Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

EightFlyingCars posted:

Turn down your sensitivity if you haven't already. I go with +1 and it offers stable aim without being too slow to turn.

I have them set to +0. It's mostly the disconnect of the gyro controlling both x and y-axis camera movements but the right stick only does x-axis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
God the krak on splatroller is so satisfying. Just played an hour worth of ranked and only lost like 6 and they were all 100-0 rape feats. Most wins were by knockout. It's insane how much you fly up the levels. I think I started learning a lot more map awareness by the end of it, that and that. 96 gal is so dangerous.

God I love this game

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Finished single player. :tviv: End boss was some hype-rear end poo poo.
Got high enough for the Inkbrush. After using Krak-on, you're moving at sanic speed, it's amazing. Sure, it has no spread, but who cares.

Now to Git Gud at multiplayer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Like half of the gear upgrades I'm getting are the one that increases the range of bombs and such.

I use the Krak-on Roller. These are literally never going to be helpful to me.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Splatfest! :toot:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

can't wait to splat some pop fools.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Team Dog fully endorses Team Pop if the pop is pre-2001 sans Blue October.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

So, for those of you that are using the Krak-On Splat Roller (most people using rollers), I highly, highly recommend getting Special Duration up in one of your main slots. Nothing feels better than krakening a person that popped a bubbler right after you popped kraken, only for it to wear out on them before your kraken wears out. Get a couple of sub-ability duration rolls as well, and your kraken lasts a drat long time. I've killed quite a few people who charged at me expecting the kraken to go away because of the increase in duration. One second may not seem like much, but it really is.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Some more screenshots I took

Played a few rounds, and the maps do look pretty cool at night. But the matchmaking is weird: Getting Team Rice (AKA The team I'm on) was quick. So far I've had to wait at least 30 seconds for the other team to show up. I'm not sure if it's paring the teams separately and then trying to merge them or what. But it's a little annoying.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
From watching Japanese streams of Splatfest, it seems like there's one new squid sisters song and it plays every single match. So that'll get old.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Silentman0 posted:

Splat-o-matic is basically a slightly better N-Zap with a worse sub/super, which is to say it's a worse Jr. and a worse Aerospray. I don't know why we needed another short range, high attack speed weapon but there you go.

Its longer range, and a narrower line of fire

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Nice tweet, squid-lisa simpson

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

The first few rounds I was in, our team dominated. Then it was a streak of near misses or blowouts, followed by domination again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Reiley posted:

More skill guns is a welcome inclusion to the game. Anything you have to aim at people is a treat.

That's what I like about the blaster, but in reality it seems like aiming for direct hits punishes you more often than it rewards you.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

What's that counter up in the corner with 14/50?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Maybe number of wins to get another sea slug or something.

People in Japan take their rice and bread very seriously, looks like.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 13, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

Have you seen the 100 pages of people arguing about cats vs dogs in this thread

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

cats > bread

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

That is an important topic

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

oopsie rock posted:

cats > bread

Rock > cats

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

The split is real. :allears:

Can't wait for the Cat vs. Dog and Pop vs. Rock Miiverse propaganda posts.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Zeruel posted:

Got high enough for the Inkbrush. After using Krak-on, you're moving at sanic speed, it's amazing. Sure, it has no spread, but who cares.

If you use the inkbrush like a roller, you're going to have a bad time.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

oopsie rock posted:

What's that counter up in the corner with 14/50?

スーパーごはんボーイ = Super Rice Boy. The more you play, the more you "level" up your character in the fest. If you win you get five points, lose and you get two (If you get over 400 points in the round).

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

raditts posted:

Maybe number of wins to get another sea slug or something.

Wait until cats/dogs begins and we get a fresh new wave of spongebob memes.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Okay, I admit it. Ink resistance is crazy good. I'm sorry for doubting you thread.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oopsie rock posted:

cats > bread

dogs = rice > cats

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

While Japan's Splatfest is happening does that mean there will be no Japanese players for the next 24 hrs with the rest of us.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Jarogue posted:

While Japan's Splatfest is happening does that mean there will be no Japanese players for the next 24 hrs with the rest of us.

Yep.

Still laggy as ever though.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kurtofan posted:

Rock > cats

Here's how you play the game. On the count of three we both throw out our hands in the shape of a symbol "cat" is represented by two cat ears, "bread" is represented by a flat slice of bread, and "rock" is represented by a fist which you would pump in the air if you were excited because of listening to rock. Cat beats bread, Rock beats Cat, and Bread beats Rock.

I"m not sure what the rationale for that last one is though.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

DalaranJ posted:

Here's how you play the game. On the count of three we both throw out our hands in the shape of a symbol "cat" is represented by two cat ears, "bread" is represented by a flat slice of bread, and "rock" is represented by a fist which you would pump in the air if you were excited because of listening to rock. Cat beats bread, Rock beats Cat, and Bread beats Rock.

You can't make a sandwich out of rock.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

cat eats bread
cat pushes rock off table

cat rules all

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Disappointed that I couldn't find any Yakitate!!-themed posts in there. But Mr. Gon is a supporter of bread, so that's something.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Are we still posting our fresh squid threads?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Splatoon becomes a lot more enjoyable once you realize none of the gear abilities really do anything significant and you just wear whatever.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kaubocks posted:

Splatoon becomes a lot more enjoyable once you realize none of the gear abilities really do anything significant and you just wear whatever.

But then you realize some gear abilities are actually really significant while others are poo poo.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In the credits there's a doodle of the octoling and the inklings riding on the octarian shooting platform like bumper cars.

I hope that's a gamemode down the line.

A mode where it ignores the weapon you selected and just has four vehicles for each team might be cool. Or one where there's one big vehicle that both teams get to fight over, like one of those ink turrets from single player, or versions of the wide moving brushes or sprayer robots that you could turn your team's color.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

Are we still posting our fresh squid threads?

Always.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

When's NA splatfest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idXni2gNNec

Cats vs. Dogs:
6/20 -> 6/21
6am PT -> 6am PT

• Locked thread