Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

F. Lobot posted:

Heihachi from Tekken, Akira & Jacky from Virtua Fighter are in.

This is the closest we're ever getting to VF6.

Has there ever even been a Virtua Fighter game on a Nintendo system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Reiley posted:

Holy poo poo Ryu look so good

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

Has there ever even been a Virtua Fighter game on a Nintendo system?

Virtua Quest, a spinoff game, came out on Gamecube

other than that, no. never. not once

this mii costume is for a character who has never been on a nintendo console

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Everything owns.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'll never forget that Namco corporate thought they were just automatically putting Heihachi into Smash For and the thought of Pac-Man being their guest fighter didn't cross their mind at all.

Like they just assumed Heihachi was their go-to company mascot for crossovers and...yeah he does represent one of their biggest IPs but putting him in before loving Pac-Man? You own THE Pac-Man and he wasn't your first choice?

lol you are seriously going to have to provide a link on this

Like honestly as soon as I heard Namco was on the game I assumed Pac Man was in, how did the people who own the character not do the same :psypac:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I'm liking Roy's new look. The boy's been training hard for his return to Smash.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
It's a shame Ryu won't be legal at EVO, if Lucas isn't.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Champeenship posted:

More Mii costumes.

man it'd be cool if we could, like, actually play as zero, or x. haha. what a concept.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I'm really annoyed the Isabelle and k.k. Slider costumes look like nightmare fur suits instead of at least lying to me that it's really them :mad:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

People are saying that Eternal Dreamland from Triple Deluxe is in also. It's a good choice, but I would have preferred an arranged Moonstruck Blossom.
Best Kirby final boss theme in recent memory, IMO, and it would fit the stage better to boot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Maple Leaf posted:

It's a shame Ryu won't be legal at EVO, if Lucas isn't.

EVO banned DLC characters?

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

jivjov posted:

EVO banned DLC characters?

It's because they're coming out to close to EVO

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

codenameFANGIO posted:

lol you are seriously going to have to provide a link on this

Like honestly as soon as I heard Namco was on the game I assumed Pac Man was in, how did the people who own the character not do the same :psypac:

During the roundtable from last E3 that wasn't allowed to streamed or recorded. I have to assume all it took to get them to understand Pac-Man was getting in instead of Heihachi was Sakurai saying how happy Mr. Miyamoto was that his favorite video game character was finally in Smash Bros. after all this time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lucinice posted:

It's because they're coming out to close to EVO

I mean, I'd understand if they were released mid-tournament...but as long as they're out for a day or so before so all the tourney machines can download them, what's the concern?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Weren't there hints months ago that Ryu and Roy were in random data that people found? Were there other characters too?

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

jivjov posted:

I mean, I'd understand if they were released mid-tournament...but as long as they're out for a day or so before so all the tourney machines can download them, what's the concern?
Learning to use them and defend against them?

Like seriously when Mewtwo was released I dreaded running into him online because I haven't played Melee in ages and had no idea what he could do.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Weren't there hints months ago that Ryu and Roy were in random data that people found? Were there other characters too?

Yeah, it got bandied around the internet but everybody dismissed it as rumor-mongering. Sure is weird seeing what ends up being true after the fact.
I don't think they found any other characters, but data for Ryu's stage and another Kirby stage were found, IIRC.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is there a single thing different about Roy because right now I'm refusing to believe Sakurai actually complied with the demands of Melee fanboys and brought back a loving stupid clone character while also just slapping Marth's Final Smash onto him.
roy was a lot more different than Marth than Lucina is lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The obvious solution is to delete Marth, The Boy Who Has No Friends And Nobody Likes Him.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Cicadas! posted:

Yeah, it got bandied around the internet but everybody dismissed it as rumor-mongering. Sure is weird seeing what ends up being true after the fact.
I don't think they found any other characters, but data for Ryu's stage and another Kirby stage were found, IIRC.
Man at this point the majority of these things are turning out true. Rayman was the only really successful fake leak.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Do not remove any characters from Smash. Only add. You don't abandon a Bro. Sometimes you smash, but you always hug afterwards.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
:siren:GUY LIVESTREAMING PLAYING AS THE NEW DLC CHARACTERS ALREADY SOMEHOW:siren:

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

You don't abandon a Bro.
Someone tell that to Nana and Popo.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Chaltab posted:

Someone tell that to Nana and Popo.

Give Sakurai time. He will find away. The lack of eskimos in Smash 4 haunts him.

Also, how the hell are Ryu and Roy already ready to go? How long have they been working on them?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

holy poo poo I thought this would be a rickroll but it wasn't
Get in here if you don't care about gettin' spoiled

e: disregard that, stream got hosed

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Cicadas! posted:

People are saying that Eternal Dreamland from Triple Deluxe is in also. It's a good choice, but I would have preferred an arranged Moonstruck Blossom.
Best Kirby final boss theme in recent memory, IMO, and it would fit the stage better to boot.

They should just add the entire Triple Deluxe soundtrack tbh

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Stream went down but there's an archive of playing as Ryu here. Later plays Lucas and then Roy.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 13, 2015

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Scrap Dragon posted:

They should just add the entire Triple Deluxe soundtrack tbh

They really should, it's all amazing.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

jivjov posted:

The official reason that Mr. Wizard gave was because he wants to give his competitors time to learn how to master and counter the DLC characters. Mewtwo's had plenty of time, but he cockblocked Lucas as soon as he was announced. Who knows, maybe Ryu will be so hype he'll change his mind.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
http://www.twitch.tv/crediar stream's back up. Playing as Ryu. Seems to have multiple Final Smashes.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 13, 2015

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

TechnoSyndrome posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/crediar stream's back up. Playing as Ryu

Huh, the character portrait is Mario, I wonder if he swapped files around to just turn Mario into Ryu or what. I didn't know Wii U hacking was that far along, the only thing I had seen was someone messing with Mario Kart 8 a little.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Ryu's spinning kick doesn't put him into helpless state, but his vertical recovery is poo poo.
All of his attacks seem to have disproportionately large amounts of hitstun, looks very meaty when you hit somebody.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How soon until we get gifs or webm? Twitch just doesn't want to work for me.

edit: oh cool now
https://d.maxfile.ro/xvnknmatax.webm

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Electric Phantasm posted:

How soon until we get gifs or webm? Twitch just doesn't want to work for me.

https://d.maxfile.ro/xvnknmatax.webm

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
It's nice to see that Roy's final smash isn't actually a clone of Marth's

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If there was any doubt that these guys are 100% complete it's gone now

We are getting them very soon

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

:siren:Roy no longer has his annoying Melee voice!:siren:

...he still sounds like a chicken when he recovers, though.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TVs Ian posted:

Huh, the character portrait is Mario, I wonder if he swapped files around to just turn Mario into Ryu or what. I didn't know Wii U hacking was that far along, the only thing I had seen was someone messing with Mario Kart 8 a little.

So is there an update that is out that he hosed around with or something?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This came out fast can't wait to see the Shoryuken final smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lucinice posted:

It's nice to see that Roy's final smash isn't actually a clone of Marth's

Was just about to post the very same thing. I like it; it looks just like an actual Fire Emblem Crit now.

• Locked thread