Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Can I just say that whoever thought this was a good idea is a genius.
Everything that reminds me of hotline miami is good in my books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm very glad of this. Chicken was my least favorite character entirely because of her active.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Anyone else find that the Bandits shoot more often and more accurately after this patch?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Beat the throne for the first time in 39 hours. Then instantly died on 1-1 while I was thinking "huh, laser crystals on 1-1? Awesome!" Then one of the exploding things from laboratory blew up in my face.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy goddamn, I've never tried YV with the super crossbow but his alt-fire is a total monster. You can kill almost anything in the game in one hit :stare:

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

CJacobs posted:

Holy goddamn, I've never tried YV with the super crossbow but his alt-fire is a total monster. You can kill almost anything in the game in one hit :stare:

YV + Throne Butt + Super Plasma Cannon does enough damage to kill the final boss until you've looped 8 times.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Thanks Internet posted:

YV + Throne Butt + Super Plasma Cannon does enough damage to kill the final boss until you've looped 8 times.

This owns. You only have enough ammo to do it if you have throne butt though right?

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

Thanks Internet posted:

+ Back Muscle

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Xenogenesis posted:

+ Back Muscle

Oh right. Interestingly, scarier face doesn't really matter (it only gets you an extra loop) and laser brain only makes the projectiles bigger, they don't do any extra damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I have learned three things.

1. There is nothing keeping robot's regurgitate super skill from making you barf an endless chain of guns that restores all your health and ammo and may eventually give you a golden weapon
2. It is hilarious when this happens
3. Getting a golden weapon on a character who already has one appears to overwrite the old one, which sucks. But in this case I am totally fine with my robot's barfed-out golden bazooka replacing a golden wrench.

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
Plasma weapon damage is a function of the plasma ball size; Laser Brain keeping plasma balls larger for longer *does* increase the damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just had my best run ever and I don't know how I'll beat it. Somehow it was without either of my crutches plutonium hunger and rabbit paw, but strong spirit must have saved my life 20 times.

The energy sword is unbelievable when you have laser brain and long arms, which I hardly ever get but should probably use more often. I found a super plasma cannon for the first time and just having fired it once, I really wish I didn't have to save energy for the sword because goddamn. I kind of wish the final game has some kind of chaos mode that starts you with loop settings because there's tons of content that you'll never see if you don't loop, but it's amazing.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
...yo, I literally just screencapped this.

I'm pretty sure we died on the exact same level, both as robot.
Were you also on the daily just now?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

7-1 in today's daily is one of the worst dick levels I've ever seen. Goddamn.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The jackhammer doesn't seem that popular(or at least, I see people passing it up fairly often) so I recorded this quick as a demo because it's one of my favorite weapons.

please try it out if you don't use it normally it's so fun to just mash left click and run at things

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

The jackhammer doesn't seem that popular(or at least, I see people passing it up fairly often) so I recorded this quick as a demo because it's one of my favorite weapons.

please try it out if you don't use it normally it's so fun to just mash left click and run at things

I think it's because it's range is tiny and it runs off explosive ammo.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, but it also allows you to just walk through bullets

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Jackhammer owns because it is a super fast hitting melee weapon (and I believe it benefits from Long Arms? I might be wrong there). And even though it runs on explosive ammo, that's actually a pretty ok thing since if you don't have Boiling Veins it gives you an option for using all that explosive ammo you may have without blowing yourself up.

Also getting two of them with Steroids is like playing a Fist of the North Star character and it's awesome.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
I always ditch the jackhammer out of habit but Ill try it next time it drops. Anyone played much chicken since the latest patch? I cant seem to not play as robot or YV so havent tried the new active yet

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Brasseye posted:

I always ditch the jackhammer out of habit but Ill try it next time it drops. Anyone played much chicken since the latest patch? I cant seem to not play as robot or YV so havent tried the new active yet

New active is fun as hell but the range seems a little inconsistent to me. Also her new throne butt is "Throwing a weapon deflects projectiles" and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I feel like a better idea would have been "Weapons boomerang slightly". Not sure if that would make it OP though (but then again Plant still has their Throne Butt so...)

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I wish the throne butt was "thrown weapons bounce back and can be caught" Or maybe you can catch them already, I didn't really try. But it would be fun to play wall ball with the tougher enemies.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
YV + Throne Butt + Eagle Eyes + Triple/quad machinegun is the best shotty in the game, fwiw

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

The jackhammer is

It's also nice when you're havin chats with Lil Hunter.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
did it again tonight but w/crown of blood

too much fun.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

crown of blood best crown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMQeSmjE1SE

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Everyone probably knows this but if you get a lightning pistol with Steroids, pick that thing up. It's basically a Lightning SMG and if you like the Lightning SMG then you won't be disappointed. Managed to get to the Throne with one and an auto-crossbow (and then died horribly because good god I cannot dodge today.)

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I got to Lil Hunter while starting Crown of Blood on Melting and I didn't get a single defensive mutation. He almost instantly stomped on me.

God I hate Lil Hunter.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The boss is still a horrible luck-based run ender and needs to be redesigned completely.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Lil' Hunter would be okay with a slightly larger spawn delay and some logic to make him spawn only in a wide area. Lil' Hunter dropping in on you when you're in a tunnel is a death sentence.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
but wide areas are like the hardest place to fight him in. lil hunter dropping on you in a tunnel is 100% the best as long as there is one bend or piece of cover, at all, or if you have hammerhead.

also I have a new best on a daily

It probably won't be #1 but I'm happy with 3354. Especially without back muscle

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

IronicDongz posted:

but wide areas are like the hardest place to fight him in. lil hunter dropping on you in a tunnel is 100% the best as long as there is one bend or piece of cover, at all, or if you have hammerhead.

also I have a new best on a daily

It probably won't be #1 but I'm happy with 3354. Especially without back muscle

drat, and I was pretty happy with my 2 loops at 1439 kills. I made an effort to do the daily every day this week and I was definitely feeling better with my runs by the end of it. This game does a really good job of making you feel accomplished when you're playing well.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
How is rebel nowadays? Haven't really played since like, feb and thinking of gitting gud at this again.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

Now THAT'S desperate!

Nalesh posted:

How is rebel nowadays? Haven't really played since like, feb and thinking of gitting gud at this again.

I played a bunch of rebel this week and I think she's in a pretty good place. The changes they made to how much allies cost (1 for the first, 2 for all after that) mean that it's efficient to always have a buddy, but that once you get into the later game you can build up larger armies, like you could pre-nerf, only a bit more fragile. It also means that both A and B ultra's are good.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Lil' Hunter is great, and is the best boss in the game hands down.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This game is $13.
This game is not on sale.
I just bought a game I probably won't like much for $17.
I really want this game.

My brain is the broke.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
Lil' Hunter is mostly fine except sometimes he just dashes into you after landing, which as far as I know can't be avoided and is almost certainly an instant death. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to happen and I really don't know why he does contact damage at all.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

This game is $13.
This game is not on sale.
I really want this game.

My brain is the broke.

Nuclear throne will never be on sale until it comes out of early access. That could be 6 months. Or a year.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I really miss chickens slomo.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I would recommend just buying NT, yeah.

Nalesh posted:

Not quite as powerful but still very good. First ally is cheap so you usually wanna have one out, and whenever you're at an odd number(besides 1) of HP and don't have an ally, you might as well spawn one even if you're right about to go down because you'll recover up to the same amount.

I still basically play robot all the time though. eating gold weapons feels so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

I really want this game.

You're in luck, Steam refunds are now a thing.

• Locked thread