Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

College Republicans: "Why I Am A Republican"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wicXHFg2__4

This is beautiful because it talks about how Republicans are the ones bringing new things to the table and for a few minutes talks about because they are the uber generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

So JEB flogged his "comparisons got way more favorable after we stopped comparing ourselves to the rest of the country" education cred?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

edit

Dammit Joe :argh:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jun 16, 2015

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

So Bush and Rubio are both immigrant-friendly Republicans. Who are the heavyweight racists this time around (well, besides the Republican base)? Your Tom Tancredos, your Duncan Hunters?

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

So Bush and Rubio are both immigrant-friendly Republicans. Who are the heavyweight racists this time around (well, besides the Republican base)? Your Tom Tancredos, your Duncan Hunters?

Neither Bush nor Rubio could give a poo poo about immigrants, unless they're rich.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Let's see how immigrant friendly they remain after a few debates and state primaries.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I've been thinking... Will climate change be a major issue in the election?

I've been thinking about since the recent leak about how the Pope is about to come out talking about climate change is man-made.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I heard Santorum shut him down pretty good.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

http://monmouth.edu/assets/0/322122...7d264821039.pdf

Ben Carson....in the lead

:aaa:

quote:

In the ever-growing and shifting Republican presidential field, Ben Carson just scored a (mildly) significant victory. According to a national Monmouth University Poll of more than 1,000 adults conducted June 11-14 and released Monday, Carson is leading the pack of 16 possible candidates with 11%. That’s a four point increase since the same poll was taken two months ago.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I didn't realize Jeb was a boring robot version of Dubya.

Who do you think got all of Cheney's old parts?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I didn't realize Jeb was a boring robot version of Dubya.

The thing I can't get over so far is that W is the smart one. It feels like the universe is trolling us. This is like the end of The Usual Suspects but in reverse. I really thought Jeb was going to be better at campaigning than this. I apologize for defending the likelihood of his candidacy in the past.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

You get fooled into thinking that he's a presidential contender just because he's a Bush, and then it turns out Jeb is just another Michelle Bachmann or Herman Cain.

Bernie Sanders is gonna run circles around him when the general election starts to heat up.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Evil Sagan posted:

You get fooled into thinking that he's a presidential contender just because he's a Bush, and then it turns out Jeb is just another Michelle Bachmann or Herman Cain.

Bernie Sanders is gonna run circles around him when the general election starts to heat up.

:allears: This is going to be my favorite post in a year.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

ErIog posted:

The thing I can't get over so far is that W is the smart one. It feels like the universe is trolling us. This is like the end of The Usual Suspects but in reverse. I really thought Jeb was going to be better at campaigning than this. I apologize for defending the likelihood of his candidacy in the past.

You have to remember that pulling a "dumb folksy regular dude" for first the Texas governor's seat and then the presidency didn't require ol Georgie to actually be stupid. And that a lot of his plans weren't stupid so much as evil.

E.g. while privatizing social security appears stupid if you're not evil, it's really quite smart if you are, especially when you're set up to take the profits from it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ErIog posted:

I thought he established that Jeb was the dumb one when he was caught flat-footed by a reporter asking him about Iraq and whether he would have done what his brother did.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Evil Sagan posted:

Breeding doesn't always tell... :godwin:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Beamed posted:

:allears: This is going to be my favorite post in a year.

A person can dream :sigh:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cythereal posted:

I thought he established that Jeb was the dumb one when he was caught flat-footed by a reporter asking him about Iraq and whether he would have done what his brother did.
It's weird because I've been reading since 2000 that Jeb! was supposed to be "the smart one". I forget who first made the comparison (maybe Dowd) between the Bushes and the Corleones, with Dubya as Sonny (the charming hothead), Jeb as Michael (the smart one, calculating and controlled), and poor dumb Neil as Fredo (the fuckup who is kept as far away from the family business as possible).

Being "the smart one" compared to Dubya and Neil isn't exactly setting the bar sky-high, but still, Jeb's total lack of lightness on his feet and bland, forgettable, zero-charisma presentation has been shocking. Some of it is rust from being out of politics so long, but the rest of it...can any Florida goons who remember his governorship tell me if he was always this bad?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They will all come together for ROAD TO MAJORITY

This Wednesday through Saturday

http://www.roadtomajority.com/

It's not a party unless Gohmert and King are there :allears:

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

quote:

My attorney had gone back to watching television. The news was on again. Nixon's face filled the screen, but his speech was hopelessly garbled. The only word I could make out was "sacrifice." Over and over again: "Sacrifice ... sacrifice ... sacrifice ...."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Arkane posted:

Both Bush and Clinton seem pretty shook by Rubio.

Could you explain how you reconcile being mad that Clinton won't regulate Wall Street enough with supporting Rubio and Rand Paul :psyduck:

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They will all come together for ROAD TO MAJORITY

This Wednesday through Saturday

http://www.roadtomajority.com/

I don't care what they say, Guy Penrod for prez. If carly fiorina (hp killer) gets elecyed, expect all the government to get outsourced to 10 year olds in china or worse.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ogmius815 posted:

What are you talking about? Hillary is particularly and especially taking a reformist stance on immigration. Avoiding discussion of immigration has never been a Hillary campaign strategy this cycle.

That's my point. Let me rephrase. To avoid the immigration trap that caught Romney in 2012, the GOP candidates need:

a) A muffled or irrelevant Tea Party, which would almost certainly require an early anointed champion.
b) A Hillary campaign too terrified of offending conservative-ish whites by talking about immigration.

Neither of those things is happening for them. The GOP primary will be a bloodbath, and HRC seems to have figured out that playing for the votes of people who will never vote for you is a losing strategy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FMguru posted:

It's weird because I've been reading since 2000 that Jeb! was supposed to be "the smart one". I forget who first made the comparison (maybe Dowd) between the Bushes and the Corleones, with Dubya as Sonny (the charming hothead), Jeb as Michael (the smart one, calculating and controlled), and poor dumb Neil as Fredo (the fuckup who is kept as far away from the family business as possible).

You're thinking of the wrong fictional family.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Per Robert Costa:

Trump is going to release a financial memo showing $9 billion in assets after his announcement tomorrow. poo poo just got real.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...541434400132552

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I remember the old Bloom County books my uncle gave me mercilessly trashing Trump and that was 20 years ago. Are there really people in 2015 who not only take him seriously but think he should be President?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Per Robert Costa:

Trump is going to release a financial memo showing $9 billion in assets after his announcement tomorrow. poo poo just got real.

Equally likely possibility: Trump's only announcing his net worth tomorrow.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Per Robert Costa:

Now what are your liabilities Donald? :allears:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I remember the old Bloom County books my uncle gave me mercilessly trashing Trump and that was 20 years ago. Are there really people in 2015 who not only take him seriously but think he should be President?
He is literally a dumb person's idea of what a rich person should look and act like.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Ben Carson will completely collapse into nothingness the second the national spotlight hits him. He's already had a string of bad gently caress ups that haven't really gotten any attention.

This whole thing is a 3 horse race between Walker, Rubio, and Jeb! And the worse Jeb keeps coming off, the more Rubio looks like a strong dark horse.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Raskolnikov38 posted:

The list for that's gonna be a... long form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I'm guessing something like this:

Short term assets $50
Long term assets $500
Trump brand name $8,999,999,450

Liabilities $10,000,000,000

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's just a photo of Trump paper clipped to a white piece of paper with "LIABILITY" written with a Sharpie on it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Oh god you're right, my parents had some of those and it's hilarious that the guy was being bashed so much in the 80s/90s for the same stupid poo poo that he pulls now and people still think he's anything but a laughingstock.

As for the "W's the dumb one, Jeb's the smart one..." talk, I wonder if that got started from cold blooded political theater. Bush, as a Texan Governor, really pushed his "Aw, shucks" persona, and to make the base love him and other people under-estimate him he/his advisers/family started pushing that Bush was a rube. It let him shrug off any verbal gaffe and got him more votes so he just ran with it. Now we're witnessing that, no, W. was the smart one, he just sounded dumb.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Von Sloneker posted:

"Special entertainment."

:heysexy:

edit: oh he's a gospel singer

You know who like special entertainment like that? My moooomm!

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Man, people should hound Donald Trump for a tax return the second he launches his campaign. He's trying to pull the same poo poo as Romney tried where they have some accountant sign a paper saying, "Yo this guy's stacked I swear. You even seen the building with his name on it?" and pretend it's actually a disclosure.

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?

FMguru posted:

He is literally a dumb person

You could have just stopped there.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Von Sloneker posted:

"Special entertainment."

:heysexy:

edit: oh he's a gospel singer

The GOP's so racist they brought in a white gospel singer?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Donald Trump has elevated the bust-out to an art form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ErIog posted:

Lil' Bush was prophetic indeed.

• Locked thread