Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

My Q-Face posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

They're trying to make a cliffhanger for a show that I'm really on the fence on whether or not I'll even bother with next season, and the whole episode felt like it, hell, the whole season felt like it: deliberate, hamfisted, clumsy, with everything shoehorned into too small a space.

And No loving Way am I going to buy that ending with Cersei. Seriously, incest, adultery, perjury, regicide (if Lancel really did spill his guts, he was the one giving the poisoned wine to Robert on her orders), etc. etc., but Margaery only did perjury and is still locked up?

Marge didn't confess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
http://i.imgur.com/qF87BaG.jpg?1

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Sansa, Brienne, Pod, Sam, and Gilly aren't shits.

Arguably Theon now too.

Nope.

Brienne's arc came to a close though, basically, unless it's revealed she didn't kill Stannis. It was just like it was foreshadowed in her bath scene with Jamie: She had her vows (avenge Renly or save Sansa) crashing down against each other, and she chose revenge over saving a life. Unless it turns out she both kills Stannis AND goes back and rescue Sansa, in which case :lol:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Sansa, Brienne, Pod, Sam, and Gilly aren't shits.

Arguably Theon now too.

Theon is still a huge poo poo. Maybe Reek is okay though.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what was the point of watching stannis do nothing for five years

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

They're trying to make a cliffhanger for a show that I'm really on the fence on whether or not I'll even bother with next season, and the whole episode felt like it, hell, the whole season felt like it: deliberate, hamfisted, clumsy, with everything shoehorned into too small a space.

And No loving Way am I going to buy that ending with Cersei. Seriously, incest, adultery, perjury, regicide (if Lancel really did spill his guts, he was the one giving the poisoned wine to Robert on her orders), etc. etc., but Margaery only did perjury and is still locked up?

Maybe she will walk into Tommon's rooma nd Margaery will be there blowing him

Or maybe she'll be blowing his corpse

Riled Shareef
Dec 19, 2013
Davos still doesn't know the circumstances of Shireen's death, right? He'd have choked Mel right on the spot otherwise, right?

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

I bet all the people who wanted the Boltons to win because they were mad at Stannis are regretting that now.

RIP Stannis, Rightful King of Westeros.

Killing him was the first time Brienne has actually accomplished a quest.

Edit: Oh yea and next year we can look forward to Daario and Sir Friendzone trying to save their queen from an army of gang-rapists.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

stannis knows nothing. this is not a meme joke, he's actually the stupidest person in the show for some reason.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SexyBlindfold posted:

Brienne's arc came to a close though, basically, unless it's revealed she didn't kill Stannis. It was just like it was foreshadowed in her bath scene with Jamie: She had her vows (avenge Renly or save Sansa) crashing down against each other, and she chose revenge over saving a life. Unless it turns out she both kills Stannis AND goes back and rescue Sansa, in which case :lol:

I lol'd when she turned around a second before Sansa put the candle up.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Vernii posted:

Killing him was the first time Brienne has actually accomplished a quest.

It's easy when your victim can't run away.

kwantam
Mar 25, 2008

-=kwantam

My Q-Face posted:

What you have to understand is that the High Sparrow is *not* just blindly following the law; he's got an agenda, and making Cersei make the Walk Of Shame advances it in a way that Margaery couldn't. People hate Cersei, but they probably still remember Margaery, Mistress of Mercy from two seasons ago.

The High Sparrow is out to take down the Nobility, and he feels so confident in the strength of the Faith Militant that he's willing to humiliate Cersei and risk provoking her wrath. It's also likely that he just doesn't quite realize how vengeful Cersei will be.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Riled Shareef posted:

Davos still doesn't know the circumstances of Shireen's death, right? He'd have choked Mel right on the spot otherwise, right?

It doesnt really matter anymore, the Red Priestess showing up at Castle Black alone means Stannis, his family, the army, everyones dead. poo poo, she could blame it on the Boltons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is like super hosed up but maybe this show isn't going to have a happy ending.

Twist: the book is going to go the other way and have a happy ending.

TV fans and book fans will forever argue about which one is better.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
42 weeks until I have to watch this poo poo again.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.

Hexel posted:

It doesnt really matter anymore, the Red Priestess showing up at Castle Black alone means Stannis, his family, the army, everyones dead. poo poo, she could blame it on the Boltons.

Melisandre is going to work with Davos with him totally unaware of how Shireen died since Stannis lost. And they will work together with Jon Snow after the Lord of Light revives him.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Parlett316 posted:

I hope the White Walkers kill everyone in this stupid story

Night King is the right King!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Hexel posted:

Unless Davos talks to one of the deserters someday, but Mel is safe for now.

dandaman
Dec 30, 2005

Hexel posted:

All the sellswords left in the night between the burning and the battle, so anyone of them can tell Davos.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Ellaria Sand is the loving worst

ProfessorBooty
Jan 25, 2004

Amulet of the Dark

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is like super hosed up but maybe this show isn't going to have a happy ending.

Are you saying the White Walkers will lose!?!?

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel stannis arc was done well. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that his father found him a disappointment. That's his character. The show did a good job portraying his hopeless cause. Despite complete tenacity of himself, he stayed true to his character and he killed his entire family to try and distance himself from his actual self.

It was all pointless

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Lycus posted:

Unless Davos talks to one of the deserters someday, but Mel is safe for now.

Davos does have friends in Essos who would be in place to hear such rumors. Assuming the deserters make it back home.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I was just wondering, but who is the purple eyed giant dude who picks up cercei and trucks her away?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So who owes the Iron Bank whatever Stannis borrowed?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Bravo Lena Headey.

That looked as fun to film as cancer.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Blind Rasputin posted:

I was just wondering, but who is the purple eyed giant dude who picks up cercei and trucks her away?

FrankenMountain

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Blind Rasputin posted:

The mountain.

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So who owes the Iron Bank whatever Stannis borrowed?

No one.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
So now that the show has caught up should I read all the books or just follow the wiki down the rabbit hole?

Anonybominous
Jun 30, 2012

For me, this episode's plot arc was 50% hell yeah! And 50% argh nooooo!
Is it odd that I care the least what happens to Danny?
My highly unlikely prediction for season 6 is that Jon gets resurrected, but won't show up again until season 7 as a white walker.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

The Undertaker. Next season is going to cross-over with WWE.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Okay, so team-ups to look forward to next season:

1. Tyrion + Varys + Missandei + Grey Worm

2. Davos + Melisandre + (maybe?) half-dead Jon + (please?) Edd

3. (Unlikely) Brienne + Pod + Sansa + Reek

aaand that's it. With the exception of Frankenmountain stomping on fools, every other potential storyline is shaping up to a very underwhelming start. Dany on yet another potentially rapey setting, Jorah and Daario bickering, Sam and Gilly arriving at Nerdtown, Arya being blind... the biggest cliffhanger of all... is whether I'll keep watching... :negative:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I like how people waited most of the season for Tyrion to meet up with Dany and it lasted like an episode and a half for a total of 2 scenes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Away all Goats posted:

I like how people waited most of the season for Tyrion to meet up with Dany and it lasted like an episode and a half for a total of 2 scenes.

He gets another city to govern and rule so that's kinda cool. It'd be neat to see him shape it up and take full control of it (ending the harpy poo poo) by the time Dany gets back.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

RBA Starblade posted:

I lol'd when she turned around a second before Sansa put the candle up.

That whole thing was just eye-rolling. "You still have friends in the north." ... "Eh, by friends, I mean me and one lady knight with her hopeless squire, who somehow managed to live through a blizzard in eye-line of Winterfell without getting spotted or caught or freezing to death, or running out of food.

And I know Sam was supposed to leave the wall to go to the Citadel so Jon would be all alone, but doing it this late it the story makes no sense at all. "Hey, there's a blizzard going on south of the wall for the past few weeks that's bad enough to stop an entire army in its tracks, but let's send out one fat dude and his wildling woman and a baby all alone in on a horse-drawn cart. Not even a sleigh, but a wheeled cart". If GRRM has no sense of scale, D&D have no sense of the passage of time.

Also, given the abysmal pacing of this year's plot threads, I suspect D&D were relying very heavily on GRRM's outlines and timelines for the previous seasons and next season is going to be a complete mess.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Away all Goats posted:

We could focus on the interesting plots, like dany and tyrion.

But you see we have to include arya and jorah because reasons

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

SexyBlindfold posted:

. the biggest cliffhanger of all... is whether I'll keep watching... :negative:

Spoiler alert: Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Rad Lieutenant posted:

So now that the show has caught up should I read all the books or just follow the wiki down the rabbit hole?

If you want to read the books, just read them. I don't know how much the wiki will help since the show went off the rails awhile ago.

• Locked thread