Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Three Olives posted:

Would someone please hit forward on that skipping CD?

Look what you did! Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pohl posted:

Chelsea married a complete dork.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Diane Feinstein is one of the stupider people in the senate FYI.

As a San Franciscan, I have always detested Feinstein. She was conservative as a supe and as mayor and blocked a lot of good poo poo and helped the 'centrists' and developers consolidate power.

I assume she votes for okay things as a Democrat but I'd always expect her to oppose anything truly progressive or cool until there's real mass support for it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Obdicut posted:

As a San Franciscan, I have always detested Feinstein. She was conservative as a supe and as mayor and blocked a lot of good poo poo and helped the 'centrists' and developers consolidate power.

I assume she votes for okay things as a Democrat but I'd always expect her to oppose anything truly progressive or cool until there's real mass support for it.

She was super pro-NSA until she found out they spied on her, then she dialed back the support just a tiny bit. :laugh:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Never change. :allears:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Joementum posted:

I'm seriously in tingles anticipating June 16th.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Joementum posted:

Donald Trump looks like he just sniffed Ted Cruz in his Twitter avatar.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gotta love the hedge fund attacks when her son-in-law runs one, the daughter worked at one, and the Super PAC is raking in cash from wall street.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I'm sorry, did I miss a history of failed foreign policy in the State Department during Clinton's helm? Does Perry know what the State Department does?

Benghazi is not foreign policy.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

fuckin gig line, jeezus christ

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Arkane posted:

Gotta love the hedge fund attacks when her son-in-law runs one, the daughter worked at one, and the Super PAC is raking in cash from wall street.

At least they didn't rape a child. Or adopt one and give it away to a child rapist, or whatever.
Hypocrisy has some give and take, you know?

Lost For Words posted:

fuckin gig line, jeezus christ

What does this mean?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Three Olives posted:

I'm sorry, did I miss a history of failed foreign policy in the State Department during Clinton's helm? Does Perry know what the State Department does?

I think she was big on intervening in Libya.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Three Olives posted:

I'm sorry, did I miss a history of failed foreign policy in the State Department during Clinton's helm?

Yes, I think you did

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Arkane posted:

Yes, I think you did

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Get butthurt.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Who's the Huntsman of your heart this time around Arkane?

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003

BristolSOF fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 16, 2015

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Pohl posted:

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Get butthurt.

Syria, Libya and rapprochement with Russia, successes all!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Where is the air for Republican's in that though? Ground War in Syria, Libya and Russia? Supporting Muammar Gaddafi?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Hey this poo poo is complicated, but we aren't at war. I know, war is a vague term that we never actually use when bombing people so we can establish our... blah blah blah.

She did good. The period she was in office could have been a hell of a lot worse than it was. The funny thing is, you and Arkane are coming from completely different sides so maybe the truth is in the loving middle.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Three Olives posted:

I haven't heard any candidates say Benghazi yet. Most lay the civil wars in Libya and Syria, the formation of ISIS, Egyptian relations souring, Israel relations souring, Iraq destablization, China expansion with those man made islands, and Russia invasion into Ukraine at Obama's and Hillary's feet as their failures in foreign policy. They say the stuff that happened after she left were the cause of her policies that are still in place in the State Department.

Three Olives posted:

Where is the air for Republican's in that though? Ground War in Syria, Libya and Russia? Supporting Muammar Gaddafi?

They seems to want increased arm trade or actual war in Syria or Libya and to send troops to Ukraine or at least the surrounding countries as support. So more escalation. Yes to the Muammar support too. This is hindsight they say and that he was evil, but at least an evil they could work with.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 13, 2015

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

The truth is Hillary was an okay Secretary of State but definitely not in a top five list.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rear end cobra posted:

Who's the Huntsman of your heart this time around Arkane?

I think Rubio is a heavy favorite to win the GOP nomination, and will probably be the next President. I'm not a fan of his foreign policy/NSA stances, though.

Rand Paul is probably my favorite candidate, but that is going nowhere in a hurry.

Pohl posted:

She did good. The period she was in office could have been a hell of a lot worse than it was.

You may want to reassess that first sentence after reading your second sentence

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

I think she was big on intervening in Libya.

Wasn't the entire Libya debacle spearheaded by the Europeans who got themselves knee deep and ran out of ammo?

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

I haven't heard any candidates say Benghazi yet. Most lay the civil wars in Libya and Syria, the formation of ISIS, Egyptian relations souring, Israel relations souring, Iraq destablization, China expansion with those man made islands, and Russia invasion into Ukraine at Obama's and Hillary's feet as their failures in foreign policy. They say the stuff that happened after she left were the cause of her policies that are still in place in the State Department.

Everything in the middle east is Bush's fault. He destabilized the entire region. Isis is Bush's child.

Russia and China are just playing games at this point, why are we supposed to be scared of them? I don't get this. They can't attack us conventionality, they can't attack us monetarily, and the best they can do is cyberhack us.
Big whoop. Stop being so drat afraid.

Arkane posted:

Hey, great news. Hillary didn't start any wars.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Arkane posted:

I think Rubio is a heavy favorite to win the GOP nomination, and will probably be the next President. I'm not a fan of his foreign policy/NSA stances, though.

Rand Paul is probably my favorite candidate, but that is going nowhere in a hurry.

:catstare:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Arkane posted:

It was Bush. I also kinda agree with you too. I'm betting it will be a Walker/Rubio ticket unless one of them screws up.

Pohl posted:

Everything in the middle east is Bush's fault. He destabilized the entire region. Isis is Bush's child.

Russia and China are just playing games at this point, why are we supposed to be scared of them? I don't get this. They can't attack us conventionality, they can't attack us monetarily, and the best they can do is cyberhack us.

I know that about the Middle East, but it is what they are running on.

They are focusing on foreign policy with an undertone of economic policy and how the two are related when discussing China and how the old Russia is reemerging.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 13, 2015

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Pohl posted:

Not to mention Russia is a complete loving mess due to sanctions and China is desperately trying to not collapse under it's own weight. I'm amazed when I hear people act like Russia is a threat, winter is over and the sanctions Russia is under are truly crippling economically and socially, the last thing they want is further escalation with the global communities even though Putin will continue saber rattling to hold on to political power.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Also to counter Hillarys announcement Bernie has emailed out a handwritten letter :cripes:

:bernget:

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Arkane posted:

drat, not only did Hillary kill Ron Brown and Vince Foster, she also set the Tunisian guy on fire and shot anti-aircraft guns at Syrians.

She's good.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

They are focusing on foreign policy with an undertone of economic policy and how the two are related when discussing China and how the old Russia is reemerging.

Are you talking Democrats or Republicans? And gently caress, they are related, but not in a everyone be scared to death way.
Like I said, it is complicated. This constant fear mongering, which a lot of people seem to buy into, is a curse. Complicated doesn't mean we are all going to die, it just means that we need to look at things and reevaluate them.

I guess since 9/11 everyone has been afraid but jesus christ, we aren't all going to die. Man the gently caress up (not you, your stupid neighbor or something) and just live life. We are not all going to die.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 13, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJtlX8rKK3c

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I want to see a debate just between Donald Trump and Lindsey Graham.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
EDIT: missed additional pages, not worth dredging up an old post for a zinger.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Not to mention Russia is a complete loving mess due to sanctions and China is desperately trying to not collapse under it's own weight. I'm amazed when I hear people act like Russia is a threat, winter is over and the sanctions Russia is under are truly crippling economically and socially, the last thing they want is further escalation with the global communities even though Putin will continue saber rattling to hold on to political power.

China and Russia are in no respects economically or militarily capable of hurting us.
Sure, we want to not let them enforce their will against weaker countries around them, but they are both hosed.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 13, 2015

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rubio is an empty suit. If the great big hope for the GOP is Rubio or Walker, they are boned.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

Firebert posted:

Rubio is an empty suit. If the great big hope for the GOP is Rubio or Walker, they are boned.

I picture Rubio in my mind's eye as being sort of like Roshan from DOTA2

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
This person seems to be implying that this is a problem.:getin:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Arkane posted:

Guess I missed Hillary's policy proposal to burn all hedge funds to the ground. As far as I can tell the argument isn't that they shouldn't exist but that they should be regulated in a stricter manner, which is not incompatible with either her son-in-law or daughter working at one. It's in the same vein as thinking taxes should be higher but not kicking in extra to the IRS on your own return.

As for taking money from Wall Street, unless and until campaign finance laws are changed there's no reasonable reason to not take money from them. Abstaining from the currently legal and acceptable because you think it should change is not a great choice if it actively hurts your ability to make changes. It'd be nice if ideological purity won you more votes than money to get out your message/voters does, but it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pohl posted:

What does this mean?

Your shirt buttons, belt buckle and fly are supposed to line up. This is a dying art apparently.

• Locked thread