Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Drove to Georgia where a guy from craigslist hooked me up with a tiny Asian tranny for $80

Wait...

I love your storage grid. Got to keep your tiny Asian CL trannies organized!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Pugs?

Pugs!

Sorry for the crappy photo, it's the best I have at the moment.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

mariooncrack posted:

Pugs?

Pugs!

Sorry for the crappy photo, it's the best I have at the moment.

I dunno, man. Check the sticker in the driver's side front door. The one on the left looks a little under inflated.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Hmm. I think my boost gauge may be broken. The gauge won't rise past 1PSI. I made a couple pulls and the car feels and sounds fine with the power it normally does. I checked hoses, the intake to TB coupler as well as reseated the TB and nothing fixed it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Today was a good day at work. We had our grand opening and a bunch of old pre-war cars showed up. And 2 radio stations since another O'Reilly's store was having their grand opening and the radio people got confused. They didn't want to make the hour drive to the other store, so they just hung out and chatted with us till 1. :toot:

All I could get were terrible potato quality phone pictures taken on short breaks from working on the front counter to go on deliveries.

EDIT: We also had a very strange catte try to visit us in the store earlier this week. He was very angry and kept hissing at people.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 13, 2015

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

CharlesM posted:

Dogs don't feel shame.

Oh no, they definitely do. I got my old dog Bender a sweater that matched mine, and he looked pretty ashamed to be seen wearing a matching outfit with his owner.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
You know you've developed A Reputation when they end up with a load of aluminium chequerplate from dismantling access platforms at work, and it just gets dropped off on your driveway without you even asking about it.

Bape Culture posted:

I FUCKIN LOVE DOGS
drat right.

I think this may actually be the first time I've agreed with your taste in something...

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 14, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

I think this may actually be the first time I've agreed with your taste in something...

:laugh:

Wait until he tells you that he breaks his dog's legs so they heal sticking out at a 25" angle.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

Oh no, they definitely do. I got my old dog Bender a sweater that matched mine, and he looked pretty ashamed to be seen wearing a matching outfit with his owner.

I DEMAND you do this to your current dogs.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

LE MANS

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
http://girlsnotworkingoncars.tumblr.com/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just got run off the road on my way home. Dude in a truck blasted past me then jumped into the lane, slammed his brakes and turned right. I turned left hard, car spun in the rain and I ended up in the ditch. Alignment is hosed. Hands are shaking.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

It's...it's beautiful

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Delivered to a house with a pretty sweet looking Vette out front (they said it was an 07). I commented on it.

Then she started talking about their 64. :stare:

"Would you like to see it?"

:stonklol: Why yes, yes I would. Around to the garage, and... turns out they have a 64 and (I think she said) a 65. The 64 is a driver - restored and a thing of absolute beauty, but not numbers matching or original, just built to be a reliable cruiser that also happens to turn heads (has the correct engine/trans combo, just not the originals). The other wasn't there, but I was told it was a numbers matching car that mostly gets driven to shows.

Turns out the husband is the president of one of the local Corvette clubs, and the wife is the treasurer. Hopefully I get to deliver to them again, and maybe the other Vette will be there too. :swoon:

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

The pictures alone are hilarious, but the captions really sell it.

Adding "Spanner: length of my torso" to my tools wish list.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Our parking lot at work is getting to be pretty AI.

Just among the delivery drivers, there's two 2015 Fiesta STs (one black, one charcoal, otherwise nearly identical) and a 2013 5.0 Mustang. One of the managers has a 2013 V6 Mustang that he's dumped a bit of money into, but he's getting ready to trade it in for a 2015 5.0.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Arriviste posted:

The pictures alone are hilarious, but the captions really sell it.

Adding "Spanner: length of my torso" to my tools wish list.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Just got run off the road on my way home. Dude in a truck blasted past me then jumped into the lane, slammed his brakes and turned right. I turned left hard, car spun in the rain and I ended up in the ditch. Alignment is hosed. Hands are shaking.

poo poo, dude. Glad you're all right at least. Good luck dealing with the insurance company.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

You spun out? Bunta is not pleased :colbert:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

some texas redneck posted:

Our parking lot at work is getting to be pretty AI.

Just among the delivery drivers, there's two 2015 Fiesta STs (one black, one charcoal, otherwise nearly identical) and a 2013 5.0 Mustang. One of the managers has a 2013 V6 Mustang that he's dumped a bit of money into, but he's getting ready to trade it in for a 2015 5.0.

That vehicle lineup is like minimum_wage_19yo_male.txt right there. First job, buy a new car on finance... They'll probably be trashed in a year too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

You spun out? Bunta is not pleased :colbert:

Tires are nearing the end of their life and it was raining pretty hard. Had I not spun out of the lane I would have eaten his bumper for dinner.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just giving you poo poo man. Probably a good time to invest in some new tires.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sadly I'm not running quite the high level set up but I'm getting there. Phone streaming not included cause I needed to take the pic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Just giving you poo poo man. Probably a good time to invest in some new tires.

They still have some life so I planned on it over the winter. Gonna have to bump it up a bit since I'm DDing it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Turned out really nice and was a super fun build. VW Camper will have to be next.

I built one of these, it was far more fun than I expected. I've had a VW Bus sitting in a box since my birthday last year, just haven't had time to sit down and crank it out.

No words. Should have sent a poet.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

Rhyno posted:

I DEMAND you do this to your current dogs.

Turbo is a hellion and she'd never sit still long enough for me to wrestle a sweater onto her.

My dog trainer has told me to ignore her when she's acting like a nutcase, so I'm currently hiding under the covers in bed while she pants and paws on the other side of them trying to get me out so she can chew on me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This doesn't seem right does it? Sudden battery issues on my S5 but the Internet says it's a common fix. I did watch the reserve at 100 at 11am unplugged, and at 12:30 when I walked out I had the pleasure of checking the time to watch 38% life click down in one jump to 8%

No unusual browsin activities, noise, heat, etc. Just out of the blue the capacity went lol nope

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

This doesn't seem right does it? Sudden battery issues on my S5 but the Internet says it's a common fix. I did watch the reserve at 100 at 11am unplugged, and at 12:30 when I walked out I had the pleasure of checking the time to watch 38% life click down in one jump to 8%

No unusual browsin activities, noise, heat, etc. Just out of the blue the capacity went lol nope

Unless you can't live without the pre-installed news and weather widgets, I'd disable Unified Daemon (EUR) if you haven't already. Might try Greenify to hibernate unnecessary background processes, too. Doesn't take much in the way of setup and does a great job compared to other apps that claim to save battery life.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My brother made a post on reddit and it's the top thing on the front page. I don't do reddit or understand how it works and he doesn't either. I wonder if his post will become a meme.

:staredog: > :catstare:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
That looks more like the signs of a bad battery, not anything an app is doing.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Just got back from watching Jurassic world and it's pretty sweet. I'd definitely recommend it, pretty solid movie, Chris Pratt is great in it, and it was very enjoyable.

E: also had some fun with a Porsche cayenne turbo on the way home and absolutely spanked him. Owner's eyes were wide open, he definitely didn't think my little Subaru would pull away that fast. drat those things have to be heavy, if the wiki is to be believed they have ~490 to 520hp (pretty sure it was a 2010+ model, although the intricacies of Porsche model years is sometimes lost on me) if it's the first gen then 440hp worst case. Having a sleeper is fun.

It was a little bit of friendly red light fun on an empty expressway, before somebody jumps down my throat about it.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 14, 2015

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.

mariooncrack posted:

That looks more like the signs of a bad battery, not anything an app is doing.

I'd totally agree, except a couple of days before I installed Lollipop, wiped the phone and card, and reinstalled everything one-by-one, I had some app going apeshit on the battery with wake locks. Every once in a while I just think a bad update on an app rolls out and shits the bed.
:iiam:

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

14 INCH SLIT posted:

This doesn't seem right does it?

I charge my S5 every other day at most so I would think that is very not normal. Reboot the phone at a minimum.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

angryhampster posted:

My wife's coworkers are planning a surprise baby shower for her tonight at our place.

Plan is to get her out of the house for Jurassic World at 4:15 and tell her we've got dinner reservations afterward. I will conveniently forget my wallet and tell her we've got to go back to get it before dinner. I've never been a part of a surprise party before..kind of exciting, and she doesn't have any idea.

What if she goes "Oh its cool I got dinner"?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

:perfect: drat that is the correct way to watch a race. I'm slumming it with the three screens.

Wide awake at 5:30am on a Sunday morning. Yup time to wash cars before the sun comes up. Fresh bottle of Sonax to clean the basketweaves and peeled (WD40+pressure washer) the plastidip off the VW wheels yesterday morning.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Huh. I just found out someone I deeply respect is coming out as transgender. Despite the gay / lesbian people I know that's actually the first TG I have ever personally known.

Kinda cool really. I'm learning a bunch of things about the transitioning process from her that I never suspected.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jun 14, 2015

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Cage posted:

What if she goes "Oh its cool I got dinner"?

It actually worked out really well. I knew the wallet thing would work because we always use my card for the points. We pulled up the driveway and her coworkers had hung a balloon on the mailbox, and my wife said "are there a lot of people in our house right now?" :3:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Elmnt80 posted:

EDIT: We also had a very strange catte try to visit us in the store earlier this week. He was very angry and kept hissing at people.

That is a very cool catte

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

InitialDave posted:

You probably can't afford a back forty over here, and it'll take six months of shooting and a letter from your mum to get a 30-06, but you can have a pickup truck.

God save the queen :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

CATTE

• Locked thread