Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
it's actually only next week if you're team dog. team cat is never because y'all some asses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I can't decide what the coolest moment in this game is; you and a teammate turning into Krakens at the same time and hunting some poor sucker down, or swimming frantically out of the way of an Inkstrike area with the tornado right on your heels.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Bown posted:

I can't decide what the coolest moment in this game is; you and a teammate turning into Krakens at the same time and hunting some poor sucker down, or swimming frantically out of the way of an Inkstrike area with the tornado right on your heels.

Both are pretty awesome, my favorite though is taking out two people with the blaster.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
what happens when two krakens hit each other does the game crash???

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
Looks like the splatfest booth is out in NA. You get the shirt for signing up, so you can spend the week grinding it up I guess.

E: Team Cat.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
callie is team cat

marie is the correct team, dog

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Finally got to B+! And off a match where we were outnumbered 3 to 2 as well :clint:

The Jet Squelcher really destroys at the moment thanks to nearly everyone rolling SSJ, Aerospray or Splat-o-matic. So many easy kills, either from range or from nobody expecting a Squelcher to have a kraken up their sleeve :allears:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 13, 2015

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Paint brush still the best because I am a ninja like Raiden

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

noirstronaut posted:

callie is team cat

marie is the correct team, dog

Team Dog will never win close maches though. You're forgetting who the judge is.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Keiya posted:

Team Dog will never win close maches though. You're forgetting who the judge is.

judd is team dog

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you think Judd would hold on to 10,000 year old prejudices then you are truly a fool.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

noirstronaut posted:

judd is team dog

Callie literally referred to team cat as team judd in the announcement.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't remember the scrolls very well but I thought Judd was the last cat on the planet or something

Dogs are probably dead

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't remember the scrolls very well but I thought Judd was the last cat on the planet or something

Dogs are probably dead

Exactly. Judd has no room for grudges as he is the last of his kind.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Caerulius posted:

Callie literally referred to team cat as team judd in the announcement.

judd is a cat who is team dog

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Its longer range, and a narrower line of fire

They have the same range, I actually tested that out. All of the "short range, high-rate of fire" weapons have nearly identical ranges.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Am joining the correct team, which is Team Judd, which is also Team Callie, which also happens to be Team Cat. :colbert: Only a savage octopus would choose anything else.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

SpaceDrake posted:

Am joining the correct team, which is Team Judd, which is also Team Callie, which also happens to be Team Cat. :colbert: Only a savage octopus would choose anything else.

can team cat ever stop lying to the American public

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I'm conflicted because I love dogs more in general but I happen to own a cat who I love and loves me very much.

What do I do

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Poultron posted:

I'm conflicted because I love dogs more in general but I happen to own a cat who I love and loves me very much.

What do I do

get rid of your cat

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Poultron posted:

What do I do

Sorry to break it to you, but your cat doesn't reciprocate your love.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
yeah cats are assholes

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

yeah cats are assholes

Yeah they own a lot

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
The one thing you have to know about Team Cat is that cats will do anything to win. Anything.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Yeah they own a lot

own a lot of dicks because they're assholes

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Here's my fresh squid lady for Splatfest:

Also, #teamcat

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What about Europe?? Where's our splatfest.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

GeneX posted:

Sorry to break it to you, but your cat doesn't reciprocate your love.

Are you saying she only sits on my lap because I feed her??????

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

You know who else owned a lot of dicks? Washington. Twelve stories high, made of radiation.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Kurtofan posted:

What about Europe?? Where's our splatfest.

We get to all join Team Rock, unless you missclick and accidentally join Team Pop.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Team Cat: "Yeah dogs are okay too"

Team Dog: "Every cat is literally satan and also hates you"

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Owning a lot of dicks would rule

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Silentman0 posted:

They have the same range, I actually tested that out. All of the "short range, high-rate of fire" weapons have nearly identical ranges.

Here's a comparison between the Aerospray, N-ZAP '85 and Splat-o-Matic, using the Splattershot Jr. as the baseline:

Aerospray: Equal Range, greater Rate of Fire, less damage (5-6 shots to Splat as opposed to the Splattershot Jr's 4-5), wider spread
N-ZAP '85: Greater Range, equal Rate of Fire, equal damage, much tighter spread
Splat-o-Matic: Equal Range, equal Rate of Fire, slightly less damage (still 4-5 like the Splattershot Jr, but more affected by Defense Ups), tighter spread

Therefore, each weapon here does have distinct differences even though they all fit into the "medium to short range, high rate of fire" style. My conclusions from testing are the N-ZAP '85 is the best for splatting players, the Aerospray is the best for mindless W+M1 turf coverage, and both the Splat-o-Matic and Splattershot Jr. fall between the two with the Splat-o-Matic leaning towards the N-ZAP side and the Splattershot Jr. leaning towards the Aerospray side.

Of course that doesn't take any sub weapons or specials into account, all of which have their own distinct advantages and disadvantages.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I feel like the more I play this game, the worse the lag gets. I just had multiple matches where I launched inkstrikes on bitches that camp that big central pillar, and they just waltz right out of the eye of the storm like it ain't no thing.

gnome7 posted:

Team Cat: "Yeah dogs are okay too"

Team Dog: "Every cat is literally satan and also hates you"

You'd think cats were Jesus the way you're putting yourself up on the cross.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

gnome7 posted:

Team Cat: "Yeah dogs are okay too, I guess, whatever."

Team Dog: "EVERYTHING IS AMAZING I LOVE WALKS"

Fixed for you

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Maxed out my splatfest level, I am the eternal rice (squid) boy!

Overall it was okay. There were three maps on rotation ( Walleye Warehouse, Urchin Underpass, and Kelp Dome), and only those three. Also the squid girl song (whatever it's called) played non-stop, which got a bit annoying. Getting into games was a pain, as said earlier, because while getting into my team was quick, getting the whole other team connected to us failed about half the time. Usually I would have to bail after a completed game, because almost every time I tried to continue with the current team I had, we would never find opponents.

But when it did work, it worked well. The night levels looked really cool. Also the teams felt more balanced. There were no three-four roller teams, like how there tends to be in turf war. That may be because of the reduced player counts though, since it was only Japanese players playing :shrug:. But poo poo, when I was the only roller in the whole map, it was amazing. Also while getting a game started was a pain, there were zero disconnects during play, on any team. Only once did I get a hickup in connection with disappearing ink, but that was it. Again, that may be because all of the players (except for me :japan:) were located near each other, so connections were more stable.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 13, 2015

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Dogs will always love you, even if you don't rep Team Dog.

That is why dogs will always be the best, and Team Dog is the only acceptable choice.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

noirstronaut posted:

can team cat ever stop lying to the American public

Team Cat only ever speaks the truth that people must know. :colbert:

Thanks for the write-up. I'm still looking forward to the NA splatfest if only because the neon night ink looks amazing. And I also love the Squid Sisters song, so :v:

I do kind of hope they add some more songs to their repretoire in future updates, though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What game mode is splatfest? turf wars?

Also team cat/dog is basically Garfield/Odie, and who the gently caress even likes Odie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Dizz posted:

What game mode is splatfest? turf wars?

Also team cat/dog is basically Garfield/Odie, and who the gently caress even likes Odie?

yes, team cat are fat, antisocial, and gluttonous while team dog are enthusiastic, loyal, and trusting

and yeah, turf war.

• Locked thread