Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

RyokoTK posted:

Well, okay, I can't pretend I'm not going to buy a FF7 remake.

But now Sony has pretty much nothing left worth getting excited over.

What if I sweeten the deal by telling you it's being directed by the main responsible for the extended FF7 universe and Final Fantasy Versus 13?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Last Guardian, FF7 remake, Shenmue 3 (Kickstarter).

It's worth noting that the FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 aren't Sony exclusives. We don't exactly know what FF7 is coming out for but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's joining Shenmue 3 and coming out on PC.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And for both I'm gonna say 2017.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gentleman Baller posted:

It's worth noting that the FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 aren't Sony exclusives. We don't exactly know what FF7 is coming out for but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's joining Shenmue 3 and coming out on PC.

It's nice that I don't have to buy their consoles to play the cool games that MS & Sony announced during their conferences.:lol:

I hope we get AC Wii U tomorrow. I know it works better as a handheld game but I always like the console ones way more for some reason.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx
FF7 will probably come out for the PS5 8 years from now. This was purely an announcement video its nowhere near starting pre-production development since the teams are knee deep in KH 3 and FF 15 production.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Does anyone have that kuribo heel into clown copter gif from Mario Maker? I'm having a bear of a time finding it in the E3 threads.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Thanks.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to have to watch this at some point, but I want to keep play EarthBound Beginnings.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Artix posted:

What if I sweeten the deal by telling you it's being directed by the main responsible for the extended FF7 universe and Final Fantasy Versus 13?

You forgot the most important thing. He wrote the scenario for The Subspace Emissary.

Lucas running away in terror from Wario during a rainstorm with his friend captured and turned into a lifeless and rare amiibo.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Artix posted:

I don't care. FF7 was my most-played PS1 game by a good margin -- I was mostly an N64 kid, so the only games I really played on the PS1 besides that were the Doom port and Assault Rigs. It'll be worth my :60bux:

e: Also I haven't played any of the FF7 spinoffs or any FF game since 10.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 16, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

RyokoTK posted:

I don't care. FF7 was my most-played PS1 game by a good margin -- I was mostly an N64 kid, so the only games I really played on the PS1 besides that were the Doom port and Assault Rigs. It'll be worth my :60bux:

e: Also I haven't played any of the FF7 spinoffs or any FF game since 10.

Curtain Call is fun, man.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I do own the original Theatrhythm but I didn't think it was that great.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Last Guardian, FF7 remake, Shenmue 3 (Kickstarter).

And at least two of those are not even exclusive so I'm not sure what everyone was losing their minds about.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*game i really want to play is announced* hell yeah! gonna play that. *revealed its on multiple platforms* gently caress..... forget it then

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

epitasis posted:

*game i really want to play is announced* hell yeah! gonna play that. *revealed its on multiple platforms* gently caress..... forget it then

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The point is that Sony doesn't really have claim to them and showing them as part of the conference is a PR grab at best and disingenuous at worst.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what a dumb post lmao

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not a Children posted:

The point is that Sony doesn't really have claim to them and showing them as part of the conference is a PR grab at best and disingenuous at worst.

Guess what the entirety of E3 is.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Not a Children posted:

I would've thought you'd have to be literally retarded to not understand that point, especially given the context, but welp

You're trying way too hard here man

vvvv

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

stop false advertising these games for which your platform is the lead platform and has exclusive content or timed exclusivity..... im literally 5 and it is very distressing to me that you didnt plug the xbone copy while you were at it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*doesnt understand the point that wasnt made in the post and doesnt make any fuckin sense in the first place* the wii u thread, sheesh!!!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Not a Children posted:

fart

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

epitasis posted:

Yeah those announcements just existing are enough to kinda leave me wondering what universe I'm in.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I liked the part where Mario jumped around inside a big shoe.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just eleven hours and fifty five minutes of playing as Ryu in Smash and then Splatoon 'till the direct.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Ryu is a punchman that's like halfway between Ganon and Little Mac and I like him a whole lot.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Same

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

RyokoTK posted:

Ryu is a punchman that's like halfway between Ganon and Little Mac and I like him a whole lot.

How much are the new guys to buy? I haven't started up Smash Bros in a while but I'd go back to it to dragon punch some dudes.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please be excited for tomorrow

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

raditts posted:

How much are the new guys to buy? I haven't started up Smash Bros in a while but I'd go back to it to dragon punch some dudes.

If I remember, Ryu was five six bucks because he comes with a stage; Lucas and Roy were four dollars each.

You can also buy Dream Land 64 for two dollars.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Splatoon part of the Mario Timeline confirmed. Egad's technological legacy outlived him.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So are the Indy Game Demos limited in terms of you just need to download them before the week is over, or limited in the sense that these will stop working as well after a week?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When do I get to make my squidkid into a goth and give him some Doc Manatees, it's a natural progression of the Splatoon '90s aesthetic.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Splatoon part of the Mario Timeline confirmed. Egad's technological legacy outlived him.

hosed up that mario is dead

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Help Im Alive posted:

They've had a lives system in the games this long for a reason. Mortality is the underlying issue of the Mario universe. Why do you think Dry Bones can't die? It's because they are death. Mario can't beat death. It's his fate as it is our own.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I made a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RQ6-nJu20

Nintendo Conference. Get hype.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Help Im Alive posted:

Nah, he just got swallowed up whole by the symbiotic creature that is the cat suit and is now Judd.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

It's like an Elseworld thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

I made a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RQ6-nJu20

Nintendo Conference. Get hype.

The amiibo logo on the back was a nice touch at the end :golfclap:.

• Locked thread