Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

ErIog posted:

Man, people should hound Donald Trump for a tax return the second he launches his campaign. He's trying to pull the same poo poo as Romney tried where they have some accountant sign a paper saying, "Yo this guy's stacked I swear. You even seen the building with his name on it?" and pretend it's actually a disclosure.
I really hope that his campaign prompts someone (Gawker? RawStory? Salon?) to do a well-sourced investigation into just how much Trump is worth in proper GAAP accounting terms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FMguru posted:

I really hope that his campaign prompts someone (Gawker? RawStory? Salon?) to do a well-sourced investigation into just how much Trump is worth in proper GAAP accounting terms.

I want his long-form annual report.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

FMguru posted:

I kinda want VICE to slip an undercover reporter into the Apprentice or something.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
6/15 Candidate Tracker

John Kasich is in South Carolina. He also had dinner with another govenor.

Rick Santorum was in Alabama. He doesn't want to answer some questions.

Bobby Jindal was in Cedar Falls, IA.

Rand Paul visited Lexington, SC for a meet and greet

Hillary Clinton was in New Hampshire. Various questions asked.1 2 3

Jim Webb was in Iowa. He toured a wind farm.

Lincoln Chafee was in Iowa too? I honestly don't know or can find anything.

Finally Jeb Announcement speech for those who missed it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So are we really less than 24 hours away from Trump's "announcement" and we still don't know if he's running?

...he's not running, is he? :(

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Per Robert Costa:

Trump is going to release a financial memo showing $9 billion in assets after his announcement tomorrow. poo poo just got real.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...541434400132552

Donald Trump not having any money is a well-worn joke, and this is only going to make it worse. Let the reporting into his finances begin.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

computer parts posted:

Lil' Bush was prophetic indeed.

I once accused sedanchair of forming his opinions on the bushes from that show. He surprisingly enough had never heard of it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

thrawn527 posted:

So are we really less than 24 hours away from Trump's "announcement" and we still don't know if he's running?

Visit Iowa and find out! 19 hours left to get your tickets.

I'm sorry I won't be able to attend.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

AsInHowe posted:

Donald Trump not having any money is a well-worn joke, and this is only going to make it worse. Let the reporting into his finances begin.

Well, even assuming Trump claiming to be worth $9 billion is laughable puffery, Forbes still says 4.1 billion (It calculated in 2013 to be 3.2 billion, and 2011, near the bottom of the real estate market, to be 2.7 billion) . Celebritynetworth guesses 4 billion. Could there be any possibility he isn't a billionaire?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 22, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

William Bear posted:

Well, even assuming Trump claiming to be worth $9 billion is laughable puffery, Forbes still says 4.1 billion (It calculated in 2013 to be 3.2 billion, and 2011, near the bottom of the real estate market, to be 2.7 billion) . Celebritynetworth guesses 4 billion. Could there be any possibility he isn't a billionaire?

If I kite a bad check for a million dollars that doesn't make me a millionaire, even while waiting for the check to clear.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

It doesn't really matter whether Trump is technically a billionaire or not since he lives the life of one either way.

NinjaBucket
Jan 18, 2003
I decided to run ... no idea how or if it's too late ... making it up as I go just like the rest. If I end up on the news that would be funny, pretty sure I am going to win though.

[redacted]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 16, 2015

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

NinjaBucket posted:

I decided to run ... no idea how or if it's too late ... making it up as I go just like the rest. If I end up on the news that would be funny, pretty sure I am going to win though.

[redacted]

Gross.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 22, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

NinjaBucket posted:

[redacted]

I rather suspect this is not compatible with federal donor reporting requirements.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

NinjaBucket posted:

[redacted]

Owner of an IT company and president of an HOA. No thanks I'll stick with the devil I know

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

NinjaBucket posted:

[redacted]

I'm pretty absolutely sure that fundraising for your political campaign, as misguided and futile as it may be, is a big no-no.

I am hoping that this warning, coupled with redacting the links to the fundraising page, will suffice.

Please don't prove to me that hope is a mistake. :redhammer:

In future I would strongly suggest that you run this kind of cockamamie scheme by the mods before posting.

This has been your draconian mod action for today! :tipshat:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I rather suspect this is not compatible with federal donor reporting requirements.

I think he may've missed some of the state filing deadlines too, but maybe that's just for primaries.

Also, dude, seriously, posting your personal information on SA is a bad idea.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I too am going to run for president please paypal me your money and watch the news for 'local idiot doesn't know how declaring presidential runs works, bilks rubes out of a small amount of money'

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I think he may've missed some of the state filing deadlines too, but maybe that's just for primaries.

Also, dude, seriously, posting your personal information on SA is a bad idea.

Worked for Brian Boyko

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Good Citizen posted:

Worked for Brian Boyko

I was gonna say 'did it really' but then I remembered don't The Young Turks and poo poo constantly suck his weird scam SuperPAC to end SuperPACs off?

So yea, getting banned and mocked on SA is the ticket to success if you can trick a tubby ex-college republican afterwards.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I was gonna say 'did it really' but then I remembered don't The Young Turks and poo poo constantly suck his weird scam SuperPAC to end SuperPACs off?

So yea, getting banned and mocked on SA is the ticket to success if you can trick a tubby ex-college republican afterwards.

It's not his PAC. It's Lawrence Lessig's PAC, and Lawrence Lessig was dumb enough to hire him. Without Lawrence Lessig's name that PAC would be even more of a nothing than it is right now.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Er, what sorta thing did that guy post?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ErIog posted:

It's not his PAC. It's Lawrence Lessig's PAC, and Lawrence Lessig was dumb enough to hire him. Without Lawrence Lessig's name that PAC would be even more of a nothing than it is right now.

Yea true, still crazy that anyone at all in the mainstream gives them attention, the idea of 'getting money out of politics' by giving a dude a poo poo ton of money is maybe one of the most obvious scams ever but hey we got a respectable name behind it.

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003

BristolSOF fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 16, 2015

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

"Yes... let's repaint the kitchen in Dover White."

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

goose fleet posted:

Er, what sorta thing did that guy post?

It's a good read, find out for yourself.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476

e:

e2:

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 16, 2015

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:911:

SedanChair is sometimes obnoxious, but every once in a while he does something incredibly valuable to the human race.

Such as, for example, discovering enough of Brian Boyko's regrettable internet history to get the ball rolling.

Personally, I'd probably have gone with the toddler-punching bit, but maybe it's not pithy enough.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I remember the old Bloom County books my uncle gave me mercilessly trashing Trump and that was 20 years ago. Are there really people in 2015 who not only take him seriously but think he should be President?

And this in a nutshell is why I don't believe you lot when you say the JEB is not going to be the R team candidate.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

9 billion in assets seems low for Trump

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Forbes thinks he's "only" worth $4.1 billion.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Chantilly Say posted:

Forbes thinks he's "only" worth $4.1 billion.

They could both be right, we have no idea what his liabilities are.

He does not have a full ownership stake in most of the stuff with his name on it.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

thrawn527 posted:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDZBzvTDhGU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

FMguru posted:

He is literally a dumb person's idea of what a rich person should look and act like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQWAsWmBRF4&t=1m0s

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

He would love for you to think that. But he's no more than a brand that appeals to people who don't understand what wealth really is.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Jeb me right in the Bush. Rubio my Cruz.

• Locked thread