Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I like how Rosemaster got a massive power boost before this battle but so far all she's done is use status effects on the party

Good thing the Hocus Crocus didn't go to a boss with attacks that actually deal direct damage, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, gonna tap out for a while and leave this chapter in the pot to finish cause the pacing is making these sort of moments annoying to read.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Masked Almond's Revenge

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
Is it just me, or is the flower in her hair glowing ominously bright?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, gonna tap out for a while and leave this chapter in the pot to finish cause the pacing is making these sort of moments annoying to read.

Are you ever not a humongous baby in this thread

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Lord_Ventnor posted:

Technically a Flower:
Almond

FTFY.

(:ohdear: still)

inverts
Jul 6, 2014

BuhamutZeo posted:

Not just you. At the very least, it's being used as a symbolic focal point. Could be something more to it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

BuhamutZeo posted:

Rosemaster is using her power over flowers to make Almond see Carrot as a 'villain'.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I am probably just bad at visual comprehension, but I can't quite make out what's happening in the last panel. Did she actually attack him, or is he just jumping back as she draws her sword?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Apraxin posted:

I am probably just bad at visual comprehension, but I can't quite make out what's happening in the last panel. Did she actually attack him, or is he just jumping back as she draws her sword?

He's falling backwards and there are drops of something drifting in the air. Also look at the angle of her sword and her stance.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I Cannot Believe that the Cowardly Sir Carrot is Going to be Brutally Murdered by Almond's Own Two Hands Before He Can Even Read the Lost Letter from His Beloved Princess Parfait

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Suaimhneas posted:

I like how Rosemaster got a massive power boost before this battle but so far all she's done is use status effects on the party

Good thing the Hocus Crocus didn't go to a boss with attacks that actually deal direct damage, huh

Well, she is a fan of convoluted plans, after all.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Suaimhneas posted:

Status effects are the most powerful spells. If your enemies can't do anything, you've already won.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I'd like to say that I called it! (sorta)

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Male Man posted:

Status effects are the most powerful spells. If your enemies can't do anything, you've already won.

If they land, which they always seem to when the boss is using them

loving Dragon Quest 9

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
Wait a second...did Rosemaster use the crocus to absorb Glitchmaster? :psyboom: Cause suddenly I see GM's theme applied with RM's style ever since that.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

BuhamutZeo posted:

Wait a second...did Rosemaster use the crocus to absorb Glitchmaster? :psyboom: Cause suddenly I see GM's theme applied with RM's style ever since that.

Glitchmaster's "theme" is the comic's code and art actually becoming corrupt and falling apart.

Rosemaster DX has just added Noir lighting.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

life_source posted:

Glitchmaster's "theme" is the comic's code and art actually becoming corrupt and falling apart.

Rosemaster DX has just added Noir lighting.

Meant color scheme. GM's color scheme is melding with Rosemaster's style. Even the word bubble styles have merged. Glitchmaster's word bubbles had a bright tron outline, and now Rosemaster's do too, but much more subtle color contrast than before.

edit:VVVVVVV

the wildest rear end posted:

Glitchmaster's color scheme is blue, not red, though.

e: On further inspection, Glitchmaster's color scheme seems to be "whatever she feels like at the moment"

And when RM used the Crocus on Glitchmaster, it was very very red. :)

edit2:

Fourth panel. Looks drat near identical to me.

BuhamutZeo fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 8, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Glitchmaster's color scheme is blue, not red, though.

e: On further inspection, Glitchmaster's color scheme seems to be "whatever she feels like at the moment"

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 8, 2015

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
Big pile of what-ifs incoming:

What if Glitchmaster's main power is simply that of something akin to illusions?
What if, on Caboodle's flying saucer, GM's attack as NK wasn't a display of power, but a physics trick? Cosmo surely sabotaged the saucer during his time on it, the gang couldn't even use the controls. I don't think GM crushed them with her overbearing might, but simply sent a command to the saucer to suddenly accelerate upward at full thrust. This would also explain why the saucer ended up being high enough to be eaten by the Sun.
What if Rosemaster absorbed this power with the Hocus Crocus?
And what if the giant wooden sculpture turning into RM is also an illusion?

Almond might have simply tripped and the lightningroot was part of the illusion. What is most telling is Carrot not reacting to a giant moving Rosemaster Sculpture even though it is within full view of him. All he is reacting to is Almond finding him and he's trying to compose himself to give out an explanation. He even asks her if she's listening, not "What the hell is that?!" or a "OH MY GOSH!".

Or maybe I am putting too much thought into Silly Bunnyman Land.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

"What the--? Poison?!" "Well... what can I say? Every rose has its thorn..."

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/606965737341657088

New page!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Wherein Almond showcases her cooking skills, with an impromptu Carrot pancake.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Scary Eyes :stare:

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
Carrot can't even get owned right.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

lmao @ tweet

PleasingFungus fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 11, 2015

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just got the email from Kickstarter asking me where I want my three books shipped. :woop:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

IUG posted:

I just got the email from Kickstarter asking me where I want my three books shipped. :woop:

to me please

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Three-page update today! Well, an atmosphere page, then a two-page spread. It's good!

It looks like the Nightmare Knight is trying to encourage carrot to redeem himself. Doesn't he know? Doesn't he know about Carrot?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nightmare Knight is a good friend

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
He knows Parfait isn't going to stop simpering until she gets that reply.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Nothing annoys the Nightmare Knight like people who make knights look bad, especially since his own success rate is kind of terrible.

Presumably Double Night sees something of himself in Carrot, since we have a knight who's stopped trying and a knight who's actively sabotaging himself. Together, they fight crime!

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

Nothing annoys the Nightmare Knight like people who make knights look bad, especially since his own success rate is kind of terrible.

Presumably Double Night sees something of himself in Carrot, since we have a knight who's stopped trying and a knight who's actively sabotaging himself. Together, they fight crime!

A buddy cop spin off featuring Carrot and Nightmare Knight would be the best thing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

JuniperCake posted:

A buddy cop spin off featuring Carrot and Nightmare Knight would be the best thing.

Parfait is their boss.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

JuniperCake posted:

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Parfait is their boss.

e: Added in a tie, because every put-upon police chief needs a tie to loosen when the mayor is breathing down their neck and demanding results

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 17, 2015

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

oh my god

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thank you.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Bless you.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.