Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponsonby Britt
Mar 13, 2006
I think you mean, why is there silverware in the pancake drawer? Wassup?

Rah! posted:

They're outposts, and will be turned eventually.

Ave, Caesar!

e: Map for new page. It's politically loaded, because the officially canonized "good" ending of Fallout:New Vegas is that Vegas becomes part of California. But as anyone who lives here will tell you, Californians are exactly as bad as fascist slavers!

Ponsonby Britt fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Despot posted:

edit: hide some large files behind links

And now all your map links are dead. Is it that hard to just use Imgur?

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

There have been at least one White Castle in both counties of Long Island for decades so that map is more than just out of date.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Ave, Caesar!

e: Map for new page. It's politically loaded, because the officially canonized "good" ending of Fallout:New Vegas is that Vegas becomes part of California. But as anyone who lives here will tell you, Californians are exactly as bad as fascist slavers!

I'm kind of sad the cannon ending isn't the "gently caress you I'm the one with the robot army, I don't need your lovely state I'll make my own state with black jack and hookers" Independent ending. That was by far the most interesting out of the four.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I kind of think that's why American teenagers can be so buggy, you're locked in little suburban plots for 16 years, so as soon you get a drivers license and some independence you go crazy with it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

MrChips posted:

Imgur isn't good for very large maps since it has size limits and downgrades image quality of large images within its limits.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Vorpal Cat posted:

I'm kind of sad the cannon ending isn't the "gently caress you I'm the one with the robot army, I don't need your lovely state I'll make my own state with black jack and hookers" Independent ending. That was by far the most interesting out of the four.

It was pretty interesting, but after a few playthroughs I wound up going with the NCR every time, because that was the ending with the most Good End potential--especially in Freeside.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

In my mind the blow up everything ending results in me leaving the King in charge.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Poor Gecko.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Let's at least hope its detonation irradiated Vault City's water source.

Despot
Sep 9, 2014

Whoops

MrChips posted:

There's no way I could've known that the website would shut down permanently the next day, sorry that they're dead. I'm not the biggest fan of Imgur for reasons Pakled brought up, and pomf let me throw large files up very quickly without registration.

I did, however, upload some of my oldest maps and infographics to an Imgur album if anybody would like to check it out.

a very nice paella
Oct 12, 2012

Kapitalism

Max

Frasses

McDonald's

Kurvi Tasch
Oct 13, 2012

Thats von Derp for you!
Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/47567164.cms

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Found this on a box at work.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Was that drawn during the last ice age?

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Freudian posted:

Was that drawn during the last ice age?

Maybe he works with reptillian overlords, that remember time from many milion years ago, where contintents haven't drifted so far apart.. Also Koreans want to sink Japan.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I really want to know what the unlabeled dot was supposed to be.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A geographic representation of your mom's rear end, drawn to scale.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Grand Fromage posted:

They hired a Brit and an Argentinian to label the dots and they're still arguing about that one.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

They hired a Brit and an Argentinian to label the dots and they're still arguing about that one.

Don't be ridiculous. A Brit would never forget to draw the English channel!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Grand Fromage posted:

Atlantis. Duh.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Kassad posted:

Atlantis. Duh.

Too far from Bolivia. It's Aurora Islands..
e: link to the map

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Grand Fromage posted:

Found this on a box at work.

Florida looks like a nose instead of a dong now.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Florida looks like a nose instead of a dong now.
It's half-hard now.

I love Japan-under-the-sea.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Grand Fromage posted:

Antarctica, obviously.

And yeah, Japan being in the ocean is the best part for sure.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

ecureuilmatrix posted:

<politically-loaded map>

Orange=AKP (Erdoganism-islamism), red=CHP (center-leftist moderated ataturkism), blue=MHP (Turk nationalism), purple=HDP (Kurdish minority+social-democracy leftism)
</politically-loaded map>

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

HookShot posted:

Antarctica, obviously.

And yeah, Japan being in the ocean is the best part for sure.

That's where it is in real life too.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Scripting's more fun than map-making so it kind of sucks but here, I have created A Thing!

Current full-time minimum-wage income as percentage of Cost-of-Living by county. Made using Python, an SVG file and MSPaint.

The steps are [Insufficiency-side: >= 1, beige; >0.875; >0.75; >0.625] and [Sufficiency-side: <1, beige; <1.125; <1.25; <1.365]. Range is from 50% in several counties of NE/E Virginia to 109% in Pend Orielle County, WA.

Presentation aside, I think the maps are interesting. I haven't seen this data presented like this before.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 13, 2015

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Great map! Looks like exactly the kind of thing you'd want to use a decent GIS for.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Is it seriously just inland Washington and one Oregon county that has a basic living wage for minimum wage workers? That top map is really depressing, especially with all the hopeful little dark green gradients that don't even get used.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Freudian posted:

Is it seriously just inland Washington and one Oregon county that has a basic living wage for minimum wage workers? That top map is really depressing, especially with all the hopeful little dark green gradients that don't even get used.

Basically, yes. I used current minimum wage figures as opposed to legislated, but it'll be another two to five years before the larger MWIs complete and I'm not sure how adequate they are even by current CoL figures.

Right now, in the excel sheet, 25 / 3,146 county entries* show sufficiency, with 24 / 25 in Washington. It'd be nice to crack 50 in the next few years. :smith:

* I think there's only supposed to be 3,143.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Freudian posted:

It's even more depressing when you know that those counties typically are heavily agriculture based so they probably don't even pay the minimum wage.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Why not combine the two maps? The sets of colored counties in each one are disjoint.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Why not combine the two maps? The sets of colored counties in each one are disjoint.

This is the politically-loaded maps thread not the politically-loaded map thread!

3peat
May 6, 2010

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I feel it's more impactful and quick to digest. Like instead of a single map labeled, "Temperature Gradient of House," I've got two labeled, "Parts Of House Not on Fire," and, "Parts of House On Fire," and it's incredibly lopsided.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

For comparison, here's a world map.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Samuel Clemens posted:

For comparison, here's a world map.

That map isn't right for the US, rates as of the end of 2013 is ~478 per 100k.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

The map is from 2009, so it's a bit outdated by this point. However, according to the International Centre for Prison Studies, the US incarceration rate was still 698 out of 100'000 in 2013. I don't know what causes the discrepancy between this number and yours. Maybe it depends on whether or not you count private prisons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe but I don't see why someone would differentiate based on that. If I had to guess I'd say it's prisons vs jails.