Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Splatoon: cats are bitch rear end dork rear end fool rear end gnome head dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

oopsie rock posted:

So if you really suck and always get stuck on crappy teams, it'll take you 50 matches to max out; if you do well and always win you could max out in 10 matches.

That's not quite right, there are five ranks. (I'm sure the translations will be different than mine, but here goes.)

You start as typical/average, then it takes 10 points to get true/legit, then another 25 for super, then 50 for star/celeb, then another 99 for eternal. So you need a total of 184 points to max out or about 37 victories.

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
Team

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh. My. GOD.

I got sick of sucking in Ranked so I decided to get crazy and go back to the Krak-On roller again. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. I got 17 kills my first match. And it wasn't a fluke! I kept getting 15 plus kills! My highest kill count was 19! I ranked up from C to B- and had a win streak of 10 or so. (So hawt!)

The only thing saving the pubbies from my continued murderous rampage is my gamepad running low on juice.

Team Dog is going to feel my wrath come Splatfest. :getin:

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Like a hundred pages ago, some goon was asking for pictures of his squidkid in Inkopolis doing cool poo poo. I have no idea who that goon was or if he accepted my friend request, but I played turf war with some rad goons today and found them in my Inkopolis later, so enjoy candid pictures of your squids.

Also, if you didn't notice, here's my rad new team shirt for my rad new team.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not yet. I'm... not quite sure if I should do anything being strays and all (I have two cats already). Kittens are all wobbly and stuff and curled up with mom

Can still see them outside my window though. I'm on team cat tho for sure.

realtalk you should call an anti-kill shelter around you so that if they're just stray and not feral they can fix the cats and put them up for adoption. if they're feral then they'll fix them and release them back into the colony.

i took my dog to the beach today and now she is sleeping because a tired dog is a happy dog

:woof: team dog :woof:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh. My. GOD.

I got sick of sucking in Ranked so I decided to get crazy and go back to the Krak-On roller again. Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. I got 17 kills my first match. And it wasn't a fluke! I kept getting 15 plus kills! My highest kill count was 19! I ranked up from C to B- and had a win streak of 10 or so. (So hawt!)

The only thing saving the pubbies from my continued murderous rampage is my gamepad running low on juice.

If you think a roller will stop team dog then you have another thing coming for you.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh. My. GOD.

Krak-On Roller is a beautiful, beautiful thing. I consistently lead rooms in kills and I don't even remember what aiming feels like.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

So those words translate to cat I'm guessing. Has anyone on the net managed to decipher the inkling language yet?

Jopoho
Feb 17, 2012

Rocketlex posted:

Krak-On Roller is a beautiful, beautiful thing. I consistently lead rooms in kills and I don't even remember what aiming feels like.

Realistically, the Krak-On can succeed just by laying down good beacons. I have to pull so much beacon killing duty.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Modus Pwnens posted:

That's not quite right, there are five ranks. (I'm sure the translations will be different than mine, but here goes.)

You start as typical/average, then it takes 10 points to get true/legit, then another 25 for super, then 50 for star/celeb, then another 99 for eternal. So you need a total of 184 points to max out or about 37 victories.

Oh hey, good to know! I saw that guy's previous screenshot with the X/50 on the bar and I wrongly assumed that was the max. Thanks for the correction!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Splat Zone is really fun!

This game is really fun!

Yep!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

pokeyman posted:

Splat Zone is really fun!

This game is really fun!

Yep!

swear your allegiance to a team

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

noirstronaut posted:

swear your allegiance to a team

I wish all squids and kids to live in permanent peace.

you can spell my team with the letters in the other sentence in this post

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

pokeyman posted:

I wish all squids and kids to live in permanent peace.

you can spell my team with the letters in the other sentence in this post

canine?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Hey it's me, good games Bean :3:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

oopsie rock posted:

Oh hey, good to know! I saw that guy's previous screenshot with the X/50 on the bar and I wrongly assumed that was the max. Thanks for the correction!

Sorry for not clarifying, thought that was obvious as it's kinda like how the rank system works. :blush:

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Question: Do effects stack? I've got a pair of boots with ink recovery up twice, and that got me wondering.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fanzay posted:

Question: Do effects stack? I've got a pair of boots with ink recovery up twice, and that got me wondering.

Yes but with diminishing returns.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Are we still posting our freshest threads cause here's mine

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Lot of time-outs tonight. That's pretty darn frustrating when I'm doing well on Ranked.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

EightFlyingCars posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhhmuPKe6w4

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

dogsicle posted:

Yes but with diminishing returns.

Okay cool. Thanks. Also I'm a filthy Euro, so I'm not picking sides. YET. :kheldragar:

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

That pose looks oddly fitting for my squidkid.

Fanzay posted:

Okay cool. Thanks. Also I'm a filthy Euro, so I'm not picking sides. YET. :kheldragar:

Is there actually two sides to that one? Sure doesn't seem like it.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

EightFlyingCars posted:

So fetch.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Stop trying to make fetch happen.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://vine.co/v/hbt0O7HYA1g

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The views expressed in this vine are not representative of the collective thoughts or opinions held by Team Dog Inc. However, cats do belong in the trash.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
what does choosing a team mean?

i chose cat

:ohdear:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Barnyard Protein posted:

what does choosing a team mean?

i chose cat

:ohdear:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Team Dog is doomed from the start. Let's not forget who's judging this contest

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
who is better at splattering strange colors all over the place???

cats.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
who's better at your mom

dogs

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
You guys are going to have to tell me what the hell you're doing with the Krak-On roller in ranked. I can take pubbies to school in turf war, but I have tons of trouble in ranked.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Bean posted:

You guys are going to have to tell me what the hell you're doing with the Krak-On roller in ranked. I can take pubbies to school in turf war, but I have tons of trouble in ranked.

You splat with it and essentially never roll unless you're sure no one is in the zone or coming up quickly. It's very much a defensive weapon.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

who's better at your mom

dogs

:stare: Well then I do not care for them.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I can't remember who pointed out this look to me but I'm totally going to use it any time I use a roller-type from now on :v:

Also Team Rock.

Cat if I could, stupid pointless region-specific stupidity :argh:

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

Barnyard Protein posted:

who is better at splattering strange colors all over the place???

cats.

Yeah mine has puking for a hobby so I'm going to agree with this.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

ZeButler posted:

Is there actually two sides to that one? Sure doesn't seem like it.

Where does it say what the two sides are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Join team Cat. Dogs are still trying to make fetch happen.

• Locked thread