Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
gently caress you all where is my Fallout Shelter Android info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
Man, everybody is going nuts over skills even though Bethesda didn't reveal a leveling system. I think that we should wait just a tad before breaking out the pitchforks.

Overall the built-in crafting should help to eliminate bunch of mods that you have to run now, same with VATS improvements, housing and all the other poo poo.

I wonder if ammo crafting aand different ammo is still in, I really hope so. Armor handling looks better as well. As long as mod support is good, leveling can be fixed.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

frajaq posted:

Yeah, hope they do fun stuff with what the Perk Ranks do tho!

maybe they'll can boring poo poo from perks in a few games while grognards begrudgingly adjust

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gently caress you all where is my Fallout Shelter Android info

they said they'll say something about it soon.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
once all the apple nerds have had their fill of being elite and exclusive.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Volkerball posted:

once all the apple nerds have had their fill of being elite and exclusive.

You just said they'd talk about it soon though

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oblomov posted:

Man, everybody is going nuts over skills even though Bethesda didn't reveal a leveling system. I think that we should wait just a tad before breaking out the pitchforks.

Overall the built-in crafting should help to eliminate bunch of mods that you have to run now, same with VATS improvements, housing and all the other poo poo.

I wonder if ammo crafting aand different ammo is still in, I really hope so. Armor handling looks better as well. As long as mod support is good, leveling can be fixed.

Yeah. We're speculating a lot on how it would work from how little we've seen.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
You get 25 points that are worth 1/25th of a perk per level but you can only spend them all at once.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

zedprime posted:

You don't eat because you are, plot twist, a replicant.

Just like you aren't actually straight or closeted with a beard and a kid because, plot twist you are a replicant. Something something robotic free will yourself gay. It writes itself.

If they didn't take that route in writing they missed out because its super easy to pretend you are super deep by aping off Asimov or Dick.

I'm going to assume you just misquoted me.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dunno about Fallout 4 but Fallout Shelter is pretty decent. I like it so far.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I was wondering what I had missed after I went to sleep last night but it seems like it was more of Crawlkill whining because they didn't make FO4 a carbon copy of the previous games.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

khy posted:

I was wondering what I had missed after I went to sleep last night but it seems like it was more of Crawlkill whining because they didn't make FO4 a carbon copy of the previous games.

He hates all of them as well. Apparently he only plays them because he can't comprehend that people like things that he doesn't. A compulsion which, based on his post history, haunts his every waking moment and, if it extends beyond the Fallout franchise (or worse, beyond video games in general) must make his life a living hell.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gravy Jones posted:

must make his life a living hell.

We can only dare to dream.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Tei posted:

Yea. If Int is linked to XP generation speed, and Content is locked to Levels, then Content unlocking is directly dependant of Int. That is weird for a RPG. Except if all other skills are linked to leveling, like charisma allowing to get a stream of XP in conversations, and dex allowing you to craft poo poo that give you xp. But them, what is the point of Int again?.

I suppose we will see how the system works in november.

If this game follows in Bethesda tradition of content scaling then int would do hypothetically nothing at all. It would allow you to set up your build quicker (how much quicker? 10%? 20?) but if everything scales with you (dunno if that's true) it would all be zero sum. Even leveling slightly faster seems pretty eh.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I forgot to point out was that the crafting screen was accessed through a workbench, and I didn't see a menu for it in the pipboy anywhere. So you probably won't just be able to open up your pip boy on the go and see if you need this toaster to make that barrel you wanted.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Gravy Jones posted:

You get 25 points that are worth 1/25th of a perk per level but you can only spend them all at once.

So I've got 3 of 5 skillperkranks in lockpick and I need 4 to crack this safe. I have to spend 100% of my skillperkranks at level up on lockpick if I want to be able to open it next level? That makes leveling up a bit less fun. I'd rather get a little better at shooting and sneaking and healing and be able to open it in two, given that just getting better at locks won't help me not die in the meantime.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mendrian posted:

If this game follows in Bethesda tradition of content scaling then int would do hypothetically nothing at all. It would allow you to set up your build quicker (how much quicker? 10%? 20?) but if everything scales with you (dunno if that's true) it would all be zero sum. Even leveling slightly faster seems pretty eh.

Bethesda games also tend to get much much worse to play at higher levels so faster leveling might even be a penalty in a way.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Speedball posted:

Dunno about Fallout 4 but Fallout Shelter is pretty decent. I like it so far.

It basically won't run on my ancient phone so when the Android version comes out, I am going to see if I can convince my wife to play it, lol.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Back Hack posted:

I'm going to assume you just misquoted me.
I was pointing out that revolutionary FO4 is going to turn wasteland plot tropes on their head. You don't eat in FO4 because you are a robot. Everyone else eats your tato plants in Shanty Town because you're not about to eat them as a robot. I then bridged to other hot button topics that could be solved by the simple replicant plot twist.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So one thing that having a fully voiced protagonist adds to the game that I want to see incorporated into the final product is idle banter between the protagonist and his companions. Not just dialogue trees but poo poo like idle comments about places you pass, or hell who knows even banter mid-combat.

It'd definitely make those long wasteland journeys more interesting if they weren't filled with total silence from your travelling buddy.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

zedprime posted:

I was pointing out that revolutionary FO4 is going to turn wasteland plot tropes on their head. You don't eat in FO4 because you are a robot. Everyone else eats your tato plants in Shanty Town because you're not about to eat them as a robot. I then bridged to other hot button topics that could be solved by the simple replicant plot twist.

The plot is you're The Replicated Man and you go to the Capital Wasteland and just wander around Rivet City for 18 hours after the intro sequence.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Orv posted:

We can only dare to dream.

i for one am enjoying his essays re: bethesda hate, pls don't kinkshame.

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014
Plot Twist: Boston is a Plane of Oblivion

Orv
May 4, 2011

cthulhoo posted:

i for one am enjoying his essays re: bethesda hate, pls don't kinkshame.

Hey if NMA's basement leaking is what you're into I won't stop you.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Cephalocidal posted:

So I've got 3 of 5 skillperkranks in lockpick and I need 4 to crack this safe. I have to spend 100% of my skillperkranks at level up on lockpick if I want to be able to open it next level? That makes leveling up a bit less fun. I'd rather get a little better at shooting and sneaking and healing and be able to open it in two, given that just getting better at locks won't help me not die in the meantime.

You wouldn't say that if you knew what was in the safe

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Count Canuckula posted:

This is absolutely true on September 1st.

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Gravy Jones posted:

You wouldn't say that if you knew what was in the safe
It had better not be a smaller safe.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

khy posted:

So one thing that having a fully voiced protagonist adds to the game that I want to see incorporated into the final product is idle banter between the protagonist and his companions. Not just dialogue trees but poo poo like idle comments about places you pass, or hell who knows even banter mid-combat.

It'd definitely make those long wasteland journeys more interesting if they weren't filled with total silence from your travelling buddy.

I can't remember a companion well written by Bethesda.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Count Canuckula posted:

Nah, they are already using that capital for Hell in the new Doom.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Dogmeat.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

It will turn out the Dog is a replicant too.
Also how did Codsworth survive after 200 years and not be beaten to scrap metal by raiders or dismantled for something else by other wastelanders?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

There's a first time for everything

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Count Canuckula posted:

ayyy lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

The Adoring fan.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Also how did Codsworth survive after 200 years and not be beaten to scrap metal by raiders or dismantled for something else by other wastelanders?

The same way any other Mr Handy survived 200 years? It's not like Codsworth is a unique example in the Fallout universe. Not every raider is gonna want to mess with a flamethrower wielding flying robot.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Man, even though this looks considerably better than the reveal trailer and fine overall, Bethesda still is completely unable to infuse faces with personality. When they showed the couple in the bathroom my first thought was "this looks better than Skyrim at least", but then they started talking and looking at each other, ugh. Not to mention the salesman. I don't even know what the real problem is, just that I'm mostly able to get over the uncanny valley in games, no matter how old or graphically dated, but I just can't take anbything anyone says in a Bethesda game seriously. The fact that the writing is poo poo too probably compounds the issue.

Will play 1000s of hours of this regardless.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There any more info about this game since I went to bed, or have things died down?

Count Canuckula
Oct 22, 2014

Mr. Fortitude posted:

He turned them away at the door

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Azhais posted:

The same way any other Mr Handy survived 200 years? It's not like Codsworth is a unique example in the Fallout universe. Not every raider is gonna want to mess with a flamethrower wielding flying robot.

Other Mr Handy's didn't stay in the exact same spot for 200 years unless they broke down. They moved around or were found by scavengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
A little bit of semen is coming out.

• Locked thread