Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lmao a lot of people are going to gently caress up the dragon punch input and fall to their deaths. this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The livestream makes a lot more sense now because Ryu is complex for a Smash Bros guy and they will want to explain how he works to more casual players

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i cant wait to fight bad for glory ryus

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am super mad that you've all abandoned the real Roy so quickly.

#NotMyBoy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

He swipes a circle around himself with his sword instead of dashing forward across the stage. When he hits someone it's the same effect as Marth's, though.

Roy is the not-ike fire emblem sword man who will save us all

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

sharrrk posted:

lmao a lot of people are going to gently caress up the dragon punch input and fall to their deaths. this owns

You can also do it with Up-B, it's just not as powerful.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Sakurai did it

he made me excited for the worst FE lord

Seriously though 119% damage on a fully charged neutral B that is awesome

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

You can also do it with Up-B, it's just not as powerful.

yeah i know, but people are going to go for the dp and miss and die

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm disappointed about Akira being relegated to a Mii costume but at least his costume is unquestionably superior to the others.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Goddamnit Sakurai, you could do this drat Nintendo Direct earlier. I assume Lucas will be available AFTER the direct. Which starts Monday morning.... at 00:40 in Australia.

I just want to play as Lucas and battle my Amiibo online. Oh and get heaps more DLC characters. Except Roy. He's loving awful.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i hope you all know that the ryu and roy leak were all intentional for the real surprise taking place at the smash direct in the few hours.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anime Curator posted:

i hope you all know that the ryu and roy leak were all intentional for the real surprise taking place at the smash direct in the few hours.

The Chrom reveal is going to be crazy.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just found out about Ryu. And I had to hear about it from the PYF Weird Fanart thread.

Thanks PYF.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Ryu is boring and lame. When are we getting a cool fighter, like Ken?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Chrom reveal is going to be crazy.

Replace Chrom with Rey Mysterio though

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Aston posted:

Agreed:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I still want Zero from Mega Man X though. :smith:

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

So do I. :(

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I also kinda want that Viridi chick from Kid Icarus. I have no idea what her moveset would be, but she's got moxie. :3:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's pretty much a three-way-tie between Viridi, Hades, and Medusa when it comes to who would be next in line from KI. I can't choose, they're all good and cool.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Smash brothers is the first fighting game were Zero is bottom tier

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's pretty much a three-way-tie between Viridi, Hades, and Medusa when it comes to who would be next in line from KI. I can't choose, they're all good and cool.

Yeah. It's a tie between which one we throw in the trash.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

mabels big day posted:

Yeah. It's a tie between which one we throw in the trash.

Maybe you should be thrown in. I love all three equally.

Also, Hades is wonderfully hammy, so he should be the next DLC character

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My greatest fear right now is that Roy and Ryu were not planned to be a big "surprise" launch, and instead Sakurai is going to tell us they launch in August or something.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

jivjov posted:

My greatest fear right now is that Roy and Ryu were not planned to be a big "surprise" launch, and instead Sakurai is going to tell us they launch in August or something.

Yeah I suspect they aren't launching three characters at once, but I admit it would be pretty cool, if they did.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Aston posted:

Ryu exclusive only in Japan. Ken is exclusive in the United States only.

The rest of the world gets Dan Hibiki.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah I suspect they aren't launching three characters at once, but I admit it would be pretty cool, if they did.

I'd even be okay if it was "these guys come out in a couple weeks"...I just don't want a huge delay when the characters are pretty obviously feature-complete.

That said, I don't think they'd put the entire character-data set in in a patch if they weren't planning on launching the characters really really soon.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I hope they do put them out pretty fast, because I've got some buddies who enjoy smash coming over soon and it would be a great thing to surprise them with.

Pankratos
Dec 26, 2009

YOU DEFEATED

Discount Viscount posted:

Any opinions, feedback, or help with the math of how to cram this into two hours is greatly appreciated! Just have to get things nailed down to prevent a disaster caused by flying completely by the seat of my pants..

For 25 people in 2 1/2 hours, keep it single elim, best of 3, 2 stock, 6 minutes. I don't think you need to fiddle with damage ratios or time, matches will rarely take the full 6 minutes.

As for stages, I like copying the Apex ruleset for the most part. For the 1st match, each player bans one stage from this list:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

They then play on whatever is left over.

The winner of the first match bans 2 stages from the following list:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Halberd

Which leaves the loser of the first match 7 choices. You can trim some of these down if you wish for simplicity (most people hate Lylat, Delfino, Castle Siege, and Duck Hunt).

Finally, I don't allow people to re-pick stages they won on. So if it goes down to game 3 and P1 won on Battlefield and P2 won on Halberd, those stages cannot be selected again for game 3. You can remove this rule if you want to make it simpler for kids to understand.

If some of the people bringing setups don't show, you can try single elim, best of 1, 3 stock, with a smaller list of selectable stages.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
2-3 more of your choice

Players do Rock / Paper / Scissors to determine who goes first, and they ban stages one a time until 1 is left.

That's all my tips, good luck you goon.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I'm going to guess DLC pack with all three of 'em for both 3DS and Wii U for like $10, to be made available after or even during the presentation.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I wonder if they were planning on revealing Roy and/or Ryu at Evo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I wonder if they were planning on revealing Roy and/or Ryu at Evo.

Seems a bit far away.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
When's the presentation? I woke up earlier than I wanted, can I go back to sleep

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TheKingofSprings posted:

When's the presentation? I woke up earlier than I wanted, can I go back to sleep

In one hour and forty minutes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I heard that mewtwo was going to be a dlc fighter

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Hades is the clear choice but he'd be better as a full stage. Running around his giant rear end self with hands occasionally coming out to grab at you while he talks poo poo the whole time. If they were gonna add another they'd probably make it Pyrrhon.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I think he's one of the new Mii costumes if that helps.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Hades is too big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I think he's one of the new Mii costumes if that helps.

That's the design from the MM Zero series, not the original MMX design.

• Locked thread