Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

goose fleet posted:

If Hillary wins, what happens to Bill? Like, what is the male equivalent of First Lady?

First Laddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Dear Friend, I'm about to ask you to make a sacrifice in the next 48 hours. But before I do, I want you to know: I wouldn't ask you if I hadn't already done it myself. Please let me briefly explain. You see, running for President of the United States is a significant sacrifice. Only through prayer and many late night discussions with my wife, family, and closest friends did I make THE decision. And I must share with you -- I've committed to sacrificing a great deal for our campaign. Health and sleep: My runoff campaign for the Senate in 2012 took a toll, but now I'm sacrificing even more sleep with long nights and constant travel. And the pizza diet is a staple on the campaign trail. Personal time: You think of this the least, but as a candidate, my days are no longer my own. Days start before dawn and many times don't end until early the next morning. There is almost no personal time when you run for president. Friend, I've chosen to sacrifice part of mine and my families lives to run for President -- but I think you will agree with me that the sacrifice is well worth it. Unless courageous conservatives are willing to make tough sacrifices to stand up and fight, we will not be able to restore America. For liberty, Ted Cruz.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Insect Court posted:

Imperator Fioriosa

Are there any other recent presidential campaigns where the candidate used his first name on campaign materials instead of his last? Because I can't think of one, and "Jeb!" is a lot like "Don't think of a polar bear".

Also, JEB isn't his first name.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

First Bro

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

goose fleet posted:

If Hillary wins, what happens to Bill? Like, what is the male equivalent of First Lady?

First Gentleman. It's already the official title, and what's more, we have already had a few!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first_gentlemen_in_the_United_States

It's only been used for state governors before.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

First Lord

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Hillary, Bernie, Carly, Santorum.

Rand. Newt.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GlyphGryph posted:

Hillary did nothing wrong.

I wouldn't allow "reporters" from Stormfront or VDARE at my events if I was running for president, it's not irrational to turn away people from the Mail just the same.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 15, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

goose fleet posted:

Bill fucks off to the jazz club, Chelsea takes over FLOTUS duties

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Bill gets his dream job of loafing around the White House smoking doobies and eating moon pies

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

neonnoodle posted:

Bill gets his dream job of loafing around the White House smoking doobies and eating moon pies
I'm sure in Fox News' reality this was the years 1993-2000 for him

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 22, 2016

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Three women are singing in spanish and playing acoustic guitar, if you're wondering if you should check this out.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

trapped mouse posted:

Three women are singing in spanish and playing acoustic guitar, if you're wondering if you should check this out.

They're also doing A/V repair in between songs

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

FAUXTON posted:

Does O'Malley have a chicken farm to which he gave Drudge a key or something? This fawning is getting creepy.

Who else can he fawn over that's running? Pretty much every other person in the race on either side is doughy or average build at most. I almost feel bad for Drudge sometimes because if he ever comes out of the closet his position in the right wing media is basically done because his most ardent followers are largely the extreme right who will loving bolt from his site.

Kor posted:

Does Trump have anything particular to shill, or is this just the ultimate in ego-stroking vanity runs? I don't see him being on the ground schmoozing it up with the proles the way other candidates do in the primaries, and at this point the debates are far away enough I see him taking his ball and going home way before he has to actually defend or stand for anything in more than 140 characters.

If he was a smart person and not Donald Trump I'd say his announcement tomorrow will be something like "after giving it great consideration and surveying the field I've decided that America needs a great leader and as such I am announcing my support for [GOP Chosen One (Jeb)] as President of the United States and hope you will too."

Then he gets to leapfrog to the front of the line for favors if that person manages to win since even he knows he has no loving chance at winning the primary let alone the general election, nor would he want to because he's all about money.

And few things would open the doors to a fuckload of money than having the POTUS owe you for early support.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

A photo that takes one's breath away. Does nobody on the campaign have access to an air compressor?

Looks like Jeb has access to two of them.

goose fleet posted:

First Lord Inquisitor of the Imperium of Hilary.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They're also doing A/V repair in between songs

I feel like I'm watching a high school talent show

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I... don't get it. What the hell is that there for?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
Is it just me, or is this whole 'turning an announcement speech into a 3 hour event' thing new this year? I don't remember them trotting out a dozen 'special guests' and a preacher in previous campaign years.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

"Jeb does not marginalized people based on who they are"

*shuffles copies of the scarlet letter under the podium*

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
RB Holmes makes Jesse Jackson look like an introvert

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

site posted:

I... don't get it. What the hell is that there for?

Probably sample code when they were creating Angluar models (The site is build on AngularJS). Probably forgot to get rid of it, since you can't expose it anywhere. Here's a better view of it:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Okay, so is Jeb Bush running under the democratic ticket?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Edit: Double post :(

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

"Jeb Bush is a visionarian."

If that's an actual quote, then gently caress it. I'm putting all my support behind "Bushisms 2: Bush more hard"

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Is it me or does this video sound more like Democratic messaging than Republican?

Edit: It's not me.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

goose fleet posted:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

richardfun posted:

Is it just me, or is this whole 'turning an announcement speech into a 3 hour event' thing new this year? I don't remember them trotting out a dozen 'special guests' and a preacher in previous campaign years.

More candidates means a tougher fight for airtime overall.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Has Jeb Bush always been this pro-education?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

If these intro speeches are indicative of anything Jeb is gonna be pushing charter schools hard this cycle.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

trapped mouse posted:

For certain definitions of "pro" and "education."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Drastic Actions posted:

Probably sample code when they were creating Angluar models (The site is build on AngularJS). Probably forgot to get rid of it, since you can't expose it anywhere. Here's a better view of it:

Ah, that makes more sense, thanks.

Always a pro comic

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

trapped mouse posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Jeb Bush is pro-education in the same way that lions are pro-gazelle.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

trapped mouse posted:

Following in his father's footsteps as "The Education President."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GoT season 6: The Panhandle Remembers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Christ, finally

• Locked thread