Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

TF Eccles posted:

I let my old account on OGS die, and created a new one for some reason I can't quite remember - I think it was something to do with password recovery being difficult if you have more than one account registered to the same email address, or some such.

Can I get my new account (seamus_android) added to the OGS group?

done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I found my very first go game :o

i remembered my old, expired username on kgs when i played for like a month in 2011 before forgetting about it for a few years, and my games are still on the archive!

element c was still there, too...

http://eidogo.com/#3PQpggBlK

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know where i went wrong in this game. the guy was playing like a lunatic and i lost by 20 points still. . . help

http://eidogo.com/#tutf3dea

Shadonra
Oct 16, 2012
You played like six 0-point moves between move 82 and 100 while he played actual endgame, so he caught up. Aside from that, play less 3rd and 2nd line moves in the opening when it's obvious your opponent is going moyo, or it's going to be a sad middlegame for you

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i think i need to figure out when the endgame starts

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

uranus posted:

i think i need to figure out when the endgame starts

Move 200. Always.

Shadonra
Oct 16, 2012
That's not really it, you need to look at a move before you play it and ask "does this move do anything". Unless it's clearly microendgame already then making 5 points and doing nothing else counts as "not anything", and connecting two alive groups does too.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Shadonra posted:

That's not really it, you need to look at a move before you play it and ask "does this move do anything". Unless it's clearly microendgame already then making 5 points and doing nothing else counts as "not anything", and connecting two alive groups does too.

No I'm fairly sure it's move 200. I'm talking Japanese rules, at least

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005
when i was at the beach the other day, there was a goony looking guy there with a really long rat tail wearing a Go shirt, and he had a cute girl with him. no scenario has ever been more incongruous.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
it was me

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Whistling rear end in a top hat posted:

when i was at the beach the other day, there was a goony looking guy there with a really long rat tail wearing a Go shirt, and he had a cute girl with him. no scenario has ever been more incongruous.

Was it Hikaru

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Trying to quit smoking, so I went ladder crazy at work yesterday and joined like 40 groups ladders and started 100 games.
If I can just fill my life with Go completely there will be no time to smoke.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
sounds like a good plan to me. replace one addiction with another.

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

man i'm getting dicked on in this tournament.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Please add me to ITGO and the OGS group as psiduke. Haven't played in a while and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.

WuChou
Aug 28, 2002

Cosmic.

Rated PG-34 posted:

Please add me to ITGO and the OGS group as psiduke. Haven't played in a while and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.

Got you on ITGO

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Same for me on OGS. Please add me (same username).

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Everyone's added!!!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
join the tournamentttttttttt

IMlemon
Dec 29, 2008
I'll join it if you invite me, lemonsss.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
haylee is back!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

add me on ogs (luft)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
more people shoudl hang out in the SA chat room on ogs

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

Condiv posted:

add me on ogs (luft)

added. alley cat is an ibm classic!!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what are the chances that any of you go goons lives in the seattle area and wants to play me? go goon meetup would be sweet

Whistling Asshole
Nov 18, 2005

uranus posted:

what are the chances that any of you go goons lives in the seattle area and wants to play me? go goon meetup would be sweet

i'm in seattle. we could play some time

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
sweet, i live in auburn, whereabouts do you live? we should meet up somewhere. email me at thrdeyeopen@gmail.com if you want

Wilitus
Mar 3, 2008
Lucien, lucien you should know.
I'm a big dumb idiot and as such I want to get invited to the SA group on OGS.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ughghg god damnit im so sick of being ahead by like 30 points then losing to crazy end game tactics anyway. why cant i not suck

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT
I want to play go but I can't get kgs to work. I can't use chrome can I? Does anyone want play with Tabletop Simulator? I was playing with my brother earlier and it worked well except we got confused by the rules and he got bored. Should I try to install kgs in firefox?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
online-go.com

dont need to install anything

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT
Oh thank you. I'll try that. Does anyone here play with tabletop simulator? It's a unique experience.

BoredMarc
Jun 14, 2010
DUMB AS SHIT
I just lost 3 times against the computer. At the end of the last game the computer controlled every single space on the board.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
O_O

check this out http://senseis.xmp.net/

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Guys maybe I've had a few too much to drink but can I just say I'm really happy to be playin' with all of you right now

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

giogadi posted:

Guys maybe I've had a few too much to drink but can I just say I'm really happy to be playin' with all of you right now

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

BoredMarc posted:

I just lost 3 times against the computer. At the end of the last game the computer controlled every single space on the board.

I think oiseaux did that to me on a 9x9 when I was new. I almost did that to someone else on a 19x19. Just means its an uneven fight in some capacity. Can you add handicap stones?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

so uranus and I completed a pretty good game (by my standards anyway). Anyone want to offer a review?

https://online-go.com/game/2237313

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
irc://irc.synirc.net/itgo
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.synirc.net/itgo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010