Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Just Offscreen posted:

God I miss Achewood.

I have to admit I hadn't really been a fan of Achewood before, but I really enjoyed this comic and will certainly be checking out the archive now. The more of it I see the more I start to "get" it.

Have some more wolfpupy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the only ones who never get presents on christmas are ghosts and jesus, everybody knows this.

also i feel like the connotation is that jesus died to give us presents, which is incredibly wrong. he died to give us easter eggs & special brews. this is first grade knowledge.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Meatwave posted:

Isa, what an rear end in a top hat!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I laughed at this comic

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 
still the worst thread in the forums.

in this spirit, here are a few dumb tryhards i made when I was 15

we're all hosed

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
E: woah, missed a page.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

There's an F on the robit's crotch. Clearly the fun was sexual in nature and the father was protecting his family.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Meatwave posted:

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat!

Finally a funny usage of a tired thread-unique meme

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

The clock in the third panel shows 12:00, and the child's matching pants (reminiscent of pajamas) and the father's slippers suggest that it is in fact 12:00 a.m. (i.e., midnight) rather than noon, which would be a less appropriate time for bedwear. Midnight is far too late a time for basketball (too dark to see the ball) and the robot's boombox would surely wake the neighbors and cause embarrassment. Father's eye beams are silent -- yet deadly -- and are the clear solution for a quick takedown of this noisesome appliance.

The father has done no wrong and I do not see the humor in this :colbert:

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Or maybe it's the weekend and everyone slept in.

That said, that robot is either fraudulently posing as an officer of the law, or is abusing his power, as there has never been a fun enforcement law. Most likely the robot is in fact a supervillian, come to face his arch-nemesis (Dad) in a final showdown. What he didn't realize was that Dad was prepared, and trained with his powers relentlessly. The robot didn't stand a chance.

Haha just kidding the robot is actually a decoy.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Haha just kidding the robot is actually a decoy.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I don't get it. If he's killin it that hard, shouldn't he get the part? "Too perfect" seems more like a bullshit excuse for an anti-robot bigot to literally get away with murder.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I don't get it. If he's killin it that hard, shouldn't he get the part? "Too perfect" seems more like a bullshit excuse for an anti-robot bigot to literally get away with murder.

Any comic that tim buckley draws has violence as the punchline.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Wow, way more PBF comics than I remember. I'm seeing a whole bunch of new poo poo even among ones I saw years ago. What gives?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

Wow, way more PBF comics than I remember. I'm seeing a whole bunch of new poo poo even among ones I saw years ago. What gives?

He kind of went back and did a few more but afaik nothing regularly.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

The positioning is all off in this loss edit so it took me a while to get it. Also the guy sweeping up is a little too on the nose. Tacky, man.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Too Much Coffee Man had it all figured out years ago, before he turned crappy.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Idgi

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

http://kotaku.com/fallout-3-vs-fallout-4-in-screenshots-1712122808
+
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/canine-corner/200810/can-dogs-see-colors
=
to the dog Fallout 4 still looks like Fallout 3 because dogs see a different color spectrum (hardly any bright colors) :thejoke:

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Jun 19, 2015

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Dog can't see color good.

E;fb

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Actually, it's about ethics in toy trains journalism.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I'm like 40% sure it's about gamergate, your comment bumped me up to 80%, but I don't get the analogy at all.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I thought it was about racism.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Krinkle posted:

I'm like 40% sure it's about gamergate, your comment bumped me up to 80%, but I don't get the analogy at all.

Trains are video games, hth.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Kids with hats are a stand in for ????

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

Trains are video games, hth.

Only the first one seems to fit with the Gamergate idea though, the other 3 seem more about racism, especially the last one.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jesus christ it's about imperialism and society as a whole shunning cultures outside their own spectrum, not loving videogames you nerds

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Krinkle posted:

People involved in gamergate, who play and enjoy video games.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I thought it was about autistic bullies

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Jesus christ it's about imperialism and society as a whole shunning cultures outside their own spectrum, not loving videogames you nerds

Yeah cus Wondermark has never written a joke about Gamergate, so it's entirely outside of the realm of possibility.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

People involved in gamergate, who play and enjoy video games.

it's a metaphor for the cultural genocide of gamers at the hands of their sjw oppressors

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Krinkle posted:

Replace "kids in hats" with "neckbeards in fedorae/trilbies."

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

cobalt impurity posted:

Replace "kids in hats" with "neckbeards in fedorae/trilbies."

Isn't that backwards? "Kids in hats" would be girl gamers. The bullies are the gamergate guys trying to decide who is a "real gamer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
Whatever it was, it was loving exhausting.

• Locked thread