Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Hey fellas. The VA got back to me about my disability claim. My rate is 60%, with payments backdated to April of last year. I suppose I should be happy because, hey, free money. But like I was telling guys in the chat earlier, it feels pretty hollow. Especially when there are vets out there who have it worse than me but received lower ratings. That's kind of messed up. But I'm not going to dwell on it; I was honest throughout the process and the rating that the VA gave is what they thought was warranted. I'm going to take a suggestion I received and donate a chunk of my monthly payments to a good veterans charity. Hopefully it will help someone out who really needs it :unsmith:

Hi Deathy, I faced a similar situation with a similar rating as yours and very similar reaction/feelings; as you know from irl I mostly use that money to sustain a lifestyle that includes a lot of volunteering for vets causes. Charity is cool too, and I know you are full-time-studenting, but if you stow that cash away now and let the money make money babies, you may enjoy the extra flexibility down the road. We can talk more in September if you want!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Old dad talk: I'm looking at snowblowers now for the winter because shoveling is for poors.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

My driveway isn't long enough to justify a snowblower, yet long enough to annoy me with a shovel. gently caress it, just hire the plow to come through

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

JurassicworldChat: I went with a lady friend and we showed up about 3 minutes after the movie started. I had bought my tickets online expecting a full house -- I was right -- so no free seats next to each other. This theatre, though, has couches in the front area and loving beer, hell yes, so I poke the solo bald guy, with a big drink, sitting in a couch by himself and ask if he's alone. He pauses for a second and spits out a "No," followed by "Yes, someone is sitting here" when I ask if he's sure. So I look around the theatre again to make sure, because ensuring I don't sit across the theatre from the girl I brought is worth looking like an rear end in a top hat. I tell the guy, Hey man, I know you are alone, so would you please grab a seat for one so that me and my friend can have this couch which seats two people. I do not want to be a jerk and ask an usher to make this happen, but that is what I am about to do-

The movie is playing already. Homeboy shouts (yes, shouts) "No!" at me, then, "You're not getting my seat, I was here first and this is mine, you need to find another place to sit, do what you do need to!!!"

Half an entire row gets up and makes us room with two adjacent seats. Guy wasn't wrong about being there first, but, gently caress. It all worked out. Ok, thanks for listening.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

JurassicworldChat: I went with a lady friend and we showed up about 3 minutes after the movie started. I had bought my tickets online expecting a full house -- I was right -- so no free seats next to each other. This theatre, though, has couches in the front area and loving beer, hell yes, so I poke the solo bald guy, with a big drink, sitting in a couch by himself and ask if he's alone. He pauses for a second and spits out a "No," followed by "Yes, someone is sitting here" when I ask if he's sure. So I look around the theatre again to make sure, because ensuring I don't sit across the theatre from the girl I brought is worth looking like an rear end in a top hat. I tell the guy, Hey man, I know you are alone, so would you please grab a seat for one so that me and my friend can have this couch which seats two people. I do not want to be a jerk and ask an usher to make this happen, but that is what I am about to do-

The movie is playing already. Homeboy shouts (yes, shouts) "No!" at me, then, "You're not getting my seat, I was here first and this is mine, you need to find another place to sit, do what you do need to!!!"

Half an entire row gets up and makes us room with two adjacent seats. Guy wasn't wrong about being there first, but, gently caress. It all worked out. Ok, thanks for listening.

maybe show up earlier next time doofus

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeris posted:

way to look like a bitch in front of a lady

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

No, you see I won because

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

way to look like a bitch in front of a lady

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
shoulda told him he'll be the first to go when the nukes drop

glad it worked out for you though

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Sitting in the theater waiting for Jurassic Park to start. Have about 10 minutes. Will trip report later.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Genocide Tendency posted:

Sitting in the theater waiting for Jurassic Park to start. Have about 10 minutes. Will trip report later.

were you able to find a seat

this is important

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Please be respectful of people's seat choices, tia

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Almost had the same problem when I went but I'm not a bitch so the dude moved

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
should have loving shanked that fucker in the neck and told him you're giving him an authentic experience of what it's like to be attacked by velociraptors.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Somewhere on the internets a dude is raging about the rear end in a top hat who had the audacity to show up late to Jurassic Park and ask him to move out of his seat.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Somewhere on the internets a dude is raging about the rear end in a top hat who had the audacity to show up late to Jurassic Park and ask him to move out of his seat.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Quit gettin' mad about dinosaur movies.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Quit gettin' mad about dinosaur movies.

we're not we're pointing out zeris' bitchness

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's been up on Usenet for a bit, apparently, the KameraKlownKrew pirates who do those top notch 1080P direct audio from the theater recordings or whatever must have done a recording in an empty theater one night or some poo poo because the film capture is perfect and the audio is direct so it's p. Sweet. My weed guy hooked it up on a thumb drive since my last bag had seedage and limb like stems.

Watched it in my den. Can't wait to iMax it. Great movie.

Can confirm that :350: enhances your Jurassic world experience many fold.

Want a pet Dino so bad. :ohdear:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

were you able to find a seat

this is important

Plenty of seats. But I showed up 15 minutes before it started.

Review: Legit film. Worth the $6.50 would pay to see again.

Also want to pet a dino.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

If you don't get out of that seat, I'm telling on you.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
RE: DAD CHAT

My loving neighbors suck and they are gonna make me have to be a dick.
The guy to the west of me started collecting pallets, so he could get enough to trade to a dude for rubber mulch. His grand plan is to rubber mulch his whole backyard, mind you, he has three loving dogs, so I'm not even sure how that is gonna work, but that's beside the point. I found out his loving pallet collection has a nice family of rats living in it and they are foraging in my yard like its the Country Buffet, so now I have to call the health department, hopefully one of these days somebody will condemn there house or burn it to the ground, but considering they have been pulling the same poo poo for 20 years, I doubt it.

Dude on the other side of me moved a freight container into his backyard, so that's pretty cool, pretty sure he is going to use it for a grow room. I'm gonna feel really bad turning him into the city for it, but gently caress, I would need to build a 10 ft high fence to hide that monstrosity.

It's funny, as I've said before, the houses in my area are increasing in value by $2,000 - $3,000 a month, and these two dickheads are in a race to devalue every house on the block...

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Is there a lot of incest and racism where you live?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

And southern accents?

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Nah, I live in an "affordable" neighborhood in the most white, conservative town in the Denver Metro area (Not Highlands Ranch).

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Legit question.. How is it in Denver and if you could move anywhere in the state near reasonable civilization, where would you go?

Trying to decide if I should build my cult compound in Colorado or norther Indiana when I get my government welfare fun bux settlement.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Legit question.. How is it in Denver and if you could move anywhere in the state near reasonable civilization, where would you go?

Trying to decide if I should build my cult compound in Colorado or norther Indiana when I get my government welfare fun bux settlement.

Denver is pretty cool, lots of hot chicks and close proximity to the mountains and fun stuff, lots of great beer and breweries, ok restaurants and bars otherwise. Its fairly easy to get around Denver, decent public transportation, and if you avoid the interstate during rush hour its not too terrible to drive anywhere. Also, its pretty easy to get really good dope if that's your thing. The bad things are the housing market is batshit crazy, rents are through the roof right now, and people are paying 20 to 30k over appraisal to buy houses in the popular neighborhoods. I fully expect the market to come crashing back down in the fall/winter, should be pretty entertaining to watch.

If I could move anywhere in the State, I would move into Denver proper, either the Highlands or RINO because I'm a massive human being, but also because I like gourmet donuts, and bacon tacos and food trucks. Barring that, I would move North of Denver, either to Fort Collins, maybe by Red Feather Lakes, or West of Boulder into the mountains.

If I wanted to have a mountain fortress though, and maybe a few sex slaves wives, I would buy a chunk of land on the western slope around Grand Junction, or maybe down by Durango or something like that.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I bought half an acre and a nice house in the very heart of one expensive loving white flight yuppie town. I paid $130K less than its worth via the vet to vet connect. Seller is on his way out from agent orange and wanted a vet to buy his home.

I'm never moving again. And when I go out to due from burn pit itis or whatever I'm selling it cheap to a vet to pay this poo poo forward. Hopefully he does the same.

My neighbors are so much classier and rich than my wife and I, and we combine for 6 figures in the goddamn south.

Except for one neighbor.

The neighbor I share my back fence with is a fellow GWOT vet who got his house on the cheap from a Korean War vet.

There needs to be a charity for old war vets to sell their nice houses to new war vets on the cheap but get the valuation difference covered by a charity or a tax credit or some gubmint money or something.

So we can house crazy vets in the middle of the chicken hawk pens. And get old crazy vets paid for paying it forward.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Plenty of seats. But I showed up 15 minutes before it started.

Review: Legit film. Worth the $6.50 would pay to see again.

Also want to pet a dino.

$6.50? Go to the IMAX, dude. Worth it.

Vasadus got my rear end in gear and I landed a gig working with a creative writing summer camp for kids. Gonna help set up, work there every day from 9-12 and help the kids, and then help make the publication of their stories at the end. This is the kind of internship stuff I should have been doing since 2013. Thanks for the brutal honesty, dude.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I bought half an acre and a nice house in the very heart of one expensive loving white flight yuppie town. I paid $130K less than its worth via the vet to vet connect. Seller is on his way out from agent orange and wanted a vet to buy his home.

I'm never moving again. And when I go out to due from burn pit itis or whatever I'm selling it cheap to a vet to pay this poo poo forward. Hopefully he does the same.

My neighbors are so much classier and rich than my wife and I, and we combine for 6 figures in the goddamn south.

Except for one neighbor.

The neighbor I share my back fence with is a fellow GWOT vet who got his house on the cheap from a Korean War vet.

There needs to be a charity for old war vets to sell their nice houses to new war vets on the cheap but get the valuation difference covered by a charity or a tax credit or some gubmint money or something.

So we can house crazy vets in the middle of the chicken hawk pens. And get old crazy vets paid for paying it forward.
This owns bones.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

blue squares posted:

Vasadus got my rear end in gear and I landed a gig working with a creative writing summer camp for kids. Gonna help set up, work there every day from 9-12 and help the kids, and then help make the publication of their stories at the end. This is the kind of internship stuff I should have been doing since 2013. Thanks for the brutal honesty, dude.

congrats

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. I'm gonna go check out the riots.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. I'm gonna go check out the riots.

lol my brother is pissed

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

denver is a heap and the rest of colorado is worse, please dont come here

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

blue squares posted:

That's cool as hell.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

blue squares posted:

A GiP success story? :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

• Locked thread