Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Does this guy know the voting is open until October and Ryu wasn't even influenced by it?

The answer lies in the heart of battle.

Nobody voted for Wii Fit Trainer either.

And looking at a the results on Smash Boards barely anybody voted for Knuckles in PM either. Liquid Snake got more support than the Echidna did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
I think I found Ryu's trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_NpSY1eUmU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Manoueverable posted:

Dammit I knew this was coming but I'm still really salty about Roy. Who thought it was a good idea to make two Marth clones :mad:
I think Roy's going to be Luigified some, but I still don't like his inclusion because he isn't very significant as far as Fire Emblem goes. I think he's in this weird Jigglypuff situation where he got in because of his connection with the Smash Bros series rather than his connection with his home series.

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
As a longtime Street Fighter fan, it makes me happy to see Ryu representing the franchise. I hope he's at least a strong character. I don't want him to be "Charizard" bad.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Supersonic Shine posted:

I think Roy's going to be Luigified some, but I still don't like his inclusion because he isn't very significant as far as Fire Emblem goes. I think he's in this weird Jigglypuff situation where he got in because of his connection with the Smash Bros series rather than his connection with his home series.

It's obviously promotion for SMT X FE and the new Fire Emblem. Roy will probably be in both.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

uhhhh ice climbers please??

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dehry posted:

It's obviously promotion for SMT X FE and the new Fire Emblem. Roy will probably be in both.

You know who else could have represented SMT X FE?

No one, because FE:if should have a rep instead.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

NoMoneyDown posted:

As a longtime Street Fighter fan, it makes me happy to see Ryu representing the franchise. I hope he's at least a strong character. I don't want him to be "Charizard" bad.

Uhhhh Charizard is great and fun??

Scholtz posted:

Yeah loving really, get on that poo poo Namcurai

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious Cook posted:

I agree

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Suspicious Cook posted:

Flynn?

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.

Cabbagepots posted:

I'm pretty sure Ryu is going to have a super meter.

According to voice clips and other data mined from the game:

-His Final Smash trophy depicts him doing a Shin Shoryuken.
-In addition to that, he has voice clips for Shakunetsu Hadouken (EX Fireball), Shinkuu Tatsumaki (EX spinning kick) and Shinkuu Hadouken (super fireball).

So it either means he has two Final Smashes, or he has a meter which he is able to spend on EX moves and even a super.

I'm inclined to believe the latter.

It seems more likely to me that Ex Fireball and Ex spin kick are the smash/tilt variants on his down/side b, in the same way Samus can choose between smash missile and tilt missile. Then his gimmick becomes that he has two finals, which is still in line with his roots (most if not all characters in SF games have at least 2 supers) and they don't give him meter (which is Macs gimmick already).

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Roy probably got in largely because clones are super quick and easy to implement. You already have all the animation and move-set programming done, and you even have a really solid head start on the character model. It's got to be a fraction of the time to make a clone than a full new character. It's not like we would've gotten Ryu and another FE rep or new character if we didn't get Roy, we would have likely gotten Ryu and nobody.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Who's ready for the most adorable Hadokens?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Dehry posted:

I think I'd like Roy a lot more if he was redesigned as an SMT demon, like Gangrel here:

However, it's more likely Roy would look like this guy, who might be a demonic Chrom:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Ice Climbers are not coming back becaude they will never work on the 3DS version. Sakurai will not move on the idea of having the same characters in both versions so it is never happening.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
What if they just announced a single Ice Climber?

Popo or Nana, or both, as alternate costumes with different voices.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I would accept an Ice Climber as just Popo/Nana with an adjusted moveset. The question is, would the world accept them?

Also, Bubbles for Smash.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Supersonic Shine posted:

I think I'd like Roy a lot more if he was redesigned as an SMT demon, like Gangrel here:

However, it's more likely Roy would look like this guy, who might be a demonic Chrom:

I hope Roy finds out his ancestor Roland in our world fought dragons and poo poo and was related to the actual Charlemagne. We'll get to find out who killed Charlemagne in real life.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol focus attack, but cool

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I think Ike and Ryu are going to be great friends

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Re; Ryu hat. Hammer, meet nail.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Requesting fanart of Ike and Ryu pumping iron together

just wanna see some bros throwin some weights around

buff bros yknow, gettin some nice vascularity goin

maybe a little jo session afterwards

* do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the answer lies

in the power of crystals

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Ryu's alts should have been Ken/Akuma/Dan. I'm sure a bunch of people are happy about Roy but I wish the slot had been used on a different character.

I voted for Ryu.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 13, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

the answer lies

in the power of crystals

nobody knows it's a j.o.doken

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

What is this stage

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

#angry matt

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I voted for Ryu.
I thought Ryu was one of those really awesome options that seemed unlikely, but looking back, there was nothing stopping Capcom from getting two characters.

Too bad there's a lot more factors keeping Mortal Kombat characters from getting in. Could you imagine Scorpion and Ryu in the same game together?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

sharrrk posted:

What is this stage

I think it is the Mario Kart 8 stage.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lucinice posted:

I voted for him :(

missedopportunities.png

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Heihachi from Tekken, Akira & Jacky from Virtua Fighter are in.

This is the closest we're ever getting to VF6.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think it is the Mario Kart 8 stage.

OH i see it now. thanks

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
FOUNTAIN OF DREAMS THEME IS BACK

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Why can't the megaman.exe costume just be for mega man

Why can I not actually play as proto man or zero

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I voted for Ryu.

Wasted vote.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

F. Lobot posted:

I'll never forget that Namco corporate thought they were just automatically putting Heihachi into Smash For and the thought of Pac-Man being their guest fighter didn't cross their mind at all.

Like they just assumed Heihachi was their go-to company mascot for crossovers and...yeah he does represent one of their biggest IPs but putting him in before loving Pac-Man? You own THE Pac-Man and he wasn't your first choice?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Sire Oblivion posted:

missedopportunities.png

Those have all been Ryu's alt costumes since I think Super Turbo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'll allow people who voted for characters that make it in before the ballot ends to vote again, as long as they mention their first vote in their reason for wanting them in

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

F. Lobot posted:

Can anyone make an Akira Mii face that looks blocky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'm still holding out for an undisclosed longshot character, but Ryu getting in makes it feel just a tiny bit more possible.

It's good to hope.

• Locked thread