Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
KH3 chances of coming out in the next 5 years is the inverse of SE stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At first I was little upset but goddamn. I'm going to play a gently caress ton of HD FF7.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Silvain posted:

SE's situation is so bad that they pull the ff7 remake card. God drat.

I keep seeing this, but not only has Square had a really solid past couple years, but people out in the wider world just don't shut up about a VII remake and keep heckling them for it. Forget "desperate", it's a decision any company that wants money would make.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Can't wait to dress Cloud in pretty, frilly dresses in PS4 HD

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Shenmue 3 is already up to 157k in 20 minutes, and that's with Kickstarter making GBS threads itself and throwing 503s constantly.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Volt Catfish posted:

Only if you participate in a gay gangbang beforehand

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Volt Catfish posted:

Let's be real, the entire Honeybee Inn's totally getting cut tho. Can't have the topless staff, the weird voyeurism stuff or thread favourite gay sex session with Freddie Mercury and co. because modern FF7 is a no-fun zone.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

At first I was little upset but goddamn. I'm going to play a gently caress ton of HD FF7.

You just jinxed it, we're going to get a slightly upressed version of the original that mods have been able to do for years after Nomura overdoses on whatever drug he's on.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
guys the cat slide is visible from 0:18, they're doing it right this will be goty

...but will we have to see it die to steel beams again...

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Kanfy posted:

Just gonna copy-paste what I said in a different thread because :effort:

I think VII is a great game but I also think that people have overly polarized views of it due to time and its popularity, as if it was either the best thing or the worst thing in the world. In reality it was this weird and cool thing with a whole bunch of flaws and a cast full of insane people living in a batshit world that people remember for really dumb reasons like ~*Sephiroth*~ and how much they cried when Aeris died, and there is zero chance that a faithful remake would live up to the weird and coloured childhood image most people have of it.

I'm curious about it but at the same time I really want them to just leave that poor game alone.

I'd like to see how the remake people will deal with with Cloud being a doofus in the original FF7 instead of being Mr. Angst like he is now.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?

Kyrosiris posted:

Shenmue 3 is already up to 157k in 20 minutes, and that's with Kickstarter making GBS threads itself and throwing 503s constantly.

Still going up at least $1000 a second! At $320k now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nition posted:

Still going up at least $1000 a second! At $320k now.

Yep, already up to 330k. :stare:

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.

closeted republican posted:

I'd like to see how the remake people will deal with with Cloud being a doofus in the original FF7 instead of being Mr. Angst like he is now.

Nomura's the one that made him Mr. Angst and coincidentally he's on this project, so there's your answer.

beaucedine
Nov 18, 2013
I already know it's going to be less remake and more re-imagining, they're including the extended universe. Less than ten seconds in you see South Edge.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

Let's be real, the entire Honeybee Inn's totally getting cut tho. Can't have the topless staff, the weird voyeurism stuff or thread favourite gay sex session with Freddie Mercury and co. because modern FF7 is a no-fun zone.

I hope they keep that stuff in. FF7 is such a bonkers game that leaving out all of that weird stuff would just fundamentally change it.

Maybe a remake should fundamentally change the game though.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dragonatrix posted:

thread favourite gay sex session with Freddie Mercury and co. because modern FF is a no-fun zone.
Gotta have that T rating :jerkbag:

that's why everyone bleeds blue in FF15 which is actually a funny application of self-censorship

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
What's interesting about the trailer, is that Roberto Ferrari is credited as a Character Designer next to Tetsuya Nomura.

Oh, and it's a CGI trailer by Square-Enix for a game that has no target release date and is directed by a guy who has not shipped a AAA console game in ten years. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

Silvain posted:

KH3 chances of coming out in the next 5 years is the inverse of SE stock.

Tai Tasui is the real director of the game. The game is also running on UE4 which has excellent technical support. There's a lot of external pressure from Disney to ship games since it owns the IP and now distributes the games under the Disney Interactive label.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gotta be rated M for the headless torso with eyetits.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Sunning posted:

Oh, and it's a CGI trailer by Square-Enix for a game that has no target release date and is directed by a guy who has not shipped a AAA console game in ten years. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.

Yeah, there is that, but just knowing that it's an actual thing that they're working on with the intent to release it is pretty amazing to me. I have incredibly fond memories of FF7, so even if the remake turns out badly I'll be on that poo poo day one and loving it.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
For anyone who missed the live showing of the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Forget reheated leftovers of an old game for a minute: what's this I hear about a 'World of Final Fantasy?'

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, there is that, but just knowing that it's an actual thing that they're working on with the intent to release it is pretty amazing to me. I have incredibly fond memories of FF7, so even if the remake turns out badly

That's sort of his point, there's a better-than-average chance it won't turn out at all. Nomura has proven over and over that he likes doing purty cutscene mockups but hates anything related to actually designing a drat video game.

Curb your enthusiasm now before it gains momentum. None of us want to relive the Versus hype engine again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

That's sort of his point, there's a better-than-average chance it won't turn out at all. Nomura has proven over and over that he likes doing purty cutscene mockups but hates anything related to actually designing a drat video game.

Curb your enthusiasm now before it gains momentum. None of us want to relive the Versus hype engine again.
lol, people in this thread are loving insane

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Well, guess I'm going to have to eventually get a PS4. I know remade VII will probably be made all serious and whatnot, but I'll still play the poo poo out of it. That and The Last Guardian, which I'd been pretty convinced was permanently lost in development hell.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Oxxidation posted:

1) No he hasn't. He's failed on one game - Versus. Before that he had a solid track record.

2) The failure to produce good games in a timely fashion was something rooted in almost the entirety of the SE design process, so singling Nomura out for it is stupid.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the troubled development history of Mario Sports Mix proves that FF7 HD will never be released.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's really weird how people blame Versus 13 not getting worked on entirely on Nomura when the HD transition hosed Square's big 7th titles in general and they also put the guy on multiple other projects after Versus was announced, including directing multiple Kingdom Hearts games to completion.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Endorph posted:

the troubled development history of Mario Sports Mix proves that FF7 HD will never be released.

Noted pedogame defender Endorph sounds off on this controversial issue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just really hope Cloud is still funny and they don't have voice acting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hahahahaha

edit: lol

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I would imagine Final Fantasy VII HD is for 2017 considering that it's that games 20th Anniversary then.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

They'll want it for 2017 and the 20th anniversary. Whether they make it for 2017 is an entirely different question.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

lol what

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Final Fantasy 7 HD 30th Anniversary Edition

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

They'll want it for 2017 and the 20th anniversary. Whether they make it for 2017 is an entirely different question.

True true, with Nomura handling it and also juggling KH3 lol

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Cloud was kind of a goober in what I played of Crisis Core, so it seems like they at least remembered he wasn't always Vincent 2.0. So I at least somewhat hope they'll remember it for this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway there's no way it doesn't have VA work. bring back lance bass as sephiroth

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

lol

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's pretty funny watching people front in this thread and the E3 thread.

I can't wait to get dolphin jumping and Mukki. Just slather it all on me, S-E, I'm ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

Well this version of FF7 definitely looks a lot more detailed than the old PS3 tech demo. Glad to see Barret's got a real gun on his arm now and not some weird stub thing. Shame that Nomura's involved in this since it means it'll probably never happen unless someone else takes over for him.

SpaceDrake posted:

I keep seeing this, but not only has Square had a really solid past couple years, but people out in the wider world just don't shut up about a VII remake and keep heckling them for it. Forget "desperate", it's a decision any company that wants money would make.

Except the didn't have a "rally solid" past couple of years. The big thing that gave them a good 2014 is that FF14 managed an unprecedented come back that nobody expected and it's gone from "oh gently caress we might go bankrupt again and need to merge with another company to ruin" to " YoshiP and his team can do no wrong."

Sunning posted:

Tai Tasui is the real director of the game. The game is also running on UE4 which has excellent technical support. There's a lot of external pressure from Disney to ship games since it owns the IP and now distributes the games under the Disney Interactive label.

UE4 is fantastic though hopefully the weird water/buoyancy/swimming issues have been fixed since the last time I fired it up because "oh just go in and code a system for it" is not what people should be telling you when you're trying out a map maker. :catstare: