Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

So this game looks beautiful in 4k on my new rig but uh, does anyone know a way to make the UI not microscopically small?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I know you can scale the UI in tanks.. have not even looked if you can on botes.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Desiderata posted:

Welp, didn't notice it was NA server only, here have a Murmansk on me: M539T-R5PX2-Y9499-7M7Z6:

Nabbed this.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

demonR6 posted:

If you use either of those codes, don't be a dick and post that you took them.

Someone never visited the steam gidting thread where any posted code gets lurked hard unless its obscured or the owner says pm me.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
yeah, I know.. I can dream right?

Phaelog
Jun 27, 2009
I snagged Meatloafcat's WoWS beta key and am going to go melt this laptop now.

Edit: Thanks in advance because this looks like loud fun!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
For people taking advantage of the free beta keys: no matter how painful it might be, play 49 games before OBT. You might as well get the free T4 BB too.

...also remember to switch to random battles, at least after you learn basic gunnery and leading in your T1s in Co-Op mode.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

TehKeen posted:

So this game looks beautiful in 4k on my new rig but uh, does anyone know a way to make the UI not microscopically small?

How does the rigging look?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

So, I really don't feel like reading literally 4400 posts. Before I jump back into playing this, has WG disabled that mod that showed you how far to lead the target?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Rorac posted:

So, I really don't feel like reading literally 4400 posts. Before I jump back into playing this, has WG disabled that mod that showed you how far to lead the target?

Yes.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Woot playable on gt210.. going to get some games in and cash in for my premium ship and gold.. is 1000 gold worth another buck if can buy the bundle again.

Lots of fun.. enjoying the concept of shooting at multiple targets with my 4 guns.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Spend five bucks, get the access and the ship. sorry five bucks gets you access and 2500 tokens.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 16, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Does anyone know if you can 'stack' Warships bonus codes for more gold/slots?

Also: F93KK-75NK7-36BHM-GNGEB USED for CBT entry.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 16, 2015

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You can't use the bonus code twice. Wargaming learned from their mistakes in years past.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

But will humble send you 10 bundles with different codes or are they all the same?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

tater_salad posted:

But will humble send you 10 bundles with different codes or are they all the same?

you get a different code each buck you spend but your account only accepts one

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Blah thanks fat Russian dude who sleeps with whores... I want my premiumgoldbux for pennies on the dollar.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

For people taking advantage of the free beta keys: no matter how painful it might be, play 49 games before OBT. You might as well get the free T4 BB too.

...also remember to switch to random battles, at least after you learn basic gunnery and leading in your T1s in Co-Op mode.

When is the end of CBT? I just started today and need to know how long I have to get 49 games in.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

frood posted:

When is the end of CBT? I just started today and need to know how long I have to get 49 games in.

No clue, no date yet. I'd make a goal of 5-10 games a day.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

xthetenth posted:

No clue, no date yet. I'd make a goal of 5-10 games a day.

If they're giving out CBT codes for roughly a dollar, I'd make my guess 1-2 weeks. Perhaps as soon as the end of E3 as a worst-case scenario.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If they're giving out CBT codes for roughly a dollar, I'd make my guess 1-2 weeks. Perhaps as soon as the end of E3 as a worst-case scenario.

5 on weekdays and 10 on weekends would finish on Wed, which I think is safe and can be panic ground if they announce sooner.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It's also not 49 *wins* - you can rapid-fire between the T1s and the Murmansk and be done in two nights' time.

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Does anyone know if you can 'stack' Warships bonus codes for more gold/slots?

Also: F93KK-75NK7-36BHM-GNGEB for CBT entry. Post when used.

Yoink! Thanks very much for this.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
Is there some key that's mysteriously labeled which lets me switch between normal and sniper view like in world of tanks? I've tried messing with the view keybinds and I haven't had any luck.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

frood posted:

Is there some key that's mysteriously labeled which lets me switch between normal and sniper view like in world of tanks? I've tried messing with the view keybinds and I haven't had any luck.

Try shift. I also have a NA invite key, pm me for it.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

MeatloafCat posted:

Well I have an extra closed beta key now (and a rat-and-cockroach infested hulk ). Does anyone need an NA invite code?

It's even super rusty looking in game, which is a nice touch.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Did anyone else not get their 5 port slots? This is some poo poo. :mad:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I didn't but it's likely that the 5 free port slots everyone got from the April Fool's ships counted towards that. The Murmansk came with it's own slot regardless.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
CBT Access: F93KD-TUTGP-S8WME-TMP2T

For anyone interested

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Here's another NA key F93KD-WZ62F-7S8PG-7YVDN

I also didn't get the 5 bonus slots, even though I missed the April Fools freebie. I think that if you already have 5+ then you get nothing extra. :saddowns:

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 16, 2015

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So I'm building towards another four free skill points on my US Battleship captain. Advanced Firing Training is what I should use them on, right?

I already have Aiming Expertise, Basic Firing Training, Basics of Survivability, and Repair Work.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

El Disco posted:

Here's another NA key F93KD-WZ62F-7S8PG-7YVDN

I also didn't get the 5 bonus slots, even though I missed the April Fools freebie. I think that if you already have 5+ then you get nothing extra. :saddowns:
I wonder if they decided to change the bonus from 5 slots to 1000 gold and just forgot to update the description.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I've got a beta key for the NA server if anyone wants to trade if for one that I can use to get into EU.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Set of codes:

NA Closed Beta:
F93KY-N7BR8-Y386P-5CT5A

Free premium ship:
M539X-HTDNZ-DN2XD-S4XTB

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Oh hey, great news for carriers with the soft launch coming up - I don't know when they did it, but they broke manual torpedo dropping. Instead of the squadrons flying to the point you designate and dropping the torps, if you select a manual drop, the planes turn around, fly back to the edge of the auto circle and do their little orbit dance before doing what amounts to an auto drop but flying further in a straight line before actually letting go of the torps on the spot you picked. Every time.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Beta Access Key: F93KN-4G3TP-HF9CR-H46SA

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Did they do the wipe yet?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

High explosive can't melt steel beams. Pearl Harbor was a lie!

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Is there any gameplay-related reason to go for American carriers over Japanese? It seems like being able to use two groups of fighters at once with the higher tier Japanese boats would be pretty powerful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Sheep posted:

Is there any gameplay-related reason to go for American carriers over Japanese? It seems like being able to use two groups of fighters at once with the higher tier Japanese boats would be pretty powerful.

They get 6 planes per group as opposed to 4, at least at low tier.