Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

TaurusOxford posted:

It's also a guy from the Star Wars prequels. Does that help? :v:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty tempted as well, but they still have the ROTJ Vader in stock.

The only big difference between em is the more expensive one has heavy breathing sounds, and has a better "lemme adjust my belt before I beat yo rear end" pose.

I dunno if 50$ is really worth those 2 things, but at the same time god drat does the new one look amazing.

I kinda wish they'd come out with a Captain Antilles that you could pose with Vader choking him :3:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 14, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

You don't have to when they buy a lot of silly toys too.

I'll have to work on this.

Heads up, the Ant-Man Legends wave is hitting full force on the east with most people finding the whole wave at TRUs in the last couple days.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've seen the Thanos wave everywhere but never the Spider-Man one. I want that drat Spider-Woman.

There's a convention here first weekend of July I'm going to. If I don't find one there I guess I have to go to ebay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I've seen the Thanos wave everywhere but never the Spider-Man one. I want that drat Spider-Woman.

There's a convention here first weekend of July I'm going to. If I don't find one there I guess I have to go to ebay.

Which Spider-woman? Ultimate? I think I have one in stock at work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Ultimate. They're not expensive on ebay or anything, but I'm in Canada and they're all in the US. The Global Shipping thing ebay does now makes you pay duty on a lot of stuff that would just go by without normally.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well balls.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Take it as rumor until after SDCC I guess but someone leaked supposed Spider-Man waves to Marvelousnews

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?itemid=19007&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Speed Demon - 630509397273
Beetle (Possibly female version) - 630509397280
Venom - 630509397341
Morbius - 630509397359
Jack O' Lantern - 640509397365
Gwen Stacey - 630509397372
Spider-Man - 630509397402
Spider Silk - 630509402632
Shocker - 630509402656
Miles Morales Spider-Man - 630509402663
Spider-Girl (Ashley Barton) - 630509402670
Peter Parker - 630509402694
Electro - 630509402700

While I'd love 99% of it I am not sure if it is real. I mean some of the choices there are a stretch, Spider Silk and Ashley Barton? I am all for a McFarlane Venom, new Morbius, Jack O'Lantern, Shocker and Electro. I would imagine one of the BAF would HAVE to be Kingpin at this point. The other isn't so simple, perhaps Vulture since he is the only classic villain not on the list that hasn't got a remake, not counting Dr. Octopus since no one can top ML8 and unless they are going to do the Erik Larson White Suited version there is no sense in it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I really hope they use a new body for Miles Morales. He's a 12-14yo kid, not Peter Parker height/build.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Marvelous News has a horrible track record on these "leaks." It reads out more like a most wanted list.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

therealjon_ posted:

Marvelous News has a horrible track record on these "leaks." It reads out more like a most wanted list.

I've been following them for years, I can't recall a single instance where they've been wrong about a lineup. When have they gotten it wrong?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No more X-Men, but they're going to make Spider-Bitch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

Wow.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

It really kills me that we're getting such absurdly obscure C and D listers, but we won't get any X-men outside of exclusive clusterfucks.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

lmao seriously

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

MooselanderII posted:

I've been following them for years, I can't recall a single instance where they've been wrong about a lineup. When have they gotten it wrong?

I'm trying to find it now, but their site is horrible to try and search. Before the 2014 stuff got announced they had a list that had similar "most wanted" figures from one of their sources they say is reliable. It was completely off.

Unless they delete their old clickbait rumor lists, not sure.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's the character's actual name.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

*googles character*

Created by: Mark Millar

Alright, your story checks out.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

gently caress this gay earth

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Good grief. All right, righteous anger rescinded, as you were.

Still though, what the christ.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 15, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Good grief. All right, righteous anger rescinded, as you were.

Still though, what the christ.
It was nicely italicized for you...

Travis343 posted:

*googles character*

Created by: Mark Millar

Alright, your story checks out.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
You guys are crazy. More Spider Mans is always good. It means they're getting closer to making a modern figure of the best Spider Man design

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

boom boom boom posted:

You guys are crazy. More Spider Mans is always good. It means they're getting closer to making a modern figure of the best Spider Man design

Look, Erik Larsen is one of the best Spider-Man artists of all time, but he's probably one of the worst Spider-Man writers of all time.

Also: Larsen draws a terrible, terrible Hulk.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Red posted:

Also: Larsen draws a terrible, terrible Hulk.

I had to go look. This came up in the first few results.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I was actually thinking of:

Why does Hulk have huge makeup eyebrows?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Better than Steve Dillon's.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Endless Mike posted:

Why does it look like this strip leads to a gay romance. If it does, I am happy for both of them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Dillon just gives everyone the same terrible face, which is worse than Maybe It's Maybelline Hulk.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Wait, that is Hulk? I figured it was Drax.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's hulk but yeah if Dillon drew Drax he would look like that with red markings.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Endless Mike posted:

I didn't know the hulk, post-transformation, could also arbitrarily grow 20 inches between panels.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"When _____________ miscarried"

The 90's ladies and gentlemen!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

boom boom boom posted:

I unironically love that issue.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

boom boom boom posted:

I'm pretty sure every single Blue and White Man figure sold at Target is gonna be immediately returned with the Hulkbuster piece replaced with like, a plastic tomato or something.

Speaking of which, I found some Ant Man figures at TRU today:

Jerks are too lazy to even put some random junk in place of the pieces they're stealing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funtax posted:

Speaking of which, I found some Ant Man figures at TRU today:

Jerks are too lazy to even put some random junk in place of the pieces they're stealing.

Some jackass tried returning a reboxed figure at my store and he threw a loving tantrum when we refused. Imagine a world if Hasbro started putting tamper proof seals on their product.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

Some jackass tried returning a reboxed figure at my store and he threw a loving tantrum when we refused. Imagine a world if Hasbro started putting tamper proof seals on their product.

just go back to the old toy biz ML packages.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

just go back to the old toy biz ML packages.

I wish.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Like a Transformer?

Seriously, go look a Transformer Deluxe figure from Combiner Wars. I love those things, but unboxing is a nightmare. Either you find a sharp object to cut the packaging off and destroy that, or shred your hands on the plastic perforation.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

Like a Transformer?

Seriously, go look a Transformer Deluxe figure from Combiner Wars. I love those things, but unboxing is a nightmare. Either you find a sharp object to cut the packaging off and destroy that, or shred your hands on the plastic perforation.

While I haven't seen a reboxed deluxe TF I have seen more than one that's been opened and either taped or stapled back together and put back out for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Then they'll break a leg off the figure and say it's broken to get the return.