Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who ya got in the money in the bank match
This poll is closed.
Sheamus 7 8.14%
Dolph Ziggler 1 1.16%
Kofi Kingston 10 11.63%
Roman Reigns 23 26.74%
Randy Orton 3 3.49%
The Demon, Kane 11 12.79%
there's somebody else in this match but I forgot who and I don't want to look it up 31 36.05%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Ribsauce posted:

I wonder if they were supposed to land with both guys holding the belt. That makes a lot more sense

No if that was the case they would have just said they both unhooked it at the same time, but Seth is supposed to maintain possession, you can see Dean letting go of it and rolling away as they land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Alain Post posted:

it turns out that HHH loves the indies because of all the championship matches where nobody knows when the gently caress to go home

lol

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is going to end with a Brock squash and Ambrose being in obscurity again for another 6-12 months, HOORAYYYYYY

We warned you about hope.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
What a weird night.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rollins v. Triple H at Summerslam to decide who really is the greatest champion of all time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BigRed0427 posted:

I guess I'm the weird one who thought that was a fine finish.

I'm fine with the finish, what I loathe is what's coming.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is going to end with a Brock squash and Ambrose being in obscurity again for another 6-12 months, HOORAYYYYYY

You are Xaviar Woods and I am Big E Langston putting your hands together for a positivity clap.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I don't think that sucked honestly. It was a good show

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I really liked that show. :shobon:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BigRed0427 posted:

I didn't like it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

ZDar Fan posted:

Those running powerbombs look brutal as gently caress

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

DukeofCA posted:

Lot of whiny babies in here tonight.

I'm more annoyed that it just makes no sense at all from a storytelling purpose.

Heel retains his belt previously through essentially dumb luck. His ego leads him to go on and on about how he needs no help. His hubris and the face's grittiness combine leading to the heel's downfall and the face's triumph. To me that makes way more sense than what actually happened.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Sheamus won MITB. Bad show.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wish they were brave enough to let Cena get stretchered like everyone else who takes the apronbomb

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BigRed0427 posted:

I LOVED it!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RacistGuidingLight posted:

You are Xaviar Woods and I am Big E Langston putting your hands together for a positivity clap.

My face is approximately Xavier's psychotic grimacesmile so this is accurate

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

BigRed0427 posted:

Yeah, two ****+ matches and the MitB which was also solid. Far worse PPVs than that.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The New Day lost?!

What duketastrophy.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My face is approximately Xavier's psychotic grimacesmile so this is accurate

My face is that of Big E Langston's serene benediction as we continue our positivity clap.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
A good show overall, most of it was fun to watch, just every finish was weird.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sheamus will get to be champ for 3 months because Brock doesn't want to hassle with the schedule/they can't pay him enough. Sheamus will be our PPV after WM-July champ to promote his movie next year. Then someone will grab it off him in July for some 1 month who cares build for ??? rarely seen big name to come smack a regular around, probably. Next month will be a little reconfiguring for Summerslam, then we're in a holding pattern til it's time to build for RR because nobody cares about Survivor Series that much anymore. RR will be an Ambrose win so he can lose at WM, or Owens, or some such.

This is my assumption.

E: The worst part is, the wrestling was pretty fun. But the finishes were :psyduck:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Suben posted:

I'm more annoyed that it just makes no sense at all from a storytelling purpose.

Heel retains his belt previously through essentially dumb luck. His ego leads him to go on and on about how he needs no help. His hubris and the face's grittiness combine leading to the heel's downfall and the face's triumph. To me that makes way more sense than what actually happened.

Yeah this. It's good for Seth as champ but it makes no sense as a story and what's worse is Seth is just gonna lose to Brock rendering literally all of this 100% moot.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
WWE PPVs are pretty good when you just skip the matches you don't give a poo poo about and watch the good ones.

I watched MITB, Cena/Owens, and the ending. Three good matches!

I wish the great main event had a better finish, but I'll remember the match for a while so that counts for something.

So yeah. Just don't watch the who-gives-a-poo poo matches everybody :)

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I liked that Rollins/Ambrose finish, personally. It made Ambrose look like a Lesnar-level monster with him constantly getting back up, and Rollins gets up from just about as much punishment. In the end they're two equals and one wins because of a fluke of chance.

It's also a finish that I can't recall seeing before in a ladder match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
First half was pretty whatever, but Owens and Cena on it was a great show.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Am I wrong thinking that every single match on that card ended incorrectly

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm fine with the finish, what I loathe is what's coming.

Ambrose wouldn't have been given Roman Reigns as Dean's friend, gotten Pedigreed on the announce table, powerbombed more times than Owens has ever given out, literally buried under a ladder and chairs, and still after all that managed to not win the title off of a technicality if he wasn't going to be fine.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fentry posted:

Yeah

PTP being the champs rules

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

The worst part is, the wrestling was pretty fun.

This was the best part to me.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

E: ^^^^ Oh man that's badly typed, isn't it?

Fentry posted:

Most of the winners can make some kind of sense on some level (the sheamus thing still throws me unless all they're going to do is a short run for his movie promo like I said earlier). It's just how they were done that was weird.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Fentry posted:

Nah, there was some really good wrestling and some alright filler, but every match's finish was bad.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

What? Think of all those important feuds Ambrose can have with... um... yeah

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

OctoberCountry posted:

Nah, there was some really good wrestling and some alright filler, but every match's finish was bad.

Tag title finish was perfectly fine.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Did Sheamus win just in case they can finally do Bryan vs. Sheamus at mania?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Ambrose wouldn't have been given Roman Reigns as Dean's friend, gotten Pedigreed on the announce table, powerbombed more times than Owens has ever given out, literally buried under a ladder and chairs, and still after all that managed to not win the title off of a technicality if he wasn't going to be fine.

I'm not saying he'll be a jobber at all. I'm saying he will be irrelevant for approximately 6 months because Brock is back and Seth has murder to be the recipient of.

Dean absolutely looked inhuman in the match and I liked that a lot. Seth won 100% clean and I liked that a lot. But I've never wished less for Brock Lesnar on my TV.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

NowonSA posted:

I liked that Rollins/Ambrose finish, personally. It made Ambrose look like a Lesnar-level monster with him constantly getting back up, and Rollins gets up from just about as much punishment. In the end they're two equals and one wins because of a fluke of chance.

It's also a finish that I can't recall seeing before in a ladder match.

Pretty much, Ambrose's final comeback was Cena-level, I totally thought he was just gonna stay buried under the ladder & chair mountain.

It' also makes sense with his pre-match promo that Seth would have to kill him to keep the title, and that's basically what happened. Seth beat him so relentlessly that even with his last ounce of strength he couldn't wrestle the belt away from him when they hit the mat, just from the sheer damage of the beating he took.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm not saying he'll be a jobber at all. I'm saying he will be irrelevant for approximately 6 months because Brock is back and Seth has murder to be the recipient of.

Dean absolutely looked inhuman in the match and I liked that a lot. Seth won 100% clean and I liked that a lot. But I've never wished less for Brock Lesnar on my TV.

They absolutely do not need Brock to sell Summerslam and pulling him for a date for it is dumb in my honest opinion. Save it for something else.

E: I don't know that Brock is doing Summerfest but I mean, if he's showing up tomorrow it's pretty easily assumed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Did Sheamus win just in case they can finally do Bryan vs. Sheamus at mania?

I seriously doubt Bryan in their plans much at all these days. They're probably doing it so they can do Reigns vs Sheamus.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah this. It's good for Seth as champ but it makes no sense as a story and what's worse is Seth is just gonna lose to Brock rendering literally all of this 100% moot.

The story is that despite relying on the authority all the time, Seth is genuinely a threat and can back it up, but Dean Ambrose is a man too stubborn and vengeful to die and even after throwing everything he had at him and putting a proverbial stake through the man's heart, Seth still only won by the narrowest of margins. Both men looked incredible. Seth will come out on RAW and brag that he won fair and square while we know how close it really was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

They absolutely do not need Brock to sell Summerslam and pulling him for a date for it is dumb in my honest opinion. Save it for something else.

what? if they're trying to have summslam be a major show of course they need lesnar for it

• Locked thread