Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm wondering if that's a signal that MRA's are going to cut out the middle-man and just join ISIL.

http://wehuntedthemammoth.com/2015/...ho-murder-gays/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

The Sacred Band of Thebes: totally not the force that broke the power of Sparta for once and all.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

Nope, no news source has called him a terrorist. He's a "lone gunman" because he's white.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's one of those "The Secret" things, isn't it? Like how they say your dreams can become reality if you believe hard enough. Well, if you believe your state-owned purestrain gold is going to be stolen by the federal reserve then maybe the reality will be that they get taken under forfeiture or asset freeze laws when your state gang launches an attack on an American military exercise.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Three years later the gold vanishes along with the private contractors hired to build the vault.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Matt Bevin is such a True Conservative that he hasn't paid to have his logo updated from 2014.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
E: Never mind.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Alter Ego posted:

Going to assume you lifted that image from some news article and didn't just give us all your real name.

Yes, I'm not Niels Lesniewski, Senate Reporter for CQ Roll Call, though I do follow him on Twitter, which I recommend because he knows a lot about Senate procedural rules.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

What a fascinating choice of words. It's possible to move stuff without implying you're a sovereign country.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
This poo poo is actually starting to take a worrying trend. :ohdear:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the night, "I knew Richard Nixon. Richard Nixon was a paragon of mine. Secretary Clinton, you're no Richard Nixon." ~ Bill Kristol.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Joementum posted:

Quote of the night, "I knew Richard Nixon. Richard Nixon was a paragon of mine. Secretary Clinton, you're no Richard Nixon." ~ Bill Kristol.

I could see someone pulling a Reagan with this, but Nixon?!

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Joementum posted:

You can't make this poo poo up, folks. Richard Nixon: MY PARAGON!

berzerker
Aug 18, 2004
"If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all."
(Insert 20 pages of how-liberal-was-Nixon chat)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

Hey, give her time. I'm sure she can get her own set of plumbers to discredit detractors and infiltrate RNC headquarters. :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nixon was probably one of the most psychologically flawed people to have ever held the presidency so of course Kristol puts him on a pedestal.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nixon was a pretty goony president. He was a quaker and Eisenhower's VP! He was basically MIGF.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

This is generally seen by the rest of the country as a plus

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

Since it's Bill Kristol that said it, I'm suddenly very worried about Hillary's drastic turn towards conservatism :ohdear:

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Joementum posted:

So Bill Kristol is remixing Lloyd Bentsen's "You're no Jack Kennedy" quote for Hillary? I am trying to think of a way this makes any loving sense at all and I'm lost.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Joementum posted:

I hope Hilary responds thanking Kristol for his kind words about her.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Maarek posted:

If you have a ton of money then replacing the American citizen with the American consumer only makes you even more powerful. You can argue that our political is already controlled by these people, but it does still exist in some form or another. If you successfully dismantle the nation-state and replace it with a system where personal and 'political' relationships are 100% about money then your power is only limited by the size of your wallet.

This is almost the literal definition of Feudalism

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Joementum posted:

Vox.com dredging up that quote from Kristol of him saying "I was an internet troll before that was even a thing," continues to be legit.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
But Watergate was the renegade option.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
If someone was going to successfully pull off another Watergate, you know it'd be the Clintons.

omg, *that's* what was in the missing e-mails!!!

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Soonmot posted:

If someone was going to successfully pull off another Watergate, you know it'd be the Clintons.

omg, *that's* what was in the missing e-mails!!!

Uhhhhh....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_controversy

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

gently caress Nixon-was-a-liberal-chat. Lets go with Nixon-wasn't-wrong chat

To paraphrase his philosophy: "If you are right, and others wrong, what is 'wrong' isn't breaking the law. What is wrong is losing."

Bentham and Mill would be proud. :colbert:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

At the end of the day I feel Rick Perlstein deserves some blame for Nixon is a liberal being a thing.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Berke Negri posted:

At the end of the day I feel Rick Perlstein deserves some blame for Nixon is a liberal being a thing.

Having read Nixonland and Before the Storm in the past six months, what are you referring to? Something else he wrote?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Trabisnikof posted:

Or a movie about the siege of the gold facility with a heavy Alamo vibe.

edit:

Of course, it is UT's gold. That makes sense:

I think this is supposed to create the pathway to paying your taxes in gold, which is as a regressive concept as imaginable. I don't think that's what people mean by WWJD.

So the governor's press release is about "repatriating" gold held by the Federal Reserve but the Star Telegram article says that it's UT's gold being held by HSBC because Texas doesn't have a facility capable of storing it.

Essentially, the bill is doing nothing controversial or in defiance of the federal government, but the Republicans are lying in order to manufacture a victory for the lunatics who are running the state.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I wonder where Texas is going to get the money to insure the delivery.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nintendo Kid posted:

I wonder where Texas is going to get the money to insure the delivery.

Borrow on potential future earnings of the storage facility?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Not only is the Dallas guy not a terrorist, a CNN anchor called him "courageous, brave, and a little crazy."

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Luigi Thirty posted:

Not only is the Dallas guy not a terrorist, a CNN anchor called him "courageous, brave, and a little crazy."

You can't post this without posting a video or something. Preferably juxtaposed with the recent a similar event targeting police in which the perpetrator was a terrorist.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

CNN is run by idiots and jibbering lunatics.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Boon posted:

You can't post this without posting a video or something. Preferably juxtaposed with the recent a similar event targeting police in which the perpetrator was a terrorist.

The only video I could find was on loving Breitbart (though it is a real video) and I'm not giving him hits.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I keep seeing the thread title and thinking of a different Swift.

USPOL: Boys only want love if it's torture.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Berke Negri posted:

People call Nixon a liberal because he was the last president to enact liberal economic policy.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mo_Steel posted:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there:

Didn't this guy also make a similar comic about how the media treats whites and blacks? I saw a comic where some crazy white person with dual uzis shouting "gently caress da police" had the newsperson ask "Why did they do a boo boo?" but a dead black honors student was "Thug Thug Thug Thug Thug"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Miltank posted:

People call Nixon a liberal because he was the last president to enact liberal economic policy.

So it begins. :munch:

• Locked thread