Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Pavlov posted:

They're also really tanky once you learn to spit and swallow right.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
You had my curiosity

Pavlov posted:

Your main single-target combo starts off with kind of a royal guard pull for instance, and your grab lets you poledance around their face.

Pavlov posted:

They're also really tanky once you learn to spit and swallow right.

Pavlov posted:

I have no idea how this works other than that if you click on someone's name you can offer to have your pets gently caress.

But now you have my attention.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

also thank you grithok and Dojo dogs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
crouching goon hidden weiner

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Hey Almond have you figured out anything about professions? I poked around in assassin and treasure hunter (?) but wasn't really able to do anything with them.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haroshia posted:

God I wish I looked like Freddie Mercury.

Unfortunately no I'm going to be dressed up in a tailcoat with a lovely tophat and a mask saying my vows in front of my normie family. Our invites said costumes encouraged, so I expect them to be in some random poo poo from Party City or something.

Basically it's going to be awesome. BUT this thread is about kungfu games. Let's talk about kungfu, and how Moonlight Blade is going to be the next Z ONLINE that we'll NEVER FALL FOR AGAIN.

Just remember the more ridiculous your wedding hat, the more important you are...

In other news im flying to Beijing tomorrow, and I am visiting Tencents offices there before I go on a nice big trip around the land of the moonspeak,
see you nerds in six weeks!

Oh, and I'll also be in Suzhou (Snails home Offices are there) If you'd like me to nail something to their door...

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Natalie_Luna posted:

Just remember the more ridiculous your wedding hat, the more important you are...

In other news im flying to Beijing tomorrow, and I am visiting Tencents offices there before I go on a nice big trip around the land of the moonspeak,
see you nerds in six weeks!

Oh, and I'll also be in Suzhou (Snails home Offices are there) If you'd like me to nail something to their door...

I am here too. How did they trick you into coming?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Pavlov posted:

Hey Almond have you figured out anything about professions? I poked around in assassin and treasure hunter (?) but wasn't really able to do anything with them.

Musician is easy if you can't read chinese. Upgrade your songs and buff yourself. Also, playing it once adds 1% proficiency, so if you wanna poopsock the song to perfecting immediately, i think you can.

I am playing hunter now. I am pretty ace at killing poo poo with mounted archery, but how on earth am i supposed to corral these cats into the trap so i can sell them?!

OH! Uh, hunters need arrows, and three other professions need consumables that you can buy in Hangzhou. If you can find the square with all the merchants, there are a bunch of dudes in a building in the middle. one of them exchanges stuff for those consumables.

Also, tang is really fun for pve. A large part of it is moving your doll strategically (it is like a machine gun so you gotta mount and remount it as the enemies move, but if you kite well it's not a problem). But i get so wrecked in pvp; i am not as good at this as i thought.

Almond Crunch fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 15, 2015

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Any idea what Assassins are supposed to do with their skills? Is it just the bounty board?

Also I discovered that you can in fact interrupt people when they're doing their daily meditation. Someone let loose three tigers that mauled all the afk people to death and could only be harmed by hunters. A+

Edit: They found some more.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jun 15, 2015

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

kznlol posted:

Can you airtank bosses

this is the only thing i will ever care about again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZYug_z8FCk

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
well, it's not airtanking, but it's close enough for me

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
So in MBO, Wudang got split into Zhenwu and Taibai, with Zhenwu getting all the good taichi and breeze skills from Wushu and it's still not considered the best school? Emei can actually heal in MBO.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
wait does that mean Taibai is "yin yang sword - the class"

[edit] ALSO IS FLYING HORSE IN THE GAME

kznlol fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jun 16, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

kznlol posted:

wait does that mean Taibai is "yin yang sword - the class"

[edit] ALSO IS FLYING HORSE IN THE GAME

Please no

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Actually Zhenwu is more like yin yang sword, at least thematically, with like one move from tai chi fist (but weaker thank god). Taibai seems more like breeze but closer ranged.

There is no flying horse.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 16, 2015

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Think the self-heals are obtained through unlocking and specing into certain meridians and all schools have access to the same meridian system. The only school with healspam are the all-girls school.

I don't actually remember what yin yang sword looks like too well but Taibai basically use an extremely aggressive rushdown skillset, sort of like scholar kicks but with a sword. They get a rage bar that they build up in order to use an ultimate ability that looks like the snow sword rage. They seem to have that one ability from Wushu that allows you to break out of combos. I don't know if every school gets that.

Zhenwu basically got a few skills from taichi fist, the ranged attacks from breeze sword, and the ability to make a shadow clone to combo attacks with. For instance, a Zhenwu can wait for a Taibai to rush them and then have their shadow use that one AoE taichi stun while they hit the dude from outside with breeze attacks. They get a resource system where they have to manage yin and yang. Some of their abilities generate yin and cost yang while others are the reverse. Seems like the playstyle is all about building up a lot of yang points since all the fun abilities use up yang.

Also it seems bosses are affected by CC.

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Pavlov posted:

There is no flying horse.

im out game is terrible

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

It wouldn't make sense, because MBO doesn't have a mana system. Heals are mostly a TianXiang thing.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
This new thing looks interesting.

On another note, I realized my HDD was very loving full and went to see why:

Age of Wushu installation size - 299 GB.

Thanks Wushu.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Evil_Greven posted:

This new thing looks interesting.

On another note, I realized my HDD was very loving full and went to see why:

Age of Wushu installation size - 299 GB.

Thanks Wushu.

It doesn't delete old patches or data from when you do repairs because it's a chinagame.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Haquer posted:

It doesn't delete old patches or data from when you do repairs because it's a chinagame.

The wonder of Wushu appears again

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

This thread needs some huge dongs

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Haquer posted:

How does that even

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
http://wuxia.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/5012/5013/5014/5016/m3486/201506/352636.shtml

Some kind of invitation event.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like what do they take the old game files and just name them CHINA.OLD, CHINA.OLD(1), etc every time you update? lol

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Eonwe posted:

like what do they take the old game files and just name them CHINA.OLD, CHINA.OLD(1), etc every time you update? lol

I meant the patching files

It downloads the 0.7.1 to 0.7.2.exe
then 0.7.2 to 0.7.3.exe

and then doesn't cleanup that folder

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Looks like it says that some servers are getting character creation disabled, but that level 51 and above players get to invite one friend each to join them in their server. Not sure if it gives them a key or just permission to use their key on the specific server. I'm 47 right now, but maybe I can try it in a few days and see?

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Haquer posted:

I meant the patching files

It downloads the 0.7.1 to 0.7.2.exe
then 0.7.2 to 0.7.3.exe

and then doesn't cleanup that folder

I am having weird flashbacks to the days of manually patching WoW.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

kznlol posted:

I am having weird flashbacks to the days of manually patching WoW.

When I played wushu I was still on 1.5mbit DSL. I prepatched several times and never really said anything about it other than the times we had like 2+gigs of patches in a single day then I posted here and told people how to get the patches. They're literally just .exe files you can run and point to your install and they patch it (the launcher does this silently)

E: This is from the wulin client, it does the same poo poo w/r/t not deleting old patches

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Kinda love the offline players... even if noone is left, a sense of presence and the past is always around.
Also playing Chinagame with Chinaping is aweful I don't know how Tang-Chao and HuatAh did it.

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 18, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

Also playing Chinagame with Chinaping is aweful I don't know how Tang-Chao and HuatAh did it.

By getting OP as poo poo sets that made ping irrelevant? :v:

E: And then paying people to play for them during Mt Hua

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I dunno back before I quit even if you had full ancient dog beating ping was still a big factor.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

kznlol posted:

I dunno back before I quit even if you had full ancient dog beating ping was still a big factor.

Dogbeating needed ping, ancient tai chi just needed a lucky connection with the through-block-knockback or just spam the rage because there's a good chance you can catch them not blocking due to lag differences.

(gently caress ancient sets)

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
I mean yes you could win with lovely ping by just catching someone in a double rage or something, but part of the reason Feedz was so dominant in hoohas was that he didn't have to guess on poo poo like that, and the server would register a hit on things before dudes with poo poo ping could even react to the animation they were seeing.

I was playing from Finland back then and I couldn't even beat poo poo Scholars because in the time between them actually casting a feint and me reacting to it I'd already had my block broken.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
MBO open beta on July 1st.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
China only still?

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
No region lock. Not even the CBT was region locked. There's only a citizen ID check but there are guides for getting past that.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Digital Decay posted:

citizen ID check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_etl_qkelX0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

This game was the best thing I ever bought at subway.

Same, RIP Chinagame, you were a very bad game that happened to be fun for awhile, then you weren't, and I literally paid for you with subway gift cards.

I started playing two to four days before we ditched our WV base so I got the full hobo experience. I can remember when we just started squatting in the Dongfang manor, the first TP we did I looked over and noticed Dongfang making GBS threads a few feet from us. Once I pointed him out then that was our base for the next month or so. Good times.

What finally got me to quit chinagame was once I had finally managed to bring myself to finish my fourth set, the fourth internal dropped a week or two after. I got five levels of it unlocked before I just couldn't take the grind anymore.

While there was a lot of goons being goons, myself very much included, I still had a very fun year+ playing this dumb, broken game with you all.

Well, that was my Wushu effort post, thanks for reading.