Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Scandalous posted:

*Geralt is drenched in torrential downpour* "Hm looks like rain"

*Geralt picks up Sturdy Barn Key* "Hm wonder what this opens"

Geralt I love you but you're not that sharp

I liked running the Dandelion quest where you're fake fighting him in his "masked avenger" outfit.

Geralt first says:

You are really ugly

Followed by:
You'll never learn.

I thought it was totally accidentally appropriate.

Also, why can't I light people on fire when boxing them. It's what the crowd wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Oh no :(

http://www.biztok.pl/biznes/tworca-wiedzmina-zlamal-prawo-cd-projekt-ma-klopoty_a21525

The creator of "The Witcher" broke the law? CD Projekt is in trouble

Google Translate posted:

Polish game developer CD Projekt briefly enjoyed a huge number of copies sold the third part of "The Witcher". This is how a listed company praised the results may infringe the provisions. This is a matter for the Financial Supervision Commission. Penalties in such cases can go into millions of dollars. The maximum amount is as much as the company's profit for the previous year.

CD Projekt Group is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since 2002. Linked to this is the fact many responsibilities. Above all the most important information on the activities they need to go through specifically designed for this channel - Electronic System for Information Transfer (ESPI). It provides equal access to information to all interested parties. In this case include holders of shares and potential investors.

On Tuesday, June 9, the company reported sales figures newest part of Witcher. Such a fact, however, there were no ESPI, and as it turned out, it caused an earthquake on the WSE.

The value of shares in a few hours grew by nearly 20 percent to 24.5 zł 20.32 zł. Thus, the market value of the entire company increased by 400 million zlotys.

After the reaction of stock investors can see clearly that the information given by the company was a "price-setting". What threatens to breach of the Act on trading in financial instruments? The penalty could reach up to 5 million. So much was "purely" earned the company the whole of last year.

Is the whole situation runs out punishment? KNF familiar with the case, but so far it has not commented. As we read in the portal Bankier.pl, CD Projekt Commission asked for clarification.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

GrossMurpel posted:

That doesn't really work though. The Hym only changes its target if the target feels actual, real remorse but it later turns out that the act they felt remorse for wasn't actually really bad.
Geralt knows Cerys will try some trickery poo poo, no way he really seriously thought he just immolated a baby.
Not to mention the guards he just slaughters because they're not main characters so who gives a poo poo right?

This guy here knows more about hyms than a witcher. Congratulations dude, time to start your own witcher school!

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

radiatinglines posted:

My girlfriend and I both have our own playthroughs, so that would be a lot of saves to write down, which is a stupid thing to have to do in 2015. We've just been cut/pasting our save files when we switch off, which is a pain. Though for you I doubt that is a problem, you horse's rear end.

Here's a tip that might actually be helpful for you: When making a manual save, go to your journal and select a quest and make it the focused quest. The savegame will have that quest as the name. I would suggest doing something like having all your saves be the gwent "Collect them all" quest, and have hers be anything else, to differentiate. I agree it is dumb, but there is your workaround.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

This guy here knows more about hyms than a witcher. Congratulations dude, time to start your own witcher school!

Yeah it's not like Geralt explained it to the player by proxy of Cerys.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Scandalous posted:

*Geralt is drenched in torrential downpour* "Hm looks like rain"

*Geralt picks up Sturdy Barn Key* "Hm wonder what this opens"

Geralt I love you but you're not that sharp

I hope I'm not the only one who hopes Geralt goes "Mmmm looks like my inlaws" when attacking drowners, and "mmm, bandits" when wolves attack.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
In the Tower Outta Noweher's quest, is it CDPR making fun of GoG, or making fun of DRM in general?

I have notice another bug but never mentioned it. Any time an NPC uses a spell, the spell effect lingers in one of their hands. Yennifer just lifted a curse off a guy? Her hand still glows with arcane energy as she gesticulates. Really distracting when it happens to all magic using NPCs.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Anyone know which vendor sells the quest for Masterwork Cat gear and Masterwork Bear, or is it random?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

In the Tower Outta Noweher's quest, is it CDPR making fun of GoG, or making fun of DRM in general?

I have notice another bug but never mentioned it. Any time an NPC uses a spell, the spell effect lingers in one of their hands. Yennifer just lifted a curse off a guy? Her hand still glows with arcane energy as she gesticulates. Really distracting when it happens to all magic using NPCs.

Making fun of DRM. CDPR owns GoG.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Can I save two different games on the same profile on xbox one?

Also I love this game. DOES ANYTHING HAPPY EVER HAPPEN IN IT THOUGH??!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I had to jump over a ravine but a harpy came swooping in at just the right moment to initiate combat and turn my jump into a headlong dive roll onto the crags below. :toot:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Where the hell do I find Aether?

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

casual poster posted:

You should be able to save different games....though whichever one you're on will overwrite your autosaves of course. I'm on Xbox too and all the saves kind of look the same. Haven't tried a new game yet but I can't imagine it would delete all of your manual saves.

And it's pretty much sad like 90% of the time. There are some good moments here and there. Though it's still a lovely, lovely world.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Where the hell do I find Aether?

I think you may find it once in a while....but you pretty much have to craft it. Check your alchemy tab. Should be one of the first ones on there.

Zoo06 fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 15, 2015

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
So, last game I picked up Triss's earring at Kaer Morhen, it gets put into into quest items. But I never actually got to use it. Is it one of those useless, flavor quest items or was it actually used for something?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

casual poster posted:

The happy moments are few, and a few are really good.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

casual poster posted:

Press X to hug your daughter.

Urit
Oct 22, 2010

What the heck? I'm guessing a possible MC Hammer reference here but I found these in Downwarren, so I'm not sure if it's just random loot or some joke I don't quite get.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

who the gently caress do i sell trophies to

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Caconym posted:

Hm. Radovids galley seems to have forgotten a little something in Oxenfurt harbour.

a mystery of harris burdick

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Urit posted:

What the heck? I'm guessing a possible MC Hammer reference here but I found these in Downwarren, so I'm not sure if it's just random loot or some joke I don't quite get.

CD Projekt knows when to give respect.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Silver_Pantaloons

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Urit posted:

It's a Baldur's Gate reference. If you imported a save that had some pantaloons from BG1, you'd eventually be able to make a special item in Throne of Bhaal.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

a mystery of harris burdick

Lambert has been squatting with a dining table in his chest for a week, starting to worry about him

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, my game is messed up:

If you get called out by Triss and Yen for your lechery, you need some things in your inventory in order for the quest to proceed: good wine. If you have those things when the quest starts, you immediately skip to the second step, Meeting Triss and Yen at the Kingfisher.

However, if you sell those items, the quest flips back to the first step, indicating you should buy them. Only, it seemingly doesn't matter if you do, as the quest is now stuck at that first step. There is no indicator on where these items should be purchased, and buying some of each type of wine doesn't let you advance.

Also Marquise Serenity is stuck fanning herself even though 1.05 was supposed to fix that, so I can't even complete qwent quests to kill time waiting for a patch.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
This is probably one of my top 10 favorite games of all time right now. Anyone else?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Top 10? Top 5.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

This is probably one of my top 10 favorite games of all time right now. Anyone else?

The only thing more impressive than the quality is the scale. It's absolutely immense and so far hasn't really waned in any way, nor has it started to feel like a single player MMO I just want to be done with, which would be a feat for a game half as large.

Flumpus
Jul 22, 2007
Considering The WItcher 2 is in my top 5, and the first is up there as well, this definitely will be I think. I'm "only" 50 hours in though, so I'll see how it wraps up (at some point), before saying for sure.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So I ran into some witch hunters burning Moritz Diefenthel. Who the hell is he, he seems to know me and that I killed Menge.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is there some way to beat ilmerith quickly? the fight seems to be taking me forever and its actually too boring to finish

edit: or a console command to kill/skip this god i have no interest in trying that fight again. its just soooo slow

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Madcosby posted:

Is there some way to beat ilmerith quickly? the fight seems to be taking me forever and its actually too boring to finish

edit: or a console command to kill/skip this god i have no interest in trying that fight again. its just soooo slow

It really isn't that slow. Most of the fight just involves you piroutte/dodging behind him when he starts attack (generally from the shield side) which means you'll easily flank him for free backstab hits. Also try to melt his frost armor with fire attacks (it gets refreshed with each teleport thought).

In the second phase just focus on dodging and wait for when he slams the mace into the ground for your chance to attavk.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Randomzx posted:

It really isn't that slow. Most of the fight just involves you piroutte/dodging behind him when he starts attack (generally from the shield side) which means you'll easily flank him for free backstab hits. Also try to melt his frost armor with fire attacks (it gets refreshed with each teleport thought).

In the second phase just focus on dodging and wait for when he slams the mace into the ground for your chance to attavk.

i just downloaded the debugger and "killall" them

the fight is slow. maybe my weapons suck but it literally took me 15 minutes of the same actions repeated ad naseum just to get him to phase 2, and then it slowed down much more because i could only get one attack in

so i just quit the game and found a shortcut. lame fight

in case youre curious, my strong attack was only doing 50-70 points of damage. The fight was taking ages, survival wasnt the issue, or figuring out the attacks

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

What level are you/weapons are you using? Playing on the second highest difficulty I seriously just dodged around taking my time on the last several bosses because killing them in 15 seconds would have been anticlimactic.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Caconym posted:

Hm. Radovids galley seems to have forgotten a little something in Oxenfurt harbour.

Keira had it wrong: the way to survive Radovid isn't curing a plague, it's making him a flying chair.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Currently level 32 and I've got a billion crafting materials, but I'm always short on Redanian alcohol for making the White Gull? super alcohol for the super amazing upgraded potions. Where the hell can I find a stack of 20?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Top 1 for me. I already loved the Witcher series since the release of the first game, even pre-enhanced patch. But this game takes every notion of what a game should be, and what it should sacrifice in terms of quality and turns it on it's head. It does everything it wants to do better than any game before it, to a large margin.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

EoRaptor posted:

Well, my game is messed up:

If you get called out by Triss and Yen for your lechery, you need some things in your inventory in order for the quest to proceed: good wine. If you have those things when the quest starts, you immediately skip to the second step, Meeting Triss and Yen at the Kingfisher.

However, if you sell those items, the quest flips back to the first step, indicating you should buy them. Only, it seemingly doesn't matter if you do, as the quest is now stuck at that first step. There is no indicator on where these items should be purchased, and buying some of each type of wine doesn't let you advance.

Also Marquise Serenity is stuck fanning herself even though 1.05 was supposed to fix that, so I can't even complete qwent quests to kill time waiting for a patch.

Good wine: Vendor in the north side of Novigrad, near the Passiflora, same guy who sells you the stuff to access Aeramas' tower.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Oh. How do you express grief when you don't know how to cry?

This sucks. I turned 26 during the big battle and didn't have my superior feline armor. It would have helped during the fight!

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 15, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Oh. How do you express grief when you don't know how to cry?

This sucks. I turned 26 during the big battle and didn't have my superior feline armor. It would have helped during the fight!

The shift in Geralt's facial expression between him waking up, surveying the damage, and finding... that is absolutely heartbreaking :smith:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Calaveron posted:

The shift in Geralt's facial expression between him waking up, surveying the damage, and finding... that is absolutely heartbreaking :smith:

It should be compiled into a 'Geralt expressing emotion the best way 'a mutant whose emotions have been wiped out by chemical injections knows how' ' album in the OP.

Also my pony tail/beard/turtle neck combo makes me look like a 40something hipster professor from Oxenfurt.

Levity aside, I'm intrigued by the Wild Hunt, and without any exposure to the first two games, I feel I've pieced together an understanding of them. If some :spergin: Witcher book nerd could verify these bullet points I'd appreciate it.

- a long long time ago an elf race split off from the OG elf race. Left to another world.

- said new elf race's world is now facing annihilation, and the leader of the Wild Hunt seeks a new world, ala General Zod in Superman. These are basically dark elves.

- wild hunt wants Ciri because of her interdimensional teleportation power inherent in her Elder Blood could supply the energy needed to ctrl X ctrl V an entire planets population to another world.

Geralt has mentioned twice now that he rode with the hunt, but when, why and how? He's not of the race or world the wild hunt hails from, and he has nothing to gain from ravaging worlds. Why would the hunt allow Geralt in their band anyway?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
The Hunt abducted Yennefer as bait for Ciri. Geralt tracked them down and ended up offering them to take him instead. Eredin was amused enough to agree and actually kept his word. He had Yen mindwiped and ditched her into a corner of Nilfgaard. Later on, Ciri ends up saving Geralt and his comatose, equally amnesiac rear end lands near Kaer Morhen. That's how the first Witcher game starts.

GrossMurpel posted:

That doesn't really work though. The Hym only changes its target if the target feels actual, real remorse but it later turns out that the act they felt remorse for wasn't actually really bad.
Geralt knows Cerys will try some trickery poo poo, no way he really seriously thought he just immolated a baby.
Not to mention the guards he just slaughters because they're not main characters so who gives a poo poo right?

That assumes Geralt is going to calmly think about the whole thing right after shoving the baby into the oven out of the blue.
And I always assumed he only wounded or KO'd the guards. That or Geralt just plain doesn't feel bad about killing people that attack him.