Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
: You boys shoulda known every 4-way I'm in is fatal, 'cuz I'm always killing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The match might not have been canon, but Palpatine quickly established he is in fact the ultimate shitheel by immediately turning on his tag team partner in the battle royale.

Sorry, Starkiller :allears:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yup. In my clearly sober state is was considering actually calling that but decided not to.

Junpei Hyde posted:

What kind of amiibos is Loki offering here? If he's packing Villagers and Wii Fit Trainers, I may be persuaded to help him out...

Oh, also Lucina. Gotta get all those FE characters before If comes out.

Fun fact, I actually found a Marth the other day.

If you know Loki at all you know that he always has all the amiibos. He may not readily tell you so in order to play up the rarity of them. I mean some of them are pretty rare but he's a legit businessperson and he knows how to sell poo poo. Especially special moves of his opponents.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Schir posted:

Match 4: Loki vs. Danaru (flaming tables)
Winner: Loki

Awww that's what I get for missing it :(

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

If you know Loki at all you know that he always has all the amiibos. He may not readily tell you so in order to play up the rarity of them.

Loki's great. I ordered a Lucina amiibo from him and he's only charging retail price.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

: You see stars as you crash into the hard ring, enraged by the dubious act wrought by the ringleader. You feel a presence rising from your subconscious. Roll a d6 to confront your suppressed fears.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

BFC posted:

: You see stars as you crash into the hard ring, enraged by the dubious act wrought by the ringleader. You feel a presence rising from your subconscious. Roll a d6 to confront your suppressed fears.

: Okay. How'd I do? It looks like a really average confrontation of suppressed fears, but I'm not sure.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Schir posted:

Plot 3: IGgy stares at Aurora's boobs and insists that he isn't. Also he's interviewing Aurora. The chat votes to have Aurora fight Divine Coffee Binge in the Pay Per View for the Kawaii Title.

Awww, you guys! That is totally amazing of you all, thank you, chat! I think this calls for a celebration. And to celebrate, I brought coffee. Lots and lots of coffee. Some of it is even for people that aren't me! Hey, did you guys know that if you take caffeine pills and crush them up into powder and mix them in your coffee you can hardly taste it at all? Or anything else, really! Seriously I haven't even slept since Eeevil defeated me and it doesn't bother me at all! Like, I don't even like to look at a bed right now, that's how awake I am! Here! Have some! You'll like it it's awesome HAVE SOME COFFEE

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

13.06.2015 - I forgot what happened in this one - Losers Pick Fights, Winners Abate (courtesy of Pyroi)

Next week we'll have the semifinals and the title match at THE PAY PER VIEW called WALL OF GOLDEN STUFF.
It'll be a little bit of a longer show compared to the others so far because it's TOTALLY A BIG EVENT???

I might not be able to make as many or any CAWs due to that but I don't know yet.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Do we have an LP Superstar #1 contender for the PPV yet?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I should clarify that I am simply doing this for FINALLY GETTING MY HANDS ON THE LAST AMII- er, ethics. Plus I get to be to a detective and that's just cool, man. Maybe I should get myself one of those Sherlock Holmes hats; I'm obviously too cool for a fedora but that might just be it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Do we have an LP Superstar #1 contender for the PPV yet?

I was gonna hand it to Punchy so he can have a rematch but he didn't really prove himself to be a worthy contender anymore I think.

gently caress it, let's just do a poll. It'll probably end up in a tie because everybody is voting for themselves but I don't care. I'll just roll dice in that case.
Who gets to fight Nuffkins for the LP Superstar Title next show?

The wrestlers are in the order I made them, they're not sorted by bias. Even though it may seem that way.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 14, 2015

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014

I voted for Nuffkins. Yes, that is a choice there. Let's make it happen, everybody.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Palpatine's intro is amazing. Holy poo poo. :staredog:

QC looks like an actual wrestler. He looks pretty cool too.

Today was a great day! I won another match and I got Fruitsniffer to sign my petition! Man, this feels like a dream come true! Now if only I can get more signatures...

Big Scary Ow is an excellent name for a finisher yes, I want that please.

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 14, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

<-- Vote for this evil motherfucker.

Win or lose, at least you'll be in for one hell of a show.

EDIT: Wait, if Nuffkins wins the poll, does that mean he has to fight himself?

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 14, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Schir of The Grays, The Elders send their regards. We hear that you have also been menaced by the Neko-Detective recently. We propose an alliance, as the Neko might be getting too close to unearthing things that should stay beyond mankind's knowledge. We'll show him that it can be unwise to ask questions.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

EDIT: Wait, if Nuffkins wins the poll, does that mean he has to fight himself?

Yes.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: Sure, it may have been a dark match and I may not have won, but I got two people out of the ring and I got to wrestle! Man, being in the LPFWA is awesome.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I am fine with the way the poll is going, because the PSP TEW Monday Night Wars thread was gonna do a clone Hogan storyline but it was dropped.

That being said I was gonna vote for Nuffkins, but Jumpy intervened and made me vote for myself because, and I quote:

"We need to show that dumb baka gaijin the real super power of true Nihongo Puroresu! May the votes of true believers in Kawaii and our Sugoi Techniques bring the gold home to glorious Nippon! ^_^!"

...No I don't know how she can pronounce an emoticon. She is truly terrifying. That being said, a title would be kinda nice.

"That's the spirit! Now, be sure to tune in next time, for our thrilling season finale: Nuffamania VS Animania: Loving Passion Flares With Anger! Goodbye, and may you all have a Kawaii day!"

Junpei Hyde fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 14, 2015

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

If it ends up in a tie you know it has to be a three way match between two Nuffkins and the other winner.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I voted for Nuffkins on the grounds that Interruptor Jones shows up in the middle of the match.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Lesson I should have learned during the first broadcast of this incarnation: Never add a joke option unless you want them to go for it. They'll even claim they want the champion to be determined by rolling dice until you convince them a tournament is cooler (It's still technically dice rolling because that's how the game rolls).

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Watching you try to count chat votes in the replay video (as I had RL commitments Saturday), I'm wondering: did you know Hitbox lets you create polls? You could let it do the counting that way.

E: also, could we maybe have more music audio next week? The second time someone pointed out there was no music, I realized I hadn't noticed.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 15, 2015

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

FredMSloniker posted:

Watching you try to count chat votes in the replay video (as I had RL commitments Saturday), I'm wondering: did you know Hitbox lets you create polls? You could let it do the counting that way.

E: also, could we maybe have more music audio next week? The second time someone pointed out there was no music, I realized I hadn't noticed.

I dunno, if we're not noticing the lack of music for that long, wouldn't that imply that it's not really necessary? Seems like skipping the music would save IGgy a little work. Between the commentary and the regular match audio, I don't think we really need a third layer of sound to enjoy the proceedings.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

EclecticTastes posted:

Between the commentary and the regular match audio, I don't think we really need a third layer of sound to enjoy the proceedings.

Weeeeeell, that's the thing. I'm not entirely sure we even have a second layer of sound. The LP commentators are very very loud and the other audios are very very not loud, to the point where if, halfway through, they just muted the game entirely, I'm not sure I'd notice. I, personally, put more value on music than on man-smacking noises, but on reflection I think the real problem is that the commentators need to bring their audio down a lot.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Noted. I'll yell at IGgy to set up the audio levels right for Saturday.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
To be honest, I'm often curious what the game's ringside announcers are saying about the matches, but it's probably more generic than I'm imagining.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

Weeeeeell, that's the thing. I'm not entirely sure we even have a second layer of sound. The LP commentators are very very loud and the other audios are very very not loud,

the commentators need to bring their audio down a lot.

Man, this is kind of weird to read, because the game audio is SO LOUD when IGgy isn't talking. Like, when IGgy left right before the second non-canon match last stream, the audio was blasting to the point where I couldn't hear Nuffkins at all. We were yelling at each other because we literally couldn't hear each other otherwise.
It might be better to have IGgy not send the audio the way of the commentators. Have it be like most other streams, where co-commentators can't hear the game's audio at all.

FredMSloniker posted:

did you know Hitbox lets you create polls? You could let it do the counting that way.
Yeah, that's an option if IGgy remembers. Failing that, I could create a straw poll or something and link that in the chat when it comes up.

Schir fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 15, 2015

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Schir posted:

Man, this is kind of weird to read, because the game audio is SO LOUD when IGgy isn't talking. Like, when IGgy left right before the second non-canon match last stream, the audio was blasting to the point where I couldn't hear Nuffkins at all. We were yelling at each other because we literally couldn't hear each other otherwise.

You probably should turn off volume auto adjust in Skype, then. That may fix the problem. I have no ducking whatsoever enabled because I was never a fan of it.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

EclecticTastes posted:

To be honest, I'm often curious what the game's ringside announcers are saying about the matches, but it's probably more generic than I'm imagining.

watch any episode of vgcw and you will hear every line they have to offer

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right guys, I've closed the poll, the Nuffster will not fight himself. But Emperor Palpatine. It was close though.
I'll post the Match Card for next Saturday right now, because there's a thing we're doing for every PPV. And that's betting!
We're using this google sheet here to make it easier. Of course, bets will be locked shortly before the show starts so you can't edit them as things are happening.

The prize for whoever wins this little betting game will be a steam game worth 20 € in the German steam storefront. (some games, very few, are only available in German, some others are censored. Others still aren't even available. If you pick such a game I'll let you know before making a purchase. Of course).
Normally I wouldn't spend 20 bucks on this but this is a special show. It's the Wrestlemania equivalent and the first PPV. Future PPVs will either have me spend less or completely different types of prizes (I can't think of any, to be honest. Maybe an avatar gift certificate or something, I dunno)

Also: Please don't be dicks and edit each other's bets because that would be a pretty big dick move and I don't appreciate those. If this is a thing that keeps happening this betting thing will become invite only, meaning you'll have to hand me your google+ account so I can easily check who does bad edits. But for now I hope this additional step won't be necessary. But hey, here's the match card!

#1 Semifinals - Last Man Standing
Sterv vs. anilEhilated

#2 Semifinals - Inferno Match
Loki vs. Big Scary Owl

#3 The Star Wars Extended Canon Match
Galen Marek vs. Dash Rendar

#4 The Annual Schir vs. IGgy I Quit Match!
Schir vs. IGgy

#5 Co-Commentary Title Bout
Beyond Face and Heel (Face and Midnightlight) (c) vs. Anti Anime Aggregation (Lazyfire and Immortan Joe)

#6 BFC is pissed at IGgy because of some lost eye and a shirt. No DQ
Talcott Cargo vs. IGgy

#7 LP Superstar Title Bout
Nuffkins (c) vs. Emperor Palpatine

#8 Kawaii Title Bout
Aurora (c) vs. DivineCoffeeBinge

#9 The LPFWA Title Bout
Winner of Match #1 vs. Winner of Match #2

Since the tournament will be officially over after this show I'll be able to more easily book matches with new guys or people we haven't seen that much yet.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 16, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Sterv, eh? Sticks and stones may break my bones, but dick punches - oh, dear.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Apparently chrome won't let me edit the sheet on my phone, so if someone could be a pal and add my stuff, it's appreciated:

Match 1: 1, other
Match 2: 1, other
Match 3: 2, sub
Match 4: 1, sub (assuming quitting counts as a sub)
Match 5: 2, pin
Match 6: 1, pin
Match 7: 1, pin
Match 8: 1, murder (AKA pin)
Match 9: 3, sub

Also bonus prediction, someone's gonna pull a Hacksaw Jim Duggan and find the Pokeymanz belt in the trash, leading to a storyline where the mods attempt to close his thread take his title for not checking it over with them first.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

Apparently chrome won't let me edit the sheet on my phone, so if someone could be a pal and add my stuff, it's appreciated:

Match 1: 1, other
Match 2: 1, other
Match 3: 2, sub
Match 4: 1, sub (assuming quitting counts as a sub)
Match 5: 2, pin
Match 6: 1, pin
Match 7: 1, pin
Match 8: 1, murder (AKA pin)
Match 9: 3, sub

Also bonus prediction, someone's gonna pull a Hacksaw Jim Duggan and find the Pokeymanz belt in the trash, leading to a storyline where the mods attempt to close his thread take his title for not checking it over with them first.

I believe I put your stuff in right.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I believe I put your stuff in right.

Thanks!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Also if the mods want to take the Pokeymanz belt they'll have to fight for it... IN THE RING!

(as a joke you could give the mod stand-in max possible stats and see if that helps them any)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Also if the mods want to take the Pokeymanz belt they'll have to fight for it... IN THE RING!

The Pokeymanz title is actually based off the old WWF hardvore belt, so is defended 24/7. So it can change hands anywhere, anytime, as long as you beat the champ.

Hopefully this leads to two dudes fighting IRL for a fake video game belt.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

Hopefully this leads to two dudes fighting IRL for a fake video game belt.

Okay, if two people actually decide to do that and film it I'll make it a thing. I don't know how yet but I'll do it.

E: Yeah, I'm basically done writing all the major stuff for this upcoming show. Having to actually record and edit cutscenes sucks. I wish I could do everything I'm doing next week in the in-game editor. It's not even amazing stuff. Just chaining cutscenes together without loading times.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 17, 2015

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

:

Face! Midnightlight! Bow before Lord Humongous and maybe, just maybe I'll spare you like I did to the Wales Outlaws. But I probably won't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

:

Face! Midnightlight! Bow before Lord Humongous and maybe, just maybe I'll spare you like I did to the Wales Outlaws. But I probably won't!

You should be delighted to hear that I've arranged the show in such a way that your match will happen outside of story mode. This allows me to actually use team entrances. Now I only need to make good team entrances.

• Locked thread