Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Wow. Just wow. I've never seen Gilligan's Island, but god...that show looks annoying. Just looking at that white bucket hat makes me irrationally angry. The professor and his wife? Does that mean that Eddie secretly wants Captain Thorpe to be his "daddy"? Oh nooooooooo
But yes, it looks like Baywatch more or less filmed someone's fanfiction. Amazing. I love how it was too stupid for even Mitch to take part. He probably was out there eating burgers on his waverunner tm the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

:allears: That was so stupid. I love it!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

'imagine how this kinda thing could be used in other mediums' that was clearly meant as a 'shame it only seems to exist in one kind of game' thing.

Which is a legitimate peeve, I was talking about the complaining that the tweets that said the trailers were nothing but a glorification of extreme violence. Hence the Tipper Gore comparison. It's pixels for God's sake.

Have they not heard of horror movies before?

Cyron posted:

Maybe what we learn today is that twitter is a worthless web site that should die?

no really I don't see what twitter does what Facebook and tumbler don't do. no one can ever give out a worthy option with 180 characters no matter if it's a well known pubic speaker or some nerd crying about his toys. the only thing I cen see it use for is some sort of RRS feed to get news from wbsites you follow but that all I see it as.

Twitter is removing their 144 character limit next month so who knows how that is going to go.

Edit: Wait, that is for private messaging only. Twitter will still only be good for reactionary bullshit about sports and maybe a middle east uprising.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 15, 2015

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
I also like it when people tweet/talk about stuff they don't know about.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

The nights will never be the same. ARARARAR!

Infamous Sphere posted:

Wow. Just wow. I've never seen Gilligan's Island, but god...that show looks annoying. Just looking at that white bucket hat makes me irrationally angry. The professor and his wife? Does that mean that Eddie secretly wants Captain Thorpe to be his "daddy"? Oh nooooooooo
But yes, it looks like Baywatch more or less filmed someone's fanfiction. Amazing. I love how it was too stupid for even Mitch to take part. He probably was out there eating burgers on his waverunner tm the whole time.

I love how even the show ships Eddie/Captain Thorpe. And Gilligan's Island is a very, very stupid show, but I remember enjoying seeing reruns. It's definitely the 60s.

MonsieurChoc posted:

:allears: That was so stupid. I love it!

Thanks a lot!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Chromatic posted:

The Doom and Fallout 4 trailers look great!

I thought Fallout 4 looked fantastic and any gripes I have I'm sure will be modded out. Doom 4 or whatever looked fun and dumb and I don't really understand the vitreol it's getting from people with the whole :qq: RUNNING SPEED AND IT'S BASICALLY HALO :qq:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The DOOM stuff was just a cartoon violent thing. It's dumb. Go back 23 years and everyone would be laughing at people calling the violence in DOOM problematic. Extreme violence against absolute evil is extremely cathartic. Just like any game, really. The cheering is a non-problem since, like someone said, E3 crowds will cheer at anything. But I can't blame them getting excited about playing DOOM with some high octane violence. It's dumb and juvenile but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Now doing those animations every single time can become pretty tedious, especially if you are rewarded with more ammo/health for doing them. I rather just blow them in half with the super shotgun and move on, as Romero and Carmack intended.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 16, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tracula posted:

I thought Fallout 4 looked fantastic and any gripes I have I'm sure will be modded out. Doom 4 or whatever looked fun and dumb and I don't really understand the vitreol it's getting from people with the whole :qq: RUNNING SPEED AND IT'S BASICALLY HALO :qq:

Well for comparison
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Jimbot posted:

Now doing those animations every single time can become pretty tedious, especially if you are rewarded with more ammo/health for doing them. I rather just blow them in half with the super shotgun and move on, as Romero and Carmack intended.
That's my biggest concern as well. I hope that you can disable animations and stuff.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Cyron posted:

Maybe what we learn today is that twitter is a worthless web site that should die?

no really I don't see what twitter does what Facebook and tumbler don't do. no one can ever give out a worthy option with 180 characters no matter if it's a well known pubic speaker or some nerd crying about his toys. the only thing I cen see it use for is some sort of RRS feed to get news from wbsites you follow but that all I see it as.

Close shop today boys, Cyron said we're worthless.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Did they say anything about Dishonored 2?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Miss Wallace posted:

I love how even the show ships Eddie/Captain Thorpe. And Gilligan's Island is a very, very stupid show, but I remember enjoying seeing reruns. It's definitely the 60s.

Thanks a lot!

Gilligan's Island (and other 60s shows) was in constant reruns during my chilhood. I know the (french) version of the song almsot by heart, and I'm not even a fan!

Gotta love Garner making funny faces for the camera.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Also fun: you can sing any ballad to the Gilligan's Island theme, including Wordsworth and Coleridge and stuff.

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gotta love Garner making funny faces for the camera.
Gregory Allan Williams is a legitimately great actor and his Skipper was spot on. I'll talk about him more when I get to Garner-centric episodes, but he's one of the best actors on Baywatch.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I can't wait until you get up to the Hogan/macho man episode of Baywatch, it's have such a corny plot and rick flair being a rear end in a top hat buying property to build condos should have been a real gimmick in wrestling.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 16, 2015

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Cyron posted:

I can't wait until you get up to the Hogan/macho man episode of Baywatch, it's have such a corny plot and rick flair being a rear end in a top hat buying property to build condos should have been a real gimmick in wrestling.

Do we know if this was after Macho Man's turn on T.H.U.N.D.E.R. in Paradise with Hulk?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Wrestling cameos in any 80/90s show are the best thing ever due to the fact how loving serious everybody treats them.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jack Gladney posted:

Also fun: you can sing any ballad to the Gilligan's Island theme, including Wordsworth and Coleridge and stuff.
And Dickinson. And Amazing Grace.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Jack Gladney posted:

Do we know if this was after Macho Man's turn on T.H.U.N.D.E.R. in Paradise with Hulk?

unless I forgotten other times the show was filmed, thunder in paradise was filmed in 1993 between his time in WWF and WCW. the Baywatch epasoide was in 1995 and it was filmed as a cross promotion for the WCW PPV batch at the beach. it was one of WCW bizzare shows where it's held in a random place outside with no tickets to watch to show so it only making money from PPV buys.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Miss Wallace posted:

I can't remember if you made shipping comments between the two of them earlier on. It's been such a blur of Baywatchery.
I did search Google for "Eddie Captain Thorpe Baywatch Fanfiction" and I didn't immediately find anything, so..that's disappointing. OTP!

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Little off topic here but was gonna ask. Just got Brutal Doom and it's mostly working but any suggestions for getting all the configs and stuff in order for it?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Tracula posted:

Little off topic here but was gonna ask. Just got Brutal Doom and it's mostly working but any suggestions for getting all the configs and stuff in order for it?

It would probably be better to ask over in the Early FPS Megathread.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

P.S. This is a carry strap, not a testicle.

I played this a while ago and it's extremely fun. It's just so dumb and over-the-top.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Max Wilco posted:

It would probably be better to ask over in the Early FPS Megathread.

Much appreciated, I knew there was a thread for that stuff but couldn't recall the name.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Double post but HALF IN THE BAAAAAG

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

e X posted:

Wrestling cameos in any 80/90s show are the best thing ever due to the fact how loving serious everybody treats them.

In fairness you have to keep in mind how loving absurdly massive wrestling actually was in the mid to late 90's.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

What in god's name just happened? Why was this allowed to exists? Is there no god? Am I real?

Lupa, honest question. Does Baywatch top this episode?

Edit: As for Doom 4, I get it. In all media in general i'm just over how blood and guts are thrown in for the sake of looking cool. Maybe I am getting old. :smith:

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 16, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Poor overly sensitive joss whedon. :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Happy that Mike and I share the same opinion on it, right down in thinking Mad Max FR is the better film, but I enjoy JW more.

Also the commentary is great

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

achillesforever6 posted:

Happy that Mike and I share the same opinion on it, right down in thinking Mad Max FR is the better film, but I enjoy JW more.

Yea that was a good review, them both on different sides gave a pretty fair shake and Mike was 100% honest with 'yea this is a dumb disaster movie but it's fun and that's kinda all that matters for it'. And yea, I agree with him, Mad Max is objectively the better film as a film but JW was more fun for me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Cyron posted:

Oh my god.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Oh god Todd has a new Cinemadonna up for patrons and holy lol this movie

Miss Wallace
Feb 24, 2013

Cyron posted:

The ep's so amazing. It's in season 6 I think though. Cyron's correct, it was a cross-promotion with a PPV. There was an audience and the Baywatch people were awkwardly cut in cheering as if they were there, ha ha.

There also is an ep where Giant Gonzales plays a mistreated circus performer who just wants to carve pelican statues!

Infamous Sphere posted:

I can't remember if you made shipping comments between the two of them earlier on. It's been such a blur of Baywatchery.

In The Sky is Falling, Captain Thorpe has one of his midlife crisis episodes and it seems like he's hitting on Eddie, so that was my joke for most of the ep, ha ha.

BigRed0427 posted:

Lupa, honest question. Does Baywatch top this episode?

For sure! My personal favorite ep is so batshit it's hard to describe clearly, but it involves a cross-promotion with Virgin Cola via blimp, Richard Branson performing a ski stunt, Hasselhoff randomly doing a music video to Dickensian runaways dancing next to burning trash cans, fake video phones, and Little Richard playing a waiter who constantly references Little Richard songs but no one gets he's Little Richard. It ends with a musical number and a record deal for a quirky English singer!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Extreme violence against absolute evil is extremely cathartic.

I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned that someone actually called people out for enjoying the fact you kill Nazis in the Wolfenstein game that recently came out saying "Wow how dare they have different opinions then you".

Burn all social media down.

OldTennisCourt posted:

In fairness you have to keep in mind how loving absurdly massive wrestling actually was in the mid to late 90's.

I know just the internet critic who can let you know all about wrestling :v:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leal posted:

I was listening to a podcast and they mentioned that someone actually called people out for enjoying the fact you kill Nazis in the Wolfenstein game that recently came out saying "Wow how dare they have different opinions then you".

Burn all social media down.
Internet fascists are getting too obvious, imo. They should up their game or we'll never get another Hitler. :(

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

achillesforever6 posted:

For me what always makes a movie great at least the second time is the practical effects. I know, CGI people put a lot of effort in but jesus christ watch this when it comes to Fury Road :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ent02yItm60

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
It's weird to see Mike and Jay's opinions diverge so strongly, but what's even weirder is exactly how positive Mike was. Like he won the lottery earlier that day or something.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Cubey posted:

Oh god Todd has a new Cinemadonna up for patrons and holy lol this movie
"Nobody wants to watch Willem Dafoe have sex."

I hope Todd never comes across that video of Willem Dafoe dancing naked.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010

Miss Wallace posted:

In The Sky is Falling, Captain Thorpe has one of his midlife crisis episodes and it seems like he's hitting on Eddie, so that was my joke for most of the ep, ha ha.

For sure! My personal favorite ep is so batshit it's hard to describe clearly, but it involves a cross-promotion with Virgin Cola via blimp, Richard Branson performing a ski stunt, Hasselhoff randomly doing a music video to Dickensian runaways dancing next to burning trash cans, fake video phones, and Little Richard playing a waiter who constantly references Little Richard songs but no one gets he's Little Richard. It ends with a musical number and a record deal for a quirky English singer!

Haha yeah, I forgot about that episode. The question is though..who's a more likely pairing? Eddie/Captain Thorpe (Thorddie?) or Mitch/Random Hawaiian Dude (Hawaitch)?
Oh my god, that episode sounds absolutely insane. How could it possibly top that description?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Jesus Christ Todd

Volume

Normalization

• Locked thread