Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dear Sir/Madam, as a registered owner of a Project Cars, you may be entitled to the refund of some pixels following the recent class action taken against Slightly Mad Studios.
Please respond in a timely manner with instructions and/or a nominated benefactor of your pixel award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd like some pixels in the shape of Ferrari cars, please. Also dedicate some of those pixels to sound waves that sound like Ferrari cars.

I don't need all the Ferraris, just a representative sampling would be great. It would really round the game out.

This could be the best class action settlement ever.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

xzzy posted:

I'd like some pixels in the shape of Ferrari cars, please. Also dedicate some of those pixels to sound waves that sound like Ferrari cars.

I don't need all the Ferraris, just a representative sampling would be great. It would really round the game out.

This could be the best class action settlement ever.

If this works, I might just have to use that Steam Refund thingy-ma-bobber for this game.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
If nothing else, the UI is definitely a case for a lawsuit. I was missing several options in the car settings because using the mousewheel only gives the impression of actually scrolling, in reality it only scrolls a little bit up and down if one item is not quite 100% visible, but there might be another five items below that you can only reach by arrow keys.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

julian assflange posted:

gently caress Snetterton

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Zakspeed Capri is suuuuuper fun. Sounds loving monstrous too.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Alright Basticle, you can see for yourself now:

You'll probably get a higher turnout on weekends.

Sorry njsykora, looks like we really are the only 2 people who play at that wacky time. I've added you as a friend on Steam though, so you'll probably see me play around that time anyway. :)

Gutbomb I expect to see you on a Friday night sometime! :D

LiquidRain fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 13, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 24 Hours of Le Mans is a go! :D I'm going to be watching the race on my laptop while doing my own personal Le Mans race in Project CARS, but only like 50 laps. You can have 42 AI drivers, so this is as close as we get to the real life race. You just can't pick what classes and cars you want on the track. The most accurate solution is all players that pick their own cars.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Was just coming in to remind everyone about Le Mans :dance:

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
I've been stoked about this game for the longest time. I'm ready to pull the trigger since it's on sale on the Steam store. But right now, I don't have the space to set up my poo poo rear end combo of the Xbox 360 wheel, Act Labs pedal set and shifter in my apartment. That and, well, I'm not sure I really want to bother dialing in a nice setup since I might be moving out of my place when the lease is up.

How well does this game play with a PS3 controller? Is it playable like at the level of Gran Turismo 6 / Forza Motorsport 5? I would consider those two games are very playable with controllers IMO. I'd hate to drop the cash to buy this game, only to not enjoy it because I can't keep the car on the road with a controller!

---

Le Mans chat: On Youtube, there's dedicated video feeds from the contingent of Prototype cars being fielded by the Nissan team - including dedicated on-board cams!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Which 360 wheel do you have?

If it's the OG wireless 360 one from Microsoft, it doesn't work with this game. No FFB (they never made FFB drivers for Windows) and there's a giant 30 degree deadzone that you can't eliminate when you use it with this game.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

It's definitely playable with a controller with some settings tweaks. I played it that way for a while until I dug out my 360 wheel.

It's just more fun with a wheel.

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
I haven't got a PS4 controller, but it's definitely playable with an XBone controller. These are the settings I use:

steering deadzone = 10
steering sensitivity = 10
throttle deadzone = 10
throttle sensitivity = 40
brake deadzone = 10
brake sensitivity = 30
clutch deadzone = 10
clutch sensitivity = 45
speed sensitivity = 65
filter sensitivity = 35
ffb = 100
input mode = 3
advanced = on
dampening = on

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I keep trying to squeeze in Le Mans laps today.

loving responsibilities.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here's mine

steering sensitivity - 35 or 40
deadzone - 5
gas and brake deadzone - 0
speed sensitivity - 70
control filtering - 60

controller mode 3

Works really well for me.

:siren:
any of you ps4 dudes wanna race lemans today? GT 1 or GT 3?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm down. I'm out and about dealing with bike things, but I'll be back in an hour-ish. What length race we talking here?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Maybe like 5 laps?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Word. I'd be down for a few more maybe 8ish, but whatever I haven't had a chance to race (sober) in a few days so I'm jonesing.

Also playing this game drunk is ridiculously difficult, now I understand why drinking and driving is a bad idea, not to say I thought it was a good or acceptable idea before. Delayed reaction times and clumsy articulation make it practically impossible. What's your psn? I'm dog_nougat

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

dog nougat posted:

now I understand why drinking and driving is a bad idea

:confused:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Like fully understand. I knew it was a bad idea before, but trying to drive a video game car at the limit really illustrated how much alcohol impairs your abilities

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

idgi, driving drunk is fun and better

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

dog nougat posted:

Like fully understand. I knew it was a bad idea before, but trying to drive a video game car at the limit really illustrated how much alcohol impairs your abilities
I did a test where I would do laps of Laguna seca, and when I passed the finish line, I'd take a drink of bourbon. I went faster to begin with, and then poo poo went south.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bird_law111

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

xzzy posted:

If it's the OG wireless 360 one from Microsoft, it doesn't work with this game.

Well poo poo, that's exactly the wheel I have. :(

---

Glad that the game works well enough with a controller. I have both XBone and PS3 controllers, so I'm sure between the two, I can find a good solution. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Falken posted:

I did a test where I would do laps of Laguna seca, and when I passed the finish line, I'd take a drink of bourbon. I went faster to begin with, and then poo poo went south.

This is why I stick with weed when I'm sim racing. There's not really a falloff point for me other than sleep.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Pretty much impossible to keep tires warm on Le Mans.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't know if there's a le mans thread floating around, but goddamn did Fox Sports' coverage go from awesome shitheap in a hurry.

Had a pretty great web stream going all day off their website and in about the past 30 minutes it turned in a "lol you're not authorized to watch this jerk" crapfest. Then I finally get it working again and it's constant commercials and Corvette dashcam.

I used to think you guys were cool. :mad:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Yeah I gave up on it and we went and saw The Avengers again.

The amount of people there for Jurassic World... :stonklol:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Wait, there's an actual 24 hour race of actual Le mans? poo poo. I need to get a Le Mans run in. Maybe with the new paid DLC for this game.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

widespread posted:

Wait, there's an actual 24 hour race of actual Le mans? poo poo. I need to get a Le Mans run in. Maybe with the new paid DLC for this game.

It's the only reason anyone has ever heard of the track because it's the best race ever.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

xzzy posted:

It's the only reason anyone has ever heard of the track because it's the best race ever.

Obviously it's not gonna be like Monaco crazy where everyone's getting red flags by sheer accident every single race, but I can imagine the last few hours being intense.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
On the subject of Le Mans, freedom seeking to liberate France once more from the tyranny of Germany's cars.

I hope we get both street and Le Mans in PCars by this time next year.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Is it normal for LMP1 cars to keep bottoming out at Le Mans? I have the ride height set as high as possible but it loves to make horrific scraping noises as I go along Mulsanne

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Poison Jam posted:

Is it normal for LMP1 cars to keep bottoming out at Le Mans? I have the ride height set as high as possible but it loves to make horrific scraping noises as I go along Mulsanne
Well, considering the speeds, the uneven surfaces and the levels of downforce so high they may as well be on Jupiter... yeah, I think they are going to bottom out a bit.

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Poison Jam posted:

Yep, in the footage from yesterday (especially going into the evening) sparks were flying out from under the R18s and 919s.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

widespread posted:

Obviously it's not gonna be like Monaco crazy where everyone's getting red flags by sheer accident every single race, but I can imagine the last few hours being intense.

The last few hours are incredibly intense. Watch the documentary, Truth in 24 Hours. It covers the most successful years of Team Audi and their rise to become one of the most dominate LMP1 teams in the race.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The last few hours are incredibly intense.

Which Fox sports decided they didn't feel like streaming anymore. Because why would anyone want to watch the end of 24 hours of racing. :downs:

I hate fox sports so drat much, anything that isn't nascar gets the absolute bare minimum attention. Their motogp coverage is absolutely atrocious.

co199 posted:

Yep, in the footage from yesterday (especially going into the evening) sparks were flying out from under the R18s and 919s.

Specifically, when they move over a crest in the road. The mulsanne straight is a public road most of the year and has a high point to assist in drainage like most public roads do. So when the LMP cars move over it.. pretty sparks.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
why did this patch break my ability to actually keep bindings saved? :sigh:

edit: you're supposed to just say "gently caress it" and accept that it resets your choice every time so you just rebind everything to what it brings up, but last time i tried that it wouldn't accept my pedals, so i couldn't do the work around. just tried it again, pedals got bound so now im kind of not so pissed off any more.

OhsH fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 14, 2015

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Just got this on PS4 after I found out they would support my wheel. Loving the go carts so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabfriend
Oct 12, 2010

NO

Day Man posted:

Just got this on PS4 after I found out they would support my wheel. Loving the go carts so far!

The carts are a blast, although I'm finding it hard to transition from the carts to cars just due to how responsive and zippy the carts feel.

• Locked thread