Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is there an eyepatch in this game that covers the right eye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Jay Rust posted:

one of the PUG/MNK like the i70 one that's now a random drop.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The bogatyr caster eyepatch is i100 and drops in the expert roulette, and also looks dope.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanks!

It'd be cool if the /visor command made the eyepatches switch eyes.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

freezerburn26 posted:

Okay, good to know. I really want to give it another shot with the expansion dropping. I might just roll a new toon since I basically don't remember anything at all though. Are there any active goons at low levels?

There's a new goon free company (aka guild) called Third Party Tools that was made since the previous two are pretty full. There should be old and new goon alike there that sign up for the expansion. Plus there's three new jobs in the expansion that start at lv30 and they'll be doing low level content to level up, or even people leveling other classes up. There'll be plenty of opportunities to play with other goons while getting to expansion content.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Help me!

I do my subscription on 3-month intervals, but I'd like to add another 30 days just to keep the vet rewards on round numbers. I'm told you can do this using Paypal and Crysta, somehow? Please explain.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

the gryphonskin one does

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Captain Oblivious posted:

And the English translation can lead to all the same conclusions. One just has to actually have the ability to infer things from context! :v:

I never said that it couldn't! :v:

I am not really equipped to comment on the localized version of the scene, but I have seen quite a few people scratching their heads over it. Which would suggest (to me, at least) that either it requires a higher level of inference, or the less-is-more approach to dragonspeak could use some work.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

pksage posted:

Can someone with more free time than I have right now prepare A Min-Maxer's Guide To Pre-Thursday Challenge Log Preparation?

Unless you're trying to save challenge log for a higher level closer to Monday night, this should work for you:

Combat:
- Run 2 dungeons via Duty Roulette (commend 2 people)
- Run 2 more dungeons via direct queuing (commend 2 people)
- Run 9 guildhests (commend no one, sorry sprouts)
- Do 9 fates in 4 zones and get A on all of them (Make sure one of the starting zones is left out of the 4)
- Complete 19 Leve quests using only 4 different levequest types
- Complete a 20th levequest of a 5th type, but do not turn it in

Now when HW is live you do:
- 1 dungeon via duty roulette (commend a person) [ Completes 3 challenge log entries ]
- 1 guildhest [ Completes 1 challenge log entry ]
- 1 fate in a starter zone and get A [ Completes 2 challenge log entries ]
- Turn in your saved levequest [ Completes 2 challenge log entries ]

That alone is something like 105 or 115% of a level in experience. How you min max it by finishing them at different levels or anticipating running dungeons is up to you.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

nuru posted:

Unless you're trying to save challenge log for a higher level closer to Monday night, this should work for you:

Combat:
- Run 2 dungeons via Duty Roulette (commend 2 people)
- Run 2 more dungeons via direct queuing (commend 2 people)
- Run 9 guildhests (commend no one, sorry sprouts)
- Do 9 fates in 4 zones and get A on all of them (Make sure one of the starting zones is left out of the 4)
- Complete 19 Leve quests using only 4 different levequest types
- Complete a 20th levequest of a 5th type, but do not turn it in

Now when HW is live you do:
- 1 dungeon via duty roulette (commend a person) [ Completes 3 challenge log entries ]
- 1 guildhest [ Completes 1 challenge log entry ]
- 1 fate in a starter zone and get A [ Completes 2 challenge log entries ]
- Turn in your saved levequest [ Completes 2 challenge log entries ]

That alone is something like 105 or 115% of a level in experience. How you min max it by finishing them at different levels or anticipating running dungeons is up to you.

i think i'm just going to play the game and hit monsters with an axe, personally

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

lmao if you're not going to fulfill all the challenge log criteria from Friday-Tuesday anyway

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Man that assumes we'll be able to log in with any regularity.

cousin.avi
Oct 1, 2005

Azerban posted:

i think i'm just going to play the game and hit monsters with an axe, personally

I'm with this guy.

Since we're talking story... Back when you're still running stuff for the Adventurers Guild, you run into a NPC party that is bitching out their healer for letting what I think was the tank die. At the time my FC said I would see them make a return later in the story but I've finished the MSQ and can't remember if they did or not.

Do they actually show back up and I just totally missed it? Seems like a minor thing but it stuck with me for whatever reason.

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
Have you done Tamtara hard? They show up there.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Thank you!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

fount of knowledge posted:

lmao if you're not going to fulfill all the challenge log criteria from Friday-Tuesday anyway

That seems unlikely for hests, leves, and possibly fates depending how things shake out.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Well, I did it.

These orange numbers are a mark of both achievement and shame.

Guess I'll go get my Curtana.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Seibikitei posted:

Do they actually show back up and I just totally missed it? Seems like a minor thing but it stuck with me for whatever reason.

yeah you should do Tamtara hard, it owns.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ActionZero posted:

Well, I did it.

These orange numbers are a mark of both achievement and shame.

Guess I'll go get my Curtana.

The only thing shameful is you haven't been desynthing anything.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

OneDeadman posted:

yeah you should do Tamtara hard, it owns.

This can't be stressed enough. Don't skip the cutscenes either.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Thundarr posted:

Also get a group that is ok with you reading all the notes on the dungeon floor, bonus points if they mark the notes for you.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
what is this queue bullshit

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Boris Galerkin posted:

The masses suddenly remembering you need to finish the MSQ for Ishgard.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
"You cannot leave this area."

Oh, OK, I'll just relog :v:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Looks like all of excalibur except the gold saucer crashed.

Ith
May 16, 2004
not azn
Got booted out of the game when I finished a dungeon and now I am gett a 90002 error trying to get back in.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Boris Galerkin posted:

They except me to wait in a queue, like an animal? Cancel the expansion, gently caress it.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

freezerburn26 posted:

I played back at 2.0 launch but ended up on Faerie because of all the massive queuing. I'm looking to come back and play some more. I'm currently level 35. Is it worth rerolling on excalibur to come play with you guys?

There are several goons on Faerie, but we're all spread out in different FCs. If you want to be in a huge FC with goons on at all hours of the day, you're only going to get that on Excalibur. However, come Friday even Faerie is likely to have queues (albeit smaller / less often), so it's something to consider if queues were an issue for you before. I'd be happy to help you as long as you're on Faerie, but I won't be on much until Friday.

freezerburn26 posted:

Okay, good to know. I really want to give it another shot with the expansion dropping. I might just roll a new toon since I basically don't remember anything at all though. Are there any active goons at low levels?

There's not much to know before level 30. It's MMO training wheels for people who have never played an MMO before, so you should be able to jump right in at 35 with minimal difficulty.

I'd still recommend making a new character on Excalibur as soon as possible just to keep your options open. After early access starts, it's going to be extremely difficult to transfer or roll a new character there, but if you have a character made already then that won't be an issue.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The official forums are a terrifying place sometimes.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/238512-Excluse-male-beastman-race-for-next-expansion-after-Heavensward

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Thundarr posted:

Make sure to actually turn it in, too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
FFVII remake just got announced @ E3. Predictions on the inevitable XIV tie-in promo event items? Gun-arm for MST, Buster Sword for DRK?

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 16, 2015

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

I'm trying to scream, but no sound is coming out. Is this normal?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

FFVII remake just got announced @ E3. Predictions on the inevitable XIV tie-in promo event items? Gun-arm for MST, Buster Sword for DRK?

Buster Sword for DRK, Vincent's Death Penalty for MST (assuming the name doesn't get used elsewhere), Premium Heart for MMNK, Princess Guard for WHM, Venus Gospel for DRG? Maybe a pop-up Cait Sith book for SMN/SCH.

Bertram Weatherby fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 16, 2015

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Biggs & Wedge running to 8-Bit Heavensward Theme.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Remakes, remakes all the way down.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Holy crap having to do all these patch quests is a bitch!

So FF14 was Wildstar all along!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

1. How will procreation work?

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Fister Roboto posted:

1. How will procreation work?

In a similar fashion to how you kill a warlock for good.

Just watch out for the rostrum - if it penetrates your skin, it'll exsanguinate you in a matter of seconds.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
:3: This is cute. It also makes me want to listen to Yoko Shimomura stuff for some reason.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
I like the Ishgard theme more than Dragonsong :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Let's clear Odin before HW! :fuckoff:

On second thought let's not.

Seriously though, I learned that I need to do better with my cooldowns. For what it is worth I did try to use then before Sanngetall. Then again I was a WAR so maybe a PLD would have a slightly easier time of it.

• Locked thread