Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

:colbert: Ahem. That's Immersive HD Lore Friendly Beards of Skyrim Redux Bouncy Snaketits Edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Immersive HD Lore Friendly Rustic Beards of Skyrim Mudcrab Edition.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

:colbert: Ahem. That's Immersive HD Lore Friendly Beards of Skyrim Reborn.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Immersive HD Lore Friendly Rustic Beards of Skyrim Mudcrab Edition.

Let's add some giant boobs to this rustic bearded mudcrab.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Just a general performance question: Is there a kind of asset that usually causes "hang-ups," as in you're not losing framerate, but the game is just stopping for a second (or longer, in my case) and then starting up again in spurts? It seems to be related to the direction I'm looking, and happens way more often in cities than anywhere else. I'm guessing the pauses are the game loading something in before I try to look at it, but I don't really know enough about that kind of thing to make a firm judgment. My load order is pretty close to 250 on a few profiles, though I have been merging some mods to try and get them back under 200.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Appoda posted:

Just a general performance question: Is there a kind of asset that usually causes "hang-ups," as in you're not losing framerate, but the game is just stopping for a second (or longer, in my case) and then starting up again in spurts? It seems to be related to the direction I'm looking, and happens way more often in cities than anywhere else. I'm guessing the pauses are the game loading something in before I try to look at it, but I don't really know enough about that kind of thing to make a firm judgment. My load order is pretty close to 250 on a few profiles, though I have been merging some mods to try and get them back under 200.

Any like 4k HD texture mods and the like? Have you messed with how many cells Skyrim loads? Many games unload the fancypants textures and models for stuff you can't see and if you have done that your computer might be going "WOAH THERE WAS A LOT MORE BEHIND THERE THAN I THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE, WHO PUT THESE HUGE TEXTURES HERE" every time you turn around, and cities are the most intensive places in the game.

Edit: Also, i had a similar issue with ENB, every time i would look in seemingly random directions in Skyrim my FPS would tank, it was because i had set up my video memory wrong. Sec, i'll find the equation.

Edit2:

Dongattack posted:

Is VRAM + RAM - 2048 the correct calculation?

Solve that equation and put it in the ENB ini under: VideoMemorySizeMb=xxxxxx

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 12, 2015

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I've downloaded Legacy of the Dragonborn and want to make a sort of one-size-fits-all character to collect loot which belongs in a museum. So naturally, I'm going with a punch-cat. Naturally I use SPERG, but I'm torn between going unarmoured and using that sweet Mage Armour perk, or loading up with heavy armour for Fists of Steel. On the one hand, being lightweight would be handy for sneaky stuff, but on the other hand I'm wanting to play Trainwicz's mods (Wheels of Lull et al) for the first time and I dunno if I'll miss out on any neat stuff from them by not using any equipment at all.

Incidentally how does the Best Friend perk work with regards to sneaking, can you tell your pet to wait for you?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Dr Snofeld posted:

Incidentally how does the Best Friend perk work with regards to sneaking, can you tell your pet to wait for you?

Yup. You can have it wait for you, set a "home" coordinate and have him go there whenever, or even load him up with items and have him sell them off at the nearest town. That way, you never have to interrupt your sneaking spree with a merchant break. You can sneak all day.

My Spider Atropos is very cute and useful.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 12, 2015

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

GunnerJ posted:

I don't suppose there's any way to "flag" these as not-real-quests or something to they don't really "count as" complete?

There are ways for the original author to make it so that it doesn't trigger quest completions, yes. I think there's a setting you can enable or disable for exactly that kind of quest, or if not you just don't ever flag it as complete (you can stop and re-start quests without completing them).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

epitasis posted:

Hey has anybody jammed a clumsy facsimile of the nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor into this yet?

hey gonna bump this question one more time before I lock down my mod list and start playing :D

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

epitasis posted:

hey gonna bump this question one more time before I lock down my mod list and start playing :D

nop

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

What's the better alternate start mod: Skyrim Unbound or Live Another Life?

Also are Hadvar and Ralof affected by Skyrim Unbound in any way?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

First one, no contest.

I don't actually know about those two, though. Maybe they're both chilling with their families in Riverwood, possibly not there at all? Skyrim Unbound is all about you not being a prisoner and the other survivor of Helgen, but rather some unknown asswipe who may or may not get his first huff of dragon gas from a randomly appearing beast right before the Greybeards' call.

scamtank fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 13, 2015

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

My favorite part of Skyrim Unbound is finding out you're the Dragonborn while you're out in the woods and a dragon falls through the world out something near you.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Hadvar and Ralof don't seem to appear until you start the Civil War questline in Skyrim Unbound and go to attack that Nordic ruin for the Jagged Crown.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What's the better alternate start mod: Skyrim Unbound or Live Another Life?

There is also this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25404/ I've had a friend volunteer to guinea pig with them, I'll try and get his summarized perspective up today.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

There is also this mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25404/ I've had a friend volunteer to guinea pig with them, I'll try and get his summarized perspective up today.

My advice is to save immediately after character creation. It sucks when you spend 30 minutes customizing a character and then irreplacably lose it because you spawned in the middle of a necromancer coven or bandit camp and had no way of knowing some rear end in a top hat behind you was going to kill you in 2 seconds with sparks and you hadn't saved.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 13, 2015

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Every mod I've installed works except the most important one: being a skeleton. It crashes my game every time.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My favorite thing about Skyrim Unbound is being able to turn off all the Dragonborn stuff completely. No souls, no walls, no main quest. Or keep some of it on if you still want shouts and whatnot.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Everything Burrito posted:

My favorite thing about Skyrim Unbound is being able to turn off all the Dragonborn stuff completely. No souls, no walls, no main quest. Or keep some of it on if you still want shouts and whatnot.

Are there any mods that start the main quest off after the High Hrothgar bullshit? My biggest barrier to starting a new game is having to listen to the drat greybeards drone on AGAIN before I can start shouting things off cliffs.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Danaru posted:

Are there any mods that start the main quest off after the High Hrothgar bullshit? My biggest barrier to starting a new game is having to listen to the drat greybeards drone on AGAIN before I can start shouting things off cliffs.

I like that part : <

Frankly I wish they had done more with the Graybeards; if there was something more to it than just getting a couple more words and then getting packed off to a dungeon.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Frankly I wish they had done more with the Graybeards; if there was something more to it than just getting a couple more words and then getting packed off to a dungeon.

Well, you can get them to host the truce between the Empire and Stormcloaks, but who the gently caress does that?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FutonForensic posted:

Well, you can get them to host the truce between the Empire and Stormcloaks, but who the gently caress does that?

That's so far into both the Civil War and main storyline that I've done it a grand total of once

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Yeah, I don't have any particular hatred for the Greybeards, but on my 100th new character, having so many important parts of the game like shouts, dragon attacks, Solstheim, the two words required to make Unrelenting Force useful/fun, and Dragonrend gated behind the main quest gets a bit tedious. I don't hate the Greybeards, but I do hate Bleak Falls Barrow.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Yo, so I love SPERG and all but is there a dragonborn patch for it? Because I've been blasting fools with Miraak's staff for a while now and yet I cannot squid motherfuckers with my bare hands yet.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I guess Sir Unbound also thought the same. You get FUS straight off the bat as a freebie, as if you'd seen the word wall and looked at the West Watchtower dragon melt as soon as you kill one.

You can still hike up there. The word wall still just gives you FUS, so nothing happens.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Motherfucker posted:

Yo, so I love SPERG and all but is there a dragonborn patch for it? Because I've been blasting fools with Miraak's staff for a while now and yet I cannot squid motherfuckers with my bare hands yet.

Yes. You'll need the Dragonborn patch active, and you'll need the appropriate perk from the enchanting tree to enable learning from special staves.

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
So I've been scouring every Skyrim modding forum in existence looking for help with Perkus Maximus but I can't seem to find an answer to this.

My problem is that PatchusMaximus.esp, the patch file for Perkus Maximus, causes my game to hang on the loading screen. It loads up to the dragon icon, and where it would normally say >continue >new game etc, it just freezes. Looking at Task Manager, the memory hangs at about 513k every time and isn't changing, so it's fairly obviously frozen. I have a pretty massive load order including a dozen merged patches for assorted mods which I've curated into working nearly flawlessly, but I'm guessing the PaMa is having some kind of interaction with something that is causing this. I have the normal PerMa mod files activated and the game works well, but after patching with PaMa and enabling the .esp the above behavior occurs. Note that only enabling the .esp causes this, the game still works perfectly after patching with PaMa.esp deactivated.

I've read of several people having this issue but haven't been able to find any tangible information about what causes it. If anyone has any experience with PaMa or knows something that might cause this, please help because I'm getting desperate :cry:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Every time I try to launch Automatic Variants through Mod Organizer, I get a "Error: Unable to access jarfile" message. I don't know what's wrong since I can launch the Dual Sheath Redux patcher without any problems.

My Mod Organizer is up to date (1.3.7) and I have the latest version of Java installed if it helps.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 15, 2015

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Every time I try to launch Automatic Variants through Mod Organizer, I get a "Error: Unable to access jarfile" message. I don't know what's wrong since I can launch the Dual Sheath Redux patcher without any problems.

My Mod Organizer is up to date (1.3.7) and I have the latest version of Java installed if it helps.

I can't guarantee this would work but, I had trouble running Java based applications too through Mod Organizer. It seems the latest version has a faulty hook.dll file so download a previous version of Mod Organizer and replace your current hook.dll with that. It worked for me then.

If it still doesn't work then the only other thing I suggest is that you're running the 32 bit version of Java, Mod Organizer is a 32 bit program and won't recognize 64 bit installations of Java.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

seorin posted:

Yes. You'll need the Dragonborn patch active, and you'll need the appropriate perk from the enchanting tree to enable learning from special staves.

I knew about the perk, I got wabbajack and magnus powers already (dubiously useful both of them though it can be fun to turn the boss bandit into a stack of coins and goo)

Ok, where do I get it the dragonborn patch?

I've found a couple but most of them fix individual very specific conflicts rather than one whole all encompassing patch.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 15, 2015

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I can't guarantee this would work but, I had trouble running Java based applications too through Mod Organizer. It seems the latest version has a faulty hook.dll file so download a previous version of Mod Organizer and replace your current hook.dll with that. It worked for me then.

If it still doesn't work then the only other thing I suggest is that you're running the 32 bit version of Java, Mod Organizer is a 32 bit program and won't recognize 64 bit installations of Java.

I used a hook.dll from an earlier version and I can't seem to find a 32-bit version of Java anywhere. :shrug:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I used a hook.dll from an earlier version and I can't seem to find a 32-bit version of Java anywhere. :shrug:

https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)

Motherfucker posted:

I knew about the perk, I got wabbajack and magnus powers already (dubiously useful both of them though it can be fun to turn the boss bandit into a stack of coins and goo)

Ok, where do I get it the dragonborn patch?

I've found a couple but most of them fix individual very specific conflicts rather than one whole all encompassing patch.

It comes with SPERG, but probably never got copied over because I fail at installers. Look for both DLC patches in the SPERG folder.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Oh!

yeah, I got it, thanks.

Soon I'll be spewing these gross rear end inkblobs out of my bare hands.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Catts posted:

So I've been scouring every Skyrim modding forum in existence looking for help with Perkus Maximus but I can't seem to find an answer to this.

My problem is that PatchusMaximus.esp, the patch file for Perkus Maximus, causes my game to hang on the loading screen. It loads up to the dragon icon, and where it would normally say >continue >new game etc, it just freezes. Looking at Task Manager, the memory hangs at about 513k every time and isn't changing, so it's fairly obviously frozen. I have a pretty massive load order including a dozen merged patches for assorted mods which I've curated into working nearly flawlessly, but I'm guessing the PaMa is having some kind of interaction with something that is causing this. I have the normal PerMa mod files activated and the game works well, but after patching with PaMa and enabling the .esp the above behavior occurs. Note that only enabling the .esp causes this, the game still works perfectly after patching with PaMa.esp deactivated.

I've read of several people having this issue but haven't been able to find any tangible information about what causes it. If anyone has any experience with PaMa or knows something that might cause this, please help because I'm getting desperate :cry:

If you're using ASIS, try disabling perk distribution and/or the NPC enchant fix. Some say that helps. Also, try running patchus maximus last. I've seen people say that works on my improved ASIS inis comments, although I've never had the issue myself.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I can AV now through Mod Organizer now, thanks! :peanut:

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Tried to install the Thuumic shouter. One of the prerequisites is Dragonscript, a script extender. I installed dragonscript version 1.5.26.0, but it says that it's not compatible with this version of the game, even though 1.5.26.0 is listed as the most recent compatible patch. I have SKSE installed, is that getting in the way?

Catts
Nov 3, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're using ASIS, try disabling perk distribution and/or the NPC enchant fix. Some say that helps. Also, try running patchus maximus last. I've seen people say that works on my improved ASIS inis comments, although I've never had the issue myself.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot. I've been doing Bashed -> ASIS -> PaMa as that seems the general consensus from what I've read.

e: holy poo poo it worked, it was the NPC enchant fix in ASIS. Rebuilt the patches, game runs perfectly. Thank you so god drat much, I might actually get to play skyrim this time :hfive:

Catts fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

BattleCattle posted:

Tried to install the Thuumic shouter. One of the prerequisites is Dragonscript, a script extender. I installed dragonscript version 1.5.26.0, but it says that it's not compatible with this version of the game, even though 1.5.26.0 is listed as the most recent compatible patch. I have SKSE installed, is that getting in the way?

Scriptdragon is kinda sketchy from what I have heard. There's another mod that does sort of the same thing without SD: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28448/

• Locked thread