Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

awakening is the easiest for new people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think Awakening is probably the best introduction to the series but by the time I reached the end I liked it a lot less than Radiant Dawn/the GBA ones

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MisterAlex posted:

Cool. I've got all of those options available to me... just no New 3DS for whatever game(s) require that. I haven't played a Fire Emblem game (as Smash obviously doesn't count), and I'd like to do so. I guess I'd lean more toward just buying a 3DS or Wii U game (or an eShop VC game).

Start with Advance Wars on the Wii U VC instead, it has similar gameplay but better.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm playing through Fire Emblem GBA on Wii U Virtual Console and it's not a bad introduction either, it lacks the amenities of the later games obviously but it's pretty easy to drop into. The first 10 chapters of the game are like a self-contained story that slowly introduces all the elements to you (the actual battles are pretty quick though compared to the back half of the game).

I'm on chapter 25 now and it's getting pretty hairy to win without losing people. My archers and riders are just too drat squishy.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

less laughter posted:

Start with Advance Wars on the Wii U VC instead, it has similar gameplay but better.

No no no no. Advance Wars is built around the idea of disposable units and essentially gives you a fresh slate for every map. Fire Emblem gives you unique units and your progress carries over from map to map, potentially making things significantly more difficult if your main units get killed or you forget to restock weapons. Like, if you like it better? Fine. But FE and AW require a completely different style of strategy.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Davedave24 posted:

Lovely Planet is super great but requires such precision I really wouldn't want to play it with a controller

Was about to post the same thing, I normally prefer to play shooters with a controller but I didn't get very far at all before the game became too twitchy for me to keep up with even with mouse+keyboard.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Artix posted:

No no no no. Advance Wars is built around the idea of disposable units and essentially gives you a fresh slate for every map. Fire Emblem gives you unique units and your progress carries over from map to map, potentially making things significantly more difficult if your main units get killed or you forget to restock weapons. Like, if you like it better? Fine. But FE and AW require a completely different style of strategy.

I like that idea; I refused to ever allow anyone to die when I played through Valkyria Chronicles.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Flint_Paper posted:

OH CHRIST it looks like a game from an alternate universe where Sega didn't poo poo themselves with Chaotix and kept making amazing 2d Sonic games.

Except they handed the writing over to a 13 year old DeviantArt writer. Fortunately they even realize the story is bad and let you turn it off.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

gently caress yeah Freedom Planet

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dehry posted:

Except they handed the writing over to a 13 year old DeviantArt writer. Fortunately they even realize the story is bad and let you turn it off.

So what you're saying is that the writing is the same?

So that Swords and Dungeon demo on the Eshop makes it feel like a poo poo 2D Dark Souls, anyone else tried it?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would recommend that people play Rive as part of that Nindies promotion thing because wow it's actually pretty good

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Lovely Planet devs really made no effort to implement a sensible control scheme for this port, did they?

Also, wow, Soul Axiom runs like poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 18):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Nindies@Home Demo Promotion! - all demos available until June 22; each demo will give you a 15% launch discount for each game
  • RIVE
  • Freedom Planet
  • Runbow
  • Mutant Mudds: Super Challenge
  • forma.8
  • Typoman
  • Soul Axiom
  • Lovely Planet
  • Extreme Exorcism
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Earthbound: Beginnings (NES) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Shiny the Firefly (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 20
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until June 20
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 from June 18-25
    Ice Cream Surfer (Wii U eShop) - €€2.50 / £2.20 from June 18-July 2
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from June 18-July 2
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 from June 18-July 16
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €2.50 / £2.50 from June 18-July 16

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - €39.99 / £34.99 (June 19; digital version includes free theme bundle)
    My Zoo Vet Practice 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
    Pets Resort 3D - £17.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Xeodrifter - €8.99 / £7.99
    Comic Workshop 2 - €4.79 / £4.29 with 40% discount for owners of Comic Workshop
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
    Harvest Moon Theme Bundle - €2.99 / £2.79
    Harvest Moon: Chicken - €0.99 / £0.89
    Harvest Moon: Cow - €0.99 / £0.89
    Harvest Moon: Dog - €0.99 / £0.89
    Harvest Moon: Horse - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    Own Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker or Cocoto Magic Circus 2, get the other free! - ends July 2
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 21
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 from June 18-25
    Battleminer (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 until June 25
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (3DS) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.19 from June 18-July 9
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 from June 18-July 16
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 from June 18-July 16
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 from June 18-July 16
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

This list precludes anything that might get announced at E3, of course.

Harvest Moon; The Lost Valley isn't terrible but you definitely shouldn't go in blind - it's the first of Natsume's independently-made mainline HM games and it has issues, to put it mildly.

Xeodrifter is a Metroid-like from the Mutant Mudds devs; the US version reviewed very well but it doesn't seem like it'll hold up in the new post-Axiom Verge world we all inhabit.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 16, 2015

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Hey guys. I had a really bad accident resulting in a lot of emergency surgery and I really need some help to get back on my feet. I'm selling my new NEW Nintendo 3DS and five games. Please take a look. I need to sell it as a bundle as I have to save the most I can on shipping. The titles are great, if you know someone looking for a system PLEASE tell them about this deal.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3725859&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I would recommend that people play Rive as part of that Nindies promotion thing because wow it's actually pretty good
Yeah, it's really good and I'm even more excited for it after playing it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

So far I've only tried out three of those nindie games. Freedom Planet feels better than I expected, except the bar for her charge up dash thing fills up a little more slowly than I would like after use. Maybe that's upgradable during gameplay though.

Typoman is interesting, although the demo level is basically everything you see in the trailer for the game linked earlier. There's one puzzle in there that could have multiple solutions, though, so that's cool.

The one demo level of Extreme Exorcism felt too samey and uninterestingly arcadey.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
If I had to pick one picross game on 3DS, which one should I get? I've been playing Picross 3D and I want to give the normal style of puzzles a go.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Fooley posted:

If I had to pick one picross game on 3DS, which one should I get? I've been playing Picross 3D and I want to give the normal style of puzzles a go.

Picross DS is great.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So Earthbound Beginnings is literally just the translated NES ROM with no QoL stuff added then, yes?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

So Earthbound Beginnings is literally just the translated NES ROM with no QoL stuff added then, yes?

I think it might play a little different, the ROM most people are familiar with is said to have had some copy protection stuff that jacked up the encounter rate and difficulty.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Picross DS is great.

Definitely Picross DS, it's fantastic.

Illustlogic + Colourful Logic is great too, it has colour puzzles which Picross DS doesn't. You will have to import it, though, and there is some amount of Japanese text.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
eShop sale: http://e3.nintendo.com/offers/

Mario Party 10 - $34.99
Super Mario 3D World - $41.99
New Super Mario Bros. U - $41.99
Captain Toad - $27.99

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - $27.99
Mario Golf World Tour - $20.99
Mario Tennis Open - $27.99
Mario 3D Land - $20.99

Dr. Luigi - $10.49
Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga - $5.59
Mario Golf: Advance Tour - $4.89
Mario Tennis (GBC?) - $4.19

Hyrule Warriors - $41.99
Zelda: Wind Waker HD - $34.99
Zelda: Link Between Worlds - $27.99
Zelda: Minish Cap - $5.59
Zelda: Oracle of Ages - $4.19
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $4.19

Yoshi's New Island - $27.99
Yoshi Touch & Go - $6.99
Yoshi's Island DS - $6.99
Yoshi - $3.49

Lego Batman 2 - $13.99
Lego Batman 3 - $20.99
Lego Hobbit - $13.99
Lego Movie - $13.99

Lego Batman 3 3DS - $13.99
Lego Ninjago Nindroids - $13.99
Lego Ninjago Shadow of Ronin - $13.99
Lego Hobbit 3DS - $13.99
Lego LOTR - $13.99
Lego Movie 3DS - $13.99

Just Dance 4 - $27.99
Just Dance 2014 - $27.99
Just Dance 2015 - $27.99
Just Dance Kids 2014 - $13.99

Wii Party U - $27.99
Animal Crossing New Leaf - $20.99
Fantasy Life - $27.99
Fire Emblem Awakening - $27.99
Kid Icarus Uprising - $24.49
Starfox 64 3D - $27.99

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Sakurazuka posted:

It's literally the Earthbound Zero game that was going to come out in the west but was canceled because they thought it wouldn't sell.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't check Wii U but here are the discounted PAL 3DS games:

Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Starfox 64 3D
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Tennis GBC
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Chibi Robo: Let's Go, Photo!

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I can't check Wii U but here are the discounted PAL 3DS games:

Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem Awakening
Animal Crossing New Leaf
Starfox 64 3D
Mario Tennis Open
Mario Tennis GBC
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Chibi Robo: Let's Go, Photo!
I just checked and the Wii U deals are:
Hyrule Warriors £27.99 (was £39.99)
Metroid Prime Trilogy £12.59 (was £17.99)
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones £4.40 (was £6.29)
Mario Power Tennis £4.40 (was £6.29)
Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga £4.40 (was £6.29)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

greatn posted:

I think it might play a little different, the ROM most people are familiar with is said to have had some copy protection stuff that jacked up the encounter rate and difficulty.

Was that ever patched?

Also, did they change Giyig's name to Giygas?

Anora posted:

So what you're saying is that the writing is the same?

Oh, people can and have done worse than Sega. And Chris-chan has done worse than all of them put together. Welcome to the internet. There is no bottom.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 17, 2015

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Edit: doublepost

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
EDIT: Japan's getting Live-A-Live on the Wii U VC next week, too.

GUNSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR: http://archives.sega.jp/3d/gh/

The new mode they've added for 3D Gunstar Heroes is a "full spec" mode that gives you access to all the weapons at once and lets you switch between Red/Blue on the fly. There's also a toggle for new players that increases the amount of energy you spawn with.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jun 17, 2015

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

GUNSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR: http://archives.sega.jp/3d/gh/

The new mode they've added for 3D Gunstar Heroes is a "full spec" mode that gives you access to all the weapons at once and lets you switch between Red/Blue on the fly. There's also a toggle for new players that increases the amount of energy you spawn with.

Forget E3, this is what I am waiting for!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are some NA Wii U VC dates:

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - June 18th
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - June 25th
Starfox Command - June 25th

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

In case anyone missed it, here's an eshop game coming out this year- Fast Racing NEO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARlPpnBMdf8
gameplay starts at around 5:30, the game runs at 60FPS 720p
Shin'en make some amazing Nintendo exclusives and this looks like it might be their best yet

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - June 25th
Starfox Command - June 25th

Ouch, a double whammy next week?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't hate SF Command but it's definitely a weird game that's nowhere near as fun as the real SF2. (Someone asked Miyamoto if they'd put SF2 on the VC and he said no. Lame.)

The Freedom Planet devs confirmed the game would be out on Wii U on August 3, too.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Freedom Planet devs confirmed the game would be out on Wii U on August 3, too.

gently caress yeah. I am so down for this

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 18):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Nindies@Home Demo Promotion! - all demos available until June 22; each demo will give you a 15% launch discount for each game
  • RIVE
  • Freedom Planet
  • Runbow
  • forma.8
  • Typoman
  • Soul Axiom
  • Lovely Planet
  • Extreme Exorcism
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Earthbound: Beginnings (NES) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - €34.99 / £27.99 until June 23
    Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii DL) - €13.99 / £12.59 until June 23
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC) - €4.89 / £4.40 until June 23
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U VC) - €4.89 / £4.40 until June 23
    Mario Power Tennis (Wii U VC) - €4.89 / £4.40 until June 23
    Shiny the Firefly (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 20
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until June 20
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 25
    Ice Cream Surfer (Wii U eShop) - €€2.50 / £2.20 until July 2
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until July 2
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 until July 16
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €2.50 / £2.50 until July 16

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley - €39.99 / £34.99 (June 19; digital version includes free theme bundle)
    My Zoo Vet Practice 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
    Pets Resort 3D - £17.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Smash Controller - €0.99 / £0.89 (lets you use your 3DS as a controller with the Wii U version of Smash)
    Xeodrifter - €8.99 / £7.99
    Comic Workshop 2 - €4.79 / £4.29 with 40% discount for owners of Comic Workshop
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
    Harvest Moon Theme Bundle - €2.99 / £2.79
    Harvest Moon: Chicken - €0.99 / £0.89
    Harvest Moon: Cow - €0.99 / £0.89
    Harvest Moon: Dog - €0.99 / £0.89
    Harvest Moon: Horse - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - €31.49 / £? until July 23
    Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) - €31.49 / £27.99 until July 23
    Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 until July 23
    Starfox 64 3D (3DS) - €31.49 / £27.99 until July 23
    Mario Tennis Open (3DS) - €31.49 / £27.99 until July 23
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 until July 23
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 until July 23
    Chibi-Robo: Let's Go, Photo! (3DS eShop) - €9.09 / £8.18 until July 23
    Mario Tennis (3DS VC) - €3.49 / £3.19 until July 23
    Own Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker or Cocoto Magic Circus 2, get the other free! - ends July 2
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 21
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 25
    Battleminer (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 until June 25
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (3DS) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.19 until July 9
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 until July 16
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 until July 16
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until July 16
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of June 18):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Jurassic World - $49.99
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Fat City - $12.99
    Life of Pixel - $?
    Solitaire Dungeon Escape - $4.99
  • RIVE
  • Freedom Planet
  • Runbow
  • forma.8
  • Typoman
  • Soul Axiom
  • Lovely Planet
  • Extreme Exorcism
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Earthbound Beginnings (NES) - $6.99
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Don't Starve: Giant Edition (Wii U eShop) - buy one, get one free until June 28
    Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - $41.99 until June 23
    New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) - $41.99 until June 23
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U) - $27.99 until June 23
    Mario Party 10 (Wii U) - $34.99 until June 23
    Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - $41.99 until June 23
    The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U) - $34.99 until June 23
    Wii Party U (Wii U) - $27.99 until June 23
    Just Dance 4 (Wii U) - $27.99 until June 23
    Just Dance 2014 (Wii U) - $27.99 until June 23
    Just Dance 2015 (Wii U) - $27.99 until June 23
    Just Dance 2014 Kids (Wii U) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO Batman 2 (Wii U) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO Batman 3 (Wii U) - $20.99 until June 23
    LEGO The Hobbit (Wii U) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO The Movie (Wii U) - $13.99 until June 23
    Dr. Luigi (Wii U eShop) - $10.49 until June 23
    Yoshi's Island DS (Wii U VC) - $6.99 until June 23
    Yoshi Touch & Go (Wii U VC) - $6.99 until June 23
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U VC) - $5.59 until June 23
    Mario Golf: Advance Tour (Wii U VC) - $4.89 until June 23
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Wii U VC) - $5.59 until June 23
    Knytt Underground (Wii U eShop)- "on sale" until June 22
    Stick It To The Man (Wii U eShop)- "on sale" until June 22
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop)- $7.49 until June 22
    Lone Survivor: Directors' Cut (Wii U eShop)- "on sale" until June 25
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop)- "on sale" until June 25
    Cubemen 2 (Wii U eShop)- $4.49 until June 25
    PING 1.5+ (Wii U eShop)- 42.99" until June 25
    Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop)- $3.20 from June 20-27
    Zacisa's Last Stand (Wii U eShop)- $1.19 until July 9

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO Jurassic World - $29.99
    BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma - $19.99 (demo)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Smash Controller - $0.99 (lets you use your 3DS as a controller with the Wii U version of Smash)
    Comic Workshop 2 - $9.99
    Best of Board Games - Chess - $9.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - $1.99 (available until July 1)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Super Mario 3D Land (3DS) - $20.99 until June 23
    Mario Tennis Open (3DS) - $27.99 until June 23
    Mario Golf World Tour (3DS) - $20.99 until June 23
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS) - $27.99 until June 23
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - $26.99 until June 23
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS) - $27.99 until June 23
    Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) - $20.99 until June 23
    Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) - $27.99 until June 23
    Fantasy Life (3DS) - $27.99 until June 23
    Starfox 64 3D (3DS) - $27.99 until June 23
    Kid Icarus Uprising (3DS) - $24.49 until June 23
    LEGO Batman 3 (3DS) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO The Movie (3DS) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO Lord of the Rings (3DS) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO The Hobbit (3DS) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO Ninjago: Nindroids (3DS) - $13.99 until June 23
    LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin (3DS) - $13.99 until June 23
    Mario Tennis (3DS VC) - $4.19 until June 23
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (3DS VC) - $4.19 until June 23
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (3DS VC) - $4.19 until June 23
    Yoshi (3DS VC) - $3.49 until June 23
    Etrian Odyssey Untold (3DS) - $14.99 until June 22
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - $7.49 until June 22
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until June 25
    Family Tennis 3D (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until June 25
    Family Table Tennis 3D (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until June 25
    Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop)- $3.20 from June 20-27
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS)- $14.99 from June 22-29
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS)- $14.99 from June 22-29
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

I like Yoshi Touch & Go.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I like Yoshi Touch & Go.

Them's fightin' words.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Is Fantasy Life any good as a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory-ish game?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is Fantasy Life any good as a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory-ish game?

I picked it up yesterday on sale to try it out and it seems ok so far. I've heard if you get past the boring tutorial area that it's a lot of fun when it opens up. I have not gotten past the tutorial yet but the art style/writing is charming enough.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

I don't hate SF Command but it's definitely a weird game that's nowhere near as fun as the real SF2. (Someone asked Miyamoto if they'd put SF2 on the VC and he said no. Lame.)

I found a DS copy of it and could not stand it due to the touch-only controls. I was excited when I saw that it was coming to Wii U, but then I realised that they will do the same stupid thing there, except with the GamePad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
How good of a port is SF643D? I almost pulled the trigger on it last time it went on sale, I just need something to tear me away from MH4U for even a little while.