Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

demonR6 posted:

So what you are saying is remove pretty much everything in the OP up to the point where the link to the game is and let people figure it out. Gotcha.

No. You are a lovely person and I appreciate you for doing the OP so well.
Unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
I'm starting to think that the only thing that should be allowed torps are destroyers and planes - just had a match where an enemy destroyer was near our cap area and I'm maneuvering to sink him in my destroyer when I get torpedo proximity alarm. Search around and then bam, hit from behind and sunk. An Aoba from 7km away launched a large spread. His response when I call him an idiot is "Can't tell where you'll be in 35 seconds."

If that's the case, then why the hell is he firing torpedoes? He's got enough guns that fire fast enough that he should never have even attempted a torpedo launch, and on top of that I've got the little bastard dead to rights. Hell, why not even give me a warning torps were coming my way? I swear, my destroyer is loving cursed - I've lost like 5 matches in a row in it, and it's getting real old. I think I'll stick with US cruisers and battleships from here on out.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Restricting torps to destroyers would not solve the problem of idiotic 'friendlies' launching from behind you. Devs cannot fix stupid players.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Do you know how many destroyer drivers, especiallly those driving US ones, still don't understand that they should probably check the range of their torpedoes before going into battle? More than a few times I've ended up having to rapidly dodge - or occasionally simply end up hit by - torpedoes launched by some idiot in a mid-tier destroyer at a target 10 km away. So not only did they launch them in a hazardous manner to their own team, but they were going to jack poo poo to the other team irrespective of any other factors regardless.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
Only time I blind fire torps is when I'm way the hell up front of everyone and there's a perfect funnel area that the enemy might use. 95% of the time I don't hit anything, but when that 5% occurs the cursing over the chat channel is a beauty to behold.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
Nothing can stop pubbies on your team from blindly driving into your torps anyway. I had one pubbie who was trying to use me as a body screen (I was in a DD....either a Grem or a Minekaze, can't remember which). I cut my engine so he'd go in front of me because he was going to either shoot me or eat my torps, I knew it. He keeps going, I fire torps at an oncoming cruiser. Keep in mind, at this point, the pubbie is ahead and to my port side, the cruiser was coming from almost broadside on my starboard. This pubbie turns 180 degrees around and maneuvers himself to eat the full broadside of torpedoes I fired.

And then gets mad in chat.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Warming up to the New Mexico.

Just hit my best salvo ever... 36k on a Fuso, after I hit his citadel the shot before. Two shots and the kill. Both at absolutely max range.

Learning how to use AP correctly is really paying off.

jownzy fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 14, 2015

Sneaky Kettle
Jul 4, 2010
After a string of terrible losses, everything finally went my way.

First in the Kongo:

That ended in a really awesome back-and-forth slugfest with another BB at point blank range (that's him blowing up in the background there).

And then in the Kuma, of all things:

Sheeeeiit. :devil:

Kuma run, it was that dumb map with the four flag points? Drove straight down the middle with a destroyer ducking and weaving, Cleveland and a New York turn around to try and kill us.

The destroyer buddy buys it, but that gives me enough time to 2x torp salvo and then chew through the Cleveland. The New York tried to take shots at me, but his rounds split neatly on either side of me while the Kuma can fire 3 turrets ahead, so I drove right up to him. Turned broadside, 3x torp salvo, they land and suddenly he's on 1/5 of his health. He panics, turns away, which gives me the time to set him on fire and chew through him.

Swing around, an Aoba is totally oblivious to me, driving up to B and firing to port at someone, I maneuver parallel to him ahead and starboard, and then start landing one shot per second and never stop, so he's constantly on fire and I'm disabling all his guns as the rounds arc onto the deck. He burns down, I turn around, recap B from where a ninja destroyer flipped it and then went CV hunting, and spend the remainder of the map plinking at a Cleveland that was trying to cap C for all the defense points. 2x bonus for the first win of the day in that bote, 2x premium.

Best round I've had yet / ever.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Does anyone have any inclination of when the wipe will be?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Asian website hint "very soon".
EU and NA websites don't mention that it will happen soon, maybe they're trying to milk some last CBT Access ship packages.

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/closed-beta-accounts-to-be-wiped-soon-reward-to-follow/

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Had an awesome match in the Pensacola the other day. Didn't seem like it at first, since the majority of the team buys it, and at the end it's just me, an Aoba, and a CV against 3 BB's and 2 cruisers. We were down in points, but owned 3 of the 4 cap spots. The Aoba and I gang-rape a Cleveland, then I manage to burn down a Colorado. Carrier kills another BB. I'm down to something like 300 hp and crash into an island, and before the enemy can fire on me we hit 1000 and win. I think they had something like 995 points. Without a doubt a nailbiter, but oh so enjoyable.

Also had a match where I one-salvo'd a battleship in my New Mexico - had 5 AP hits, 2 of which were citadels and he just vanished in an explosion. It was beautiful to behold. I also pulverized a destroyer that was getting too close and thought he was being sneaky. Little did he know that I had switched to HE in anticipation of his arrival and smoked him before he could unload his torps.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Love the description of the Arkansas.

Wargaming posted:

She is equipped with anti-aircraft armaments and multiple primary guns.

As opposed to no AA guns and only a single primary one? :confused:

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Am I missing something or is Wargaming just giving us a renamed Wyoming as the closed beta reward? :effort:

With Iwaki I thought maybe they'd make the rewards actually interesting, but I guess that was too optimistic.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
So the Furutaka is the biggest piece of poo poo I've ever driven.

Is there a trick to this ship or is it just bad?

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Just had a pretty good match in my Des Moines. I am typically not a fan of this ship (prefer the Zao), but she didn't let me down this match.

I basically soloed them all, including an Amagi, North Carolina, and Izumo 1v1.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

TheDemon posted:

So the Furutaka is the biggest piece of poo poo I've ever driven.

Is there a trick to this ship or is it just bad?

At the moment it's just a bad ship that you have to suffer through to get to the rather nice Aoba. It's like WG were afraid that 8" guns on a tier V cruiser would be a bit overpowered, so they preemptively nerfed it. :sigh:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

El Disco posted:

At the moment it's just a bad ship that you have to suffer through to get to the rather nice Aoba. It's like WG were afraid that 8" guns on a tier V cruiser would be a bit overpowered, so they preemptively nerfed it. :sigh:
The Kuma is a much better ship than even the Furutaka. About the only thing that the Furutaka has going for it is a fast rudder and good turning radius, but you can't even use it because its guns track slower than you can turn.

Although in my last game I played, I managed to destroy three BSes by using its torps :getin:

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...

El Disco posted:

If you look closely at their IJN cruisers video there seems to be a version of the Furutaka with twin guns stuffed inside its ridiculously narrow turrets. If that's what they originally tried.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Tekopo posted:

The Kuma is a much better ship than even the Furutaka. About the only thing that the Furutaka has going for it is a fast rudder and good turning radius, but you can't even use it because its guns track slower than you can turn.

Although in my last game I played, I managed to destroy three BSes by using its torps :getin:

Better yet they're 8 inch guns so the turret turn speed skill doesn't help much.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
For Americans only, you can get a cheap beta acess and some ingame bonuses there.
https://www.humblebundle.com/twitche3

drat wargaming for making this US Only.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 15, 2015

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Shame it doesn't say it's US only. Unless I'm blind.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
It says on the description, if you click on the World of Warships.

Sormus fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 15, 2015

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Not really US only as long as you don't mind the US server.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Krogort posted:

For Americans only, you can get a cheap beta acess and some ingame bonuses there.

I'm sitting here wondering if I should apply my bonus code now or later because I have no clue if Wargaming is smart enough to remember to either refund or give the items back after the wipe(s).

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

alright lets see if this bad boy runs at all on my crappy graphics card.. $1 is worth the try.
what's a good service to record how awful it is so I can become a youtube millionaire.. can anyone recommend free stuff. I used fraps before but that was only 30secs.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Is the 50 game thing from the beginning of CBT, because I haven't played this in a couple of weeks? I got to the Des Moines and didn't want to keep grinding on other trees.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

tater_salad posted:

alright lets see if this bad boy runs at all on my crappy graphics card.. $1 is worth the try.
what's a good service to record how awful it is so I can become a youtube millionaire.. can anyone recommend free stuff. I used fraps before but that was only 30secs.

Open Broadcaster Software, it's free and you can use it for local recordings.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Just don't try streaming with OBS unless you have some fiber run straight to the NAT because it's brutal.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Just don't try streaming with OBS unless you have some fiber run straight to the NAT because it's brutal.

Dont want to stream just want to record and uplaod to tha intertubes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

demonR6 posted:

What? That depends entirely on how you set it up.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

demonR6 posted:

You can do that, or you can try not being a scrub, because it's real easy to set up.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Krogort posted:

You can get the murmansk from this. And the ship code is separate from the beta access code.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, it's literally a tier five premium for a dollar.

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
Well I have an extra closed beta key now (and a rat-and-cockroach infested hulk ). Does anyone need an NA invite code?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Just logged in after getting that bundle and it looks like I have 1,000 extra tokens too.

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Welp, didn't notice it was NA server only, here have a Murmansk on me: M539T-R5PX2-Y9499-7M7Z6:

Also here is a NA CBT key for anyone still looking: F93K3-NRRK8-WHF3C-NDVPK

So... I guess I got Psychonauts for a dollar :3

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Its only a dollar you saved your health on a bag o crisps.. the site also makrs it clear its na only.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Beta:

F93K5-VA3TR-NZG38-GKA4A

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
If you use either of those codes, don't be a dick and post that you took them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatloafCat
Apr 10, 2007
I can't think of anything to put here.
Warships beta key:
F93KM-MT8W9-5FN92-AX3R3
and
Word of Tanks key (for new accounts only)
RMSZ6-6GDXK-UWTRE-SVUDE