Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I like Chandra's Ignition as a mono-R board wipe. I could see it being a pretty good sideboard card in R/x Dragon decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn

Rinkles posted:

Yup. Is there a name for this limbo zone?

It is on the Stack.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rinkles posted:

The Stack.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

AlternateNu posted:

I like Chandra's Ignition as a mono-R board wipe. I could see it being a pretty good sideboard card in R/x Dragon decks.

There's also the flavor win in that you can use Chandra's Ignition targeting Chandra, which causes Chandra to flip into a Planeswalker.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jun 15, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

There's also the flavor win in that you can use Chandra's Ignition targeting Chandra, which causes Chandra to flip into a Planeswalker.

Which is the sign that this is part of a cycle.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

There's also the flavor win in that you can use Chandra's Ignition targeting Chandra, which then enables Chandra to flip into a Planeswalker.

Yeah but does it give her haste?

Mercykiller
Oct 22, 2009
e;fb

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Angry Grimace posted:

I wager all 5 walkers will have something like this.

Nissa's Grove
Sorcery

Search your library for a basic forest card and put it on to the battlefield tapped. Repeat this process as many times as you like.

Cost it at gggg and :getin:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Rinkles posted:

"Resolving" is the closest term I've seen being used for it. It's still a v clunky mechanic that will probably never get edited but there's a bunch of cards that say "as this resolves". Flame wreath Phoenix I think is the latest iteration of this clunky quirk in the rules and it's different from "when this enters" mechanics, which it also has.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I wager all 5 walkers will have something like this.

Nissa's Grove
Sorcery

Search your library for a basic forest card and put it on to the battlefield tapped. Repeat this process as many times as you like.

Cost it at gggg and :getin:

I can't really envision one that would let you have 7 lands. I guess Explosive Vegetation is a legal card now, but its not exactly super awesome for much other than flipping Nissa.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Serperoth posted:

The Stack.

Ith posted:

It is on the Stack.

The effect is on the stack, not the "card".

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It'll probably be a cycle of Ignitions.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Angry Grimace posted:

This is actually pretty cool, though I don't know how they'd make it work for every other walker.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Rinkles posted:

Remand:

quote:

Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put it into its owner's hand instead of into that player's graveyard.
Draw a card.

So the spell is an effect on the stack, and you put the effect back into your hand? What a world!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

bhsman posted:

This is actually pretty cool, though I don't know how they'd make it work for every other walker.

Jace's Ignition

Draw 4 cards, then discard 4 cards. (it could actually even just be three since Jace's ability + the card itself would get to 5).

Liliana's Ignition

As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a creature. Return target creature card in your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a zombie in addition to its other types.

Nissa's Ignition

??????????

I'm no card designer, but it seems like it would be pretty easy to whip up Sorceries that enable the flip conditions. Except for Nissa's.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 15, 2015

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Angry Grimace posted:

I can't really envision one that would let you have 7 lands. I guess Explosive Vegetation is a legal card now, but its not exactly super awesome for much other than flipping Nissa.

GGGG, target a creature, search your deck for basic forests up to their CMC, put into play. Nissa costs 3, gets you 1 when she comes in, then her sorcery gets you 3 more, triggering her.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Rinkles posted:

The stack is an actual game zone where cards can exist, same as battlefield/hand/library/etc.

quote:

601.2a The player announces that he or she is casting the spell. That card (or that copy of a card) moves from where it is to the stack. [...]

E: the description of the stack makes it even clearer:

quote:

405.1. When a spell is cast, the physical card is put on the stack (see rule 601.2a). [...]

Nibble fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 15, 2015

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Rinkles posted:

Wrongo! I'm surprised you're saying this, since it was your question that started it, indicating your knowledge was iffy.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
when we do Return to Magic Origins there will be a cycle of Remix to Ignitions

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bhsman posted:

jace and lili ignitions can just be functional reprints of tome scour and bone splinters, nissa just has to have a big ramp effect and gideon hasnt been spoiled

er i cant check im on my phone but im pretty sure im remembering right that tome scour is target player

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Wrongo! I'm surprised you're saying this, since it was your question that started it, indicating your knowledge was iffy.

That was understanding of the stack. I appreciate being schooled.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Does everything actually have to be a same-name cycle? It seems likely to me that "Chandra's Ignition" might also be a D&D-style spell name.

I hope they go that route, anyways. Wanna cast that Beleren's Disjunction.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

forbidden lesbian posted:

jace and lili ignitions can just be functional reprints of tome scour and bone splinters, nissa just has to have a big ramp effect and gideon hasnt been spoiled

er i cant check im on my phone but im pretty sure im remembering right that tome scour is target player

Gideon's might be a functional reprint of Assassinate

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Angry Grimace posted:

Jace's Ignition

Draw 4 cards, then discard 4 cards. (it could actually even just be three since Jace's ability + the card itself would get to 5).

Liliana's Ignition

As an additional cost to cast ~, sacrifice a creature. Return target creature card in your graveyard to the battlefield. That creature is a zombie in addition to its other types.

Nissa's Ignition

??????????

I'm no card designer, but it seems like it would be pretty easy to whip up Sorceries that enable the flip conditions. Except for Nissa's.

Nissa's Ignition 2GG

Search your library for up to 3 basic land cards and put them on to the battlefield. At end of turn return 3 land cards from the battlefield to your hand.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Balon posted:

Nissa's Ignition 2GG

Search your library for up to 3 basic land cards and put them on to the battlefield. At end of turn return 3 land cards from the battlefield to your hand.

This will go great in my Modern Scapeshift EDH

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Angry Grimace posted:

Jace's Ignition

Liliana's Ignition

Nissa's Ignition

??????????

Nissa's Ignition 2GG
Sorcery
Search your library for up to three lands and put them into play tapped.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gideon's might be a functional reprint of Assassinate

Gideon is just going to be a color shifted Norrit.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

Nissa's Ignition 2GG
Sorcery

Not sure if this is different enough from Explosive Vegetation though. It just seems like the same thing except you get three for the same CMC (albeit more color requirements).

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 15, 2015

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Boco_T posted:

D.O.N.T

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Yawgmoth posted:

Nissa's Ignition 2GG
Sorcery

It would have to be basic lands or it would be broken as hell.

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
I think the green ignition would just put them into your hand. 3 mana draw 3 lands isn't an awful card to be honest.

That or it would be 5 mana and get you 3 forests into play. They've done 2 mana for 1, 4 mana for 2, but I do not think there is a card that gets you exactly 3 lands, and 5 seems fair for it. (at 6 you have the thing that doubles the # of lands you have?)

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Boco_T posted:

And now I have a R. Kelly song stuck in my head. Now I'm pissed.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

Not sure if this is different enough from Explosive Vegetation though. It just seems like the same thing except you get three for the same CMC (albeit more color requirements).

Uh, isn't vegetation basic lands only?. I can't see them printing 2GG search up to 3 lands (any) and put them into play tapped.

Holy poo poo no.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
chandra's ignition choosing dragonlord ojutai seems good, especially since it kills their ojuta

e: his on hit is combat damage 5 to everything keeping your hexproof finisher is the good part :I

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

black potus posted:

chandra's ignition choosing dragonlord ojutai seems good, especially since it kills their ojutai

Probably better than most other dragon targets at the least. Everyone seems to be busy thinking of R/G Dragons with Atarka.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Angry Grimace posted:

Nissa's Ritual G
Instant
Put three forest tokens into play. These all have "at end of turn, sacrifice this."

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rinkles posted:

That was understanding of the stack. I appreciate being schooled.

I was gonna make a snarky comment about how you shouldn't post if you don't know, but I like your attitude towards education. :)

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Chandra's Ignition will be an EDH superstar with cards that do wither, infect, lifelink etc.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Serperoth posted:

I was gonna make a snarky comment about how you shouldn't post if you don't know, but I like your attitude towards education. :)

Snarky comments are kind of what rabidsquid was talking about. Unless the other person's being a jerk, don't be one yourself (unless its particularly funny)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I love the flavor hit of Chandra's Ignition so much.

• Locked thread