Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom
Well, that does get my interest. How the gently caress does Prim know about our 7th-dimensional shenanigans? She's Delta's spawn, so I'd hazard to guess whatever bullshit Sarly's talking about giving Delta out-of-character knowledge is connected, but I don't know... Something's off about that. Prim's so annoying.

So Undou seems like a cool guy. A fighting-the-good-fight-in-the-background character.

edit: drat, new page. I'm not going to go quoting the update though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Prim is a really stupid kid that has spent about two years being raised by Crazy and Crazier with her actual parents stuck in the sea. Of course she has no loving clue about anything.

But it is very nice to see a prime minister that is not only not evil but genuinely helpful as well. He's the coolest character in this mess.

DLord
Apr 28, 2013
More why do people just kill these two, would solve or prevent about all the issues. Don't let them wonder about and do more killing others, lock them up or kill them already. I found about all the other games you played smarter than these lot. From the first Hyper to the game you played which I can't remember its name right now, was better. Metilca was a more likable char than the whole of this game cast.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

DLord posted:

More why do people just kill these two, would solve or prevent about all the issues. Don't let them wonder about and do more killing others, lock them up or kill them already. I found about all the other games you played smarter than these lot. From the first Hyper to the game you played which I can't remember its name right now, was better. Metilca was a more likable char than the whole of this game cast.

The same reason that Naruto spent the entirety of the series trying to protect and save someone who almost killed him about a third of the way through; because they used to be friends and want to make them come to their senses. It's a relatively idealistic standpoint, but not uncommon.

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Feinne posted:

She probably still thinks of you as her friend.
She tells everyone you’re not friends anymore, but I kinda don’t think that’s true, seeing as she saved you.
I don’t know what happened between you two, but it wouldn’t kill you to think about her feelings a little more.

This whole scene is kinda interesting to me, from a writing standpoint. Cass deliberately leaves so that they can play out their own version of Good Cop, Bad Cop (Good Cop, Tsundere Cop?). These scenes usually spend a lot of time going nowhere fast, so it's nice to see a little Show not Tell about how Cass and Delta trust each other and how effective they are when they do.

And then they play hide and seek. Oh well.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Thuryl posted:

I'm starting to get more than a little tired of the way the antagonists escape and/or continue with their plans immediately after the PCs defeat them in combat, every single time.

Well, maybe if our protagonists weren't dumb as a goddamned box of loving rocks...

Feinne posted:

If you want to play, go outside the Cathedral. I’ll hide when you’re gone.
If you find me, you win.
…I got it.

I mean, these people were supposed to be a part of some kind of espionage/paramilitary organization, right? I would think Basic Training loving 101 says "If you capture your enemy, don't leave them alone in a building with many exits when they ask you to." Maybe adding, "Even if they ask very nicely" for the especially slow members of the group.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Seriously? loving seriously? Hide and go seek? With someone who has tried to murder everyone several times.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
:psyduck:

At this point, Zill and Nelo have tried genocide...eight or nine times between them. And nobody thinks to lock them up where they'll never get out?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Given the vast majority of the Soleil's human population is indisposed at the moment, actually holding them for any length of time would be kinda difficult.

Delta's going along with this because he's really goddamn concerned about what's wrong with him and Nelo knew about it without being told, which suggests she knows what's wrong with him. And it's sort of bizarre to say this given what just happened but Nelo isn't really that much of a threat at the moment. Her previous plan is kinda shot so she's probably not going to bother trying to escape until she's got a new one thought up.

Thinking things over I'm not sure what point in the story you'd actually have to ice Nelo to have any meaningful improvement as far as how things turn out. Substantially before is really the answer, she's not really done much of anything herself so far beyond a couple of half-hearted attempts to get Ion to just go along with her plan and shootin' the poo poo with Zill and Prim. Now Zill on the other hand, if we'd been a bit quicker and bludgeoned her rear end to death earlier we'd have saved a lot of drat trouble.

All of this does not change the fact that for the most part we are SO BAD at this. Thankfully by the end of the current sequence someone halfway competent will in fact be locking Nelo the gently caress up so she at least for the moment can't go find something else to make worse.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 12, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Is it even possible to kill Nelo? I'm not entirely sure how that works. But yes, the impression I had at this point of the game was that Nelo isn't actually a direct threat anymore. You stopped her, and she's kind of snarky and bitter about it, but there's nothing she can do about it. Her life in a nutshell. She's actually the most harmless of the antagonists, counting Zill and Cosal, and she's not really the sly, cunning type either.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I thought Nelo has similar crazy oversight powers like Ion is supposed to have? Didn't she sixth-axis (probability) move the entire universe at some point to be one where A Competent Character would be someone willing to go along with sending her home?

ATI really is the only game where we have something resembling admin tools for these crazy song magic computers. It wouldn't work on Genom but I kinda wish I had a pastiche on Ar Tonelico where Aurica/ Misha goes around and sings EXEC_PURGER and ruins everyone's plans.
EXEC_Z? Access denied.
EXEC_over.METHOD_SUBLIMATION? Nope.
CLASS::EXSPHERE_NOSURGE? PURGER.

Anyway Delta appears to be seven-dimensionally mindfucked and soon a tiny Zill will chestburster her way out of his head.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lunar Suite posted:

I thought Nelo has similar crazy oversight powers like Ion is supposed to have? Didn't she sixth-axis (probability) move the entire universe at some point to be one where A Competent Character would be someone willing to go along with sending her home?

Yeah, but actually using her oversight requires energy that she doesn't have. Even in the case you mentioned she needed Zill to sing song magic to facilitate its use. Really, on her own Nelo is quite powerless, which is why our heroes here aren't quite as worried about her wandering about as they maybe should be.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Oh, yeah, totally. No reason to be worried that the loving crazy woman who abducted our magical platonic love baby might escape. Especially not since Prim is currently also missing. Sure am glad Nelo is basically powerless on her own, and would need someone to sing a magic song to let her do anything, because I'm sure there's nobody stupid and/or brainwashed enough to do that.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Feinne posted:

Class::EXPAJA suffers from the fact that you have to compare it with EXSPHERE_NOSURGE just by design and in turn compare Cass's decidedly decent but not amazing singer with Noriko Mitose who is loving awesome.

I hadn't actually noticed the NOSURGE song link and didn't think the painful white noise thing was the start of a song. After listering to it, my opinion of EXPAJA improved quite a bit. I have not made my mind about whether I like NOSURGE or not yet, even though I did like the similar DESPEDIA from AT2.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

:psyduck:

At this point, Zill and Nelo have tried genocide...eight or nine times between them. And nobody thinks to lock them up where they'll never get out?

Repeat after me: "Somewhere in the multiverse exists a world where all these shitheads have been stung to death by angry bees."

Hold that thought in your head. It's a wonderful thought.

Feinne posted:

Given the vast majority of the Soleil's human population is indisposed at the moment, actually holding them for any length of time would be kinda difficult.

It's called a "rope". Failing that, you could, say, break their kneecaps. The reason for the shortage of people to guard prisoners is that these fuckos have been stealing people and converting them into fuel. You might think breaking their kneecaps sounds cruel and harsh... but under the circumstances, frankly speaking, it's surprising that none of the few remaining humans have tried to kill them already just out of revenge.

Delta gets a pass because his brain is more broken than the others, but anyone who still wants to live should not let these dangerous people just roam around free and unsupervised. It does not matter that Nelo currently has no genocide plan in mind, She'll think of an even more genocidy one soon enough, I'm sure.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 12, 2015

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

About the only way to actually lock Prim and Nelo up in any way that would keep them confined right now would be to get Cosal on board and good luck with that. And I will spoil the next update a bit, Nelo is actually supervised by Ion and Earthes during 100% of the hide process of hide and seek.

I'm not even sure you CAN break Prim's legs given she's a Genom, though if we were back in Felion right now I suspect Nay would be giving it the old college try.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Alright, I think I left the story in a bit of a silly place, since Delta was about to play hide and seek with a crazy lady. And he wasn’t doing a very good job of it, since he couldn’t find her.

Feinne’s Notes:
Once you’ve talked to Nelo there, it’s time to switch back to Earthes and Ion. You might be getting the point of why Nelo wanted to do this.

But, he wasn’t really on his own with regards to searching.

…Are you awake?
Yes, thanks to you.
Are you trying to create the Maternal Overseer again, even after what happened?
…I haven’t given up.
Then I’ll have to stop you.
Really? Sorry, but I don’t really want to fight you right now.
Then what are you going to do?
Want to play a game?
Huh…?
I’m playing a game with Delta right now.
With Delta…?
Maybe that’s not quite right… I guess you could say, the person on the other side of Delta.
That’s why I want you to play along.
Wh-What do you mean?
Just come with me.

They headed into the depths of the cathedral, where previously Delta and Cass had found CIEL_N_PROTECTA.

What are you doing?
You don’t need to stay anymore, bye-bye.
Wh-What?!
I’ll wait for Delta here.
Th-Then what did you bring me here for?
I didn’t bring YOU.
Um…what?
It’s possible there’s an inversion in space-time, but that’s trivial.

Nelo, it seemed, was directly addressing someone in another dimension.

I really don’t understand what you’re talking about.
Ionasal, I’m not talking to you.
The point is, I’m staying here. I’m not going to leave or do anything, so stop worrying.
Also… The passcode to open this door is “69E83B”.
O-Okay…

Ion and Earthes left, and some time after that Delta made his way down there.

System Message: What is the first character?
A/R/6/8
System Message: What is the second character?
9/5/T/P
System Message: What is the third character?
H/9/2/E
System Message: What is the fourth character?
8/1/P/G
System Message: What is the fifth character?
2/Q/3/H
System Message: What is the sixth character?
5/B/Y/O
System Message: Lock released.

At which point he managed to ‘guess’ the passcode. On the first try. Sure.

Video- “Interdimend”

Watch

…Why were you hiding here?
Anywhere would have been fine, but I figured a more difficult place would make explanations easier.
I’m not sure what you mean by difficult, there aren’t really many places you could hide.
You can find just about anything with a little trial and error.
True, but I didn’t think you’d unlock that door so quickly.
Sometimes you get lucky…
Guessing a string of 6 random characters is “lucky”? Ask Sarly to calculate the probability some time.
…What are you implying?
That you finding me was no coincidence.
The person manipulating you used information from somewhere else to find me.
What are you talking about? Is this some kind of superstitious BS?
No.
The machine that accompanies Ionasal, Earthes.
You and he share points of view. Subconsciously, of course.
What…? What the hell are you talking about?
That’s impossible. I don’t know anything about him.
That may be true for you…

Nelo once again looked somewhere where there wasn’t anyone obviously there.

I don’t get it…
You still don’t understand?
We’re talking about a special terminal that can switch between two different active channels.
One of those channels is you.
The other is that machine.
What…?
You can’t feel it? The sense that you are no longer yourself?
Your actions are obviously being influenced by someone other than you.
That’s ridiculous, nobody’s “controlling” me. I do what I want.
When I fought the Sharl and looked out for Cass, I did those things out of my own free will!
You’ve only convinced yourself of that to protect your ego.
But once in a while there are distortions.
Those distortions are what cause you to lose your own sense of awareness.
You really think I’m going to believe that?!
It’s not a question of what you believe.
Your actions are being guided from another world. That is undeniable truth.
That’s…that’s not possible.
I’ll give you this key.

Nelo then handed Delta an object of phenomenal power and value.

There’s a place called the Star Singer’s Platform at the top of the Bezelieltron, far above Sharanohiar.
It’s home to the “Ar noSurge Tube” which serves as an antenna connecting worlds beyond the 7th Dimension.
The Ar noSurge Tube…?
Correct. This key is required to Chain with the Ar noSurge Tube.
Once you’ve done that, release the program called “Interdimend,” which is linked to you.
If you do that, you will be free.
If you want to end this other world’s control over your life, go to the Star Singer’s Platform.
The Ar noSurge Tube… The Star Singer’s Platform… Interdimend?
I…I don’t understand any of this.
This may be a difficult battle.
The being controlling you can hear the conversation we’re having now.
Do you wish to simply coexist, work together, or rebel? Which will you choose?

System Message: Obtained “Ar noSurge OS”!

And she wasn’t quite done helping him either.

I’m not doing it for you.
This is a gift from me to Cass.
I consider it repayment and thanks for the kindness she showed me long ago.
What…?
You should find a good time to explain to her that you are being controlled from another world.
It will likely be rather shocking, so handle the conversation with care.

Ah, one more thing. I’ll lend you a little of my power. I suppose you could call it my gift to you.
Quell->EX[lic]->{hymi ULYLIYHA<=>CASTY};
…What is this?!
I connected my Genometrics to you. Feel free to make use of it with Cass.

Cass was very nearly Chained with more enemies than friends considering she was also still attached to Zill. Speaking of Cass, as Nelo and Delta left the basement room they ran into her.

I asked you to watch Nelo and you just disappeared!
Sorry, Cass. We were playing hide and go seek.
WHAT?!
You…!
Are…!
…An idiot! An enormous idiot!
U-Um… Yeah. Sorry.
What…? Why are you suddenly so earnest?
Huh? …Oh, sorry.
…Ugh. Whatever.
It sounds like the Prime Minister has something to tell us. He wants everyone to come listen.
We should hurry over.

In the meantime, Ion dropped in on Sarly.

Doctor Leolm: Don’t worry about it. I’m sorry, too. I shouldn’t have said something like that.
…What?
Doctor Leolm: You’re an ally who also wishes to bring stability to this world. No more, no less.
That doesn’t really matter. You should feel free to talk about whatever you want, not just about our interests.
Doctor Leolm: No, I should avoid that. It might influence us both negatively.

I wish you wouldn’t act so conceited. I’m not looking to become friends with you, anyway!
Doctor Leolm: I see. Then I apologize.
Hello.
Hey, it’s been a while, Ionasal.
Doctor Leolm: Ionasal?
Huh? …Um, is someone there?
Oh, I’ll introduce you. This is Doctor Leolm, an acquaintance of mine. Although you can’t see him.
N-Nice to meet you!
Doctor Leolm: Yes… Nice to meet you as well. I was worried about what might have happened to you.
Huh? Mr. Leolm, do you know me?
Of course he does. He’s the one who woke you up.
Doctor Leolm: No, I simply offered information to Ms. Planck. She is the one who woke you.

She took the opportunity to discuss her awakening with the people responsible.

It was a good thing you woke up though, Ionasal.
If you hadn’t, this world would have ended a lot sooner.
I-I didn’t really do anything, though.
That’s not true.
Do you know that you were being used by Zill?
Yes… For some sort of Song Magic, right?
Doctor Leolm: A CIEL_N called “CIEL_NOSURGE”… A very special Song Magic.
ZIll used the CIEL_N to use the power of your thoughts, and created immense numbers of Sharl.
Doctor Leolm: She was taking advantage of your broken mind.
Broken mind…? Oh right, Nelo did something to me… I wonder how I managed to wake up…
The Doctor told me how to fix your mind.
Doctor Leolm: Your mind was broken so that Nelo could use your power. You were a puppet, singing without thinking.
So Ms. Planck and I split into twelve parts a program to restore your memories and will to live.
We sent that, and another three for insurance.
Memories…? Oh, I remember!
I was alone and didn’t know who I was for a long time, but…
Eventually I started to remember when I’d lived on Ra Ciela.
That was because of you two…?

Given she created them all, you could probably blame Ion for the Sharl’s poor taste.

He he, I’m just glad it worked.
Thank you both for making such an amazing program and bringing me back!
Yes, well, welcome back.
By the way, Sarly, what is this room?
This is the Turbine Control Room. I guess you could call it my hideout.
There’s a lot of really exciting things here.
Of course. I thought you’d appreciate it, as someone who enjoys tinkering with machines.
D-Do you mind if I take a look at some of them…?
Nope, but be careful. You never know when some old, worn-out thing might pop open violently.
I’ll be fine. Maybe I can even fix some of them for you.

This was about when it was Doctor Leolm’s turn to say something he really shouldn’t have. Well, again, he did something similar last time.

Huh?

Doctor Leolm: Ms. Planck, perhaps you should have Ionasal help you with developing Noelia Laboratories?
Oh, that’s a good idea. What do you think, Ionasal?
Is it really okay!?
Of course. Although I could only really pay you with favors…
That’s fine! I’m just excited, I haven’t built anything in a long time!
Really? Well, I’m happy if you’re happy. Feel free to drop by whenever you like.
Anyway, I’ve finished my investigation. Is everyone still at the Genomirai Cathedral?
Yes… I think they should be…
Okay, I’ll go with you.
Doctor, I’ll be out for a while. I’m leaving the security of this room up to you.
Doctor Leolm: I’m not a security system, you know.

Both groups converged on the courtyard, where they got the bad news from the Prime Minister. And by bad news I mean they were doomed.

Video- “The New Mission”

Watch

Yes, I feel slightly sorry for them, but…for now I’ve confined them to the back room.
They haven’t made any trouble so far.
Hm…
So, what’s next?
Perhaps first I should tell you. I’ve learned that, if nothing changes, this ship will only last a few more days.
What?!
Where the hell did this come from?!
As Ionasal said: the power core has been switched from interdimensional energy to life energy.
What?! But that’s supposed to be an emergency fallback system!
My investigation suggests Zill activated it manually. I still don’t know why.
Could you explain more?/I see, I understand now.
Of course, my apologies. Put simply, this spacecraft, the Soreil, has two energy sources.
One is the main power source, a device called the Ar noSurge Tube that draws energy from outside the 7th dimension.
By “outside” I mean the universe outside of ours, where Ionasal is originally from.
In other words, the world where you exist, Earthes.
If that first source fails somehow, the second can be used as a last resort—life energy.
For some reason, the ship is currently switched to run on that emergency power source.

It seemed the Flask Sea did at least have an actual reason to exist on the ship.

Then…the people in the Flask Sea right now are powering the Orei?!
Correct, but that is not all—they are powering the land of Sharanohiar as well.
Due to the creation of the Maternal Overseer, however, those souls no longer provide enough power.
If we don’t do anything, the Orei will become uninhabitable. Sharanohiar would disappear completely as well.
Was this all part of Zill’s plan!? What the hell is she thinking?
I don’t know. What I do know is that there is only one way to solve this: Revert the power source.
But that means we need to figure out how she switched it in the first place.
Maybe Nelo knows something?
I already asked. She claims not to know, although it’s possible she is lying.
…Isn’t there anything else we can do?
The best option would be to access the system managing our link to the other world directly, using a CIEL_N.
Are you talking about the “Ar noSurge Tube”? The one at the Star Singer’s Platform?
No. The Ar noSurge Tube is only an antenna. Unfortunately, the main system is located in…Sora.
Sora? I’ve never heard of that.
Me either… Is it underground?

Turning the power back on would not be quite as easy as just flipping a switch.

…But the Airport was buried under the land the Sharl created. We’d never be able to find it.
Then I’ll ask the Sharl! Maybe they know something!
That would be very helpful. Sarly and I will attempt to create a program to switch the energy source back.
Alright, let’s get to work.
Okay!
Hey, hold on a second. How certain are you that this is going to work?
Unfortunately, the probability of success is rather low.
Then our best chance might be to just ask Zill, right?
…She would never tell you.
She might be a monster now, but she’s still got a human heart, doesn’t she?
Delta!
…No, I don’t mind. He’s only stating the truth. In fact, I’m pleased he said it.
Huh?
He still sees Zill as human. I should have been the first to defend her that way.
I will accompany you to speak with her—not as a scientist, but as a human being.
That would probably help. You know her a lot better htan I do, after all.
I’m only doing this out of self-interest. Don’t think my presence will improve your chances.
And those chances are not good. Our wisest bet would be to have Ionasal and Delta attempt separate tasks.

And so the parties separated again.

W-Well, we won’t lose either, okay?!
Why are you acting like this is some sort of competition?
We should depart immediately. There isn’t much time.
Okay. We’ll leave first…
Oh, Ion. Hold on a minute.
What is it?
Um… I’m sorry about before.
I thought you were trying to destroy this world, but I was wrong.
I’m sorry for doubting you.
Thank you for believing in me, Delta.
Let’s fix this.
Right!

I think next time we’ll see what’s up with that whole Dive with Nelo. That turns out… a bit interesting.

Next Time, Ar Nosruge: Innocence

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009
Straight up calling out the player, classy.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

If you haven't given much thought to what exactly you're doing on Delta's channel: now you know. Delta isn't exactly doing a lot of this stuff of his own accord. He's doing it because you're pushing buttons and levers.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
THAT'S what's up with Delta? ... Okay, that has really killed any remaining interest I had in the story. It is stupid. (If you think it's worthwhile trying to change my mind with some sort of justification, don't bother wasting your time.) I'm probably done with this.

Re: "emergency backup power": I don't really understand how grinding up a bunch of meat and using it for fuel is supposed to have more energy than an extra-dimensional singularity.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 14, 2015

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Re: "emergency backup power": I don't really understand how grinding up a bunch of meat and using it for fuel is supposed to have more energy than an extra-dimensional singularity.

I think the point is, in fact, that it does not, and that's why the fact that it's on backup power is a problem.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

THAT'S what's up with Delta? ... Okay, that has really killed any remaining interest I had in the story. It is stupid. (If you think it's worthwhile trying to change my mind with some sort of justification, don't bother wasting your time.) I'm probably done with this.

Personally I actually liked Delta's deal. Now that he knows what's up it'll get interesting.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

AweStriker posted:

I think the point is, in fact, that it does not, and that's why the fact that it's on backup power is a problem.

Except that the game seemed to have been saying that it was switched over to meat-fuel specifically because Zill/Nelo needed more power.

Oh whatever...

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Except that the game seemed to have been saying that it was switched over to meat-fuel specifically because Zill/Nelo needed more power.

Oh whatever...

Life-energy is a quasi-mystical thing. The meat itself is just left there. Someone's body will be found in the flask sea.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

This is the part where I finally got into and really started liking the plot. The game coming straight out with it and addressing you was a pretty great bit.

Elric
Mar 31, 2011

Oh whatever...

By the way, what is your Avatar a reference to?

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Does that mean you're going to stop posting?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Oh whatever...

That makes no sense. Infinite energy from another dimension is clearly "more power". We don't know exactly why Zill did it, but a more reasonable guess is that she's trying to kill everyone for whatever reason.

I think your stubborn preconception that the plot is really stupid is causing you to miss out on things and/or make incorrect assumptions. Honestly, given the way you're reading it, the plot is too smart for you, which isn't a place you want to be. Since it's not all that smart.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Clarste posted:

That makes no sense. Infinite energy from another dimension is clearly "more power". We don't know exactly why Zill did it, but a more reasonable guess is that she's trying to kill everyone for whatever reason.

Compare a gas lamp to a firework. The lamp puts out steady, regular power at a lower level for an extended period of time. The firework is way brighter and puts out more energy in a single moment.

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014
Having the game change from it's usual perspective to Nelo looking straight at you really sells that scene, I have to say.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

The Flask Sea doesn't in principle kill people quickly, since it's not really supposed to kill people at all in regular use. Unfortunately now Zill is trying to eat everyone in it while it's also powering Sharanohiar and the ship and something's got to give.

If you go back and re-read the scene knowing what we do now, Zill did this to force the issue. She wants to render the ship uninhabitable to force everyone to submit to fusing with her (since as Maternal Overseer she doesn't care about the life support) and also probably to get rid of Cosal and the Sharl since they're useless once this all gets going.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Nelo Dive tomorrow, it's super strong.

Then we'll probably have some of Delta's plot, then I'll likely kick back up with some Kanon or Tattoria with Ion because there's a bunch of that backlogged.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I called that Delta opening up the barrier pre-game was because of our control (7th dimension shenanigans would allow us direct control even in a flashback - in related news don't think too hard about what time travel does to causality) but I did not imagine we were actually in charge right now, I kinda assumed the Delta sections were standard JRPG fare.
Also, uh, Earthes really, really should have a face to face with Delta about this before D does something stupid to get out of our control, I can't help but think Nelo giving him that thing is going to end in sabotage somehow.

Plan B is to ask Zill nicely to stand down? Stupid, but as long as they have an actual plan A I don't really mind, and let's be honest Zill will be too stupid to not trigger a boss battle after the refusal.

Leolm is totally Shirotaka. You could tell your girlfriend you've survived you jerk. Where the gently caress is he though? Still on Ra Ciela communicating via FTL phone, I assume?
Speaking of missing characters from Ciel, has anyone sighted Renall somewhere? As one of the Seven, I'd say she'll have to pop out sometimes.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Omobono posted:

Leolm is totally Shirotaka. You could tell your girlfriend you've survived you jerk. Where the gently caress is he though? Still on Ra Ciela communicating via FTL phone, I assume?
Speaking of missing characters from Ciel, has anyone sighted Renall somewhere? As one of the Seven, I'd say she'll have to pop out sometimes.

I have premonitions that its something dumb like "I want her to forget about me because I'm physically half the universe away".

The "protagonist" rebelling against the player is a concept that still feels fresh to me. I've only seen it here and one other game. Very neat stuff.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A game that really plays with the player might be interesting.

....though if they're pushing that angle, I wonder why they didn't use a system text entry dialog to put in the passcode.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Elric posted:

By the way, what is your Avatar a reference to?

Divinity: Original Sin.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

booksnake posted:

The "protagonist" rebelling against the player is a concept that still feels fresh to me. I've only seen it here and one other game. Very neat stuff.
Of course the next step would be.. hmm

Something awkward like Delta trying to communicate with the player somehow? Taking turns having him write on paper or something?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm still finishing up the Qoga LP, but I don't know exactly who this narrator/"your mother"/"your father" compound is. I know that the main narrator is Mir (though I know basically nothing about her), but who is the subject supposed to be? I'm only familiar with the third game.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pollyanna posted:

I'm still finishing up the Qoga LP, but I don't know exactly who this narrator/"your mother"/"your father" compound is. I know that the main narrator is Mir (though I know basically nothing about her), but who is the subject supposed to be? I'm only familiar with the third game.
I think the setup is that Mir married Croix and had kids, and then other AT characters like Spica and Misha are brought in as babysitters.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah it's an AT2 reference. This game is actually a LOT like that one in a lot of broad strokes, though I'm not even going to mess like 2 isn't the superior game because, well, AT2.

Bottom lining it one of the endings of AT2 involves Croix moving back to Ar Tonelico with Mir, who was there on business which concluded after they succeeded at Metafalica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Now that I've got screens for Nelo's dive I'm actually sort of surprised at how wordy it is for the raw length (it's a half hour video but ended up above 600 screens which definitely will NOT fit in a single update), this is probably going to have to be two updates. First half later today.

Going behind the scenes, even going to the shorter urls for icons and things like that somewhere between four and five hundred screens worth of text is where you hit the character limit.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 15, 2015

• Locked thread