Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dirt posted:

I think we are gonna need another double xp weekend to makeup for this downtime and damage to the economy.

I guess somebody has been farming the hell outta this on red for months, +80k plat per day

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1933160&postcount=27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Hexel posted:

I guess somebody has been farming the hell outta this on red for months, +80k plat per day

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1933160&postcount=27

That should of been us! Fungis for everyone!

That's pretty crazy though. Are people going to get banned over this?

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Siets posted:

Lot's of lowbie goons in their teen levels playing right now on Blue! You know you want to join! :getin:

I spent about an hour last night deciding which class to make and then just gave up. I'll start tonight I think. Waffling between bard, ench, shm and SK. Played a monk back in the day but I'm not sure I want to go down that road again.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Quite A Tool posted:

I spent about an hour last night deciding which class to make and then just gave up. I'll start tonight I think. Waffling between bard, ench, shm and SK. Played a monk back in the day but I'm not sure I want to go down that road again.

Monk was fun for me for a longass time then it got to be painful around level 55 so I retired his rear end and am playing both and ench and a shaman right now :unsmith:

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Well easily the most fun I ever had was splitting mobs and chain pulling for groups with my monk, and tanking poo poo during the hilariously broken era. But I feel like if I'm going to do it again I need to give something different a shot.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Im also seeing reports that npcs move faster now and you cant get away from them just by strafe running anymore.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Hexel posted:

Monk was fun for me for a longass time then it got to be painful around level 55 so I retired his rear end and am playing both and ench and a shaman right now :unsmith:

make a bard, learn to swarm kite, and hit 50's at lighting speed. then farm stuff with it and make the monk you want when you have platinum.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
I have never had the opportunity to own a fungi on live. Hoping to one day here. Unfortunately I choose the worst class for farming solo (Rogue).

At say level 55 how much plat per hour could you grind solo realistically? I am guessing it is chump change compared to doing a mediocre job trading in EC?

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
Raptors in TD definitely seemed faster, I was sowed and should have been strafing in a wide enough circle but they caught me and wrecked me.

Eptar fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 12, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Ramulack posted:

I have never had the opportunity to own a fungi on live. Hoping to one day here. Unfortunately I choose the worst class for farming solo (Rogue).

At say level 55 how much plat per hour could you grind solo realistically? I am guessing it is chump change compared to doing a mediocre job trading in EC?

Pretty much. Unless you want to do the EC thing, your best bet to get a fungi as a rogue would be to make an rear end-shaped impression at King camp and hope your rolls don't suck, or do other high value camps like crypt/emp and hope you scrape together enough items to pay for one (or get lucky and snag Torpor or something).

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Because I am OCD, I really want to complete the Ivy Etched Armor set for my ranger alt. I just acquired the tunic, which makes for 5 of 6 total pieces in my collection.

Those drat boots though... :argh:

Here's the deal with the boots. You need to make a Bar of Ronium. This is why nobody does the quest and why nobody is ever selling the boots in EC tunnel. Ronium is a biiiiiitch. Per the wiki, to produce a Bar of Ronium, you need to do the following:

P99 Wiki posted:

Obtain the mold from Lord Searfire [Dwarven Smith], in the Temple of Solusek Ro. He must consider you amiably before he will deal with you. To raise faction with him you can either hunt the shadowed men or you can give gold 30gp at a time (very expensive) to an Erudite NPC in the Southern Desert of Ro until he cons amiable to you. Once your faction is high enough return to the Temple of Solusek Ro, and hail the Dwarven Smith and then say "What Ronium" and then he will give you the sol cauldron, and then he will tell you the ingredients that you must acquire to make the metal ronium.

The ingredients to make Ronium are the following:

-Melatite (Dropped by MB and MC Clockworks in Solusek's Eye aka Sol A) sometimes you can buy this from the gnomes in Sol A because many players sell them to the NPC's. This will prevent you from taking any faction hits with Ak'Anon

-Two Bars of Enchanted Platinum [side note] you can buy the Platinum Bars in the upstairs of the Blue building in North Freeport, then hire an enchanter of at least lvl 34 to enchant the bars for you using their enchanter's enchant platinum spell

-One Mistmoore Granite (Pieces of Mistmoore Granite can be found on Fouting Gargoyles, Jeering Gargoyles or Leering Gargoyles in Mistmoore). The granite is a rare drop off the Gargoyles outside of the castle, but is a common drop on the Gargoyles inside of the castle.

-The Sands of Ro (from Sand Giants in the Oasis of Mar)

-The Soil of Underfoot (Get from the Priestess Ghalea in the Kaladim cleric's guild for 4 fairy dusts [need at least amiable faction for this], you can raise your faction with Priestess Ghalea by turning in skeleton bones (lot and lots of them), to Gunlok Jure an NPC dwarf in the paladin's guild in North Kaladim. Also remember not to kill faeries because you will need good faction with them later to complete the Epic quest to Enchant your Trueshot longbow into the Raincaller. I would advise buying the Fairy Dust or hiring another character to kill the fairies

Once all of the ingredients have been obtained place them in the cauldron and hit the combine button and you will get one bar of ronium. You do not need any blacksmithing skill to combine these.

So, I already have the Melatite, the 2x Bar of Enchanted Platinum, the Mistmoore Granite, and the Sand of Ro. The ONLY thing I don't have is Soil of Underfoot which is no drop. Mostly because gently caress dwarves. These little nuggets have the worst possible ways to gain faction. No easy turnins if you are KOS to them (I'm Iksar.) If I wanted to get my dwarf faction to the point where I could do the turnin to get Soil of Underfoot, I would need to kill nearly 1000 orcs in Crushbone (much to the chagrin of the many newbies there I'm sure) just to get non-KOS with Storm Guard. THEN I would have to hunt Orc Slavers for endless days to farm their keys to do the Slaver Keys turnin quest to get my Kaladim Miners faction up. ONLY THEN can I actually turn in piles of bone chips to the dwarf paladin guild master and get my faction high enough to be amiable where I could turn in the 4x Fairy Dust to get Soil of Underfoot.

:suicide:

So here's my plea to someone. I don't want to grind that dwarf faction. I will trade you all of the items you need to do this combine for me. All I need you to do is to have these three things:

• Your character is a good race or by some other miracle has non-KOS faction to dwarves.
  • Amiable or better faction with Temple of Solusek Ro duders so that you can get the sol cauldron from Lord Searfire. (If you've ever killed a bunch of shadowed men, you should have the faction already.)
  • Mistmoore Granite from the gargoyles in Mistmoore. This item is also no drop, but is a common find off of the gargoyles in the castle. Very easy to acquire
  • 4x Fairy Dust for the Soil of Underfoot turnin to Priestess Ghalea. (I can help acquire these too if need be.)

I can provide everything else. Then you just click combine and give me the Bar of Ronium, I turn into the ranger dude in Kithicor to get my boots, and I can die a happy man. I can front some platinum for this or basically whatever. Just remember, FasionQuest is real and this is a Very Important Post. :v:

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
what's your char name? I'll be on my wiz (Malidus) on blue tonight running around a bit, if I'm not grouped I'll have no problem porting over and helping out.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm Xeirak, 53 Iksar Necromancer on Blue. Much appreciated!

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
That iksar cab farm spot, was being done on and off on red for over 5-6 months. millions of plat farmed. Know one of the enchanters who took 2mil plat total and he didn't do it as much as others. Its pretty stupid honestly, the plat needs to be removed but they have already bought up all a bunch of big items(~5 tstaffs were bought for 180-200k, atleast 3 manastones 130k of note) alone, not to mention how much of this plat was dropped on other stuff like cof/fungis etc just to get rid of it and spread it into the playerbase.

ANYWAY, For those on red that were playing with <God's Work> from blaze/slamdunk/fresh etc about 8 months ago. We are all playing again, all of us are in <good guys> for the most part, slaying dragons and getting exp/vp keys etc. Looking for those dozen or so core members we got and put bard epics, tstaff monk, donal bp clerics that just quit afterwards. Post up here on the forums or look for Penthesilea in game if you are back playing again, or if you aren't playing just so we can get a headcount of those dedicated players that poofed and even the casuals we had. <Good Guys> is basically to topple empire down and hopefully form up into a even better guild after we get it sorted out. Right now its made up of the other ~5 guilds that weren't Empire.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Is there intense competition for planar trash on blue? Guild I'm in seems convinced that's the case, I find it hard to believe.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Started an enchanter. Remembered why I didnt play casters. Now I have a bard named Coverband and I'm having a blast. The level up ding still elicits a pavlovian response after all these years.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 14, 2015

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Quite A Tool posted:

Started an enchanter. Remembered why I didnt play casters. Now I have a bard named Coverband and I'm having a blast. The level up ding still elicits a pavlovian response after all these years.

I made that ding the notification sound on my phone. Now, whenever I get a text and I'm out in public I can instantly tell who the other nerds are. It's like a can opener for cats.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Inimicul posted:

I made that ding the notification sound on my phone. Now, whenever I get a text and I'm out in public I can instantly tell who the other nerds are. It's like a can opener for cats.

This is brilliant. Must replicate. :awesomelon:

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

a real jerk posted:

Is there intense competition for planar trash on blue? Guild I'm in seems convinced that's the case, I find it hard to believe.

Fear and Hate trash are still farmed pretty regularly by the more casual raid guilds, which is actually really healthy for the server as it gives new players a way to get some gear (and old players gear up alts), but I wouldn't exactly call it "intense competition". The guild I'm in has one scheduled planar trash raid a week on average, and there's typically an "unofficial raid" or two as well to either Fear or Hate. Sometimes someone else has cleared a plane before a raid so we do something else instead.

Inimicul posted:

I've got the OG Deus Ex infolink sound as my notification for the same reason, but the ding sound is even better!

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 14, 2015

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

All I got for Christmas was this shitty custom title.
Is <Unknown Guild> still a thing? I've /who all Unknown multiple times and I've never seen anyone on. Is the goon guild under a different name these days? I'm returning after a 5 year hiatus. If any of you were around circa 2010 I played a magician named Veemith.

Anyways, I'm playing a barb shaman named Itfergs. Let me know who to send a /tell to for an invite.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I remember you man, and there's a couple other old dudes still kicking around as well. You gotta do / all 'unknown guild', and yes, it's still a thing. I'm usually on my characters that aren't tagged UG but if you want an invite I can hook you up.

EDIT: There's 6 goons logged on blue tagged UG at this very moment.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 14, 2015

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

Yep. My own stupidity. I wasn't searching /who all 'unknown guild'. I see you guys.

I'm on now if anyone can send me an invite.

Thanks!

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
"/ all guild" seems to work for me.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

a real jerk posted:

They are probably somewhat busy during popular play times, but if you pick a random time during the week during the day, they are probably empty of players.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

Siets posted:

"/ all guild" seems to work for me.

That command just returns all the members of the guild you're in - so yeah, if you're in UG already it works fine :p

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
lol some guy on p99 had a mental breakdown, attacked a woman and her dog with a mace :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y48ITnS1jk

Eptar posted:

Raptors in TD definitely seemed faster, I was sowed and should have been strafing in a wide enough circle but they caught me and wrecked me.

Movement speed on every mob in the game is broken right now. Some mobs can outrun my level 50 bard with selo's drum. DoT's are also not ticking the correct amount, which had the odd side effect of breaking every single offensive bard song in the game. There's no reason to even log in if you're a bard -- charm kiting is broken, fear kiting is broken, swarm kiting is broken, and you can't lull or mez for groups anymore.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah move speed is definitely bugged. There's some dude named Imslap from TMO who is often in the EC tunnels. He has a sword that instead of casting the buff it is supposed to casts SoW instead. That SoW though is actually some kind of bugged Super SoW and it makes you go blazing fast. Like an aggroed Petrifin kind of fast. He's cast it on me two times now and I can clear the entire West Commonlands zone from one side to the other in just a few minutes. It only works in WC though. As soon as you zone, it converts back to a normal low level cast SoW.

I'm not really sure what practical use this is other than that I find it hilarious to run around at that speed and I suppose you could kite whatever you wanted in WC with ease.

Earlster
Jul 28, 2006

So jaded I'm green.
Imslap cast it on me in Unrest and when I backed up from casting on a mob I almost ended up in the main room from the fireplace, insane speed.

Just started EQ a couple of weeks ago, used to play a Ranger on Karana server from launch until about 2002, having a go as a necro now and loving it.

Scrum
Dec 12, 2003

Steeks <3

Veemith.

Invite party time.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Ramulack posted:

I mained a rogue on Classic Live and... the only way I made consistent plat was /random loot group camps, tunnelquesting, or POP tradeskills. Solo plat farming as a rogue was tedious, especially without a fungi tunic.

Your best bet is to get lucky drops/rolls in a group, tunnelquest, or level a farming alt to solo plat for your rogue.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jun 15, 2015

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Earlster posted:

Imslap cast it on me in Unrest and when I backed up from casting on a mob I almost ended up in the main room from the fireplace, insane speed.

Just started EQ a couple of weeks ago, used to play a Ranger on Karana server from launch until about 2002, having a go as a necro now and loving it.

I started playing on P1999 this weekend. I used to play on Karana as well from 99 to 2003, I was a warrior in Wolf Pack, Combine and then Harbingers, who was your ranger?

Earlster
Jul 28, 2006

So jaded I'm green.
He was Ameron Wood Elf ranger, started The Silent Watch.

Never was one for alts, but had a 40ish necro called Tindalos.

Sarren
Apr 13, 2004
hi friends! gonna try getting in on this after not playing eq for like 15 years, in as a troll shaman named lakzz. i need to steal an invite at some point from someone!

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Ramulack posted:

There's plenty of stuff you can farm -- Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, Bracer of the Hidden, Goblin Gazughi Ring. MQ pieces as well. Goblin ring is my favorite since it sells for 6-7k and usually only takes a couple hours to get one.

Rogue epic MQ is also a good option but you may need some friends to help.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Do you play a tracking class to farm the goblin ring? I imagine it would be tough otherwise to round up all those listed mobs.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

It helps but it's not required. Just run around gathering up all of the mobs in the area and then kill them near the spawn points. If you don't see pops on the courier spawn points after 30 seconds, you missed a placeholder.

You can also just sit on the spawn points and kill anything that comes near. You'll eventually kill the placeholders as they roam back to those spots, takes a while though.

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I am going to give this game another try. I got burned out a few months back when I rolled an Iksar Necromancer as my first character. I didn't make it very far (Level 20). I feel like I made a mistake by making an evil race. Does anyone have a recommendation for a starting race or area?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Iksar Necromancers are the best and playing the game KOS to everything is the ultimate experience. :colbert: It's all about learning the secret passages and banker tricks and you can get by.

Buuuut if you must play one of the pansy good races, I suggest any of the elves and starting on Faydwer. Leveling in Greater Faydark is pretty fun. You can solo bats / rats / skeletons until level 4, then join an orc hill group until level 7 or 8, then progress onto Crushbone. Very classic newbie experience. Once you hit your teens you can make a bunch of money killing the bandit sisters in Lesser Faydark, and when those are camped you can find groups in Unrest. Unrest is a crazy place (trains to zone about every three seconds), but it has a crazy high zone experience modifier (ZEM) and will level you very fast. It's also a big haunted mansion and who doesn't love those?

The other newbie experience that I personally enjoyed was going either half elf or barbarian and starting in the northwest of Antonica. You can start in Qeynos or Halas and work your way from the newbie zones up to Blackburrow, which is basically the gnoll version of Crushbone. Fun newbie dungeon zone with good exp and gnoll fang drops that you can turn in for experience and loot to speed along the boring early levels.

Friend me Xeirak in-game and I'm happy to answer any newbie questions. We can also get you tagged in Unknown Guild too. Lots of goons are leveling in their teens and twenties right now.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Our PCs at work got switched to macs and as such I haven't logged into P99 in a very long time. How hard is it to get running on a mac nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe

khysanth posted:

Our PCs at work got switched to macs and as such I haven't logged into P99 in a very long time. How hard is it to get running on a mac nowadays?

I know nothing about Macs but there's a link in the second post about getting p99 to run on one. Maybe someone else can jump in who had personal experience, but I can't help with that.

• Locked thread