Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

so I turn on my Wii U after visiting my parents over the weekend

to see motherfucking Ryu staring back at me

jesus sweet loving christ holy almighty god

edit: I am now €30 poorer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

noirstronaut posted:

Is Claus an outfit for Lucas?

Yup, just like the old Brawl days.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
He also has pallete swaps referencing other characters in Mother 3, including the Masked Man. It's neat.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Guys, Smash Bros on Wii U loving OWNS

yeah it's pretty good

bad frog
Dec 21, 2003

listen up

Tonetta posted:

samus got nerfed lol oh well theres always next patch

No she didn't? They buffed the poo poo out of her and zelda's upsmash. It's still mostly garbage, but it's a start

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Ryu is possibly one of the best characters in the game. He's got like a billion kill options. Also there's this, which I've done in matches a few times already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZanlIrkP6w

Focus attack is a really good tool for getting in your kill setups. The fact that he's got attacks that care about button press length is pretty cool too. He's got more attacks than anyone else, which is pretty neat since it means you have a lot more options available to you.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Ryu is my boy.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Ryu loving owns and the only bad part about this DLC is that Suzaku Castle has three versions of Ryu and Ken's themes rather than getting a variety from the SF series

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Kinda wish Ken was an alternate skin for Ryu, he's way cooler.

Also, I suck at Street Fighter inputs, Hadokens I can pull off with consistency, but the Dragon Punch and Hurricane kick are hit or miss for me.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 15, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

On for glory many fabulous Ryu's await you

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Starhawk64 posted:

Kinda wish Ken was an alternate skin for Ryu, he's way cooler.

Also, I suck at Street Fighter inputs, Hadokens I can pull off with consistency, but the Dragon Punch and Hurricane kick are hit or miss for me.

Hurricane kick you need to do a bit slowly so that he crouches for a second, otherwise he turns around and does a hadouken. It's a bit odd to do in a game where you aren't locked looking in one direction.

The Dragon Punch you can do easier by doing the whole move in one motion instead of letting go of the stick after hitting forward, or by double tapping down-forward. Both alternate methods have better situations to use them in. (The full motion's good when doing it out of a run or a dash cancelled Focus Attack because the run input counts as forward and you can just go down - down-forward, the double tap down-forward is good for doing it while standing still or immediately after dropping your shield)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

On for glory many fabulous Ryu's await you

You must awaken my masters to stand a chance

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
So Roy being released this update brings an interesting question with it.

Sakurai is supposed to be making a presentation next month at a Fire Emblem concert in Japan. We know now that it's not Roy.

So what is it?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sakurai is supposed to be making a presentation next month at a Fire Emblem concert in Japan. We know now that it's not Roy.

So what is it?

female robin amiibo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Kamui in smash

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Camilla for smash

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Chrom in smash

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kirby in Fire Emblem.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what is it?

I could have sworn when I looked at it, he was giving like 1 hour speeches 2-3 days in a row. I'm thinking it is just a public speaking/Q & A type deal, I doubt he is actually revealing new Smash Bros. stuff there. Like every time the dude goes out in public it has to be a new Smash reveal; "Sakurai spotted at Denny's, rumored to be unveiling new Grand Slam Smash promotional tie in".

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what is it?

He's gonna announce a new Fire Emblem that plays nothing like the other games and is on a platform that can't accommodate a usable control scheme.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

TechnoSyndrome posted:

He's gonna announce a new Fire Emblem that plays nothing like the other games and is on a platform that can't accommodate a usable control scheme.

So SMTxFE then

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what is it?

He's announcing that he's making Lucina top tier.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Folt The Bolt posted:

Chrom in smash

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

He's announcing that he's making Lucina top tier.

Never Ever

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what is it?

A Fire Emblem character-exclusive Smash Brothers clone.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what is it?

Ridley in Fire Emblem.

Or, Good Roy in Fire Emblem.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what is it?

Amiibo based tabletop game with permadeath where you either have to pay $1 to rez someone, or buy a whole new amiibo :unsmigghh:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He did make her top tier but you have to use her Roy costume.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

TheKingofSprings posted:

So what is it?

Tharja. Robin clone that uses dark spells in place of thunder/elthunder/etc.

Or perhaps Kirby Emblem.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
He's a known fan of the Fire Emblem series so maybe he just wants to talk about his experience with it?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Raserys posted:

He's a known fan of the Fire Emblem series so maybe he just wants to talk about his experience with it?

He's gonna bring Kaga on stage because he knows he's the only one who could invite him to the event without getting in trouble. He's a maverick.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

If someone hits Dedede's Gordo, can Dedede hit gordo back and play a game of pong?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dizz posted:

If someone hits Dedede's Gordo, can Dedede hit gordo back and play a game of pong?

Don't believe so.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Yes, if he uses his side-B.
e: if it's reflected instead of just hit back you can just smack it with a disjoint and it'll be returned to sender.

Cicadas! fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 16, 2015

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Air dodging into it is another way to send it back at your disrespectful opponent.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Has anyone seen the Miiverse stage's Wii eshop music remix on Youtube?

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I am so surprised that Roy is actually fun to play and also a super badass

I think Lucina is still my main but Roy is getting close

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

I am so surprised that Roy is actually fun to play and also a super badass

I think Lucina is still my main but Roy is getting close

Give in to the fire side

Sell your soul for power, as I have

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Dizz posted:

Yes. It can be deflected up to 4 times in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

I love how sometimes when you knock Ryu off stage, he'll just say, "What?" :geno:

Like he misunderstood the rules of Smash.

• Locked thread