Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Vanguard Warden posted:

MTG has you pretty well covered on this front, in the form of any card with 'Aven' in the name.

These own, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Night10194 posted:

Speaking of, I'm running out of cyborgs for that and I'm coming up on needing tokens/pictures for a newer generation of biomechanical horrors. Anyone got any scary or unnervingly uncanny valley cyborgs?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thank you very kindly! Many of those will be perfect.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does anyone have any pics of cool crystal/rock people? Like shardminds from 4e.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

goatface posted:

Birdchaps with six limbs are weird. I don't know why that bothers me.

It's some anatomical uncanny valley poo poo. When you have wings just stuck on the back like that, it looks really weird, because they don't look like they attach in any reasonable fashion to the skeletal or muscular systems. Neither's particularly "realistic" from a flying standpoint, obviously, but wing-arms look much more natural because they don't look like they're held on with superglue.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

goatface posted:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tulul posted:

It's some anatomical uncanny valley poo poo. When you have wings just stuck on the back like that, it looks really weird, because they don't look like they attach in any reasonable fashion to the skeletal or muscular systems. Neither's particularly "realistic" from a flying standpoint, obviously, but wing-arms look much more natural because they don't look like they're held on with superglue.

I ran into a great breakdown all about this via Pinterest. Memolan from Deviantart has an entire series where he or she spergs out on non-magical winged humanoids and how to "realistically" incorporate the evolved structures that allow avians to fly to humans with wings on their back.

It's not pretty...

Yeah, that guy has some giant pecs. It's because he's got an extra set of pectorials for his wings over his human pecs.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

this I prefer

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Is there a database somewhere of MTG cards or card art in high rez?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

goatface posted:

It's really weird and confusing at first, but the way the birdpeople in Poppy O'Possum have little magical hands pop out of their wing-wrists is a pretty clever compromise between "how do they manipulate objects" and "what's anatomy."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Gus Hobbleton posted:

http://www.artofmtg.com/ is by no means exhaustive, but it's probably the best you'll find.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Not really, no. I just search google by card and/or artist name; sometimes the artist hosts their own scans, sometimes WotC used the image to break up one of their articles and they'll have a decently-sized upload, and many times there'll just be nothing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Expanding the horizons of gryphondom

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Haha! I like how they steadily get worse and worse conceptually.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Oh my god that last one is adorable.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Oh my god that last one is adorable.

They're all adorable. I know what I need for my dungeon now in the Dungeon Keeper RPG I'm in.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

This is my spirit animal

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Countblanc posted:

Does anyone have any pics of cool crystal/rock people? Like shardminds from 4e.

just found this:

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
These guys are less humanoid and more crystal, but try GISing Chmmr or Chenjesu from Star Control

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
I'm looking for warriors who have been through a lot out in the field, not clean shining armor types. Armor with field repairs and lots of grime. If they're giant-sized it would be a plus but anything of that nature thats not full-on barbarian would be cool. Anyone got something?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Anyone got any extremely cool maps?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This popped to mind instantly when I thought of 'a Warrior who's been through some poo poo.'

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nebalebadingdong posted:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Nebalebadingdong posted:

This is the semi-generic world map for the game I'm running at the moment. I think it's pretty cool, at least.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Scandinavia hasn't changed at all!

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Nebalebadingdong posted:

http://donjon.bin.sh/fantasy/world/ is a pretty cool tool if you need maps, especially if you just need a map asap for upcoming sessions because you are doing plane hopping or something. I don't know if the maps are "cool" though.

It makes maps like this:

You can do it with or without labels, grid, etc. If you note down the seed you can generate that same exact map with different options as much as you want. Like here is that same map but without labels and more hand-outey:

That site can generate all sorts of stuff besides maps too, for various kinds of games.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Grundma posted:

I'm looking for warriors who have been through a lot out in the field, not clean shining armor types. Armor with field repairs and lots of grime. If they're giant-sized it would be a plus but anything of that nature thats not full-on barbarian would be cool. Anyone got something?

When I think of characters who have been through poo poo, I think of the Souls games.

I've had surprisingly little luck finding art of characters that are obviously spellcasters, but heavily armored. Has anyone seen anything of that nature around?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Vanguard Warden posted:

I've had surprisingly little luck finding art of characters that are obviously spellcasters, but heavily armored. Has anyone seen anything of that nature around?

A few characters that came to mind:

Tevinter mages from Dragon Age

FFV's Exdeath

Zarum from Project Phoenix

Sayl the Faithless from Warhammer Fantasy (Chaos has lots of armored wizards, both in fantasy and 40K).

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

In the vein of armored wizards, I need some technowizards.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Night10194 posted:

In the vein of armored wizards, I need some technowizards.

RIFTS has you covered:

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Here, have some monsters with style:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Dullahan? No, Dulla-handsome.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've got a request: humanoids with mouse-like features. Not full-on ratfolk, but something closer to the asura from Guild Wars 2 (just less "sharkrat," I guess).

The reason is because in my current campaign, one of my players, who is playing a halfling, said that she just realized she's been imagining her character as something of a mouse person, but maybe not with a tail or with clawed hands or feet or anything. I kind of like the idea of halflings in this setting having rodent-like features. Every Google search I've tried is mostly just ratfolk, and if I try to search for "mouse person" or something, I just get lots of photos of people with (cute) mice.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
"Humanoid mouse" turned this up.

Edit: "human mouse hybrid" turns up some REALLY WEIRD poo poo :pwn:

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 13, 2015

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Dick Burglar posted:

On the Internet? You don't say.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dick Burglar posted:

"Humanoid mouse" turned this up.

I'm expecting some art from Over The Edge, which has a NPC that was a prostitute who belonged to some weird rat-curse cult thing that the more they sinned, they became more rat like. Her parents sinned enough she was cursed with a slight fur and a nubby tail and it's speculated if she ever carries a child to term, it'll probably be a giant rat.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The Witcher 3's Gwent cards seem like a pretty good source for character portraits: http://imgur.com/a/5waoM#186

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Slashrat posted:

The Witcher 3's Gwent cards seem like a pretty good source for character portraits: http://imgur.com/a/5waoM#186

These are very cool. Do you know who the artist is who did these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex monday
Jul 9, 2001

Pisk. Pisk. Piiiiiiisk!
Does anyone have any post apocalyptic lady warriors? Trying to find non-cheesecake stuff for a Battlebabe. Bonus points if there's a nautical theme but I'm pretty sure that might be impossible.