Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

sam altman is a cowardly piece of poo poo:

quote:

@sama

Most smart people I know have decided to just not discuss anything sensitive because of the internet lynchmob looking for any slight mistake

(https://twitter.com/sama/status/610494268151431168)

i unironically hope he's persecuted for expressing the ridiculously lovely opinion that being held accountable for your public opinions is akin to being lynched

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

the talent deficit posted:

sam altman is a cowardly piece of poo poo:

i unironically hope he's persecuted for expressing the ridiculously lovely opinion that being held accountable for your public opinions is akin to being lynched

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

delicious.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

its a wizard 'unt, 'arry

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

triple sulk posted:

its a wizard 'unt, 'arry

i lolled

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
excuse me the technical term is warlock

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
actuall it's wa/rlock

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
sam altman is an enormous whiny turd who has never done anything noteworthy other than fall into the easiest, dot-com-iest money imaginable and have paul graham fall in love with him.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

MeruFM posted:

agreed, if the 2008 bubble's affect on the bay area told me anything

that bubble popping is specifically what let me buy my condo—right when the building was complete, nobody could get financing, so many of the units were unsold even a couple years later. I actually could get financing, so I paid a fraction what the unit was originally bid up to during construction just so the builders could get rid of it.

this was in the South Bay, of course. there's no such thing as unsold housing in SF…

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

delicious

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

sam altman is an enormous whiny turd who has never done anything noteworthy other than fall into the easiest, dot-com-iest money imaginable and have paul graham fall in love with him.

hes also literally gay so it works out

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Shaggar posted:

oh sure some will fold but it will be gradual and most of their assets will be absorbed by something else for cheap which will fuel those with slightly more competent management.

then all the people who cant get jobs in sf will move to the flyovers where they will work for healthcare related companies until they die. their old housing will be purchased by wealthy foreigners who will use it as potential vacation property

please don't share ur biography w us

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that doesn't make any sense

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

i went to a gay strip club saturday night and called an uber to take me and my friends home and the driver was like 'did you have a good time' and wasnt judgy at all so i like uber

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Raere posted:

i went to a gay strip club saturday night and called an uber to take me and my friends home and the driver was like 'did you have a good time' and wasnt judgy at all so i like uber

i would rate that driver 1 star. i don't want strangers commenting on pretty much anything in my life. they aren't my friends.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

fart simpson posted:

i would rate that driver 1 star. i don't want strangers commenting on pretty much anything in my life. they aren't my friends.

wow check out mr goonsay over here

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Raere posted:

nice humble brag. wish someone would invite me to a gay strip club :smith:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i took a ~lyft~ to a wedding and the driver was a really nice guy and i would totally befriend/kiss him

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Cold on a Cob posted:

text quiggs 4 a good time

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

one time i definitely did a thing and nothing terrible happened

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

bassguitarhero posted:

one time i definitely did a thing and nothing terrible happened

yeah but then you posted

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Mr Dog posted:

yeah but then you posted

it all went downhill from there

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can someone explain to me what this is http://www.textmiley.com

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it appears to be an agency that handles recruitment/management of people for menial tasks. they probably hire people for things like brand evangelism at concerts, deliveries, etc.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Kobayashi posted:

Can someone explain to me what this is http://www.textmiley.com

How much will I get paid?
Most positions can expect between $15 to $20 an hour as an independent contractor.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

I don't get it. How do you do this?
Miley has direct relationships with the hottest companies throughout the country. She'll make sure they check out your profile first and help you cut the wait time.

What kind of jobs are available?
The jobs available depend on the companies serving each city. The positions range from delivery, transportation, retail, waitering, and many more.

Most positions can expect between $15 to $20 an hour as an independent contractor.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

they're basically trying to extend the everybodys-a-consultant-so-gently caress-your-benefits model beyond uber et al and into traditional retail

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

bsaically, evil

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well gently caress that and gently caress me for not reading the whole site I guess

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
i saw a commercial for a 1800 number to help you find dentists in your area today. for real.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
i wouldn't have minded that service when I was in college

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

i took a ~lyft~ to a wedding and the driver was a really nice guy and i would totally befriend/kiss him

:nyoron:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

Miley has direct relationships with the hottest companies throughout the country. She'll make sure they check out your profile first and help you cut the wait time.

The jobs available depend on the companies serving each city. The positions range from delivery, transportation, retail, waitering, and many more.

oh cool, so adecco but worse

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

Cold on a Cob posted:

I have PMed you my address. See you soon. :gooncamp:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Munkeymon posted:

vc wants fresh blood meaning new or underexploited markets because otherwise you don't get the unicorns they depend on to offset the legions of flops

ya, we're for sure in an IT security bubble, it's fuckin great. The parties are ballin' and the conferences are huge and I'll be laughin when all the mobile/web pentesters are strugglin to find work cause they don't know how operating systems or networks actually work.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

so this is the poo poo where someone goes "oh poo poo, $12/hour retail?" and then has to pay 45% or w/e tax right?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

theflyingexecutive posted:

so this is the poo poo where someone goes "oh poo poo, $12/hour retail?" and then has to pay 45% or w/e tax right?
i assume its also uber on-call like. we need you for two hours today could you please get dressed and drive to the store oh whoops we only needed you for one hour

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Donald trump is running for president

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

theflyingexecutive posted:

nah you'd pay around 4% + a bit more for social security/medicare.

because you're making under $20,000 a year unless you get full time every week on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Donald trump is running for president

beautiful, isn't it

he wants to build a wall along the border (because walls are impenetrable) with mexico and somehow force mexico to pay for it

also he has a 'secret plan' to defeat isis but he won't say what it is until he's elected

• Locked thread