Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
Not sure if I got an invite or not. Also not really sure where to even look and see if I got an invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Incendiary Pig posted:

Not sure if I got an invite or not. Also not really sure where to even look and see if I got an invite.

I tried to send you one, but it failed because you did not have an account yet (I guess you were still downloading or had not logged in yet).

I'm in the queue to log in now, so I'll drop another when I get in.

E: Still says account not found. You're on the NA server, right?

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 15, 2015

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

Funkmaster General posted:

I tried to send you one, but it failed because you did not have an account yet (I guess you were still downloading or had not logged in yet).

I'm in the queue to log in now, so I'll drop another when I get in.

E: Still says account not found. You're on the NA server, right?

Yeah, North America. Ebonheart pact. I'm not sure why it isn't working.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Looking for an invite to the NA PS4 Aldmeri Dominion guild. PSN is Esroc, in game is also Esroc.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Hey guys just popping in and skimming the thread a little. There's a group of 3 of us kinda eye balling this game, but everything we've heard about it is bad. Like really really really bad.

How are things now? Is the game play terrible? Super jankey? How bad is the real money elements?

Also if I were to buy on ps4, could I purchase a used disc or do I need a new copy? In the mean time I'll read up some more so thanks in advance.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Interested in joining a ps4 goon guild. Ebonheart. Thegojira84

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I was told to share this here. Warning: Morrowind humor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXVi6gxoRiI

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Probably worth mentioning in here that ESO made an appearance in tonight's Bethesda E3 conference. They showed the capital city, the orc homeland, bear mounts, and the Dark Brotherhood logo, all under the banner of things "coming this year."

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Moochewmoo posted:

Hey guys just popping in and skimming the thread a little. There's a group of 3 of us kinda eye balling this game, but everything we've heard about it is bad. Like really really really bad.

How are things now? Is the game play terrible? Super jankey? How bad is the real money elements?

Also if I were to buy on ps4, could I purchase a used disc or do I need a new copy? In the mean time I'll read up some more so thanks in advance.

It's World of Warcraft with an Elder Scrolls paintjob. As long as you go in understanding this and you enjoy MMO's then it's a fun game. Just don't pick it up expecting Skyrim with other people running around. The real money elements are all cosmetic or minor boosts to make leveling quicker. The only technical issues I've ran into are the same as every other online launch, namely the servers are gettting hammered. But they're doing a goood job of smoothing all that out.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Esroc posted:

It's World of Warcraft with an Elder Scrolls paintjob. As long as you go in understanding this and you enjoy MMO's then it's a fun game. Just don't pick it up expecting Skyrim with other people running around. The real money elements are all cosmetic or minor boosts to make leveling quicker. The only technical issues I've ran into are the same as every other online launch, namely the servers are gettting hammered. But they're doing a goood job of smoothing all that out.

I disagree with the WoW comparisons. Combat is far removed from WoW's tab targeting where you have 30+ abilities on your bars. It's much closer to a normal elder scrolls game than it is to WoW.

And it plays great on a controller.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Esroc posted:

It's World of Warcraft with an Elder Scrolls paintjob.

As someone who has played both games this statement is wrong. They fairly different as far as MMOs go. If ESO is just WoW with a new paint job then every MMO is just WoW with a paint job.

Nulity
Sep 26, 2010

Probably worth mentioning in here that ESO made an appearance in tonight's Bethesda E3 conference. They showed the capital city, the orc homeland, bear mounts, and the Dark Brotherhood logo, all under the banner of things "coming this year."

who cares about any of that when we've got elder scrolls hearthstone gently caress yeah man take all my dosh

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Baron FU posted:

I disagree with the WoW comparisons. Combat is far removed from WoW's tab targeting where you have 30+ abilities on your bars. It's much closer to a normal elder scrolls game than it is to WoW.

And it plays great on a controller.

This guy is correct. It's much more streamlined than other MMOs. And it's pretty loving fun. Get the PC version and join the EP goon guild.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I don't have a pc that can run it very well. I have a ps4 though. So the game is fun and good? How much would I miss out on with out the dlc?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Hey can I get an invite to the NA PS4 guild. PSN: Krojar

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Invite to the NA PS4 Guild as well, PSN is SA_Fenom (AD right now, will roll different alts later).

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
Still recruit. Just need a promotion to officer (ps4 - mgvsquared) and I'll make sure to get people invited if they get missed.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Most of this stuff we already knew was coming. But it was refreshing to see that they haven't completely ignored the PC userbase for the duration of the console launch. Also what they didn't mention that was coming as well are 3 new crafting motifs: Imperial Daedric, Yokudan, and Akaviri; and the Thieves Guild. Both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will have their own sets of armor and a skill line to go along with them just like the Mages' and Fighter's Guilds.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Akaviri?! Samurai lizards!

Herr Corrector
Jun 7, 2004

In the long run we're all dead.

Who Dat posted:

Still recruit. Just need a promotion to officer (ps4 - mgvsquared) and I'll make sure to get people invited if they get missed.

Made you GM. It was your idea to start the guild anyway. And I think all invites are caught up.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

If I had to guess Imperial City is probably almost ready to go. The maps and achievements for it have been data mined some time ago and I could tell that the footage they used for their presentation was taken on the most recent build of the game (because during one of the fights a female player blocks with a shield and the animation was bugged which is a thing that started with the last patch).

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Moochewmoo posted:

Also worth noting that the cash shop parts are almost entirely cosmetic, with the exception of a couple of QOL items. There is no pay to win here.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Food crafting just got even better! Patch notes. Now we can make food at max level that gives 50% extra xp ontop of all the other xp bonuses you might have for 30mins. And if you have enough points into the drink duration you can have up to 50mins total duration of this drink. Guess its time to take up fishing to get the new item needed as well.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

http://m.imgur.com/a/7aGq4

Datamined images of possible upcoming crown store items. What I can make sense of it, Ashlander bonemold costume pack, glass armor motifs are coming soon, Nedic armor (stuff seen in Craglorn and Stonefalls) is either coming as a costume pack or new motif, a bunch of cat pets, bunch of new consumables (?) and crown bag space upgrades.

iRoNgHosT
Mar 10, 2003

www.fusionball.com
Send a PS4 guild invite out to me if you haven't already. PSN : Extree

I'll be on around 5PM PST tonight if I need to be online for the invite.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Really hoping the crown bag upgrades stack with existing bag upgrades.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Really hoping the crown bag upgrades stack with existing bag upgrades.

Doubt it, they didn't change the hard caps for mount training. So 110 for players and 240 or whatever for banks.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Big Floppy posted:

Food crafting just got even better! Patch notes. Now we can make food at max level that gives 50% extra xp ontop of all the other xp bonuses you might have for 30mins. And if you have enough points into the drink duration you can have up to 50mins total duration of this drink. Guess its time to take up fishing to get the new item needed as well.

Holy crap, I might play again.

EDIT: I read what it takes to make. This stuff is going to be prohibitively expense and only serve to further the gap between the spergs and non spergs, isn't it?

eSporks fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 15, 2015

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

Holy crap, I might play again.

EDIT: I read what it takes to make. This stuff is going to be prohibitively expense and only serve to further the gap between the spergs and non spergs, isn't it?

No clue. Apparently any non-tropy fish has a chance to be a perfect roe and there's no indication that it drops more often in other zones, so it may just be as simple as getting a huge stack of bait and sitting off the docks at Davons Watch just fishing. With that kind of non-barrier of entry I imagine the price might not be that high after the initial release.

The frost miriam and berez juice is really easy to get though. Just have a provisioner hireling.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Dirty Euro scum also requesting invite into the XBone guild, GT: ButtConjuror
Anyone? This is for the NA guild just to be clear, I don't think there even is a Euro guild yet

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Unfortunately it appears the patch broke everyone's clients so I guess well have to wait for a hotfix and see how frequent perfect roe drops are.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Anyone? This is for the NA guild just to be clear, I don't think there even is a Euro guild yet

Just invited you.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Yeah, it's totally broken. Cooking stations cause an immediate crash, and when I attempted to do some other activities, I crashed opening a drawer.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Xbone NA server has been perfect for me for the last 4 hours. Haven't crashed once.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

RCarr posted:

The Xbone NA server has been perfect for me for the last 4 hours. Haven't crashed once.

It hasn't crashed for me, but it also won't let me see important quest npcs, so I have to restart. It's been amounting to the same thing.

Danyull
Jan 16, 2011

If I played this game for like 20 minutes in Beta and thought it was poo poo, am I still likely to think it is poo poo now? My friend just bought it and I was thinking of picking it up to play with him, and he seems to really like it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mizuti posted:

Yeah, it's totally broken. Cooking stations cause an immediate crash, and when I attempted to do some other activities, I crashed opening a drawer.

You sure it's not an addon?

Rukulaz
Apr 18, 2005

Mr. Thumbs Up
I am really liking this game on PS4. I've been messing around with a few characters but I can't seem to choose a class. What I'm mostly interested in is pvp healing. I know that anyone can heal but several people have told me that it's "go templar or go home" due to their healing skills out performing other classes with just the resto staff. Is this correct?

I just want to heal my pals while they drink the blood of our enemies.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Rylen posted:

I am really liking this game on PS4. I've been messing around with a few characters but I can't seem to choose a class. What I'm mostly interested in is pvp healing. I know that anyone can heal but several people have told me that it's "go templar or go home" due to their healing skills out performing other classes with just the resto staff. Is this correct?

Templar have an advantage in healing just because they have more options. They're the only class with a skill tree devoted to healing. Everyone else has to mostly use healing staves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Rylen posted:

Resto staff is wards and Hot's, Templar skills are highly mana inefficient burst heals. Both have a place, but I've had very difficult VR dungeons healed by not Templars.

• Locked thread