Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Hopefully we can recruit guards. Because I want Super Mutants guarding my house.

"Beware of dog giant humanoid prone to minor bouts of rage at being shot at"

"Also please remove your shoes when entering!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?
Still grade 12 Media Arts Experts doing their character animations, i see.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

chitoryu12 posted:

They're taking Obsidian's cue and taking all the awesome mods people made and implementing them into the game.

Yeah the building mod was cool but really really janky but it looked exactly like that so #yolo I guess. The game looks weird as gently caress like :/

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
I have to admit a lot of the stuff looks good, but I'm concerned about the dialogue system. The voiced protagonist worries me, as does the fact that the dialogue system uses the face buttons. Does that mean there won't ever be more than four dialogue options? I'm also worried that the dialogue system will make modded quests and dialogue very hard to do, but I guess that's something we'll have to wait and see about.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Looks really janky and rough but overall still I'm still pretty positive

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Game of the year or game of the decade?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
This game is going to be incredibly bad, if you thought Fallout 3 was bad then this will be worse.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Any idea who the voice actor was for the VaultTec salesman at the beginning of the presentation? He sounded incredibly familiar.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I'm so loving pumped.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I can't believe they don't have a working demo when they plan to ship in less than 6 months.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Anyone recognize the voice actress for the female character?

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

PC better be an android

which would be ironic because gently caress android am I right bethesda am i right

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one
This is literally the best. I love the people who are still flailing their limbs trying to show off how much they hate it guys!!! this game sucks!!!! look at me!!!!! please!!!!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Darth Windu posted:

This game is going to be incredibly bad, if you thought Fallout 3 was bad then this will be worse.

drat you are trying so hard.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Turds in magma posted:

Still grade 12 Media Arts Experts doing their character animations, i see.

Not really? They're using the same engine, but it looks like the animations have really been smoothed out so it actually looks and plays like most third-person games in third-person. The enemies even have unique reactions to melee impacts instead of generic twitches.

I was expecting Fallout 4 to just be a slightly tweaked New Vegas/Skyrim, with a handful of improvements over the past game but otherwise the same. Instead we're getting settlement building, 700+ weapon mods, epic superhero power armor, Vertibird combat....

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Lester Shy posted:

Any idea who the voice actor was for the VaultTec salesman at the beginning of the presentation? He sounded incredibly familiar.

Sounded a lot like Paul Eiding.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

J-Spot posted:

Anyone recognize the voice actress for the female character?

Same chick that voiced Jack in the Mass Effect games.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Praetorian Mage posted:

I have to admit a lot of the stuff looks good, but I'm concerned about the dialogue system. The voiced protagonist worries me, as does the fact that the dialogue system uses the face buttons. Does that mean there won't ever be more than four dialogue options? I'm also worried that the dialogue system will make modded quests and dialogue very hard to do, but I guess that's something we'll have to wait and see about.

I bet a Low Int character won't be a thing an account of the voiced dialogue. Not that it was all that great in FO3/NV anyway, but it was nice to have some good dialogue options to pick at least.

Also worthy of note is that none of the gameplay footage used the female character. Kinda wonder if she was a more recent addition.

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

Sold. I don't care for story-telling or anything I just want fun.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Duckbag posted:

Also the story will probably still be meh.

And Bethesda knows this, that's why they're taking the kitchen sink approach and just cobbling together Awesome poo poo. I can't wait to dick around in the game, even if I know I'll never properly finish it and won't give a gently caress about the characters or dialogue and none of it will be particularly memorable. But it'll be a fun ride while it lasts.

Scinon
Jul 23, 2006
Now with 2% more atoms!
If it had coop I would buy it right now. No announcement, I'll hold out for reviews.

Flaky
Feb 14, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I think it's great they took so much inspiration from Fallout 3 mods like Real Time Settler

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Todd Howard: It's releasing in November.

Me: [opens Music folder, double click Green_Day-Wake-Me-Up-when-September-ends.mp3]

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

I can't even remember that time I've been this excited for a videogame.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Not really? They're using the same engine, but it looks like the animations have really been smoothed out so it actually looks and plays like most third-person games in third-person. The enemies even have unique reactions to melee impacts instead of generic twitches.

I was expecting Fallout 4 to just be a slightly tweaked New Vegas/Skyrim, with a handful of improvements over the past game but otherwise the same. Instead we're getting settlement building, 700+ weapon mods, epic superhero power armor, Vertibird combat....

Sounds like New Vegas/Skyrim with a handful of new improvements and a settlement building gimmick to me. You do know New Vegas had power armor and crafting right?

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
That Doom trailer holy poo poo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

They didn't say anything about Skills did they?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Praetorian Mage posted:

The existing games already let you do modded quests and poo poo just by playing a silent dialogue file in place of the regular audio, so this could probably do the same. And I'm pretty sure that all of the dialogue options with more than 4 choices were "Ask me about backstory fluff" parts of the conversation.

I mean, they loving recorded over 1000 of the most common names just so your robot butler can talk to you by name. They didn't skimp.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Darth Windu posted:

I thought Fallout 3 was Good so will this be Better?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

40-Degree Day posted:

I can't even remember that time I've been this excited for a videogame.

That is so sad it made me cry irl

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
But did they record the names ButtBoy9000, AidsHitler, and CumDumpster69?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Same chick that voiced Jack in the Mass Effect games.

wish it was jennifer hale

:negative:

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

That modded Fallout looked great

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

frajaq posted:

They didn't say anything about Skills did they?

No but it did show him creating his character with SPECIAL.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

This is literally the best. I love the people who are still flailing their limbs trying to show off how much they hate it guys!!! this game sucks!!!! look at me!!!!! please!!!!
I always thought it'll be a good game to play and gently caress around in, and this would already be three times that. Just the narrative isn't the strong suit despite what the cognitively challenged says.

They're probably going to phone in the Brotherhood vs Institute thing, where you can literally copy the NCR and Mr. House respectively and change names and outfits.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

OwlFancier posted:

I thought Fallout 3 was Good so will this be Better?

No. It's going to be bad. I mean, unless you are okay with getting more Fallout 3 on The Playstation and Xbox New Generation, in which case you will probably be happy but you have increidbly low standards.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Peter Hines looks like he was rendered in the Doom 3 engine.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I'm really curious about the modding prospects. Those new systems looked great, but might be hell for players to mod. Still, I'll reserve my negativity until I have reason to think it won't be very easy.

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

Looks good b-b-but it wont ever be as good as TEH WITCHER 3 and and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007

Sleazoid posted:

Looks good b-b-but it wont ever be as good as TEH WITCHER 3 and and

This, but non-sarcastic

• Locked thread