Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Rand Brittain posted:

Echidna demanded that the Knight who assisted in breeding duties attend the meeting alongside the Space player.

I don't think we have a reason to believe the Knight always assists except that it's happened twice now.

Yeah, I honestly think it's just coincidence.

Karkat and Kanaya are fairly close friends (what with the Dolorossa acting as the Signless' mother), and Dave and Jade get along. I think with Dave and Jade it was likely more the "Time/Space" thing than anything. It just so happens that Karkat is a Knight, too.

We have no idea who helped Porrim (if anyone) on the Frog Breeding front. Aranea says "we never made much progress". We do get some insight that she seems friendlier with Damara, Kankri, and Latula. Latula she even tells to stop the "R4D G1RL" act, which MIGHT mean Porrim spent enough time breeding frogs to know it's a facade. Of course, it could also be a complete left field curveball and Horuss was the one to help. We have no idea.

Grapplejack posted:

Well, someone who is used death and doom as a weapon is pretty cool. I thought the idea of using that is the coolest class / aspect combo a normal player could get.
I mean, isn't the knight a person who lacks their aspect and learns to deal with that or am I remembering incorrectly ?

I think the verbatim canon explanation is "one who exploits aspect, or one who wields aspect as a weapon".
It's just a fan theory that a Session lacks the Knight class and has an abundance of the Prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Classtoise posted:

Yeah, I honestly think it's just coincidence.

Karkat and Kanaya are fairly close friends (what with the Dolorossa acting as the Signless' mother), and Dave and Jade get along. I think with Dave and Jade it was likely more the "Time/Space" thing than anything. It just so happens that Karkat is a Knight, too.

We have no idea who helped Porrim (if anyone) on the Frog Breeding front. Aranea says "we never made much progress". We do get some insight that she seems friendlier with Damara, Kankri, and Latula. Latula she even tells to stop the "R4D G1RL" act, which MIGHT mean Porrim spent enough time breeding frogs to know it's a facade. Of course, it could also be a complete left field curveball and Horuss was the one to help. We have no idea.

I think the verbatim canon explanation is "one who exploits aspect, or one who wields aspect as a weapon".
It's just a fan theory that a Session lacks the Knight class and has an abundance of the Prince.

Honestly we have more pointing towards the Knight helping the Space player than not. Otherwise it would make way more sense for Time and Space to always work together.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I just want to find out, straight from the strip's lips, what the heck Blood is.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

GlyphGryph posted:

And the fact that every session without a Knight has proved infertile.

The only session without a knight so far has been Caliborn's, and that one was more successful than any other. Well, there's the alpha kids', but that one was always meant to have some imported heroes.

Grapplejack posted:

Well, someone who is used death and doom as a weapon is pretty cool. I thought the idea of using that is the coolest class / aspect combo a normal player could get.
I mean, isn't the knight a person who lacks their aspect and learns to deal with that or am I remembering incorrectly ?

I think that's princes. Dirk is a super serious plan everything out guy who doesn't show his emotions, Eridan was a pessimistic bastard (and a hopeless romantic :P), and Kurloz was super chill all the time.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

No, the Prince's deal is that they destroy their aspect, or use their aspect to destroy. Kurloz destroys rage with his weird hypnosis thing, hindering the other A1 trolls' development and bending them to his will. Eridan destroys hope both in the form of his land's angels, and the matriorb (killing Feferi and attempting to sell the trolls out to Jack probably doesn't hurt, either).

Heart governs personality/emotion/soul, so Dirk's role as a Prince of Heart covers how he is emotionally ruinous to everyone around him and also splinters himself by creating a weird robot duplicate of his personality that he hates. Also, in a more prosaic sense, he can literally destroy souls.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
But more importantly, Calliope's kind of full of garbage and we shouldn't listen to what she says.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Basically Princes are messed up, and their issues usually are the big, blaring kind that are prone to hurting the people around them more than themselves. I'm pretty sure Calliope describes the Prince class as something like the Lord writ small, with the implication that most Princes are dangerously troubled and it's a bit of a feat for them to manage to be heroic.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Well, yeah. I knew all that. It just seems like Karkat has plenty of Blood (assuming that blood is, in fact, the aspect of bonds and friendship) and Dave knows his way around Time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
gently caress it, I'm re-reading Problem Sleuth and Homestuck.

...actually, I'm gonna start with And It Don't Stop.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I don't wanna re-read Homestuck until the thing finally wraps up in 2020.

I did finally get the last volume of Problem Sleuth from the Gigasale and reread the whole thing in book form. If you haven't read it, you really should. It perfectly ramps up the stakes, tension, and absurdity without diminishing either the humor or the drama.

It's better than Homestuck, is what I'm saying.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Remember when people used to complain that the DMK fight dragged on too long?

We were so naive

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Just came across this page again. I forgot that AR and the robo-bunny can communicate. Kind of makes things a little weird now.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MonsieurChoc posted:

gently caress it, I'm re-reading Problem Sleuth and Homestuck.

...actually, I'm gonna start with And It Don't Stop.

You should actually start with Neon Icecream Headache.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Just go Full Hussie and start with an Inappropriate Time for Ham.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Would And It Don't Stop be followed by Still It Doesn't Stop for the name conventions?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
More Reductions in Stopping Anticipated

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
It Might Stop At Some Indeterminate Point In Time But That Time Has Not Yet Arrived

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It Keeps Happening?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Stop it.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Akett posted:

Stop it.

But it don't!

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
I was reading those title with every word capitalized posts in Kanaya's voice. Or how my brain pictures it anyway.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

You guys don't get it. It doesn't work unless the title has an unfortunate acronym. Still It Doesn't Stop and More Reductions in Stopping Anticipated are acceptable names for that reason.

Other good names: Stops This Doesn't, Later Stoppage Discouraged, It Stops Itself Last

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 14, 2015

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

unfortunate acronym [...] Later Stoppage Discouraged

Nah. :lsd:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

TVs Ian posted:

I was reading those title with every word capitalized posts in Kanaya's voice. Or how my brain pictures it anyway.

I was the same.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

...It never occurred to me that And It Don't Stop had a meaningful title before now.
There is always something new to find in Hussie's works.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I guess you must not have been here for the thread's last rousing round of "everyone has/loves/needs AIDS"

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Waiiiiiiiit a second. Vriska's about to go fight Lord English, someone who enslaves women with majyks.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

I guess you must not have been here for the thread's last rousing round of "everyone has/loves/needs AIDS"

Someone needs to make a compilation of the choicest bits of this thread, because judging by the stories I hear it must have been a wild ride.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Basically Princes are messed up, and their issues usually are the big, blaring kind that are prone to hurting the people around them more than themselves. I'm pretty sure Calliope describes the Prince class as something like the Lord writ small, with the implication that most Princes are dangerously troubled and it's a bit of a feat for them to manage to be heroic.

Also, I don't think a Prince is necessarily destructive to their friends. There are things that are hosed up to be the destroyer of, like Hope and Heart. But I think a Prince of Doom might actually be the kind of player that ends up doing a lot of good. The talk about Prince being diet-Lord makes me wonder what an Heir is, too. After all, Heirs often inherit noble titles and crowns and such.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I like the interpretation of a Prince as a gardener, cutting certain parts of the session so it grows healthy. It's either that or he is the exterminator, getting rid of pests that would be harmful to the session as a whole.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 14, 2015

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

You know, looking at some of the braindead asks bladekindeyewear receives has made me develop some sympathy for him.

People are loving dumb huh.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

paradoxGentleman posted:

I like the interpretation of a Prince as a gardener, cutting certain parts of the session so it grows healthy. It's either that or he is the exterminator, getting rid of pests that be harmful to the session as a whole.

That makes certain roles less...horrible?

A Prince of Hope like Eridan isn't destined to loving ruin everything. But simply to more or less "trim" hope. Everyone in the Troll session was pretty much "guaranteeing" themselves they'd won, that this poo poo was easy, etc. So a Prince of Hope is there to balance things.

Of course, they gave that job to someone who decided his best bet was to go for the high score of genocide, but still.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You can have too much of anything; Princes serve to prevent that. Dirk, however, has been a bit overzealous in his role. His attempts at being a leader involved a lot of tamping down other people's feelings in favor of his own master plan, which made him quite unpopular. Luckily he has renounced all that and will most likely attempt to give a little more leeway to matters of the Heart in future.

All that said, I will be surprised if we don't get a scene of Dave getting emotional and trying to run off and do something stupid (like in game over) only to be stopped by Dirk.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Grapplejack posted:

Would And It Don't Stop be followed by Still It Doesn't Stop for the name conventions?

Hell, Even Reality Prevents Eventual Stoppage

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
So this song has been on my local alt-rock station for the past few weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbw1HzAWWQg

And all I can think of when I hear the refrain is:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006869

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/scraps/smuut16.gif

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ariong posted:

I will be surprised if we don't get

As such, we won't get it.

Hussie.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Hell, Even Reality Prevents Eventual Stoppage

Alas, Not Any Love For Imminent Stopping, Seemingly Unending Renewal Exists Steadily.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Prediction: Still No Strider Dialogue. Probably Jade wakes up?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Prediction: Still No Strider Dialogue. Probably Jade wakes up?
We've got to introduce Callie to John, Rose, etc. before Jade wakes, surely.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Actually, I don't want a Strider Dialoglog. I want a Strider Rap Battle.