Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
GoD was cool but lore-wise EQ kinda ended after OoW for me, since that was sort of an extension of GoD lore. PoP was also really cool from a lore perspective.

. My problem with GoD is how all the zones have names that were impossible to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

suuma posted:

My problem with GoD is how all the zones have names that were impossible to remember.

This was the killer for me.

I follow this thread more out of nostalgia now and I love that everyone is still talking about Guk camps.

Edit: Good god, I just made a character on the new progression server. In as Cithen.

Cithen fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 12, 2015

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

suuma posted:

My problem with GoD is how all the zones have names that were impossible to remember.

Maybe that's why I liked it, cause I like keeping track of that stuff.

I read somewhere that the names of stuff in GoD were attempts to use what remains of Sumerian to come up with names, which is kinda neat. Unfortunately, while I can almost consistently spell the names (Inktu'ta I sometimes screw up), I sure as poo poo can't figure out how to say some of them (ex: yxxta).

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
"Yix-ta", easy.

Seriously though, EQ is full of names with multiple pronunciations, which is kinda the charm. Everyone's experience of the world is partially dependent on the language and how they pronounce things in their head, which wasn't ruined by standardization through Mumble or YouTube.

Tunare = Tune-ar or Too-nar-a
Qeynos = Kay-nos or Kwayn-os

I think GoD was the breaking point for me because I couldn't even remember how to spell the zones or associate which was which.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Cithen posted:

"Yix-ta", easy.

Seriously though, EQ is full of names with multiple pronunciations, which is kinda the charm. Everyone's experience of the world is partially dependent on the language and how they pronounce things in their head, which wasn't ruined by standardization through Mumble or YouTube.

Tunare = Tune-ar or Too-nar-a
Qeynos = Kay-nos or Kwayn-os

I think GoD was the breaking point for me because I couldn't even remember how to spell the zones or associate which was which.

I played on Toon-air.

Dompy Bear
Sep 9, 2004
Have you had your gin today?

Andy Dufresne posted:

I played on Toon-air.

And Key-Noseh

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Verant back in the day said the name was officially pronounced "KEY-nose," not that it mattered to anyone. I always secretly judged people based on the way they pronounced "SoW."

(also Velious and Luclin lore is the best EQ lore, PoP is still great, everything beyond that is horrible)

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 12, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Toon, char, dude, guy are also great ways to judge people.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

My char was on kwey-nos and he could cast sew.

I secretly hated anyone that said "toon"

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
I hate people that use hun, wife agro/faction, or constantly say afk to take care of their kids to the point you probably should be taking care of that instead of a playing a game.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I used to say wife aggro instead of "I have to now smoke a lot of weed to tolerate this poo poo", but I was a necro and would try to make sure I had at least tossed a few dots and pet onto the mob first.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Was it a chat bug or did people always just type ")))))" instead of ":)"? I feel like the EQ chat would kick the colons off so people just started emphasizing the one parentheses.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
No, for some reason players stopped typing the colon and just ended sentences like this )

I want to say it was because starting a line with : was the same as /em, so if you typed nothing but ":)" into the text you'd get "PlayerName )" The repeated ones are just how annoying people have always typed.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

wheres the exp darkhand

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What is it about EQ that brings out the crazies? I swear I've personally diagnosed more mental disorders than I can count in this game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

RCarr posted:

What is it about EQ that brings out the crazies? I swear I've personally diagnosed more mental disorders than I can count in this game.

It may start with continuing to play a 20 year old game. ;)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I just assumed anyone still playing EQ after this long is either a well functioning adult or has the sadbrains, hasn't really failed me yet.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Spoke briefly to another goon in-game, but as I'm inching toward 46ish on Ragefire I'm gonna need a high-end guild to get into. Any insight? I'm down for regular raiding, just not every day and not no raiding at all. Is it even bother trying to get into something with poo poo as locked down as it is?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Rosengard has killed inny. False Prophecy does some higher end stuff like fear. RoI has killed phinny i think. poo poo has just started to be legit contested yesterday with inny and vox so it's going to be up in the air.

I would look for people doing sky, hate and fear because those are where you can get some drops with the least amount of poopsocking I think.

Honestly in a month when people figure out poopsocking classic for 6months sucks, there will be more room to figure out who to raid with.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Hopefully Kunark can go live soon and then the top will be occupied with other things and the rest will be able to at least get some targets. I don't like classic and definitely didn't vote for it, but gotta do what yah gotta do.

In Darallan on Ragefire if that didn't get mentioned at some point prior.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
On the one hand, the "fixes" to raid boss zones are hilariously wrong-headed and backwards but on the other nerfing pet classes, SKs, and monks on raid bosses is pretty funny.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/raid-changes-coming-in-july.223880/

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Itzena posted:

On the one hand, the "fixes" to raid boss zones are hilariously wrong-headed and backwards but on the other nerfing pet classes, SKs, and monks on raid bosses is pretty funny.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/raid-changes-coming-in-july.223880/

It doesn't sound like they're being nerfed at all. You just need to bring more healers along with yet more pet classes/SKs/monks.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Rumors going around that its going HT/Memblur immune and AoE's go through walls and possibly do extra damage to pets. Should be fun.

Honestly just rooting them would solve a huge number of problems.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Hey guys I've got some SoE $15 cards that give you like 2000 soe/daybreak points or a subscription + 500 points.

IDK if any of you are interested in these or not, but I don't really play sony games anymore so I'd be willing to part with em through SA mart at like 10 bucks each via paypal or steam bucks. w/e works. If any of you are interested feel free to PM me and I'll try to start up an official SA mart thread for the exchange.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I might be, I'll pm you.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

My ragefire necro is pretty much done with stuff outside of raids. Hopefully I can get in some more fear clears. Also hoping some main necros quit otherwise I'm in TL alt/app limbo, but it's whatever cuz I'm patient and I know most tlp players aren't.

In a couple months we are gonna see a huge dip in server population. There's no reason to really play after you have like the 4 BiS stuff.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 22, 2015

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
I am also interested in those SOE cards. I don't have PM, post your Steam?

Having a great time on Ragefire. I just hit 31 last night. Now I get to start gathering all the pieces I need for my Darkforge set.

SK seems a little too stronk, I can easily solo whites between BABS/procs/105hp lifetap. I feel like the lifetap is out of era. I went from a 12 hp tap at level 15 to a 105 hp tap at 29. In groups I seem to be close to Rogue DPS.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Pure melees are just bad. Monks are like barely above mage pet, rogues are even worse than that. I think SKs were always able to solo, albeit slowly in the beginning, then they can't, then they can again.

Gimme a holla on Ragefire.Ouija if you ever need some help

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Every pure melee get his day in the sun at different expansions. Rogues were great melee DPS in classic compared to the others, but with Live fist damage on monks they're a joke. Monks got great in Kunark, but they're already there on TLP. Rangers then blew way past everyone when PoP came out.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dracneir posted:

I am also interested in those SOE cards. I don't have PM, post your Steam?

Having a great time on Ragefire. I just hit 31 last night. Now I get to start gathering all the pieces I need for my Darkforge set.

SK seems a little too stronk, I can easily solo whites between BABS/procs/105hp lifetap. I feel like the lifetap is out of era. I went from a 12 hp tap at level 15 to a 105 hp tap at 29. In groups I seem to be close to Rogue DPS.

steam is:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/FGC_Sadist/

But yes any transactions we'll do I'll do in an SA mart so both of us feel a little more secure about it. I have 3 cards total. I had 4 but tested one to make sure cause they still say SoE on them.

Slim pmed me about it a bit ago so in about 15 mins when I get home I'll try and take care of getting some pics of the cards up or somethin for you guys.

E:

THat all said does LDON still get played at all?

Lost dungeons was one of my favorites as a kid.

E2: I'm home and heres a link to the cards

You can't see the front on the other but it says 500 bonus on the right side.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 23, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

LDoNs have some crazy tribute items in them I think and some are used in epic 2.0s for some classes, Rogue for sure.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 23, 2015

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

darkhand posted:

LDoNs have some crazy tribute items in them I think and some are used in epic 2.0s for some classes, Rogue for sure.

The paladin 2.0 requires you to do an LDoN 12-man minimum raid, which is the main reason I never did it. Entirely possible that a modern 100/105 could solo it, but trying to get 12 people to even do something as simple as join a raid on Test these days is like trying to herd 2,000 cats on the side of a steep, iced-over incline covered with ball bearings.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

darkhand posted:

thats pretty crazy. I loved doing the mistmoore runs back in the day. The nicest thing about LDON was that you didn't have to compete with others for spots and you didn't have to stay still and camp an area it was always just moving forward.

WetSpink
Jun 13, 2010
Is there any good way to contact support now? Had a friend of a friend who was gonna give us some krono to play progression, but he got a 2 day suspension for language on tuesday last week and it still isn't lifted.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
How are people getting suspended? They have like no GMs.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kazak_Hstan posted:

How are people getting suspended? They have like no GMs.

I'm surprised they suspended people at all for bad language. I know back in the 99s people would do all kinds of nasty poo poo in public chat and nothing ever happened.

E:

ALso my 3 SoE cards are sold thanks to Slim for buying!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Al Borland posted:

I'm surprised they suspended people at all for bad language. I know back in the 99s people would do all kinds of nasty poo poo in public chat and nothing ever happened.

Language is one of the few things that could always get you suspended. The report with the log and petition are relevant no matter how much later they actually get around to reading it.

Never say anything even remotely bad in open channels. Especially in contentious environments where lots of people will report you.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

jetz0r posted:

Language is one of the few things that could always get you suspended. The report with the log and petition are relevant no matter how much later they actually get around to reading it.

Never say anything even remotely bad in open channels. Especially in contentious environments where lots of people will report you.

Guess I got lucky cause I was a swear machine as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Al Borland posted:

Guess I got lucky cause I was a swear machine as a kid.

Any time we were contesting a target against another guild, a few people would be busy reporting any names in that guild that MIGHT violate the naming policy. And if anyone said "poo poo" in /say, you better believe there would be 5 reports on that within 2 minutes.

It also jammed up the petition queue to slow down any response to actually issues that might come up.