrimage :v:
D) reasons, which include

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Evil Fluffy posted:

How about instead of another terrible FFTA game they make another good FFT instead? Put this one a few hundred years earlier with Demon Jesus.

FFTA2 was good

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone here want to watch Square Enix's E3 presentation hype video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrSH2wKh6ys

Also all of the Tactics games own and I hope they make another one that's more sped up or at least with a speed up button. Don't even care if it's Tactics 2 or A3 I'm cool with either.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Szurumbur posted:

The Caelum bloodline seems to have the power to pull poo poo out of thin air, which is how Noctis keeps materializing all those weapons. Summons are probably tied into that, and why Nilfgard is so enthusiastic about murdering him before he can walk back into his city with a pocketful of magical WMD's.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone here want to watch Square Enix's E3 presentation hype video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrSH2wKh6ys

Also all of the Tactics games own and I hope they make another one that's more sped up or at least with a speed up button. Don't even care if it's Tactics 2 or A3 I'm cool with either.

You know, there's something insulting about them using a Chrono Trigger remix for that video when they've left the series to rot for the last 16 years.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what are you trying to say schwartzcough. are you saying chrono trigger 2 at e3????????

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

You know, there's something insulting about them using a Chrono Trigger remix for that video when they've left the series to rot for the last 16 years.

I'm really curious what you think the good outcome here would be. Like would it better if Square-Enix made regular sequels to Chrono Trigger? Keeping in mind they couldn't be possibly made by the same team who made the original game.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

they made that ds version and even added some lovely bonus storyline

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that remix is a jam and a half tho

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really curious what you think the good outcome here would be. Like would it better if Square-Enix made regular sequels to Chrono Trigger? Keeping in mind they couldn't be possibly made by the same team who made the original game.

Sure, why not? I actually enjoyed Chrono Cross. The Final Fantasy games are made by different teams, and I've still enjoyed most of those. No, we probably won't be getting a game as good as Chrono Trigger again, but it was sad to see the series abandoned.

epitasis posted:

what are you trying to say schwartzcough. are you saying chrono trigger 2 at e3????????

Maybe. :tinfoil:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
It's probably just 3D Chrono Trigger remake coming to iOs :suicide:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

Sure, why not? I actually enjoyed Chrono Cross. The Final Fantasy games are made by different teams, and I've still enjoyed most of those. No, we probably won't be getting a game as good as Chrono Trigger again, but it was sad to see the series abandoned.

If they're not going to make a game as good as Chrono Trigger then why do you want more Chrono Trigger? Why is it sad that the series was 'abandoned' when it was self-contained, well-made, simple game that wrapped up all its plot elements. (With the exception of one dangling one which Chrono Cross took care of.)

Like, yeah, the Final Fantasy games are made by different teams but at the end of the day they could all be different games entirely. What is the benefit to bringing back Chrono Trigger instead of, say, making a Final Fantasy game where you play as dudes who travel through time and fix paradoxes?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If its anything its just a PC port of the iOS version of Chrono Trigger that will somehow be even worse as all Square Enix port teams seem to understand is generation loss.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

If they're not going to make a game as good as Chrono Trigger then why do you want more Chrono Trigger? Why is it sad that the series was 'abandoned' when it was self-contained, well-made, simple game that wrapped up all its plot elements. (With the exception of one dangling one which Chrono Cross took care of.)

Like, yeah, the Final Fantasy games are made by different teams but at the end of the day they could all be different games entirely. What is the benefit to bringing back Chrono Trigger instead of, say, making a Final Fantasy game where you play as dudes who travel through time and fix paradoxes?

I don't think that Chrono Trigger games really need to be direct sequels any more than the FF games are. I mean, CC was a direct sequel only in the loosest sense. But like the FF games, a series can be defined by recurring elements, themes, and stylistic choices that produce a "feel" for a series.

And I suppose they could try shoehorning those into a FF game (and arguably already have with XIII-2), but why not continue with with its own series instead of trying to cannibalize elements to use halfassedly in another series.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

I played and loved FF7. I played and hated FF13. Which FF should I play now?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

VelociBacon posted:

lightning returns

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

VelociBacon posted:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

VelociBacon posted:

It would help if you knew which part you liked/hated about both. Storyline, battle system, etc.

That said FF9/FFX are safe bets.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

ImpAtom posted:

For me it's the story. I want to know why Chrono and Marle died. According to one of the producers, the attack on Guardia that led to their deaths was due to someone loving with time. I think that's worth exploring. None of CT's characters need to be in it, but I'm genuinely curious about the story.

VelociBacon posted:

The others are terrible. So FFs 6, 12, and 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

V-Men posted:

For me it's the story. I want to know why Chrono and Marle died. According to one of the producers, the attack on Guardia that led to their deaths was due to someone loving with time. I think that's worth exploring. None of CT's characters need to be in it, but I'm genuinely curious about the story.

The others are terrible. So FFs 6, 12, and 4.

You should play the extra dungeons in the DS ports!

Actually don't they suck, what happens:
that one guy who's name I can't remember that summons the golems raises Porre into a military state and uses it to get revenge on Chrono and Marle for beating him up