Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MrBims posted:

Stop making GBS threads up threads and come back to IRC please, we miss you.

I'm Jon Snow and I'm never coming back :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

In It For The Tank posted:

Remember "a great battle in the snow"? No? Neither did David and Dan.

In the books it was the Battle at the Fist, but they changed it to the Battle of Winterfell. Unless dun dun dun it's some future battle completely disassociated from every relevant character in that scene.

What was the twist on Melisandre's prophecy? Bolton banners being lowered (flayed Stannis?), Melisandre walking the Walls of Winterfell?

:viggo: Melisandre and Sansa both have redhair so she thought she was seeing herself but actually it was Sansa

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

unlimited shrimp posted:

If Stannis and Jon are both dead-dead then the North just got a whole lot more boring.

Well theres Bran + friends

Oh wait, less boring?

Despera fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 15, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only death i'm actually sad about is Mycella's. But we all knew it was coming.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

blablablabla posted:

Well theres Bran + friends

Oh wait

Rickon and that Harry Potter actress come back. Rickon will be played by a clean-shaven Sean Bean.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
R+L=J: True, also completely irrelevant to this gritty, realistic story about death and bad guys winning

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Long have I waited for this moment to arrive.

Finally my friends who simply can't understand why I hate(d?) the books rise in great wrath and fury, and come to me saying

'WTF DUDE THAT WAS LAME AS poo poo'

Yes, yes my friends, yes it was.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

What was the twist on Melisandre's prophecy? Bolton banners being lowered (flayed Stannis?), Melisandre walking the Walls of Winterfell?

:viggo: Melisandre and Sansa both have redhair so she thought she was seeing herself but actually it was Sansa

Yeah on the show you tend to forget that from her POV chapter we know she misinterprets everything. But goddamn the whole "Only Snow" thing when she prays about Azor Ahai plus a wolf howling. GRRM DOES NOT DO SUBTLE!

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
They had to kill John in the show to make the fandom shut up about R+L=J. That way when Gurm dies, and the unreleased parts of TWOW get leaked, book readers will be surprised.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

It's pretty nuts that they seriously just cut Bran out from an entire season of the show.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Why do people want to see Bran? All his story is is gay fantasy poo poo, I want to see more people dropping own bombs, and bran ain't dropping own bombs anywhere.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Ague Proof posted:

Ramsay will have the Bolton Banners lowered to half-mast in memory of Myranda.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a cop posted:

It's pretty nuts that they seriously just cut Bran out from an entire season of the show.

His plot was terrible and chewed up like 1/4 of an entire season I hope he never comes back.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
This episode was the poo poo unironically

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

twistedmentat posted:

The only death i'm actually sad about is Mycella's. But we all knew it was coming.

I didn't :wth: Atleast not until she kissed the sand lady

Her and Hidazhr's deaths are making me very sad

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Oh.jpg.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

His plot was terrible and chewed up like 1/4 of an entire season I hope he never comes back.

congrats on being loving wrong, his arc was cool. jojen and meera were cool. meera is still cool.

now that jon is """""DEAD""""" i hope the north is the Meera and Bran show

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hiddy had an annoying mouth and was part of the 1 percent gently caress that guy.

hemophilia posted:

congrats on being loving wrong, his arc was cool. jojen and meera were cool. meera is still cool.

now that jon is """""DEAD""""" i hope the north is the Meera and Bran show

No it's really bad because magic and prophecy poo poo drag down the good bits of the series. It was incredibly boring to boot.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

They completely chopped off that part of the story and still nothing happens this season.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm still holding out hope that somehow book stannis beats ramsey and somehow the main plot is such that it turns out to not matter

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Took out Fire and Blood for poison kisses. Ellaria should have died at least, giving up her life for a chance at vengeance (like poetry it rhymes etc). Also I'm still shocked that Bronn isn't dead.

Aurubin posted:

Yeah on the show you tend to forget that from her POV chapter we know she misinterprets everything. But goddamn the whole "Only Snow" thing when she prays about Azor Ahai plus a wolf howling. GRRM DOES NOT DO SUBTLE!

Jojen was way better than this. Jojen

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Hiddy had an annoying mouth and was part of the 1 percent gently caress that guy.

No it's really bad because magic and prophecy poo poo drag down the good bits of the series. It was incredibly boring to boot.

The magic is actually interesting. The prophecy i don't care much about but the magic is cool and no-magic fantasy is just boring medieval fanfiction.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
I look forward to more Varys/Tyrion and the possibility of Davos/Rickon next season.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

RentACop posted:

I'm still holding out hope that somehow book stannis beats ramsey and somehow the main plot is such that it turns out to not matter

Who cares GRRM is never going to publish another (ASoIaF) book ever again

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I thought the ep was very good except for Jon's death being a cliffhanger. Do they seriously think it won't get out that Harrington is back on set next season?

I'm also kinda pissed that we DID get a Battle of Winterfell but Stannis loving lost. I figured he'd die in the next book probably but isn't it pretty set up for him to win the battle in the books?

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Ague Proof posted:

Took out Fire and Blood for poison kisses. Ellaria should have died at least, giving up her life for a chance at vengeance (like poetry it rhymes etc). Also I'm still shocked that Bronn isn't dead.

Didn't Tyene bite his ear? I was assuming Bronn was gonna get it too.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hemophilia posted:

The magic is actually interesting. The prophecy i don't care much about but the magic is cool and no-magic fantasy is just boring medieval fanfiction.

Medieval fanfiction (it's really more like pseudohistorical fiction) doesn't get better because someone can make shadow babies instead of having to figure out an actual strategy to defeat a superior army.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Next season starts with a play by play tourney at Harrenhal and you all will forget all the ill-will you're feeling right now.
First down-season since it started so hey... everyone gets a mulligan. And even for a down-season, it's still one of the few shows that makes people say "gently caress, Game of Thrones is on, gotta plan around that."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jon can come back if Stannis stays dead

Preferably both die but apparently some people want to be happy

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ague Proof posted:

This is how good Bran's story was.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I wanted to see doran slowly roll into off the pier into the water

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Darko posted:

Well, that was something. Pink letter is definitely Ramsay, Jon actually does die for some time, etc. It kind of makes the cliffhangers worthless.

what makes you think this has any bearing on what happens in the book?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 15, 2015

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

RentACop posted:

That lighthouse theory or w/e was good. But I can't trust GURM to be that clever.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

Alain Post posted:

Did Stannis die

I would think if they were going to set up a pink letter type scenario they wouldn't have had that last scene with him. It seems like the show is telling us he's dead or alternatively they haven't decided what they are going to do with the northern story line next year. Maybe Littlefinger replaces Stannis and Theon and Sansa meet his army on the way to Winterfell?

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

TNO posted:

I look forward to more Varys/Tyrion and the possibility of Davos/Rickon next season.

They aren't going to reintroduce Rickon until the season 7 finale, when he and his band of unicorn riders come to tear down the Wall.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Medieval fanfiction (it's really more like pseudohistorical fiction) doesn't get better because someone can make shadow babies instead of having to figure out an actual strategy to defeat a superior army.

Yeah it does.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

RentACop posted:

People who were excited about "When George told us about this" last week are in a difficult bind now. Does Stannis sacrifice Shireen or does he die at the Battle of Winterfell? He can't do both. Which story beat is true to the books? Are either of them? Find out next year (maybe).

At least going forward, I hope people now understand that the amount you can use the show to predict anything other than the broadest plot developments in the future books is basically zero.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Groovelord Neato posted:

I mean some people can't have fiction without magic so it makes sense. In other words: nerds.

hemophilia posted:

Yeah it does.

Like this person.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
DUDE gently caress THAT NOISE WHY WERENT HIS WOUNDS SMOKING IM SO loving DONE WITH THIS poo poo SHOW - my fb feed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It was actually kind of hilarious how in 3 minutes Stannis' wife is dead, half his army deserted, he has no horses and 'welp, there's not going to be a siege'

Also D&D probably leaked the 'previously on' on purpose, as revenge against the people who watched the first 4 episodes

• Locked thread