Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Gianthogweed posted:

It'd be really weird if the show deviates so much from the books that in the books he's a wolf and in the show he's a zombie.

Hasn't Ghost only been in this series so far once? I've not watched any of the previous ones so I don't know how often he turns up but it feels like in the books they're talking about him all the time.
When he turned up my non-book reading housemates were pretty confused about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Taear posted:

Hasn't Ghost only been in this series so far once? I've not watched any of the previous ones so I don't know how often he turns up but it feels like in the books they're talking about him all the time.
When he turned up my non-book reading housemates were pretty confused about him.

He was in the show a lot in the early seasons. This season he appeared on screen for about 3 seconds during the Gilly rape scene. In the books he's really important. In the show ... not so much.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ague Proof posted:

Wouldn't work. Jon Snow nose nothing.

This attempt at a joke was so bad, that I laughed it up anyways... Kudo's I guess?

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Parks & Recreation did predict (jokingly) in 2017 that Dany would marry Jack Sparrow in a season finale. I don't think this is too far off from the truth.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Looks like the Kevan pic is fake.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Do you think Kevan and Pycelle might die early next season? Doesn't seem to be enough time and Kevan hasn't been fleshed out enough for it to matter.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

In It For The Tank posted:

lol that gif makes me laugh for some reason

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Ague Proof posted:

Do you think Kevan and Pycelle might die early next season? Doesn't seem to be enough time and Kevan hasn't been fleshed out enough for it to matter.

Scene before walk

Kevan: You're done. I am here to fix this country, you idiot.

Ending scene

Kevan: You shot me, you shot me right in the gut. Curse your sudden but inevitable return Varys!

Although I expect that Kevans death (and the maester P. diddy) will be less important what with Tommen biting it as well. One of those crazy incest babies is biting it this season and my money would be on Tommen.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Taear posted:

Are you using series in the American sense of "every single episode of the show" or the UK sense of "the current 10 episodes"?

Ghost was in Season 5 one time but has been in every other season (except 4?) at least once, I think. He may have been involved in the raid on Craster's Keep in season 4, now that I think about it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

S05E08
Tyrion (to Dany): Stannis Baratheon will never back you. His entire claim to the throne rests on the illegitimacy of yours"

Umm....no it doesn't. The Targs have nothing to do with Stannis' claim. Did the writers get their blondes confused?

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chadzok posted:

reposting because you have to be totally blind if you can't see the horrible photoshop

i told you fags it was fake but nobody believes raspy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Strom Cuzewon posted:

S05E08
Tyrion (to Dany): Stannis Baratheon will never back you. His entire claim to the throne rests on the illegitimacy of yours"

Umm....no it doesn't. The Targs have nothing to do with Stannis' claim. Did the writers get their blondes confused?

illegitimacy on the grounds of they were ousted from the throne, not that Dany is an incestuous bastard.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, you beat me, but Stannis doesn't care about Targs because Baratheons kicked them out. Dany needs people that would rally around her being a Targ to oust the existing Baratheons.

A Major Fucker
Mar 10, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strom Cuzewon posted:

S05E08

dany comes way before stannis with the iron thrones' male-preference primogeniture. more practically, they can't both be king so obviously their claims conflict and stannis needs dany's to be illegitimate and vice versa. unless they targaryen marry each other

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

A Major Fucker posted:

dany comes way before stannis with the iron thrones' male-preference primogeniture. more practically, they can't both be king so obviously their claims conflict and stannis needs dany's to be illegitimate and vice versa. unless they targaryen marry each other

Well if the spoiler pics are to be trusted he's going to be in the market for a new wife anyways

And possibly new skin too but we'll see

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

Good catch. I was looking for a scene like that, but the pillar/chair fooled me.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Slightly Toasted posted:

And possibly new skin too but we'll see

I don't think Brienne's going to flay him, nor are the Boltons since Roose is gonna die and Ramsay's going to be out in the wild. Gives Sansa her Stoneheart style hunt killing Boltons next season with Brienne.

e- I'm trying to figure out a way for Davos to meet up with Sansa to find out about the boys and go search for Rickon but I'm no Dave Hill so it's unclear to me

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 13, 2015

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

A Major Fucker posted:

i told you fags it was fake but nobody believes raspy

I believe you.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Did Dany keep the reciept for her Unsullied? I think they're defective.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Brony Hunter posted:

I don't know why HBO has made them look so incompetent, another stupid change.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Brony Hunter posted:

There can't be many left at this point, anyhow. Also she left the few that are left.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Nail Rat posted:

There can't be many left at this point, anyhow. Also she left the few that are left.

Didn't she buy like 8 000 of them or something along those lines? I'm pretty sure most of them are still alive since none of them really saw any battle so far.

Unsullied reminds me of the Roman legionaires in a way. Fearsome as a group, but not that impressive as solo fighters. I think its why they look so pathetic so far. They are depicted very badly in the show. Its almost sad.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Dalael posted:

Didn't she buy like 8 000 of them or something along those lines? I'm pretty sure most of them are still alive since none of them really saw any battle so far.

Unsullied reminds me of the Roman legionaires in a way. Fearsome as a group, but not that impressive as solo fighters. I think its why they look so pathetic so far. They are depicted very badly in the show. Its almost sad.

its the same reason Tyrion managed to kill a few harpies and survived while one of the best fighters in the world like Barristan was killed like a bitch

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
There's no dramatic tension at all with the harpies if the Unsullied can just wipe the floor with them. What do you guys expect the show to do?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

El Hefe posted:

its the same reason Tyrion managed to kill a few harpies and survived while one of the best fighters in the world like Barristan was killed like a bitch

To be fair, he killed something like 5 Harpies by himself, didn't he? That is amazing. I know this because I use to play swordfight when I was like 8 and I didn't manage to kill anyone.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
She actually bought more than 8,000 as she bought the entire 'stock' in Astapur including the boys still in training, which given the size of the stock and the amount the die in training etc should I'd assume be at least several more thousands, clearly many of those are not grown men capable of fighting and even those that are of a fighting age are not 'true unsullied'.

Perhaps Dany just sends all the kid to die facing the harpies?

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

El Hefe posted:

didn't Tyrion only kill one by stabbing him from behind? Barristan killed like 10 people before dying

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

the intro to the finale leaked

it shows:

quote:

-Doran sending Myrcella and Trystane back and making Ellaria swear allegiance.
-Qyburn and the Mountain.
-Cersei being arrested and told to confess.
-Meryn killing Syrio, and then Arya seeing Trant in Braavos.
-The disappearance of Uncle Benjen.
-Dany flying off on Drogon.
-Sansa being told about the candle and grabbing the corkscrew.
-Stannis burning Shireen.

Benjen :getin:

big business man fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 13, 2015

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Ginette Reno posted:

There's no dramatic tension at all with the harpies if the Unsullied can just wipe the floor with them. What do you guys expect the show to do?

Not have the numbers-heavy guys just faff around and go in one and two at a time? Maybe like I don't know, dogpile the Unsullied because they have 10 to every 1? They lose a few Harpies due to the Unsullied NOT being chumps AND it doesn't look stupid.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

They should have had their street ambushes not be inspired by West Side Story.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think they should have kept the Harpies as a clandestine threat that existed merely as a bunch of goons killing off lone unsullied, where Dany's challenges are far more political than material. The book scene was great because Drogon just kinda shows up in the middle of the violence and HIzdahr-Dragon-Hater orders the guards to kill him and then Dany jumps down and flies off. The whole assassination plot was kinda dumb and the whole fight scene was bad.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Holy gently caress we're actually gonna find out what happened to Benjen?

All is forgiven D&D, you just wanted book spoilers like the rest of us and found the only way to wrest the info out of Lord-To-Lazy-To-Write-A-Book, well done.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh lol.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Holy gently caress we're actually gonna find out what happened to Benjen?

All is forgiven D&D, you just wanted book spoilers like the rest of us and found the only way to wrest the info out of Lord-To-Lazy-To-Write-A-Book, well done.

Dude... He has a nice pace for books. Authors who hurry up to make books end up creating poo poo like Harry potter. Let him go at his own pace.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Wouldn't a 'Previously on' be really easy to fake? If I had a week to do it, I could easily put one together in Movie Maker. All of the elements are there, it would just be case of putting them together in a convincing way.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Jon says "Uncle Benjen" twice and "uncle" once. Do these reminders usually last for 2 full minutes?

This year, Dave Hill is a writer for 'previously on Game of Thrones...'

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeeeeahhh it is pretty convincing except the part with Syrio seems kinda janky. They've avoided showing how much the child actors have aged in the "Previously On's" and having Syrio deliver his goofy line was very off tempo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeeeeahhh it is pretty convincing except the part with Syrio seems kinda janky. They've avoided showing how much the child actors have aged in the "Previously On's" and having Syrio deliver his goofy line was very off tempo.

Makes perfect sense if Trant is dying and Arya tells him why. Name dropping Syrio in the ep without having a relevent previously on just isn't Game of Thrones' way of doing things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Wouldn't a 'Previously on' be really easy to fake? If I had a week to do it, I could easily put one together in Movie Maker. All of the elements are there, it would just be case of putting them together in a convincing way.

That was almost two minutes long, are the previously usually that long?

If that was indeed real, they look to be covering a lot of ground in the finale.

• Locked thread