Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Oh look it's loving Cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Just a handful of scenes that people remembered more than the way more prevalent stuff that made up more of his character. That and time making peoples memories play tricks on them ended up with a pretty radical character shift. For way more than Cloud, too.

I was just thinking the same thing. If all you remember about FFVII Cloud is the Nibelheim flashbacks and the scenes in his head, he's a sadder sack than Squall.

RIP Disc 1 Cloud, you and your pink dress and your rad motorcycle were too beautiful for the 21st century.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
vincent is replaced by snowe

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Admoon posted:

Is anyone hype for World of Final Fantasy. I have no idea what it is but I want it.

It looks like a 3DS game but I'll let the Vita have it's one new game.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder how much the game will sell when it comes out.

Financial analysts are already comparing it to hotcakes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gackt

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

corn in the bible posted:

vincent is replaced by snowe

I'd actually be OK with this because Vincent is terrible and I wonder if people somehow got him confused with Cloud

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yuffie is replaced by lightning

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

aerith's mom is replaced by a tougher mom

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder how much the game will sell when it comes out.

Square-Enix's loving stock shot up like 5%, this is gonna sell like mad dog.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aeris is replaced by Tifa.

Oh wait.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

How about this, during the Cloud cross-dressing scene....

they replace him with Lightning.....

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

final fantasy 15, the boyhood of videogames,

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElkckRpxqkA

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://vimeo.com/12151801

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hope the sequences with JENOVA are John Carpenter as gently caress. I mean, it's a shapeshifting alien mosntrosity that infect people, found deep in the North Pole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35JDJLa9ec

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Schwartzcough posted:

Cid has been changed into Cindy, but she's still an abusive redneck to Shera.

Alright, finally a good final fantasy waifu.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Lol 10 years later. Are you loving kidding me?

Square Enix can literally choke on a cock for all I care. Can they come up with nothing original anymore so now they have to pull something out of the closet they were supposed to do 10 years ago to seem relevant?

Just gently caress off...At least Bethesda is trying to actually make changes to their games

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So the Android port of War of the Lions still has the slowdown issues. I'm disappointed, they had a really long time to fix this. Maybe I just don't have a lot of spare RAM on my tablet but it's not even just spells, it's potions too.

I guess the bright side is that it's easier for fans to make their own patches for Android.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hope the sequences with JENOVA are John Carpenter as gently caress. I mean, it's a shapeshifting alien mosntrosity that infect people, found deep in the North Pole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p35JDJLa9ec

Well now they can actually convey poo poo like a Sephiroth clone turning into JENOVA instead of blink blink monster yell boss fight

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

aeris is replaced by aerith
There was someone I knew in highschool who would get unbelievably angry when I called Aerith "Aerith."

He also fantasized of watching Sonic the Hedgehog gently caress his girlfriend.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

dlc to replace cloud with lightning, and every other character with lightning also

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
ELMYRA: "Moms are tough"

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
I'd be more excited for the FF7 remake if I didn't think it was likely coming out for Christmas 2017 because ~~20 year anniversary~~

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They can take all of their time with this, idgaf

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A Jurassic Park sequel is #1 at the box office and everyone's excited for the new upcoming JRPG, Final Fantasy 7

Ah, the good old days of 1997

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
where is my ff9 remake you shits

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Why do I get the awful feeling they'll stuff this right up with something that's not the ATB and some of the more fun parts of the story (Don Corneo) will get thrown by the side to make it FFXIII deathly serious.

also

Poonerman posted:

where is my ff9 remaster at 60fps you shits?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Poonerman posted:

where is my ff9 remake you shits

I'm willing to settle for a kickstarter for this

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Can't wait to finally nail RedXIII with a soccer ball in glorious next gen graphics

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

aeris is replaced by aerith

I hope you can still rename characters and the script is awkwardly rewritten to avoid ever calling anyone by name because of voice acting.

Gamerman386
Oct 30, 2012

I'm certainly glad to have found Vilkacis lying in that field.

Barudak posted:

Bought. Don't care how poo poo it is bought.

Bought.

This. Oh my God this so hard. IT'S loving HAPPENING HOLY poo poo YES! :allears:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm more interested in World of Final Fantasy

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Year after year I continue to be disappointed by no World Ends With You sequel.

Midgar is looking pretty swank at least, though if they tie in EU stuff about half the city will consist of Gackt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Of all the things that don't need to exist, this remake is one of them. Hopefully they can make me interested in what they're peddling by showing something cool for their handhelds at their own show today.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caidin posted:

Year after year I continue to be disappointed by no World Ends With You sequel.

Midgar is looking pretty swank at least, though if they tie in EU stuff about half the city will consist of Gackt.

SE still has a conference later so there's still hope!

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
Who's actually making the FF7 Remake?

It can't be internal at Square-Enix. It has to be somebody they "hired on" a-la Level 5 for DQ8, at least that's what it feels like to me. The biggest reason I've always felt that Square-Enix would never do a FF7 Remake isn't because I didn't think it'd be successful but because I never thought that they'd divert manpower from a brand-new entry in any of their big budget HD series.

Wait, I actually remember Level 5 saying a while back that they'd reveal a brand new PS4 title at E3 this year. Could it be that Square-Enix has gone back to the partner that was so reliable in doing the legwork for DQ8 to do the same for FF7 Remake?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The rumor is CyberConnect2 is making it, but nothing confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Mischitary posted:

Who's actually making the FF7 Remake?

It can't be internal at Square-Enix. It has to be somebody they "hired on" a-la Level 5 for DQ8, at least that's what it feels like to me. The biggest reason I've always felt that Square-Enix would never do a FF7 Remake isn't because I didn't think it'd be successful but because I never thought that they'd divert manpower from a brand-new entry in any of their big budget HD series.

Wait, I actually remember Level 5 saying a while back that they'd reveal a brand new PS4 title at E3 this year. Could it be that Square-Enix has gone back to the partner that was so reliable in doing the legwork for DQ8 to do the same for FF7 Remake?

CyberConnect2, the guys behind the .hack games.